as the future repeats today
[html]

Would love someone she hasn't met yet. 502 WotD: Catarrh

This afternoon was a day that was lightly windy, causing the clouds in the sky to move at a visibly faster rate than usual. The sun dimmed in and out throughout the duration of the afternoon, either giving way to a bright day or one that was moderately dismal and sunless. Depending upon the speed and the harshness of the breeze, the Sidhe typically enjoyed breezy days that were casual. The Wahrer set out early that morning toward St. Pepin's Vineyards which was an acreage of Dahlia de Mai pushed all the way to the Northwest of the territory, shrouded in a catarrh of overgrowth of every weed and plant imaginable that could take their claim there in the unoccupied lands. The last pack meeting discussed Nayru with the prospective of reviving the vineyards in order to manufacture wine that Dahlia used to produce. Upon hearing of this, Alae kept her word with assisting in renovating the vineyards and also desired to pick up on a new hobby of some sort.

Alae's snowy owl companion remained nestled in a bramble of fauna that was concealed within some overgrowth of trees, catching some shut eye in the mid-afternoon. For a nocturnal creature, it seemed as if daylight was beginning to get the best of him, and it was generally odd enough for a species such as Kael to be out and about during daylight hours. The Sidhe didn't mind if Kael decided to get sleep amid the plenteous work that was ahead of them, for it was really in no owl's place to help with extracting weeds in the first place. Leaving Kael to his peace out of eye shot in the fields, Alae began to pluck every conceivable weed she could find that was a nuisance to the otherwise plants that would help the vineyards flourish. There was quite a bit of acreage to cover, but Alae started out small in a section to the farthest Northwest where the coastal aroma of the ocean could be scented in the air. Awaking early that morning, Alae set out to clear the weeds as soon as the sun ascended in the sky. It was best to start early when it was still cool, but the wind was pleasant enough to where the Wahrer felt she could work pulling weeds all afternoon.

Placing all the pulled weeds in a pile, she would later bring them back to her dwelling, for no pulled weed, even as harmful as it was to the growth of other plants, would go wasted. There was plenty of things to do with scavenged plants, and perhaps Saul could use some too for his medicinal purposes since he recently became to new Apothecary of Dahlia. Humming an unrecognizable tune to herself in a murmur, Alae carried on diligently in the afternoon with clearing what she could to make the vineyards more appealing and easier to work with if Dahlia was to get back on the track with producing wine for profitable purposes.

<style type="text/css">
.pink b {font-weight:bold; color:#FEDFBA; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pink .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman; font-size:11px;}
.pink p {text-indent:25px; padding:2px 20px; margin:0px;}
.pink {margin:0px auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/op4w0g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black; padding: 250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: times new roman; font-size:12px; color:#8D8371; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.-1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hello Big Grin

He was surprised at how much of a struggle the creature had been putting up. Gideon had fished in this area before and had caught a similar animal, one of those "sharks" that Layla had taught him about...but that one seemed tiny in comparison to what was chomping on his line now. Back then, the shark had gotten the better of him. It'd bitten his hand when he had tried to take it off the hook and had nearly broken one of his fingers. This time he would be the victorious one!

The experienced fisher had a lot of strength to use when it came to pulling fish out of the water. His body size helped with the issue of the shark's weight. Gideon wound up the line whenever it momentarily slacked, turquoise eyes focused on the water below. It wouldn't be long until he would see it, he knew...he had been fighting with the beast for around an hour. One large pull and he saw its massive snout break the surface, and he hurried to yank upward, backing up. He needed to get to lower ground.

The male moved toward the lower beach area, tugging the shark up onto the shore. It was at least six feet long, a pale gray in coloration, mouth gaping to expose rows of sharp teeth. He wouldn't put his hand near that mouth this time until he knew for certain that it was dead. A few strikes on the head with a large rock and the thing was un-moving. He gave it a good kick to be certain of its state before reaching for the hook and yanking it out of the animal's mouth. He then pulled a rope from his backpack, reaching his arm into the shark's mouth and stringing it through its gills on either side so he could lift it.

