Rain, rain, go away.
[html]

He sat next to the river, line in one hand and a long string of fish in the other. Gideon hadn't thought that he would enjoy his period as Jager in the pack but it hadn't been as bad as he had anticipated it being. He wasn't much of a hunter to begin with and had blundered on more than one occasion...but had now learned that there were more ways to hunt than just the traditional ways that he had grown up knowing. He'd been using his sling more often than anything else to bring down all sorts of creatures...birds, rabbits, squirrels. It wasn't good for larger creatures, but it was a start.

He set his string of fish down as he felt another tug on the line. Seemed like he'd be bringing in one more fish on this evening. It was nearing sunset and he hoped to get back to the remains of the house by the time the sun had sank below the horizon line. Gideon pulled carefully on the hooked fish, bringing it to the shore with the ease of an experienced fisher. He had it strung onto the line with the others in a matter of minutes and got up onto his feet.

This day had been fairly uneventful for the male so far. Clouds had been rolling in the sky above him for most of the afternoon, but he hadn't paid them much mind. They weren't very dark. Now as he looked up at the heavens he realized how much darker they had become...the first drop of rain hit him on the nose when he was still miles away from the house. Fantastic. He grumbled a bit and began to slowly run across the plain, heading for a large tree that he could see at the edge of the clearing.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas b {font-weight:bold; color:#98796e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesxmas-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

rawrawrawr

The long strokes of the chisel on the wood was a soothing motion that was almost automatic in the boy now. Since Shawchert had taught him the basics, Saul had read a few books on wood carving that meant he was no longer a novice. He didnt know what was in the wood yet- it wasnt telling him. He'd learnt quickly that the wood would be carved into what it wished to be, not what you enforced upon it. When the wood knew what it wanted to be, it would reveal itself to the Stormbringer male. He'd tried to explain this to Siku, but his best friend hadnt understood what he'd meant. He smiled softly, sat on his back porch (recently added to the property) and looked out over the river. Green eyes were almost gold in the setting sun and the male could feel an overwhelming sense of peace washing over him. It was moments like these that the male treasured. Of course, it was moments like these that made him realise he still had no idea where Ascher and Shiloh were- lost as they were. He sighed softly running a wood-dust covered hand over his face and leaving behind the dust on his brow and a smudge on his nose.

He stood then, turning to walk back into his house. If he hadnt turned, he may not have seen Gideon. And he might not have noticed that it had begun to rain. He'd been caught in his thoughts, hadnt noticed the darkening of the sky nor the first spits of rain. He thought of Wretch then- her leg was very nearly healed and her jaw was too. But she shouldnt get wet. His mind, however, was preoccupied with the image of his dark furred brother running across the flat grassland. Last time Saul had spoken to him, he'd been limping an aweful amount. He shouldnt be running. A scowl marred the males handsome features as he moved out into the rain, regardless of himself getting wet or ill. It took him only a few moments to reach the tree Gideon had come to shelter in.

"Brother, you appear to be hiding under a tree when my home is just a few hundred metres away..."

He spoke with a mixture of confusion and tease in his voice. He shook his fur and then he noticed the fish in Gideon's arms. He snorted softly, counting them. He really was a good fisherman and Saul hoped that he would continue this. Green eyes caught his brothers, so similar in colour to his own and he smiled, a dazzling smile that spoke of a true pleasure to see his brother.

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

There were few things that Gideon hated more than the rain or getting wet. The only thing that was worse than getting soaked by the rain was getting soaked by the rain in the autumn or spring when it was quite a bit chillier outside. He didn't favor the idea of standing and shaking somewhere with a wet coat. He'd once been a large male with toned muscles and enough fat to spare, but he was leaner now.

Blue-green eyes met the green of his sibling's as he heard Saul's voice behind him. He had seen his brother often enough during his recovery, often bringing Melee and Range by to visit their uncle and Siku. He had been told that there was a little girl living with his brother, but hadn't had the chance to meet her yet. She always seemed to be out somewhere whenever he came by. Maybe it wasn't coincidence. He was proud of Saul for taking the girl in and offering her a home. They were a kindhearted pair, he and Siku.

