Let's Gather Wood
[html]
Thread Information
Date: 24 May (backdated)

Setting: AniWaya

Time: Morning

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

Ayasha was waiting for Shiloh by the Great fire, finishing the squirrel carving that Shiloh had taught her to carve. She was just about to finish it, she was just put the fine details on the fur. She was about ready to find more wood so she could carve some more.

Of course it was mostly Shiloh's fault that they didn't find any wood a few weeks ago. And it was totally not Ayasha's fault that she joined Shiloh in playing. She smirked to herself. It had been a long time since she had played with anyone like that. It was fun. Hopefully her brothers would be up to playing with her when they got a little bit bigger.

Of course with her luck, they would be way bigger than her before too long. She was doomed to be the smallest wolf. Even her sister might be bigger than her. She pouted to herself as she thought about the probability of all her adopted siblings being bigger than her. But she grinned at the squirrel she was finishing.
WC:282

Shiloh was asleep in the town hall, her nightmares forcing her to wake again. It was early morning and as Shiloh got up, whispering her prayers to the great spirits for letting her live another day. She got up on shaking legs, finding her water bag and her whittling bag. She took a swig of her water before heading out side to the great fire. She hadn't been eating much lately because she had been waking up sick, her nightmares too vivid to let her keep the bile down that threatened come up even after she had some water. She went over to the great fire and noticed Ayasha sitting wit her squirrel carving. It had come along well and Shiloh couldn't hold back a smile. She slowly walked over to Ayasha and sat down next to her giving her a weak smile.

"It looks amazing Ayasha. You have a natural gift for whittling. I'll show you what wood to get like I promised," she said weakly. She hoped the pup didn't notice her sickness, how skinny she was. She felt weaker today, the night sleep ailing her. She kept seeing her sister begging to help her only to get swallowed by flames. She could still feel the pain of the flames burning her fur and flesh off as she reached for her sister. She looked down hoping Ayasha didn't see her eyes grow dark as she held back tears. She wanted to protect Ayasha because she reminded her of Anya. She didn't want to see the pup hurt in anyway and would protect her with her life. "I love you Ayasha... please don't ever forget that," she whispered reaching for her.
Ayasha's ears flicked back as she heard someone approach and sit down. She turned slightly and saw Shiloh and gave her a gentle smile in return. Hi. I'm just about done with it. Do you know of anyone who would like it? She didn't mind giving it away to someone who needed to be cheered up. Her eyes went over Shiloh's thin form and had concern in her eyes but would let Shiloh tell her on her own time. She just hoped Shiloh would tell her.

Her eyes brightened as Shiloh said that she would show Ayasha where to get wood. That will be good. I need more wood since I'm almost done with this squirrel. She saw the tears start to form in Shiloh's eyes and put her carving stuff in the bag. She stood up and gave Shiloh a hug. You need to remember that I love you too. She grinned. Now shall we get wood? Or are you going to distract me and play with me? She teased her gently.
"Give it to Ralla. She will love it." said Shiloh smiling softly. She listened to the girl tell her that she needed more wood. She joked that she wanted to get more wood but also wanted to play. "I'm sorry but I cant play right now. I am too weak. I will help you find wood though." she said getting up with some trouble and some swaying. She stumbled before righting herself and walking to the forest to show Ayasha what kind of wood to use. She started seeing spots and took a swig of water to fight down the nausea that seemed to threaten her. She felt extremely weak and after a few moments fell to the ground.