Gideon grinned triumphantly and pulled the ropes over his shoulders, carrying the shark on his back as he stood upright. He started to walk, unhealthy gait struggling a little beneath the weight of the shark before finding a more fluid motion. His scarred body still held the damage of his experience with the Anathema pack, where he had been medically tortured and experimented upon, and bringing the shark back alone would be quite the task.

He began the long trek back to the house. He planned on making some sort of soup out of the creature; he had developed a liking for the taste of shark meat after the last one he had brought in and wanted to introduce the pups to the taste. Maybe they would like it too. He was passing by the vineyards when he spotted another luperci, one that he hadn't had the chance to officially meet yet. Had she been at the meeting that Nayru had held? Gideon had hung back and hadn't spoken at all during that meeting...there was a good chance that she wouldn't know who he was.

"Hello" He called across the brush, walking toward the vineyards. What was she doing out here? Clearing away dead plants? Gideon didn't know very much about keeping a garden, much less a vineyard...but he wanted to do good by Nayru as well and help her with whatever project she wanted the pack to work on. "How are the...uh...plants?"

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hi James! Big Grin 379

Alae purged a good deal of weeds thus far, stashing them away in the pile that was growing into a snarled looking bush almost. It was impossible to break into a visible sweat but the Sidhe could feel herself getting warm from the physical exertion of bending over and pulling as many weeds as her grasp could attain. In reality, it would take quite sometime before the vineyards were thoroughly swept through with removing unnecessary debris, but at least this was a start. Alae continued to hum to herself in a sing-song tune until her agouti ears perked and lifted at the sound of a greeting coming from behind. The voice, carrying a young tone, also questioned how the status was with the plants.

Turning around to meet her greeter, it was a young male Luperci mottled in gray and black (it seemed like his base coat was more black, and the fine tips of his fur a grayish hue). Turquoise eyes, and besides from observing him (and about to offer a hello in return), the Wahrer noticed there was an actual shark strapped onto his back, with jaws agape showing the fine row of teeth and all. It looked nearly as long as him (maybe even longer), and the pure aroma of sea water and a sea creature wafted from both the young male and the shark upon his back. Alae didn't expect to see such a sight and impressive catch before her, as her sky blue eyes blinked several times before her mind was gently brought back to the question he asked.

"Oh, well, I'm helping to clear out weeds and other nuisance plants so we can begin harvesting our vineyards again for bottled wine." Alae explained, though she was certain he already had an idea of that. "There's much to tackle yet, but I'm making progress." Alae tacked on with a grin, squinting her eyes in the afternoon sun. Her gaze transfixed back upon the shark strapped to his back. "How's, uh, hauling that monster around? It's impressive, did you catch it yourself?" The Wahrer inquired, figuring that it might have been a silly question to ask since there was no one else around besides him, but the catch was indeed a nice one in size.

<style type="text/css">
.pink .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman; font-size:11px;}
.pink {margin:0px auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/op4w0g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black; padding: 250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: times new roman; font-size:12px; color:#8D8371; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.-1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for taking so darn long! <33 And you got his coat description absolutely perfect Wink

He remembered what Nayru had said at the meeting about getting the vineyards up to par. If he had somewhere cool to put the shark then he would join her...he'd planned on cutting up whatever he could from it and storing it below ground or in the basement of the old house that he and his children lived in. There was a tree nearby...perhaps the shade would be enough to keep it until he was finished here.

"I see. I'd been meaning to help...I haven't seen Nayru in a few weeks. I tend to keep to myself..I hadn't even met you, yet. Sorry about that. How long have you been in the pack?" He approached, taking the ropes from his shoulders and allowing the beast to fall to the ground in the shade of the tree before he entered the vineyard. "Gideon Stormbringer." He said.

