Anyone out there?
[html]

OOC | Hello. Big Grin Hope it’s alright for Rook to be snooping about McNamara’s Landing at such an ungodly hour.

Rook had been wandering for some time now. Well, “some time” wasn’t at all that accurate actually. It might have been a few months, a year or even two years, but either way, the young coyote meandered along his unmarked path on two feet as his clawed-hands kept a tattered canvas messenger bag close to his wiry body. It wasn’t long until he stumbled upon a thin river where memories of his family came to mind. His forehead wrinkled in distress and he shook his head to whisk them away, making his large ears wobble about atop his skull. He focused on the ground in front of him again and where he ought to be going. Dwelling on the nightmares he had had the night before was just going to slow him down anyway. After all, he had new goal to fulfill: find a place to settle down… Staying in the wilderness was starting to get old and a bit lonesome; he wanted to meet people, make friends and share laughter or whatever others did when they socialized now a days.

Taking a deep breath, he continued to trace the river’s path until a peculiar sight caught his eye. Where the field ahead of him should have been lush and thriving in the mild summer temperatures it was desolate and barren. It also seemed to be the home of odd-looking… well… he wasn’t sure what it was, but it was definitely strange with its sharp angles and disassembled pieces. His sage green eyes went to the few boxes that were scattered around the spectacle and almost instantly he began to ponder what discarded treasure they held. He made to move forward but was instantly hit with a wall of scents – a pack, an actual group of individuals. His eyes widened hysterically and he whipped around as if to make sure no one had seen him accidentally trespass. Oops.

The youth shakily clasped his hands together as he jumped back. He had passed a few pack territories in the past few weeks (and made sure to stay well away from them), but somehow, he felt this place was different, and it wasn't just because those various cargo containers seemed to call to him. The air seemed calmer here. He waited and listened just in case he hadn’t seen anyone nearby. It might have been too early in the morning for a leisurely stroll but, still, Rook instinctively abided by the warnings the musk conveyed. When wringing his hands didn’t calm him down, he stuffed them into the pockets of the only article of clothing he wore: a filthy pair of cargo shorts he had traded for in New Brunswick a week or so ago. Maybe if he stuck around long enough someone would come along and grant him access to those discarded boxes or at least entertain him with the possibility of becoming apart of the group that owned this place...

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain b {font-weight:bold; color:#669900; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UL7C ... -plain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Bahaha, Barrett just took up residence in McNamara earlier this week since he figured he'd get peace and quiet here... hopefully he won't be too cranky xD

Barrett had been snoozing on his cot in the back of the plane when he heard something too big to be a rabbit or squirrel moving around outside. The idea that his previously deserted retreat had suddenly become the new hot item was so unappealing that he lay there with his eyes shut for several minutes more, as if willing the sound to be a figment of his imagination or that of a canine simply passing through. When the soft rustles ceased, it seemed for a moment he'd gotten his wish, but by now he'd been sufficiently roused from his slumber and felt obliged to investigate.

One dark hand rose and drug over his face as if to wipe the sleep away, and then his pale yellow eyes fluttered open to behold the soft metallic glint of the cabin's roof. He rolled onto his side and swung his feet to the floor while stretching his back and itching absent-mindedly at his neck. He yawned quietly and cast a wary glance at the early morning sun, whose rays peaked through the tiny, dusty windows. Still weary and half-dazed, he grappled for another minute with the irresistible urge to flop back over and catch a few more z's, but curiosity got the better of him and he rose to his feet at last.

Emerging from the half-battered shell of the plane into the crisp morning air, the yearling wasn't exactly sure what he expected to find, but he soon got his answer: a gaunt, nervous looking fellow was nearby. It didn't take his nose long to figure out why he seemed so apprehensive--this coyote bore no affiliation to Crimson Dreams, and he could not have simply been a new recruit because he carried neither of the leaders' scents. "Hey!" he barked suddenly, a little shocked and irritated that it wasn't even a pack member disturbing his solitude so early in the morning.