She lay in the leaves that covered the ground, watching her world spin and tilt. She was scared and whimpered softly as spots blurred her vision and her body shook as she reached for her water. She hoped Ayasha was close by and didn't want to scar the pup with what was ailing her. "A.... Ayasha... please.... dont worry... about me.... I'm ok...." she whispered as the spots started to leave her sight. She still shook but was able to stand somewhat with the help of a tree. "I'm ok... Ayasha I am ok." she didn't know if she was saying it for Ayasha's sake or her own.
Her whole body perked up at the idea of giving it to her mother. You think so? At playing, Ayasha shook her head slightly. Nah. I don't want to play right now. Remember, I tried to stop play and you were the one who wanted to keep playing. Her face started to smile but soon frowned as Shiloh swayed on her feet and stumbled a little. She stayed as close to her as they went along. As she fell to the ground, Ayasha yelled, SHILOH! And went to help her.

She knelt down next to Shiloh and nuzzled her gently. She saw Shiloh reach for the water and handed it to her. Ayasha started to gently stroke the top of Shiloh's head. As Shiloh stood again and needed the tree to help, she put her hand on her shoulder and said, Shiloh. What's wrong? You look sick. We're not moving until you tell me what's wrong. Her voice was gentle but firm, a trait she had picked up from Ralla.
"I dont want you to worry Ayasha. Its nothing really." said Shiloh trying to walk over the wave of dizziness that threatened to knock her over. She was able to take a few steps before collapsing again. "Its just the flu." she said softly hoping she wasn't scaring her too much. Shiloh swallowed back the bile that rose in her throat but she couldn't help let some of it come up as her sisters burning body flash before her eyes. She reached for Ayasha thinking she was her sister. She pulled away as fire seemed to burn her flesh. She reached for Ayasha again and heard her sisters screams against the roar of the flames. She pulled away and called Anya's name as she reached again and again, not reaching Anya, not saving her sister. It didn't stop her from trying over and over till she collapsed against the tree behind her. Everything in front of her screamed as her family burned in front of her. A figure came towards her and she tried to push it away.

"Please.... Let me die with them... I hurt so much with out you Ani. I love you" she whispered reaching for the figure and watching as it disappered before her eyes. "No Anya please.... dont leave me again" she cried before slumping against the tree, tears running down her muzzle. She stared at her arms and saw the scars and the pain came back. "I failed you sister... But I promise not to let anything happen to Ayasha. She... She reminds me of you. And I love her because of you."
She frowned at Shiloh saying that it was nothing. It doesn't look like nothing. But at the mention of the flu, she raised her left eyebrow. Are you sure that is all it is? Then she became worried as Shiloh started to talk about Anya, her sister. Shiloh! She reached for Shiloh but was pushed away.

She heard Shiloh talking about her sister and wanting to die. She pulled Shiloh into her arms and gently stroked Shiloh's back. She had tears in her eyes as she heard about how Shiloh loved her because of Anya. I love you too Shiloh. She placed a kiss on Shiloh's forehead.
Shiloh was brought back to the present by Ayasha's whisper that she loved her and her kiss to her forehead. She still shook and pulled her to her. "I miss her so much Ayasha. I loved her so much and I failed her. I failed them all." she cried against Ayasha. She hadn't told the girl about her nightmares, about her not eating. "I haven't been sleeping well Ayasha. I keep seeing her face, I keep watching her burn. I cant eat I cant sleep and my heart hurts so much. You are the only reason I am alive right now. Your the only person that calms me. I want to let them go. I..." she broke down and cried again wishing there was a better way to let go.

She pulled away from Ayasha and tried to stand. "I don't want to scare you. I don't want to lose you. I don't want to hurt you." she said trying to get away from the pup as flashes of Anya invaded her mind. "I'm so sorry Ayasha."
Ayasha just held on tighter to Shiloh as Shiloh told her about what had happened and what was going on. How long have you been not sleeping? Have you been eating enough? She asked gently. Shiloh seemed to be really skinny, and not in a healthy way. About her being the only thing that's keeping Shiloh alive, Ayasha's brow furrowed slightly. What do you need me to do?

