Setting: Riunione Beach

Time: Afternoon

Character Form: Optime

Requested Participants: Only one please

Ideal Participant Speed: Reply at least once every week or so
[/html]

[html]

300+

Cambria had not left the packlands since she and Mati had left to visit Haven and Princess and had been found by that horrible man who had accosted her in the past. Honestly she planned to keep things that way for as long as could be managed. Crimson Dreams was the only place that seemed safe to her. The other packs she visited were safe as well, but the danger came in getting to them. It was out in the unclaimed lands that all the frightening individuals seemed to lurk and the slender Marino was easy pickings. She may not have been particularly short, but she was not strong and could easily be overpowered. It was easier to just avoid the possibility of those situations and the way to do that was to just stay home. This didn't bother the Medicus though; she was quite content in the Dreaming lands. Everything she needed was right here.

It was a rather lovely spring day, so the cocoa fey had set out with Enzo on her shoulder to collect new herbs to supplement her old stores. The pack's healer had many dried remedies, but her supply of fresh ones had dwindled quickly when fall and then winter had hit. It was one of the many reasons that she was thankful spring had finally come. Hopefully the spirits of the whole pack would rise with the temperature; they certainly needed some cheer after such a dark winter. Cambi walked south towards the coast, picking useful herbs and plants as her sea green gaze spotted them. Here some meadowsweet, there some witch hazel, some fresh marigold. She wanted to talk to Amata about trying to install an herb garden near the manor. It would be much better than scavenging for what they needed, not to mention more convenient.

As she neared the beach, a cool salt breeze brushed the bangs from her brow. The Marino looked out at the sparkling ocean with a smile. The sea had great meaning to her family and she often felt the pull of the tide against her soul when she was near the open water. She had already collected a goodly amount of what she needed so she saw no harm in taking a short break. Cream socked feet walked into the soft sand, feeling how warm it felt from the sun's rays. The mourning dove on her shoulder shook out his feathers and let out a happy call. Delicate fingers stroked his head lovingly as she looked out upon the never-ending acqua.

<style type="text/css">
.seaflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#F6B9B9; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #E6EBF8; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.seaflower-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seaflower p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.seaflower {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#DFDFED; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... flower.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F5FDFF; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#798E9C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Wc:300+

It was obvious to everyone in the animal kingdom that summer was rapidly approaching. The birds were all back and nests lined the trees with fat females ready to lay eggs. Rain had been a regular occurrence in the past couple weeks which had caused the world to turn green suddenly. But best of all, the sun was up and the days were getting nicer and nicer. It was this time of year that Jazper thrived in the outdoors. The sun warmed his black coat with ease, but didn’t over heat his body just yet, allowing for the ideal temperature for travelling and hunting. Often on the hotter days the knight would have to stay inside or by the water to avoid overheating and discomfort.

Today, however, was a beautiful sunny day with a cooling breeze coming off the lake. Cheerfully Jazper left the mansion and headed towards the beaches for the first time this year. It was amazing how far from his mind the harsh winter was on such a nice day. Although it had only been months the cold storms seemed to be years ago. Even the memories of the bear attack and loosing Denali were far from the warriors mind.

Tugging on his blue collared shirt the giant rolled the sleeves above his elbows with a grin. Today was going to be a good day, he could feel it. As he approached the coast he caught Cambria’s scent just before she came into view. Smiling like a mad man he approached her with confidence, letting his own large feet sink slightly into the sand beside her with a quick glance at the bird on her shoulders. He had always been fascinated by the idea of keeping a pet but the most popular choice, horses, had turned out to hate him. “Lovely day isn’t it.” He spoke with softness to his niece. She had grown so beautiful.
[/html]
[html]

My muse is a very finicky creature lately :| 300+

It was such a beautiful and peaceful day; it blew all thoughts of the bad things that had happened in the moons prior away. The whole winter the Medicus had been plagued by worried thoughts and little sleep. After her little sister had fallen she had spent nearly all her waking hours with Artemis doing all she could to sustain her life. During the blizzard it had all been so much worse, with her mate and other loved ones had become stuck out in the storm. Honestly she was surprised that Mati, Parker, Cypress, and especially little Tony had all fared as well as they had. They could have easily succumb to frostbite or even hypothermia. Cambria had never been so worried in her life, and that was saying quite a lot since she was a creature made of worries. Even from her youngest days she had been a worrier; it was seemingly hard-wired into her being.