It was debatable whether Barrett was more upset that the other man was on pack territory unannounced or simply because he liked to think of McNamara as his own. The chocolate male advanced towards him, eyes sharp, ears pointed forward, and hackles raised. It was a display of dominance more than aggression, and he stopped several yards away, looking the stranger up and down. Despite their age gap, the coyote was noticeably smaller than him, and--he had to admit--seemed mostly harmless. Nobody owns the Earth, his bisabuelo's voice further reminded him. "What's the big idea?" he pressed, though the aggravation in his tone had already fizzled into mild frustration.

<style>
.barrett-traffic p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC | x)

By the time Rook had almost forgotten about the sight of the odd-looking metallic object in the middle of the field, a sharp bark met his ears. He spun back around, casting his eyes back to the field where the cargo containers laid scattered here and there on the ground. It took a moment for him to focus on the black shape advancing towards him but when he did he stumbled backwards in shock, landing on the ground with a mild thud. Someone had heard him. A whimper escaped his muzzle.

His heart pounded against his ribs as he shuffled backwards on his elbows. The ragged messenger bag dragged along the ground beside him. “What’s the big idea?” he heard the youth question him. “U-uh, uh,” Rook stammered in reply, curling his legs closer to him. “Um…” Given the dark canine’s presumed impatient nature, he lifted a shaky paw to point towards the pieces disheveled aircraft. “I-I jus’… I was just… I was just looking.”

He must have sounded stupid. His large ears lowered and he grimaced before raising his arms over his face and head. “I mean no harm,” he muttered. One of his eyes peeked out from behind one of his forearms but almost instantly he averted his gaze. “I s-s-saw the boxes at first,” he admitted. “But… I was really wondering about y-your p-pack. I’m searching for a place to stay, you see-ee.”

<style type="text/css">
.Rk-plain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Rk-plain {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#FFF; background-image:url(https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UL7C ... -plain.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Feel free to powerplay them walking or whatever, he'll call for Savina in my next post ^^

Barrett winced as the other man lost his footing and succumbed to gravity's pull, with his mocha ears flattening uncertainly because the coyote's frantic reaction was so unexpected. They swept forward again at the mottled loner's faltering voice, and the Veles took another tentative step closer, but quickly ceased his advance when he realised just how uncomfortable the stranger was. Although Barrett was impressive in his own right, he was mostly harmless. Trespassing was considered a severe breach of etiquette where he grew up, but it was not so dire as to merit corporal punishment (unless there was malicious intent on the part of the interloper, of course). This guy was acting like he might get his head handed to him on a silver platter at any minute.

"Hey, hey," he tried, doing his best to sound soothing, all the while mentally reeling at just how absurd the situation had become. "Here, let me help you up," he offered, hackles deflating and stance becoming much less standoffish. He extended a furry paw to the seated man, the other raised in a universal gesture of 'no harm, no foul.' "I guess I've gotten kinda particular about that hunk of junk since I started bunking here," he explained, jerking his thumb at the half-mutilated plane. "Folks mostly stay out east of here, too," he added. As a ranked wolf he technically didn't owe the young man an explanation--and he wouldn't apologise--but his heart was not made of stone. He really wished for the fellow to be more at ease and he thought these details might help.

"Anyway, this is Crimson Dreams. I can call for my leader but I'm not sure she'll appreciate that you're so far over the borders," he said, although this last bit was probably obvious. "Let's go for a walk," he suggested, although something implied that this stroll was non-optional. Barrett would steer their course back towards the borders and eastward--Savina was probably at the old manor, anyway. The loner would be more likely to receive her good graces if it at least looked like he demonstrated proper consideration for the bounds of their territory. The yearling would nevertheless speak on his behalf, as Rook did seem genuinely repentant for his trespass. "So what's your story, 'n what's your name, anyway? I'm Barrett." He was 95% sure this fellow was not of poor character and he could make his recommendation for the coyote's addition to their ranks, but he figured a little extra information couldn't hurt and it would give them something to talk about as they walked.