She stood up as well when Shiloh did. As Shiloh started talking and pulling away, Ayasha's eyes widened. She grabbed Shiloh's shoulders again and firmly said, If you keep pulling away and not taking care of yourself, I will have to miss you. And I don't want to, Shiloh. She thought about the options. How about we talk to my mother about either you moving in with us or me moving in with you? Would me staying with you help?
"I haven't slept a full night since I came here. I stopped eating when I started seeing things." said Shiloh turning to Ayasha, staring at her with tears in her eyes. "I dont want you to worry about me. I need you to be here for me. I need you to stay safe. I don't want to lose you. I don't know how to take care of myself. These nightmares keep me from doing anything but whittling. I live in the town hall and a rock shelter I found a few days ago. Ralla has enough people to worry about and doesn't have space for me in your hut. I don't want you to leave your family because of me. You staying with me would be nice and you do keep me calm but I will not ask you to live with me or me live with you. I will be ok Ayasha." whispered Shiloh as she started to walk towards her home, the cave she had found.

She was able to walk for a few before starting to feel dizzy again. She had really wanted to show Ayasha what kind of wood to find but her sickness was making it hard to see or do anything. She just wanted to lay down and sleep but she knew she wouldn't have the peaceful sleep her body begged for. Her mind wouldn't let her sleep and her mind wouldn't let her eat. She wished she could just sleep and eat like a normal person. Ayasha was worried about her.
Her face turned into another frown as Shiloh told her why she wasn't eating or sleeping. What type of things have you been seeing? Ayasha still had a sternness to her voice, that in her own mind sounded a bit like Ralla. As Shiloh gave the reasons to her suggestions, Ayasha nodded in defeat. You're right. Is there anything I can do to help? She was practically begging Shiloh to let her help but she found that she didn't care. She cared too much for Shiloh to let anything bad happen to her.

Ayasha caught Shiloh as she stumbled. How about we get you to where your staying and we can take a nap together? Then we can go out and find the wood? She would also try to get Shiloh to eat something. And she would need to talk to Mizu and see what can be done to help Shiloh. Ayasha would carry Shiloh if need be. But Shiloh walking around by herself was dangerous for Shiloh.
OCC: sorry for the short post. I is losing my muse

"A nap sounds... nice." said Shiloh slipping down a hill and rolling down into a small creek. She landed in the water and coughed as Anya flashed in front of her, helping her up. "I see Anya even while I am wake now.. She keeps me alive. She makes me stay with you." whispered Shiloh as she let the water run over her burning fur and flesh. "Just don't leave me alone." She whispered softly trying to push herself up and make it across the creek to her small home. She touched her side as pain shot up it and found a small cut on her ribs. "I'm sorry Ayasha. I don't mean to scare you. I don't mean to have you worry." she whispered as a tear went down her face.
OOC: That's OK.

IC: Somehow, Shiloh slipped from her reach and ended up slipping down a hill and landing in a creek. Ayasha hurried down after Shiloh and was about to help her up when Shiloh got up on her own. Her brow furrowed and she asked, How real is Anya to you? She stayed next to Shiloh. I'm not going to leave you until you tell me otherwise.

She nuzzled Shiloh. You don't scare me. She wiped the tears from Shiloh's eyes. Do you want me to get a few rabbits to eat? She hoped Shiloh would accept the rabbits.
"Real enough to that I see her in you." she said walking to the cave. She looked around the cave and spotted her small pile of sleeping furs she had made and left in a small hole for her. They kept her warm at night ant is was all she needed. She collapsed in them and curled up only aware of Ayasha because of the shuffle she could hear from her moving. She was tired and hungry but was so used to the pain of hunger that she almost said no to Ayasha. "Only if you want to. I dont want to burden you." she whispered softly.
Ayasha frowned again but sighed as Shiloh was obviously hungry. I'll go get us some food. She gave Shiloh another kiss on the forehead and left the cave. She sniffed to see if there were any rabbits, and upon smelling some, ran off to get them.

