Retracing footprints
[html]

Word Count » 381 :: OOC: Whee fun with sie after... A YEAR!! OMG WOMAN :O

Eclipse had her wanderlust back now that she’d finally explored some of her new home... she wanted more, but what mattered most was she wanted to find her old friend The man that had gotten her out of a good few spots, this time, she could change into whatever form she wanted and she was now in her halfling form. She was small for her age, and her halfling form looked strange for her, but it was quicker, and she was stronger, she would change when she got to the forest, she promised herself. Now that she was older, and she’d been walking for so long, her muscles developed her into that of a little speed demon, so she was back in the dampwoods quicker than she could ever remember getting to them, and she wasn’t even hungry.

She did as she promised herself and changed to her two legged form, though she was taking kindly to clothing, she didn’t always wear them, especially since she was traveling. There was no way she could have any on, so she was naked but for the fur that she had on her body. Her change was simple, and she had the new growth of young wavy hair sprouting from the top of her head. She was not use to it, it got in her eyes,Eclipse was still a pup, though she could change, she had not filled out and had her pudgy body of a pup still, though not as pudgy as it had been before, and she was leaning out, turning into the fair wonder her own mother was. She wanted to show Viking that she could change, and maybe he could teach her how to use that axe of his, that’s the main reason she was here, but she did miss the grumpy old man, and it wouldn’t do him justice if she just forgot about him, after all he did save her.

She sniffed the ground trying to remember where it was she had gone, wondering if she could catch his scent, but doubting she could. It would have been a wonder for the girl to find him quickly. She was still not a very good tracker. This was just a part of her training.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 348 POOP <3 \:

The sable coyote had not shifted from her Optime form in some time now. It would be the form she delivered her children in, as she had before. She preferred this dexterous form to her four-legged one if she were to be stuck permanently in any of them, and so it was that she made her way south, still active in these early weeks of pregnancy. She would remain so until just about a week before the children were born, as last time. It would do neither Eris nor her children any good to become sedentary with pregnancy.

The familiar Dampwoods were a preferred space for the hybrid woman, who found their appropriate name and climate rather suitable. It wasn't quite so pretty as her beloved Salsola, but these woods had sentimental value for her. She had sought their solace many times while living in Inferni and Anathema both, and they were familiar to her. Halifax was further to the south and east, she knew, but the city did not interest her today. Instead, she was content to remain in the wilderness, meandering as she clutched her stick.

There was no particular purpose to her walk, but as Reclutadore hopeful, the sable-hued woman did wish to adhere to her duties. She was good at seducing others to Salsola's midst, it would seem, and it was a task she undertook gratefully. As a strange scent caught her coal-hued nose, the woman lifted her head, pausing her walk for a moment. This was a stranger, bearing a strange pack's scent. She did not immediately recognize it, but it intrigued her, and so Eris followed this scent, meandering through the woods. In a few moments, a dainty and chubby Secui form loomed ahead.

The Auxiliary regarded with girl curiously, noting the shade of her fur and that pack scent she could not yet place. “Hello,” she called, nearly calling the other canine "little one" or some other diminutive. The hybrid smiled faintly at the impulse, motherly instincts already calling from some deep place within her.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia; serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text hr {
width:85%;
margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Shaw fails Sad

Eclipse was found by someone, but it wasn't the intention that she was found by anyone other than Viking. Turning at the sound of the new and unfamiliar voice she came to see a black woman, who seemed both scary and caring at the same time. Eclipse was slightly apprehensive, but taking in the soon to be mother (though she didn't know much about that) she deemed the woman would possibly not hurt her.

"Hello, I'm looking for someone, his name is Viking. You know him?

She asked smiling a little hopeful at the woman. She felt small compared to the woman but she did with everyone. She watched the woman, unsure of what to do. She just hoped she might have a little luck in finding the huge man. She so missed him, and she really didn't know it but had a small crush on him though she knew deep down inside she could never have the large man.
[html]<style>.infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }</style>

The sable woman was not sure what she would find of use here in the Dampwoods for their feast tonight, but she was determined to try nonetheless, figuring there would be some recognizable plant or even a kill to be happened upon. Instead, she had come upon this blue-eyed, brown stranger, a little girl. The sight of her sent a chill down the sable woman's spine, and she tilted her head to the side just a bit, chartreuse eyes studying the child with a half-slanted smile upon her face.

I don't know him, no. I feel I should know you, though, the woman admitted warmly, straightening up though still inspecting the girl. Eris Eternity, she introduced herself. Why is it you're after this Viking? the woman inquired, stopping a distance from the younger woman. It was of no consequence to her why the stranger Viking was sought by this stranger, and Eris did not intend to intimidate, but she was honestly curious about the girl herself. She had seen that color, those eyes before. She did not know where, though, and it was intriguing to look upon the tawny youth and ponder that mystery.