<style>
.barrett-traffic b {color:#FDE77D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.barrett-traffic {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#FEF2A6; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... affic1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 190px 0px; border:none; width:420px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;}
.barrett-ooc {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#B16621; text-align: justify; background-color:#000000; border:none; width:400px; border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; margin:0 auto;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The coyote’s jaw clenched together, even as the yearling offered to help him up. Truthfully, he thought he was going be given a “knuckle sandwich” or knocked out. Opening his eyes and slowly lowering his arms at the sound of the youth’s voice, which informed him about how he had made the crash site his home, Rook hesitantly took his hand and got up onto his feet again. “Oh,” he merely sounded.

He continued to listen, soaking up his words like a sponge. He had come upon a place called “Crimson Dreams” and, if he wished, this newfound acquaintance could introduce him to the pack leader. Excellent. Well, okay, maybe not the trespassing part. He actually mistook the edge of the field to be the territory border. Oops, again…

“Go for a walk,” he echoed, calming down a bit now. “Shhhure.” His rust-hued hands patted the satchel at his hip then looked around on the ground to make sure its contents hadn’t spilled out. Nope, all good. He then gave Barrett a rather nervous smile and nodded quietly before strolling along with the Crimson Dreams ‘representative.’ Barrett. “I-I’m Rook,” he offered. “Just a traveler of sorts, I guess. I was separated from my family, actually, so I’m looking for a new one. A fresh start never ‘urt anyone… I guess, right?”

He glanced down to his feet and quietly placed his hands back in his short’s pockets. After sometime he looked back at Barrett, “So, erm… Sorry, I jus’ gotta ask, but what is that thing? That silver, crinkly… metallic… thing?“ Perhaps it was a good thing now that he was going to accustom himself to pack life, or, at the very least, a social life with a few friends and contacts. He had a lot of learning and catching up to do with the world.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Haha, your post made me think about it and now I wonder if I should talk to Erin or Alli about maybe getting a scale bar on the CD map, since I just realised everything does appear deceptively close o_O (Though I guess they'll see this when they come to accept you xD)
Anyway, I got curious and decided to do some image processing with ImageJ: looks like based off of the scale on the board-wide map, the McNamara field is at least a mile and a half inside the borders at the closest point. Also, from the furthest southwest corner of CD to the furthest northeast is about 37 miles :o -Useless-
But, er, yeah.. -Will stop nerding it up and post now.- <<; It's not really important, I'm just anal about these things... all maps should have scale bars ;~; Anyway, feel free to edit "leader needed" into your title or subtitle somewhere Big Grin Also I think this is most I've ever babbled in the OOC part of a post o_o

Although Barrett's outward appearance didn't change any, he was secretly relieved when the lean stranger's voice steadied and he got to his feet. As much as Savina might not like a trespasser, he didn't think she'd care for her members terrorising potential recruits, either. The wolf watched intently as the coyote checked his bag and he found himself wondering what sort of items this Rook kept on his person. It was only a casual curiosity, however, and he did not see it fit to ask. Barrett often carried his own bag, and though it was mostly filled with things of little consequence--some dice, a worn pack of playing cards, a few sheets of paper with a pen and some ink--he would still consider it a violation of privacy if anybody demanded to know what was in it. His was tucked away in the aeroplane, in any case, but he saw no reason to fetch it--it would be safe there for now.

"Got separated, eh? Well, I hope everything's alright with your folks," he offered, since it didn't sound like this separation was entirely voluntary. "Anyway, I think you'll like it here. This crew's pretty tight knit--mostly the Marino family, but they're welcoming of floaters like us, too." Like us. Now that the drama had simmered down, Barrett was beginning to see their similarities: they were both lean and socked (Barrett's black for his red), both carried bags, and both sported cargo trousers in some form. There were differences, too, of course, but these all seemed inconsequential. The other's species, while it may have been a source of scorn from others, barely registered on his radar. Barrett had grown up in the company of wolves, coyotes, dogs... even a dingo and an African wild dog were somewhere in the mix. Rook seemed pretty timid, but for now the chocolate youth attributed this to the less than ideal way they'd met.