The sounds of someone approaching made her spine stiffen for a moment before her nose caught the scent and she once again relaxed. It was no stranger, no grey-hued male with hungry yellow eyes coming after her again. It was just her uncle Jazper, a part of her family whom she could feel completely and utterly secure around. Enzo had grown used to the wolves of Crimson Dreams for the most part, but the dove still shrunk down and acted weary in the presence of the dark giant. "It is beautiful," she spoke in those soft tones that only whispered of her mother's accent. Cocoa faced turned to look up at her tall uncle. "How are you Zio? Your chest has been fine, hasn't it?" Amata had been in charge of his care after the incident with the bear and she had every trust in her sibling's skills.

<style type="text/css">
.seaflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#F6B9B9; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #E6EBF8; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.seaflower-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.seaflower {margin:0 auto; width:455px; background-color:#DFDFED; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... flower.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F5FDFF; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#798E9C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The breeze from the ocean cooled his coal colored body and pushed the furs back against his face. Leaning into the breeze he felt refreshed, it certainly was convenient living so close to the water. He smiled softly at his company upon noticing her pet dove continue to shrink away from him. “I guess he just doesn't like me.” The giant teased lightly. He had never gotten along well with other animals. At one point in his life he believed he would find himself a pet to keep but as of late all creatures other than canines appeared to hold a certain distaste for his presence. But that suited him fine because he didn't care much for animals he considered to be prey. Being raised by non luperci parents out in the wild, living in caves, he had grown up knowing that everything that wasn't a dog was fair game for food. Now he had to hold back his instincts around horses and birds that his friends kept as companions.

Looking down at his chest he could clearly see the large scars which wrapped down and across his hip. He still felt sorry for hurting the bear but he knew that he had done it with the intention of protecting his family and he would certainly do it again if the need arose, hopefully it wouldn't though. “It's good. Amata was on my case continuously for weeks. Honestly I'm just glade I have some privacy back.” It had been hard on the Knight to stay in bed for so many hours of the day. He was use to doing his rounds, cleaning his weapons, visiting Halifax and chit chatting with new people. Being stuck in bed was not his idea of fun and never would be. “How are you and Mati?” Everyone in Crimson Dreams knew of the couple by now as they had finally moved in together. It was a little strange for Jazper at first, seeing two of the little girls he had watched grow up suddenly find a romantic relationship in each other, but he was happy for the two.

[/html]
[html]

They're actually at the beach, not the lake >.> 300+

Cambria often wondered about the connection her family seemed to have to the sea. Of course her mother had told them what the name Marino meant, but names could often have a meaning that had no real sway on their owners. It did not seem to be so for the Marinos. She knew her mother had always felt a deep connection to the ocean and if she sought solace and peace, it was this beach where one could undoubtedly find her. It was not only Savina who felt the connection though, for Cambi felt it as well. Likely not as strongly as her mother did, but it was undeniably there. A sort of peace that no other thing could bring. Perhaps they really were "of the sea".

The mourning dove's nervousness did not go unnoticed by her uncle. Cambi only smiled at his words though and gently stroked the bird's back to soothe him. "It's in his nature to be wary of predators like us, and you're the biggest predator around Zio." Enzo had learned that she would never harm him, or Mati. He was fairly comfortable around the other immediate members of her family that she saw a lot as well, but it was unlikely that he would ever be at complete ease in the large black Lictor's presence. It was good to hear that he had recovered completely from his grievous wounds. "It's good she was, otherwise you might have gotten a permanent kind of privacy." They were dark words, but important nonetheless. She didn't doubt that Jazper hadn't liked being sedentary, but it had saved his life, there was no arguing that in the Medicus' mind.

Just the sound of her mate's name brought a wide and happy smile to her face. "We are doing very well, thank you for asking." Thoughts of what had happened when they last left the territory came back to haunt her, but she did her best to push them away. Although...perhaps she should tell her uncle about the man, seeing as he was their Centurio. "If a man in a greyscale pelt with yellow eyes comes around here, make him leave, please. He is...dangerous." Cambria would not put it past Keese to come searching her or Mati out in their home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Cambria had been in Jazper’s life since she was born much like Savina had been a part of his since he was a young pup. Although he hadn’t really talked to the chocolaty girl he had always been a part of the family. He could remember the excited feeling when Sophia and Aro had been born. Two beautiful bundles of joy that signified the Knight’s official joining with the Marino clan. Ever since his parents had been killed the Knight had been searching to be apart of something, a part of a family. Now it appeared he was watching the young find love.