Now that he was inside of the garden he could see the progress she had made. The areas that she had been working on were looking very nice and neat, indeed. Her question about the shark brought his head back up again. "I was bitten by one of those when I was younger...I wanted to pull one out of the ocean and give it a good beating" He grinned. "I'll eat it, of course. The fins taste pretty good. I've been fishing since I was real young."

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Wo0t! No worries, I've been on absence so it's all good. ^^ 458

His words spoke truth, for Nayru had been greatly MIA since the pack meeting, and Alae couldn't recall meeting her before the meeting either. Alae figured it was rightfully so that Nayru's appearance was slim, for being the Alpha Female and the only leader of Dahlia de Mai currently, Nayru had a good deal of responsibility and tasks on her plate to deal with. Expressing how the young Luperci enjoyed keeping to his own solitude, he inquired how long Alae's membership stood in Dahlia thus far. She shook her head in a dismissal sort of gesture. "No worries, I enjoy my own company sometimes too. Not for too long. Ah, I'd say a couple of days now? A little under a full moon cycle." It was hard to judge. Since Luperci didn't rely on calendar dates like the humans did in this world, it was more based on the cycles of the moons and the duration of the seasons (or at least that's how Alae calculated them). It was a rough guesstimate, if anything.

Setting the sea tyrant down in a shady area near the vineyards, Alae was confident nobody would want touch the shark unless it was some of the natural insects that nature possessed in order to help with the decomposing process (and out here in the vineyards, there wasn't much besides from little aphids). Announcing himself as Gideon Stormbringer, the surname made her ears perk forward. Her sky blue eyes proceeded to observe and scan Gideon a little more so, attempting to pick out similarities Gideon shared with Saul. Saul was a Stormbringer as well, were they close like brothers? "Gideon, I'm Alae. You probably get this a lot, but is Saul your brother by any chance?" It was a little bit of a silly question, but then again family members could have the same surnames, and be distant cousins, or somehow not even related.

Strolling further into the vineyard, Gideon spoke about his bad experience with a shark when he was younger. Listening as Gideon wanted revenge but also an exotic meal, Alae couldn't recall having fins of a shark to eat, and was curious to know how those even tasted. "Are they that good?" Alae said, exaggerating on the fins thoughtfully. Since Gideon seemed seasoned in fishing from his younger months, Alae wished one day she could become at least halfway decent. "I hope one day to fish better. I'm not the best, but its a very relaxing thing to do I think. Do you use simple string, or is there a long pole you use from the humans?" Alae recalled seeing contraptions humans used to use for fishing, and there were also some simple ones one could make with their own hands.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She hadn't been in the pack for very long...perhaps that was why the young male hadn't come across her yet. Gideon's solitary nature hadn't helped with that...but he was glad that he was able to meet her now. He wasn't used to showing his emotions outwardly, preferring to keep his thoughts and feelings to himself for the most part unless prodded about them, but he allowed a small smile to form on his muzzle as he responded. "I was a pup when I arrived here..my aunt Bris Stormbringer took me in. You're right about Saul...he's one of my littermates. We're waiting for our two siblings to return to us now, hoping that they will appear soon. They were outside of the lands during the snowstorms and disappeared."

The pack has changed a lot since I first came here. I think it's gotten better, though, with Nayru leading. She is really wonderful, once you get to know her." If she would allow it, anyway. Gideon wasn't sure that she let many others in like she had him. He'd known the bi-colored female ever since he had come to the lands as a very young whelp and they'd become quick friends, between the female's standoffish nature and the boy's bubbly, friendly attitude. They had each changed a lot since their puphood.

"I think they're good. I eat a lot of fish, though. They taste of the ocean, but they also have their own unique flavor...especially when cooked over a fire. Like nothing else, really" He said. Maybe when they were finished in the fields she would want to share supper with him. His children would be running around until the evening came and they got hungry, more likely than not. "Perhaps you'd like to eat with me and my children when we're finished here?" He inquired, leaning down to pull a few weeds from the ground.