"Oh, you like the plane, huh? I suppose I could show you around once we're all squared away." A shrug, and then he continued: "You think that's cool, though, you ought to check out the ones in Halifax. They're still in one piece and there's dozens of 'em. Can be kinda tricky to get in though," he said, remembering how most were inaccessible for their height off the ground. "Anyway, hang on a sec," he said. They were getting close to the borders now and he decided they were in the clear to request the presence of a leader. His message was simple enough: New recruit. Heading due east toward the manor. He listened for a reply in the background, but turned most of his attention back to his jittery companion.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC | lol, honestly, I had a feeling Rook was gonna wind up much deeper in the territory… but, oh yes, agreed. I love me some scale barsss too. Erm, not sure how to edit the title/subtitle though. :x

Rook nodded once more. “Yeah,” he quietly stated, the word both casual and pained in tone. “I think they’re alright. They packed up and moved on, so I did the same.” The small smile along his muzzle lifted up more as the wolf said that he might like the place. That was more than reassuring to hear. Rook then mentally noted the last name of the family, embedding it into the folds of his memory. Marino… If he ever came across someone with the name he’d be extra sure to remember them.

He tilted his head at Barrett’s mention of him being a “floater,” but simply beamed back. It had never occurred to Rook that being in the company of a wolf was odd or outlandish; as long as his company proved to be kind or helpful souls, he deemed them to be “all right” in his book. So far, this Barrett was proving himself to be just that. He was also starting to make Rook realize how starved he was for companionship. For the first time in weeks, his black-tipped tail gave a feeble wag.

Upon learning that the strange item Barrett had probably emerged from was a plane, Rook’s ear’s flickered forward before laying back against his skull. Playne. Plain. Plane. He’d have to remember that; perhaps there were others who knew what they did or why there were a ton of boxes around the one the duo were slowly leaving behind. If it carried all that cargo, how did it do it and land there in the first place? Tossing his thoughts aside as the dark canine stated that there were other planes, still intact, in a place called Halifax the coyote let out a rather thoughtful “Hmm.” He continued to keep his lips sealed after emitting the sound as the youth instructed him to wait. Barrett was calling his superior.

When they had reached what looked like the edge of the territory, Rook’s muzzle wrinkled before smoothing out. He definitely knew why he had bypassed the invisible line that marked the territory edge. For one, he hadn’t been paying attention to his nose; instead, he had opted to follow the river and mainly use his eyes and ears. He looked to the wolf before stepping back a few yards, hoping he wasn’t inside the territory anymore. Silently, as he clasped his hands together once more, he mentally made a note to use all his other senses more often, saving himself from any future misunderstandings.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 288

Hello there! Big Grin

Savina was not a morning bird, and never had been. Admittedly she was keeping more regular hours than she had before she had become a leader, but when the howl reached her ears she had still been asleep. The Consul groggily opened her eyes and lifted her head as it took her longer than usual to process the meaning of the short, informative summons. It was Barrett—that much she could tell right away—and it was something about a newcomer and them coming towards the manor. Sleek jaws opened wide in a yawn before she lazily pushed herself up onto all fours and shook out her deep ebony pelt. Something was mumbled under her breath about others needing to keep reasonable hours as she exited the room she shared with her mate.

The Marino matron exited into the crisp morning air and decided to shift into her two-legged form. For one it would help wake her up, and secondly it would give her more time until the rendezvous with Barrett and whomever it was the younger wolf had found and brought with him. Admittedly the transformation took barely any time at all, but Savina did feel a good deal more alert after it was completed. Wavy tresses were pushed back behind her triangular ears as she made her way west to meet up with the pair.

By the time the two figures came into sight the Dreaming alpha was feeling much more like herself and a pleasant smile found its way onto her muzzle as they came close enough to talk without shouting. "Good morning Barrett," she said nodding to the Veles. "And who do we have here?" Emerald gaze now settled on the coyote with curiosity.

<style>
.sm-venus {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HFICe.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sm-venus .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sm-venus .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sm-venus .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sm-venus p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sm-venus b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sm-venus i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sm-venus u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Barrett and Rook continued to push east, hugging the intangible line that separated the no-mans-land of Ethereal Eclipse from Crimson Dreams territory. Eventually their conversation died down and they walked in silence, but it was a comfortable one that was not awkward (at least on Barrett's end, although the coyote seemed more at ease now, too). After some time, the breeze shifted and he scented the Italian matriarch nearby. After giving a quick reassuring nod to his companion, he smiled and swung his tail as Savina appeared around a bend in the trail.

