Uncle J'adore
[html]

(Nootau: Not Visible)

It had all finally happened; she was now an Etikaiele Gata and a Councilwoman and had pups! In all honesty, Ralla could not have been happier. The white wolfess was currently nosing her three pups around in their nest of blankets, happily watching them move about and tumble over one another. There was Ahiga and Alaster, the 'twins'--both white and green eyed--and only distinguishable by the fact that Alaster had a grey sock on his right leg and Ahiga a grey sock on his left with grey also rimming his eyes. Little Aleu was the most easily recognizable, being a grey-brown mottled color--like her grandfather from Ralla's side--with sky-blue eyes. Ayasha had already proven to be quite attentive to the newborns, fawning over them almost as much as Ralla, and still Ralla did not neglect her duties or her adoptive daughter; she would never dream of it.

But today was also a good day to get the pups outside of the hut for the first time. Even though the roof could easily be opened to let in sunshine, Ralla wanted them to become one with nature and feel comfortable with it at an early age, plus get some real fresh air and sunshine. Fashioning a safe sling out of a blanket and padding the bottom with another one, she carefully scooped the squirming pups into the make-shift cradle and tied it over her head so that they rested against her side. This made it easier for her to then climb down the ladder without worrying about the small bodies tumbling, especially since their 'squirming' was slow anyway after only a week. If one thing could be said, it was that it was far easier to climb a ladder without a beach-ball for a stomach... Ralla was out to take them to see J'adore, as the main objective, and would do so again in another week, and then more frequently as they progressed. Luckily it was a warm day, as Ralla would not take them outside of the insulated hut otherwise. Letting her body-temperature warm them through the blankets, Ralla did a hurried walk to J'adore hut, where she gently rapped on the door, waiting for her friend to answer.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]

This is also when J'adore tells Ralla he's going to the war path Tongue

J'adore had been deep in thought when Ralla had knocked on the door. Every since he'd seen the trouble maker off, he'd been tossing and turning. When he had fought him off, he felt strong. As if he could take on one hundred and one men all by himself and although he wasn't stupid enough to go out and try it, the feeling was so refreshing. He loved his current rank though, maybe Ralla and the Kalona would let him help tend it from time to time, as he was qualifyed to do so currently. At first he had not noticed the knock, but the several raps that followed it had alerted him from his mind. Shaking of the dream world, he stood and paced across to the door. He had not been expecting Ralla to be stood there. He was a man, and as most men thought, J'adore concluded that the new mother would be in her home, doing woman things. It was a slightly sexist view, but it did not at all mean to come sacross as that.

'Ralla?' he asked, blatantely confused. The he noticed the pups wrapped up in the blanket she held. 'Oh' he exclaimed, rather dumbfounded, for no reason. A wide smile then crossed his face and he stood aside. 'You best come in then. We don't want them getting cold, huh?'

<style type="text/css">
.jadorehuntb {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jadorehunt-ooc {font-style:underline; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-align:center;}
.jadorehunt p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadorehunt {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#342c41; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... jadore.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #342c41; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jadorehunt-border1 {width:401px; border:1px solid #342c41; margin:0 auto;}
.jadorehunt-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:2px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ralla is here, barging into your house 8P And that is fine; I shall have an update-day on Friday and have at all my to-dos :<

"Hello, J'adore," Ralla greeted the man with her warm smile, having to still look up to him despite her longer legs. Honestly, she would never grow into her limbs, and the only good thing about them was that she had grown used to them and they were good for climbing trees. The male's reaction to the pups was almost comical, watching his ghostly pale eyes widen and almost seeing the information process behind them. She stepped in with the grace to lower her chin, as was a sign of respect for another person's home when entering, and turned to await for J'adore to lead her to where they might go.

"I just wanted to bring them by to meet their 'uncle,'" she said as she peeked inside one of the folds to see Ahiga bat at poor Aleu's muzzle. With that sort of introduction, her true purpose became more serious (although certainly not 'life-or-death' serious). "You know, Ayasha sees you the same way, and I support that. I firmly believe that an entire tribe is family and that we should treat each other as such." Here was where she sat and cuddled the three pups closer to her stomach where it was warmest, taking a moment to clear her throat and mind lest she sound silly. In all honesty, she was nervous in what she was about to ask and covered it up with a show of bravado; she needed to have such candor in order to at least take her responsibilities as a Councilwoman seriously. "But I would like to ask you to formally be my children's' Edutsi. We all already see you as family, but this..." she gestured to the bundle as if that would make it all clear. Ralla, in all honesty, didn't know how to describe it anymore than that; it was not just an offer of responsibility, but an offer to become a part of an inner family within the family of the tribe. He didn't need one, though, since he had Mizu and the possibility of pups from her, but Ralla had seen how much Ayasha loved him and how he returned the affection, and she had a genuine respect for her tribe mate that she felt garnered her support and protection if she could ever give it to him. Sighing with self-exasperation, Ralla turned her smile to J'adore again and gently undid a knot of the blanket, opening it up to allow the pups' heads to poke through and still remain warm. "Would you like to hold one?"