As far as his equipment went..."I use a reinforced human pole. The ones that I was able to find were broken, mostly..but I used bits and pieces of them and carved my own pieces to use with those. The metal bits fit onto the pole just fine. And I use the strongest line I can find. I try to get the beast up closer to the beach and then wrestle with it for a bit and get the hook out of its mouth" He made it sound a lot better than it was, maybe...he hadn't "wrestled" with the shark earlier, by any means. "I think it's a lot easier to use the human methods. I know how to fish in my four-legged form, but it's much more difficult."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Revealing himself as Saul's littermate, Alae acknowledged while she listened to the tidbit story of how Gideon and his litter mates settled into Dahlia de Mai, and how apparently there was more to their flock that went missing. Alae had not had the opportunity to personally acquaint herself with Bris Stormbringer yet, but kept the name in mind for later encounters (also the Stormbringer surname was fairly easy to remember for her at this point). Apparently a severe snowstorm swept through the region with the passing winter, and two of their siblings disappeared in such. While the mention of that didn't sound like comforting news, Alae nodded to such. "I'm sorry to hear about your other siblings, hopefully it was a turn around in direction." Never really dealing with a snowstorm, Alae wasn't sure how a snowstorm could be as severe as it was to lead someone off the trail to somewhere else, but attempting to keep the best possible alternative in mind for Gideon. Explaining how the dynamics of Dahlia de Mai had shifted over time, Alae agreed with Gideon that the pack was in good hands (and paws) now with Nayru. "From what I've seen at a glance, Nayru seems very strong willed for a female to be leading a pack. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better in the future." The Sidhe only encountered Nayru from what she seen at the pack meeting, and hopefully aspired to meet her on a more personal level in the future one day.

Describing the taste of shark fin soup to the best of Gideon's ability, Alae attempted to imagine what it tasted like. It couldn't have tasted too much different from the way fish naturally tasted, but then again Gideon interpreted that it was really a category all in its own. Any mention of food made her jaws slightly water, and Gideon offered to provide her some sample of shark fin once they were completed with the vineyards. Feeling absolutely elated and interested in the offer, Alae nodded her muzzle quite vigorously. Food was always something to celebrate with, and the prospect of new food always had the Sidhe looking forward to it. "I'd absolutely love to. Thank you for the offer." Alae said, already feeling her tongue slide across her lips in feverish hunger. Besides from the shark fins, Alae was slightly puzzled when Gideon mentioned children. Children, at his age? Some males chose to wait a little more in maturity to raise offspring, but Gideon looked terribly young to have children. "You look terribly young to already have children of your own blood?" Alae questioned, not sure if it was too personal to ask in the event the children were adopted, but that was only her assumption.

Using the leftover tools of the humans, it made sense to use such tools in order to capture items as large as the shark. Fishing in the four-legged form was also a challenge in itself, but their species before the virus made them Luperci had mastered fishing even in their ancient forms for centuries. It appeared like Gideon knew what he was talking about, and Alae took this to consideration. "Well, I know who to come to now if I ever need tips on fishing. Hey, do you mind helping me out with this patch of barbs and weeds? I've only got a few more to pull up in this area before it's cleared." Alae asked. If Gideon was too busy with getting the shark back home to hungry mouths, Alae wouldn't oblige to such.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Alae acknowledged his missing siblings and he nodded in response to her words. That was what he was hoping as well, that he would see them sooner or later and that they had simply gotten lost. Hopefully they were together...or had at least seen each other and knew that the other was alive. Then if only one came back, he could still get news of the other. Gideon gave a gesture of agreement about Nayru's leadership capabilities as well. "Conor was a father-figure to me growing up..but Nayru will make a better leader, I think."