<style>
#simple-text {
#simple-text p {
#simple-text b {
#simple-text b:before {
content: open-quote; }
#simple-text b:after {
content: close-quote; }
#simple-text b.npc {
letter-spacing:.5px;
font-style:italic; }
#simple-text hr {
</style>
[/html]
She was deeply disappointed, but it wouldn't last as the woman before her said she should know her. Should she? Thinking back as far as she could remember, the smell nor looks of this woman were at all familiar to the young girl. She shrugged.

I don't think so ma'am I never met you before. My name's Eclipse Soulstorm.

She said, slightly proud, but with a little hurt in her voice, because the name she had been given, had been split when her father left, and her mother went to look for him and Eclipse was left alone. She had not known her mother had left because before that Eclipse had run off

I'm looking for him because he's helped me before. I wanted to thank him, and I was hoping to learn how to use an axe like his.

She blushed at the outrageous reasons she gave the black woman. She wondered what the woman was doing here, she seemed as though she did not belong here, was she from far away? Her pack scent was not at all familiar but by the stature of the woman she looked as though she had power in her pack. Eclipse was able to form that much, but this just posed more questions. She couldn't even tell the woman was pregnant at all, but could see something was slightly off about her.
[html]<style>.infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }</style>

LOOK AT ME BEING GOOD TO MY SHAW. <3

The sable woman nodded in agreement. She did not think she'd ever met this earthen-hued canine before, either -- at least, not in this life. Then again, the girl had a lovely sort of youth to her, and Eris did not think she was old enough to have been fathered by Haku himself. This was a green soul, newly planted and newly sprouted. She did not think his shadow lurked here, but perhaps a piece of it, still.

The woman listened as the younger wolf introduced herself in turn, and spoke of an axe. Ah. Well, I'm sure you'll find him, the woman said, shifting her weight and resting one hand on her back. Do you know which pack he's from? she inquired, still willing to point the blue-eyed girl in the right direction. His blood deserved that, if she was indeed his blood. And if not -- there was nothing wrong with helping. Hell, it might even gain her a favor from Eclipse later.

But Soulstorm, you say? she mused. Where did you come by such a name? she asked, playing the part of the innocently interested party readily enough. Many were eager to speak of their heritage; she was no exception. My name comes from my father. I never knew him, she added, thinking her truth might prompt the girl into giving her own. Though Eris knew the world at large was far more trusting than Salsola's culture, wariness was not altogether absent from the creatures outside of her pack.

<style>
#simple-text {
#simple-text p {
#simple-text b {
#simple-text b.npc {
#simple-text hr {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 :: OOC: and Shaw is not being so awesome ; ;

The woman seemed confident that Eclipse would find Viking and asked her where he lived. She paused thinking, trying to remember, but the huge man never said much to her, he never needed to. She wished she got out where he was from but she never really got it and he never let her follow him home.

“ ‘fraid not... I always met him in here.”

She said sullenly wishing she could give him more information. Then the woman asked her about her last name. It made her raise an eyebrow suspiciously, but the woman mentioned her father and that her name came from him even though she didn’t know him. This did help the young girl speak up.

“My mommy and daddy put their names together. I won’t know either of them... they both ran off.”

She said frowning, knowing she would never see neither her mother nor her father again

“Why are you so interested in my name? Does it sound funny?

The girl cocked her head to the side inquisitively, wondering if others thought her last name funny for some reason.

<style>
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

(317) bawahaha. i return your suck with suck

She was pretty, and would have been even if the coyote woman did not think Haku's blood lurked somewhere in her lineage. Looking at her, Eris could only feel a pang of jealousy strike her somewhere in the gut. She had been denied his seed. Perhaps the shade in him had deemed her unworthy of carrying his blood to the next generation; the sable-hued wolf could only guess. The reason did not matter to her so much, however -- the simple fact that she had been denied was enough to weigh on her heart, especially in this moment.

The Auxiliary could only nod and offer a consoling smile toward the younger canine. She did not know Viking, though perhaps she ought to have -- she had spent enough time in Anathema. Her children had kept her from socializing heavily, however, and she had ostracized herself in the later weeks of her stay. Perhaps they had passed one another twenty or thirty times in those underground tunnels. In any case, the sable woman did not know his name and Eclipse did not carry his scent, so she was useless in the matter. Sorry, she interjected as the tawny-hued woman spoke of her parents' disappearances, her ears flicking downward to add weight to the apology.