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

Big Grin!

After letting Ralla step inside his cabin, he directed her to the wooden table and chairs, sitting down he kept silent, letting his once master speak. J'adore let out a soft chuckle as she named him jokingly at first as their uncle. He smiled broadly, nodding in understanding at Ralla's words, 'Takes a village to rasie a child, don't you think?' His cheery facial expression soon changed at her question. He was speechless, the man who always had something to say was speechless. After a few failed attempts to muster a sentence together he finally managed to speak. 'T-t-thank you. I...' he paused and smiled again, 'I'd be honored. I already think of you as family, so I guess this makes it official'.

'I'd love to hold one' J'adore said, still smiling. It would be nice to hold a healthy pup, seeing as the first and last one he held was his daughter, who died soon after. Shaking the thoughts for his mind he asked, 'Do they have names?'. He had spoken with Mizu about a possible name for one of their own children, Ferrari Austral, a reminder of where he once was.

Maybe it was time now to tell Ralla about his rank change. 'Ralla, I need to speak with you about, my rank'. No time like the present.

<style type="text/css">
.jadorehuntb {font-weight:bold; color:#518F00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jadorehunt-ooc {font-style:underline; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-align:center;}
.jadorehunt p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadorehunt {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#342c41; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... jadore.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #342c41; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.jadorehunt-border1 {width:401px; border:1px solid #342c41; margin:0 auto;}
.jadorehunt-line1 {width:200px; border-bottom:2px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

We'll wrap this up in another 2-3 posts?

And that was how easy that all was. To hear that J'adore thought so was quite enjoyable in itself, and now her pups would have a larger family to rely on, should anything ever happen to her blood kin. And yet, even though she had just offered a pup for J'adore to hold, there was a pained expression on his face, and she did not know why... All she knew was that it disappeared, and that some things were better left unasked and untouched.

"Yes. The two white ones are twins, Ahiga and Alaster. Ahiga has the left grey sock and Alaster has the right one. Aleu is the littlest," she said, getting her out and handing her to J'adore, "and the easiest to tell apart. Still, she's precious in her own." The warmth of the pup was soothing--a little flame in the mother's hands--and she was so proud that they were hers... Once in the male's hands, his words caught her off guard for a moment before she recollected herself; she had not been expecting that, but then again, he probably hadn't been expecting such a request from her, either. "Are you dissatisfied?" she asked, not unkindly, but certainly with curiosity. She had wondered if she had offended him in any way with her promotion to Etikaiele Gata, and it seems that perhaps that suspicion had been true. But what was she to do? This worried the white wolfess a little, and she stroked Alaster's back mostly to calm herself. She would be most thankful if it were something of another kind, but she had to remain diplomatic; she could not be emotional in tribal matters, or she would lead them into chaos. Of course, there was Chief Dawali to balance them all out and quench the chaotic thirsts, but nonetheless, she did not want to be the cause of any dissent of any sort at all.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

Sure.

'They are beautiful' J'adore said, smiling, but not looking up to Ralla. Instead his white gaze stayed attached to Aleu. She was tiny in his strong hands. It would be amazing to have his own children, but for now he was happy enough to care for his neices and nephews.

The Spaniard frowned, his fingers tickled the pup's coat as he planned his words. 'Not exactly...' It was a vague answer, but he had still not set upon what he was going to say. Finally his mind had settled upon a basic, yet in depth enough explanation. It was ridiculous the amount of effort he was putting into his words, but then again he didn't want to come away from this looking stupid. White eyes looked to Ralla with a sigh, 'There was a wolf, a stranger, near the borders the other day...' J'adore glanced over his shoulder, staring down to the still sore gash. '...I fear that if I hadn't seen him off he would have breeched the tribe's safety...' Another pause, this was harder than he thought it would be, '...The feeling I felt when I fought for the tribe was... unexplainable. Which I why I wish to change to the warrior path'. There he had said it, 'I want to protect AniWaya as much as I can'.

<style>
.jadorecompooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.jadorecompcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.jadorecomp p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadorecomp b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jadorecomp {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B0B07E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:400px;}
.jadorecompinner{background-color:#7E7E51; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... oretab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #43432A; width:400px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The look that J'adore was giving her pups swelled the woman with pride, a vice she often did not allow herself to feel, thinking it too pretentious. But it was hard not to feel this emotion when it was so base and simple; pride for her children, pride for her duty and responsibility, and pride for whatever talents she may have deemed at least useful. She had learned to feel more comfortable in her own skin--slowly but steadily--and when others looked upon things she felt pride for, it only affirmed those emotions, and buttressed them to new heights. She would, however, continue to remain careful about where she let her emotions take her; this was also a part of duty, although first and foremost a part of being herself.