He raised his hand in greeting and approached his brother, moving quickly to avoid getting wet. "The rain drove me beneath that tree; I hadn't realized your cabin was so close, brother!" He shouted. "I had been fishing...obviously, I guess. Haha. How have you guys been doing?" He pulled one fish off the string and offered it to Saul as he came nearer.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesxmas b {font-weight:bold; color:#98796e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.jamesxmas-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; text-align:center;}
.jamesxmas p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.jamesxmas {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#cbc7b3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ames02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c302c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesxmas-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

rawrawrawr

There had once been a time where the two Stormbringers matched in height, weight, muscle mass. Their genetics wouldnt allow them to be small, it was simply impossible. But before Gideon's attack, which the dark male still didnt remember, they had been roughly the same, albeit completely different in colouration. It was clear to Saul's critical healers eyes however that he had not healed properly yet. His body was still wonky- half of his physique still largely muscled while a lot of the tissue around his other side had been ripped away. While there were no longer large chunks missing from the dark male, he hadnt grown back the way he had been. And Saul wasnt sure he ever would. He raised his hand in greeting and Saul chuckled softly. His brother was just as awkward as he was, perhaps sometimes a lot worse than he was.

Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as the male answered his question. Both Stormbringers were under the cover of the tree while his own cabin lay a few hundred metres away. Of course, the skies decided to open then and the ferocity of the rain aimed to completely obscure any veiw of the home he had built himself. Shaking his head softly at the grey mass of rain plummeting to earth he turned back to the man he had grown up with. He noticed the fish in his hands again and chuckled. He'd run from the river it seemed. Absently Saul wondered if Gideon had planned on visiting him when he was so close to his brothers home, or if the thought hadnt crossed the boys mind. He shrugged softly.

"Next time, run straight for me alright? You know you're always welcome in my home." He said warmly, just about hearing his brothers shouted words through the thunder beginning to clap overhead. Summer storms were always the worst. "I see you got a good haul today- Nayru wants to repair the harbor so we can fish. Maybe would could ask her to oversee it?"

He took a moment to consider his brothers customary question. How were they all doing? Saul was doing okay, trying to adjust to his new position as healer. Of course, the pack was riddled with those who had different forms of healing knowledge and the year old male was still learning a lot. But Nayru trusted him to look after those in her care and he was more than ready to prove that. Siku had become much quieter, but she still snuck into his room by night so that each morning he was curled around his best friend, wondering what on earth was wrong with him when his... private areas, were throbbing. It was beginning to get out of hand and it was damn well embarrassing. He was going to have to talk to someone about this sooner or later, lest he really embarrass himself in front of her. It wasnt fair. Wretch was doing well, her leg was almost healed completely although it would take many months to sort out the psychological damage and work on the physiotherapy to build up her muscle mass. The break to her jaw was doing well and she could speak properly again. She just chose not to. Snorting as he mulled it over, he turned back to the male.

"We're doing well I guess... Still a few things to sort out properly! And you? The pups are almost grown up now, aren't they?"

It seemed the luperci grew up a lot quicker than most and wolves here were considered adult at nine months old. Range and Melee were just brushing their seven month mark, the month they would come into their legacy and aquire their optime forms. He had no idea if the two had shifted yet and he hoped Gideon would know the answer.

<style>
.saul-q32 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-q32 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-q32 b {color:#2A2E1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.saul-q32 {background-color:#CFDF97; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/saul.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#737F4B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:215px 0px 10px 0px; }
.saul-q32-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Alllllllright." He agreed steadily. Saul would likely just keep bothering him about staying over if he didn't agree to his brother's invitation. Saul was a giving wolf, and Gideon tried not to bother him if he didn't have to, even though his sibling had always made it clear that Gideon wasn't burdening him by staying over whenever. The darker male had been staying in the mansion despite its state, keeping to the lower bedrooms which were intact for the most part.

He swallowed at the mention of Nayru. He had scared her away a little, he thought, with his actions earlier in the month before. "Yeah...ask her. Would you mind asking her? I don't know if she'd want to talk to me..." He motioned for Saul to follow him toward the cabin, a place of refuge from the storm that was about to hit. "I think I messed up. I just...tried to tell her how I felt about her and she ran off."

He didn't know how obvious his feelings for Nayru had been all this time, but Saul surely'd had some idea. "I just don't understand. She's the only one I care about...besides you guys. You all know I care about you. But I care for her in a different way. And she's the only one..I could never want anyone else." The male had come to realize over the last few weeks just how strong his feelings were and how much he needed her in his life. She made him so happy.

"The pups..well, neither of them have shifted, but we've talked about it. Range was worried about it, thought he wasn't ordinary for not having done it yet...but I told him it was normal." Gideon said, responding to his sibling's question about the pups. "They're doing great, though." They adored Nayru just as much as he had. She had always been there for all of them.

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]