"Hey, Savina," he greeted cheerfully, just barely resisting the urge to babble on about how he'd met both her brother and sister recently, or how he thought he'd make a good carpenter alongside Ehno. It would have to wait. There was business to be done and for official matters it was best to observe decorum. Dark chocolate ears fell back to half-mast and his tail lowered in deference, and he offered a quick nod before replying to her query.

"This here is Rook," he began, figuring names were a good place to start. "He's been travellin' for awhile and now he's fixin' to settle down," he continued, repeating a tale as old as time. "Says he's lookin' forward to a new family," he concluded, figuring this would tug on the right strings for the family-oriented Alpha.

Of course, he made no mention of the yote's trespass--there was no need to complicate matters and it didn't matter anyway. After the fright he'd caused the other male, he felt obliged to put in a good word. Rook didn't seem like the sort to hold a grudge, but Barrett caught his eye and peered at him expectantly, a silent question written on his face: Truce? Less than a second later the look was gone and he turned his attention back to Savina, awaiting her judgement.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC | Hi! Apologies for possibly being all over the place though. :x

Rook slowly fidgeted with his hands as the seconds passed, but as soon as Savina came into sight, he pressed his palms together to keep them still. He then interlocked his fingers with one another, listening as she addressed Barrett then questioned who his companion was. His breath caught in his chest as he quickly averted his eyes, training his pupils on her pair of clawed, black feet. Not only was it rude to stare, but he also didn’t want to be outright disrespectful either by maintaining eye contact. Barrett introduced him and, as if on cue, Rook briefly lifted his eyes to the leader before him and smiled slightly.

He gave her a mannerly nod, remaining quiet as not to interrupt their conversation; he would only speak unless he was directly spoken to. While his tail had started to curl about his ankles, his large ears began to quiver. Out of the corner of his eye, he glanced to Barrett again. He would have to thank him later for an opportunity such as this, as well as the good word he had put in. At this point, the coyote had nothing to lose, really, so whatever Savina decided would be absolutely fine by him. No grudges or grievances, just gratitude and appreciation whether he was allowed to stay or not.

It then occurred to him that she might ask him a number of questions pertaining to where he had come from or what he excelled at. Perhaps she might ask him to disclose the contents of his bag or ask why he, as a coyote, had come to their particular plot of land. The thought that he might be the only one of his kind in the pack had never crossed his mind until now, seeing as the Luperci before him were both wolves. He mentally braced himself, simply listening and hoping for the best as he lowered his arms, his right hand still lightly gripping his left.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 320

No worries, I think it was fine! :3

She was glad to see that Barrett was settling in well; he already seemed quite at home here in the Dreaming pack again. The matriarch was doing her best to keep an eye on him without being overbearing or getting in his way. He was a grown wolf and could clearly take care of himself and his affairs, but she still had promised her friend to look after her son and it was a promise she fully intended to keep. Now was not the time for personal affairs however and Barrett quickly introduced the coyote and spoke of what he was here for. It was at times surprising when the smaller canines chose to seek homes outside of Inferni, but the clan was an intimidating place and this particular man did seem a bit on the nervous side. He showed her all the respect her position required though and she did not foresee any reasons that he would not be welcome to join their ranks.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Rook. As I'm sure Barrett told you, I am Savina Marino, the leader here. If you're looking for a new family, then you have come to the right place." Family was held in the highest esteem by the Marino matron, and she extended that opinion to the whole of her pack and not just those who actually shared her blood. "I must ask what it is that you can offer us in return for a home though. Do you have any particular skills or areas that you exceed in?" Her accented tones were soft and calm as she spoke, wanting to assure Rook that there was no need for him to be afraid in her presence. Some alphas liked to play the intimidation card right off, but she only used it when she had to. Crimson Dreams was not a place of fear, but a place of peace.