When the girl inquired as to whether her name was humorous or not, the half-breed smiled in response, a chuckle bubbling from her grinning muzzle. No, dear girl! It's a lovely name, she said, wholly meaning the compliment. I knew a wolf with the Soul name once, she said. In truth, she would have known two men named Soul, had she bothered to collect Conor's name. Both were dead, however, and the sable woman weighed whether to share her knowledge of at least the elder Soul wolf's death with Eclipse, deciding to gauge her reaction before she did so.

<style>
@import url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/profile.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 :: Out of character text here.

The girl shrugged, what was she going to do? Her parents were gone, but she could take care of herself, even if they stopped helping her. They meant well, she was sure, she missed them with all her heart, but she couldn’t keep looking for them.

“It’s ok, I can take care of myself now, I don’t really need them.”

She said but when she heard Eris knew a soul her head straightened in attention and her ears perked. Her tail started waving back and forth and she smiled hoping it was who she thought it was. After all maybe he was living around here! What did it matter if she knew him years ago, it didn’t cross her mind.

“Was his name Conor?”

She would bombard the woman with questions when she confirmed the answer to be true or not. To know someone of family with the last name soul was rare, she only knew children who’s last name’s were soul and they were nearly or already adults. She wanted to meet someone who had been an adult a long time with that last name.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

She nodded, though she was not so certain she agreed with Eclipse's statement. For all the times she wished she'd had a mother and father, she did not think she was particularly well-adjusted these days. Certainly, she could have been better off. She might have been, even -- she could not necessarily say the same for Eclipse, but one thing she was certain of were her own children. They would grow up with parents, both parents -- she and Larkspur would never leave them.

The tawny woman's curiosity seemed to double at the mention of another Soul -- her question cut the air and the hybrid tilted her head, shaking it a moment later. If she had known the name of the man she had pulled apart on the Anatheman border, it was doubtful she would have told Eclipse his fate anyway -- to do so certainly might have incurred negative consequences for her.

Haku was his name, I'm afraid. I don't know what relation he bears to this Conor, she said, truthfully. He was, however, a great man. If it's his blood in you -- and it does look to be -- you should be proud, the hybrid said, a reptilian smile playing across her coal-hued muzzle. These words were truth -- if nothing else, Eris found the dead man admirable. Even in death, he was something to revere.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia, serif;
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#simple-text .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#simple-text b {
#simple-text b.npc {
#simple-text hr {
#simple-text .infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }
#simple-text #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:150px;height:150px;border:1px solid #000000;margin-left:5px;background-position:51% 19%;}
#simple-text #pushpin{position:relative;left:53px;top:44px;}
</style>
[/html]
Eclipse was disappointed. She wanted to hear more about her father, learn about what he was like so she could figure out what made him leave. She was, however curious about this Haku person. If he was so great, how come she had never heard of him?

"I don't think we are related.... I never heard of him b'fore."

She said, and she honestly didn't want to feel all THAT special, she'd learned from stories that most great men fell to pretty unhappy deaths. Well that's what she'd learned from the stories, she never knew anyone who was great, so it probably meant they were dead too. Thinking about it for a second she decided to ask...

"What made him a great man?

She kind of wished she could say her father was great, but what father would be so awesome, and ditch their own family, their own pack? It was depressing to think about, but she knew she'd end up thinking about him many more times come the evening.
[html]

His power was clearly strong enough to transcend such petty barriers as death and mortal life. She wondered if she would see that shadow again, in his whole and true form. Even Haku had been little more than a mask for the shade that lurked within him. She had seen a reflection of it, however faint and blurry, in Itachi. This had surprised her; the she-wolf had not know the man's blood had crossed into her mother's family before.

The younger woman spoke, and Eris rolled her shoulders in a jovial shrug. She had her idea; Eclipse had her own. It was of no consequence to Eris Eternity whether this Soulstorm girl was actually descendant of Haku Soul; in any case, the hybrid woman could see clearly enough, little of the taint that had thickened his blood and hurried him to his explosive end had manifested in this pale, pretty daughter -- if, indeed, she was daughter, and not grand-daughter or even great-grand-daughter. The sable woman's smile hadn't dimmed, and her response was courteous enough. One may never really know, she said, though it was not dismissive.

The girl's next question did intrigue Eris, and the hybrid thought a moment on it, tilting her head slowly to one side as she did so, ending up with her neck half-way cricked. Righting herself, she grinned more broadly, now openly speaking in riddle. There was something inside him, girlie. Something great and big and... dare I say, god-like? she said, chuckling. Maybe just a piece of a god, Eris added, musing on this very possible idea. No god's blood ran in her veins, but that she herself was not something did not negate its possibility in the rest of the wide world. It was a wonder she hadn't considered it before.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia, serif;
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#simple-text .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;