Nayru had an indescribable beauty about her, in Gideon's eyes. He felt that she didn't realize how luminous she was, which was part of the entire effect of her type of beauty. The female that stood before him was quite pretty as well, but in a different way. He could observe her visage without the same rush of blood or swell of emotion that he felt when he looked at their Alpha. Gideon had been realizing these feelings over the last few months especially, with his days and days alone in his period spent healing from the attack he had gone through by the Anathemans.

He hadn't thought about the oddity in the ages of himself and his children in some time. They were growing up, something that he was slowly accepting, but he would always see them as little defenseless pups. "Ahh...Yes. I was quite young when I adopted them. I wasn't certain that I could care for them..but Conor allowed me to try, and my aunt Bris and Nayru were always there for support too. We really seem to take care of each other in this pack. I'm still looking for the pups' real parents, but haven't had any luck so far. I witnessed their mother trying to throw them into a fire when they were much smaller...I guess she didn't want them."

Her request of help had him bent over within seconds, claws working at some of the many brambles and prickly plants that surrounded the pack's vines. "I wouldn't mind teaching you sometime. Fishing takes patience, but once you get a good strategy down for the type of fish you want to catch and use the right kind of bait it seems to go faster. Unless you're not picky about what you want to eat" He continued to pull at the barbed plants, claws ripping through the stems with relative ease. "Do you have any family in the pack, Alae?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

There had been so much talk about whom this Conor figure was, and Alae could only use her imagination to muster up a picture of his image in her mind. From what she heard, Conor had been a warrior, a diplomat, a father figure, and a guiding light to lost souls. Even from lone rogues she met in the outside, even they seemed to have known the leadership skills Conor possessed. What made such a great figure suddenly step down or disappear? One day the Sidhe aspired to have a chat with Nayru about Conor, or perhaps even Gideon before her, since she had heard a great deal about Conor and would like to know his historic roots with himself and his relations to Dahlia de Mai. The past was the past, however, and there was no doubt Nayru was more than ideal for her position. “I have faith in Nayru, strangely. There’s something in her I wouldn’t sense with any other female, or would be so willing to give leadership to. She has a certain quality in her that was born within her first breath to lead. It’s just there.” In Nayru’s case, leaders weren’t made but born into it. That was the Sidhe’s philosophy, anyway.

Swelling with newfound admiration, Alae found Gideon’s story to be very endearing for his role of taking care of stray pups. It was instinctive and always in the social nature for females to take care of rearing young, but for a male such as Gideon to step up and learn the ways of nurturing, that was a trait few males lacked, and for the males who did have that quality, it was a diamond in the rough to find one as such. It made her gratified to know there were males who hung up their weaponry and aggressiveness to be able to tutor and look after young. It made the Sidhe even more intrigued to know about Conor who assisted him in the process, and even Nayru played a part as well. An ear twitched at the mention of their previous mother attempting to purge their existence from this reality, and from admiration her soul went to slight sadness with a lick of anger. No mother deserved the title as a mother if she destined to kill her very offspring. “There wouldn’t be a need to find their real parents at this point, let alone their supposed mother for attempting to burn them alive. They are in better care in your paws, in which for a male, Gideon, is a very respectable thing to do. They will seek their parents if they want to when they are older. But, Conor and Nayru taught you well.” Alae remarked, her words genuine.

Her smile was small yet fruitful once Gideon began the activity of lending a helping paw to clear the weeds. Amongst their work their chatter would prevail, as Gideon offered to teach Alae how to fish sometime. Her smile seemed to broaden some. “For the canine in me, I don’t think I could ever be picky with what I could get my hands on.” Alae said, a small laugh following suit after. “But, I’ll definitely be looking forward to that day. Thank you.” Any fish was tasty fish as long as it was freshly caught; Alae would take what she could. As far as family yet, her smile softened from broadening. “The Sidhe are in Ireland. I left time quite sometime ago. Many of the males are more so travelers than the females, but I don’t believe anyone else of the Sidhe have reached Nova Scotia yet.” Alae explained, the thought of her family leaving her heart mildly bittersweet, but knowing they were content in the heritage of their lands at the same time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]