As Aleu was petted by J'adore's hands--far larger than she--she let out the puppy version of giggles, which was repeated whining without the distress. The levity of the situation immediately dropped another notch as J'adore began his explanation, starting with a possible threat. Ralla had yet to see a threat at the AniWayan borders, but the mere possibility...especially with her new pups, as a parent, made her all the more wary. "First, I will thank you, J'adore, for your loyalty to the tribe. But I must ask; have you reported this to Chief Dawali?" If not, she would, if not for the sheer purpose of keeping their Kalona updated on the borders' status. It seemed a minor and infrequent threat; certainly nothing to become paranoid over. However...regardless of the previous decisions, she returned to what J'adore was really asking. "Otherwise, I see no reason to reject your wish. Everyone here is free to follow whichever path calls to them, and so, you will now be an Ayastigi. I will miss you, though, during those lessons," she said with a jovial smile to lighten the mood again, absentmindedly stroking the twins in their wrappings of cloth. "But pay that no mind. If either of us ever has time to spare, I'd be more than happy just to chat."

<style>
.rt2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rt2 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rt2 b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.rt2 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/P1V29.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.rt2-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rt2 .inner {margin:10px 10px 275px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]

[html]

Out of character text here.

The Spaniard shook his head, 'Not as of yet. I was planning to later today, but you arrived first'. Ralla's visit had been unexpected, and seeing as she was a council woman, he had told her. J'adore turned his eyes away from Ralla to gaze upon a giggling Aleu in his hands. 'She really is beautiful, they all are', he had already considered himself the luckiest person on earth many times. His family, his friends, his pack mates. He was ever so lucky to have them all.

The tna male smiled, 'Don't fret, I am still going to be practising my tending skills on my own personal fire and I shall always feel compelled to help out when I can stocking up wise'. Pausing with a smile, J'adore returned to stroking the small girl in his hands. 'And I'll always be around to learn more about the AniWayan language'. He had not yet mastered the tongue and he was very much wanting to learn more, he wanted to become a proper tribesman. Doing all the routines that were key to the tribe. Although he had missed out on the mateship one, he would certainly do the naming ceremony when himself and Mizu had their own pups. And then perhaps, he would speak to Mizu about strenghtening their relationship byt doing a mateship ceremony. Better late then never.

<style>
.jadorecompooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.jadorecompcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.jadorecomp p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadorecomp b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jadorecomp {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B0B07E; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:400px;}
.jadorecompinner{background-color:#7E7E51; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... oretab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #43432A; width:400px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

We should wrap this up soon. Wanna make your next post the last?

"I'll discuss it with him, then," Ralla said, contemplating how to bring this up to the Kalona. They were both very busy, but it was rewarding work. In a way, it was like looking after a child--a practice, if one would, before the pups' actual birth. Smiling at the man she considered a brother, she blushed faintly at the compliment to Aleu. "Thank you. I'm very happy you've accepted our family. To be honest, I think I trusted you from the moment you helped me with the observatory." It was an odd admittance, but one nonetheless, and completely true. Trusting as she was by nature, Ralla had felt a solid trust in J'adore--one she felt she could rely on as heavily as she could with Chief Dawali.

"I can't allow you to do that," she said with a chuckle. "You'll fall behind in your own training. Just leave the fire tending to me, and you protect our village; everyone does their part. But of course, I'll always have those lessons going every so often," the white female said in reference to the language lessons. She caught Ahiga, who had been squirming, from completely toppling from her lap, a sigh escaping her lips at the close call. "Speaking of, how're things with Mizu? Are you two going to start a family?" How wonderful that would be to have cousins for her pups. What with Noss's orientation and distance away, they wouldn't have any family their age save for Ayasha and Analise to play with, if even since the two of them had taken their place amongst the adult ranks.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fdSxN.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

I shall fade out... I suck at this :|

J'adore smiled, the friendly flash of teeth warm and broad. 'I felt the same way, some how I knew you weren't going to drop a plank on my head' This was a true statement, he felt a great sense of trust pulsing from her from the moment they met. Now they were 'family' this only proved such trust.

J'adore blushed and looked down, 'Everything is going well, we're trying, we have been for a while now so I guess it's just a waiting game. Both of us are very excited to know... We thought now would be a good time seeingas there are so many pups about now'. The entirety of his speech was slurred slightly with over excitedment, toned down only by his adult appearance. Had he looked any younger, he would have nearly been bouncing off of the walls.

The pair conversed for a while longer, talking about whatever crossed their mind. Ralla had later said she should get the litter home and into bed, so with a hug and best wishes she left. J'adore moved into his own bedroom, undressing with a smile plastered onto his maw and crawled into bed. Snuggled under the covers till morning.

table by lin
[/html]