<style>
.sm-venus {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HFICe.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sm-venus .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sm-venus u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Short post is short, but Barrett doesn't have much to do right now anyway XD ... decided to beef it up a little though 'cause I felt bad :X

Barrett was an adaptable creature and he found life in Crimson Dreams very agreeable. The atmosphere laid comfortably betwixt the two extremes he'd encountered earlier in his youth: the rigorous Taijitu and the lenient Outpost. It was easy enough to find privacy but it was good to know if some rampaging loner ever came and cut his head off somebody would notice, too.

Speaking of decapitation, even if Rook's nose had missed the Dreamers' scent marks, Barrett didn't think anyone could miss the imposing visual cues left by Inferni. The piked skulls that dotted their borders were more than a little off-putting and based on Anselm's depictions of the clan as a rough and rumbling place, this mild coyote wouldn't be well suited for life there at all.

Meanwhile, he sort of assumed anyone of sound character and able body would be welcomed in Crimson Dreams without prejudice. He personally thought Rook would get along just fine here without becoming a burden (he had fed himself the whole time he was on the road, right?), but he said nothing for it was not his place.

Instead, he listened quietly as the sable matron inquired about his abilities and strengths. His head tipped to one side as he awaited the wanderer's response; would he find any more commonalities in their interests?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

“It is a pleasure to meet you Rook,” Savina stated. Rook slowly glanced up from the ground, meeting her eyes for a moment when she offered her full name and informed him that he had come to the right place. “Likewise,” he replied. He was quick to observe how both Barrett and Savina had picked up on his mentioning the word “family.” The curiosity and other related thoughts – like how large the pack was or whether or not she was the only leader around – were brushed away however when she asked him the one question he had been anticipating to hear.

Rook’s brain cells scrambled to piece together the proper sentences. “Well, ma’am, I…” he began quietly, his ears swiveling forward before laying back down as he looked from Barrett to Savina. Think, think, think. “Plants,” he nearly blurted after a few seconds. He hurriedly cleared his throat, “Err… I mean, well, I have some knowledge with plants… trees… herbs? Their medical value, culinary use, or toxicity… My uncle was a self-proclaimed botanist. But, I’m more than ready to learn about anything though, m-miss.”

For one reason or another, he wished he had double-checked the abandoned den site he once called home, just in case any of his family’s books or journals were left behind. “I-I can read a bit,” he added. “Lend me a guide or a-a book or show me how to do something twice and I’ll do whatever it takes to… to pull my own weight.” He wanted to mention that he was great at collecting and cataloguing items, but he figured it would have made him seem somewhat simple. He wanted to at least convey to the two pack members that he was not desperate but, rather, willing to do anything just to belong somewhere. “I can promise you won’t be disappointed.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 343

I'll go ahead an request you be titled up, so feel free to start posting elsewhere in the packlands Smile

Rook appeared to be incredibly polite and well-mannered—which was already raising the Consul's opinion of him. Unfortunately since the events of the past winter the usually trusting Marino had become more suspicious and wary of outsiders but there was nothing about the coyote that made any red flags pop up in her head. In some ways he almost reminded her of her daughter Cambria, due to his apparent shyness. It was almost impossible to imagine him as any sort of threat which greatly reduced the woman's defenses; she felt no reason to be on edge. Unfortunately that did not seem to be the case with the poor newcomer as he stumbled over his thoughts and words as he replied to her question. Savina made no move to interrupt him, or to signal that he needed to be quick about his response, Rook was free to take his time and say whatever it was he wanted.

His skills would surely be of a help to some of the members of the pack, her healer daughters and Anu particularly came to mind. What truly struck her was how desperate he seemed to want acceptance. The poor things must have been alone for a while now. She was glad that she could help put an end to his solitude. "Your knowledge of plants will certainly come in handy; two of my daughters are healers and certainly would be happy to hear of your own expertise in the matter of plants. Anything else you can contribute will be welcomed as well, but do not worry, we do not expect any of our members to move mountains," she said with a kind smile. "I trust your promise, I don't think you will disappoint. Welcome to Crimson Dreams Rook. You're welcome to set yourself up wherever suits you. Many of us live in the manor, but you don't have to do the same by any means." Savina loved the community and bustling nature of the large house, but she understood some people desired more privacy, such as Barrett.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to Crimson Dreams!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Customs so that you and your character can abide by Crimson Dreams' standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Erin or Alli and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!