As she did, Ayasha thought about Shiloh. she would do anything to get her better. So with that determination, she went and caught several rabbits. She brought them back to where Shiloh was and dropped a few next to her. Here you go. Eat. She didn't quite order Shiloh but was firm about her eating.
Shiloh was almost asleep when she heard the click of Ayasha's claws on rock. She could smell the rabbit and after a few moments shifted to she could eat easier. She pulled a rabbit to her and buried her face in its soft fur tearing it apart. She hadn't noticed how hungry she was till the was able to swallow her first piece of rabbit. The first rabbit was gone before she remember and it was staying down. She whimpered before reaching for another rabbit. She only stopped after the 3rd rabbit. It took the edge off her hunger but she was growing tired. "Thank you Ayasha. I hadn't noticed how hungry I was until I started eating. I am keeping it down so that is a good sign. Please... stay with me for a while so I can rest some and then teach you what wood to get. I will keep my promise." she said softly before yawning.
Ayasha smiled at Shiloh ate so much of the rabbit. She ate two but at a much slower rate. If she wasn't worried for Shiloh, Ayasha would have laughed but it was a good sign that she was even eating. She just hoped that Shiloh wouldn't make her come here often and force her to eat. But if that was what it took. she would do it or make sure someone else, like Ralla would do it.

At Shiloh going to sleep, Ayasha nodded about her staying with Shiloh. I'll stay. And when you get up, I'll get some more rabbit for us to eat. She curled up next to Shiloh and said, Get some sleep. And have pleasant dreams. I won't leave you. She settled in to watch and be close to Shiloh. She wasn't tired but figured being in contact with Shiloh would help her sleep.
Shiloh curled around Ayasha and was out before she knew it. It felt like it used to with Anya. The way Ayasha was curled against her felt so much like Anya that she whimpered softly against her. "Thank... Thank you... Ayasha." she whispered before relaxing completely against the pup. She dreamed of Anya and the game of tag that killed her but before it got to the nightmare it changed to her game of tag with Ayasha. The laughter and the fun and the feeling of being alive for the first time since her family died. She dreamed of Ayasha and her love for her. The fact that she wanted her to get better. She dreamed of playing with Ayasha and teaching her the right woods to get. She dreamed of having a family that claimed her and loved her.
Ayasha smiled softly as Shiloh relaxed against her. When Shiloh thanked her, Ayasha whispered, Your welcome, Shiloh. She could tell that Shiloh's dream was good and that she was helping the scarred female. She hoped that Shiloh would sleep as long as she wanted.

Ayasha thought that she wasn't tired but with Shiloh sleeping well and cuddling with the wolf, Ayasha's eyes slowly started to close. Before she actually fell asleep, she gave thanks to the spirits for allowing Shiloh to sleep well and keep her food down. She would have gone on but she was soon softly snoring.
WC:253

A few hours have pasted. Mid day around 12pm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Shiloh woke from her nap, surprised to find Ayasha still with her. The young pup snored softly and was curled against her in such a way it reminded her of Anya. *But she is not Anya even though I love her just as much as I did her.* though Shiloh with a soft lick to the child's face. She hoped not to wake her as she moved away to clean herself off in the small creek close by. She had dried blood on her face from the rabbit she ate before she slept and felt nasty as she shifted into her optime form so she could clean herself. She thought about how much Ayasha cared for her well being and smiled as she kneeled to clean off her face. She would have to wake Ayasha and show her what wood to get. Afterwards she would take her home to Ralla, who was most likely worrying about her. She chuckled to herself and rose to her feet dusting herself off. She went back to her cave and smiled as she looked at Ayasha. They hadn't known each other long but in the time spent Shiloh had grown attached to Ayasha and honestly cared deeply for her. She went over to Ayasha and shook her softly hoping she wasn't interrupting a good dream. She felt better now that she had gotten some rest and food inside her. Shiloh felt stronger and more alive and wanted to really show Ayasha what woods were good for carving.