Nodding at Cambria’s explanation at the dove’s actions. He didn’t care for the bird either so he supposed it was neutral. There was just something odd about keeping prey as a pet and of course anything smaller, than him that wasn’t a canine, was food. At the mention of his own possible end the warrior cringed and began to trace the scars on his chest. His pups could have been left without a father but the alpha always came first in his traditional mind. “Better me than your mother.” He admitted shyly. Savina was very dear to his heart and regardless of where life took him he would always love her.

Her last words caused his ears to perk and his tail to rise behind his head. Looking at the wolfess his yellow eyes became concerned and his brow arched in the center. “Dangerous?” He questioned. When had this gray male entered their land and what had he done to startle the young Marino? No longer did a smile cross his face but instead a frown as his parental instincts began to act up. Savina would not be happy to know that a stranger had approached her little girl. He would do whatever it took to make sure that the little lady felt reassured.

[/html]
[html]

300+

She knew some, like Jazper, probably thought her odd for keeping the dove around as a companion. It was not exactly in line with their species' nature, but Cambria wasn't exactly a typical wolf in some senses. Even though she knew she had to eat meat to survive, and did so, she hated hunting and usually left that up to the rest of the pack. Sometimes she worried she would be seen as a leech since she did not help bring food home, but she provided other services for the Dreamers such as her healing skills. The Marino hoped that was enough to cancel out whatever she might be lacking in food contributions. What made her such a good healer, her compassion, made hunting a painful things for her. She couldn't bare to hurt any creature, prey or no.

Cambi saw the Centurio trace the large scars on his torso with his fingers. It must have hurt horribly and just from looking at those healed reminders she knew he was lucky to have kept his life. At the mention of the possibility of her own mother's demise the chocolate fey shivered uncomfortably. She knew how mortal they all were, better than most. Death could be waiting around the bend for any of them but that didn't mean she liked to think of the mortality of her family. Cambria could not imagine losing her mother. It was best if they moved from such dark thoughts.

Unfortunately bringing up Keese could not move them in a positive direction. Jazper questioned her and the Marino's hands began to wring themselves as her nerves crackled. "I...I helped heal him, out in the hills some months ago. At first it was fine, b-but then he g-grabbed me...I ran home, I didn't think I would see him again. But Mati and I were going to visit Haven and Princess a-and he f-found us." Cambria closed her eyes, a vain attempt to keep the memories from coming back too vividly. "Everything he said was a lie, I know he wanted to d-do things to us. He grabbed M-Mati and I...I-I b-bit him. He let go and Mati pulled me away and we ran." The cocoa femme looked down at the ground, ears folded against her head. Enzo cooed softly and cuddled up to her cheek. It had been so awful and talking about it was difficult.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: If you want we can end with this or you can post again. Just PM me to let me know what we're doing Smile

The Knight was well known for being a protective member of Crimson Dreams. He had grown up in these lands; these wolves had taken him in with open arms and shown him a type of love that he would have never received alone out in the wild. He owed them so much for keeping him on track in the lessons of his birth father and allowing him to spread his wings to become who he was today. It was difficult for him now to sit and watch little Cambria, one of the girls he had watched grow from a little pup the size of his hand, be so upset by the actions of another. It annoyed Jazper that he had allowed such a thing to occur. He patrolled the boarders twice a day searching for new scents and keeping his ears perked the entire time. Though he had to admit that he had become a little lax in his tracking as of late.

Placing a hand on the girls shoulder in reassurance the warrior began to stand, “I will not let this beast come anywhere near Crimson Dreams Cambria. You did the right thing in defending your mate.” There was a sense of pride in his voice as he spoke. The brown hued lady before him was certainly far from a fighter and he was very happy that she had stepped up when the need arose. Removing his hand he stood fully now, looking down at the girl. “I’m going to go see if I can still catch his scent up in the hills. Just in case I run into it again.” It was all he could offer to the younger wolf but it would have to do. Turning his back to the cool ocean breeze the Knight started to walk away, his chest hot with anger at the mysterious wolf.

[/html]