[html]
Thread Information
Date: 23 June (forward)

Setting: Anathema main cave

Time: Afternoon

Character Form: Optime
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Brotherly bonding time Big Grin / Word Count: 506 (5 points)

What an eventful day yesterday had been. Scorpius had just wanted to sleep for most of the morning. He was sure he would be able to pause on starting his work until the afternoon. It was not like the caves were going to have a major shift in the next few hours. His dreams were peaceful ones, though his mind was on other things. Melee seemed to keep coming up in his mind and thus coming up in his dreams as well. He often found himself waking up from his dreams with her and trying to keep his mind on his work. He emitted a soft sigh as he sat up and rested his arms on his legs. He looked over to the items he collected yesterday and was sure he would be able to start now. He slowly got onto his feet and went over to his new clothes. He put on his white shirt and black pants before getting his bag and checking to make sure he had everything he needed. Once he was done with that, he began to make his way out of his section of the cave and out into the common area.

Once Scorpius was out in the common area, he took out a piece of paper and began to make a quick drawing of the area. He then went around to make sure that the cave walls were still strong and didn’t need to be looked at. So far it looked like everything was alright here. He began to make his way now to the kitchen and other areas around his home, doing the same thing. He was sure that marking all the members and where they lived was going to be the longest task for today. Perhaps if he got this map done soon, he would be able to explore around the caves outside this one. So far it looked like the cave was holding up well and his map was coming along nicely. The male’s next task was to mark out where all the members and their caves. The easiest ones were his and the leaders. He then moved towards the other caves, starting from the north and making his way around.

As Scorpius moved around, he went into the empty caves and marked them as so as he made his way around. The ones that had scents in them, he tried to remember who they belonged to and made a note of it on his map. He soon came to the Acidic residence. This was the home of his half siblings. He wondered if any of them were in here. Perhaps he wouldn’t have to work alone. He slipped in and looked around. Perhaps there was no one here after all, though it would be good for him to look around so he could mark out the caves and the sizes of the ones meant for families. They were quite large. It was nice to see his half siblings had enough room for themselves.

<style type="text/css">
.piuspion b {font-weight:normal; color:#79485e; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.piuspionooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#79485e;}
.piuspion p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.piuspion {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7214/piuspion.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #79485e; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b39a7b; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Table © Sylvie
[/html]
Big Grin Thanks for starting!

[html]<style>
.zero-grass p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-grass b {color:#badd69; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-grass {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#dbe9cf; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#29350d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... rotext.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:155px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #badd69; width:500px;border-radius:20px; -moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius:0px; }
</style>
WC:501

Jackson was feeling a little unsure of himself, though he refused to admit it. The pride he'd felt at achieving his long-awaited goal of shifting form and the certainty that he would now be recognized as an adult had faltered somewhat that morning. He'd been approached by the Angela that morning, an unexpected and unwanted encounter for the boy. She told him of the Rast ceremony, his coming of age, and what would be required of him to do the next day. The idea of it was altogether intriguing, daunting, and a little frustrating. The youth was so close to being seen as an adult that the could almost taste it, and suddenly this obstacle stood in his way. If Jackson didn't know any better, he would have guessed that the woman had made all this up for him out of spite. But growing up amongst such cultures had ingrained the importance of ceremonies like these into the pup's brain, and he knew better than to question it.

But he did have questions, and from them stemmed his worries. The hybrid boy had tried to let go of those worries, slipping out into the forests earlier that day in an attempt to meditate, like Panda had shown him a few weeks earlier. It helped to remove some of his initial jitters, but there were still some things on his mind. He worried about what he would do, but he sought to correct that. His father would have to know more about this, wouldn't he? And asking his father about it would be certainly less shameful than seeking out the white-furred leader again and enduring more time in her presence.

So the boy slipped into the Anatheman caverns, clad in the black knee-length shorts which were the only article of clothing he'd obtained in the short time since learning how to shift. He made his way through the entrance nearest the stables, doing his usual best to ignore the equine creatures, a task made much easier now that his height on two legs had laid his old fear of being trampled to rest. A brief walk through the common room brought him to a tunnel on the left that led to the cluster of dens where his family resided. It was a familiar trek, one made numerous times by the boy, and he effortlessly found the arched entryway that opened up into his family's den.

Inside, Jackson found an ebony-furred, ruby-eyed wolf, but it took the boy no more than a moment's consideration to note that it was half-brother Scorpius. Their father, whom Scorpius was quite the spitting image of, was nowhere in sight, and after a quick glance around he realized that Agony was not here either. He approached his older brother, wondering what he was doing here. The hybrid boy came to a halt beside his sibling, cerulean eyes examining the pen in paper in his hands. "Hey, Scorpius," he said, gaze drifting up to meet glinting rubies. "What's up?"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Lol no problem / Word Count: 510 (5 points)

Scorpius took a moment to look around the family cave that belonged to his father and his half siblings. It was nice to have them close by. At least then he wouldn’t be so lonely all the time; although, not all of them seemed to be the greatest to be around. Agony didn’t have the best mood and he really hadn’t spent much time with Esmeralda. Perhaps it would be nice to see what she was like sometime. It seemed like Jackson was the better one of the bunch, though he wasn’t going to complain about them. Perhaps he would be able to stop by some other time and meet up with his father. It had been so long since he had seen him. The male had been spending most of his time learning and taking lessons from his mother. Perhaps on some down time, he would be able to come here and rest with his father. He gently shook his head as he soon went back to his work.

The black wolf paused as he heard a voice calling from behind him and then watching a smaller one take to his side. He recognized the black and white one and gave a small smile. ”Hello Jackson.” He paused for a moment and sat down, leaning his back against the wall as he looked to his younger half brother. He gave a small look around the cave before back to the young one. ”I came here work on my map of the inner cave. I was kind of hoping Dad would be around. Perhaps next time then huh?” He set his map down as he rested his arms on his legs. He wouldn’t mind taking a short break from his work to spend some time with his half brother. He pulled his long hair out from behind his head so it rested on his shoulders. ”So how has life been treating you Jackson? How is Dad doing?” He would like to hear about his family outside of his mother for once.

After a while, Scorpius knew he would have to return to his work and continue to mark out the homes of the members. He then stood up and grabbed his supplies once again. He kept his ruby gaze on Jackson as he began to head for the exit. Perhaps he wouldn’t have to wander around all by himself. He turned his head back to the young one as he flicked his tail. ”Would you like to join me Jackson? I could use some company while I work on these maps.” He then exited out of that section of the cave, beginning to head to the other one. He sketched out the different areas and checked the scent. The male paused for a moment to wait for his half brother to come and join him. He removed his mask quickly to scratch his face and then put it back on. He let out a soft sigh as his gaze moved back to the young one, waiting for him.

<style type="text/css">
.piuspionooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#79485e;}
.piuspion {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7214/piuspion.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #79485e; padding: 10px 0px 270px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#b39a7b; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Table © Sylvie
[/html]
[html]Just as a note--Esmeralda hasn't shown up in Anathema yet. At least, that's how I've been playing it all this time. I don't know if James told you any different? o: loljk, Just been informed that she was here, but has been missing for about four months. Don't mind me~ XD;

WC:503

It felt as if it had been far too long since Jackson had bumped into his half-sibling. When Jackson had first arrived here as a bumbling pup, he did his best to follow after the older boy when he had the opportunity. But as they grew, Jackson found himself spending more time with only his sister and his father, or else meandering out and about on some lonely (and grand, from a pup's perspective) adventure through the Anatheman lands. The way Scorpius seemed to spend more and more time with his mother as he grew also contributed to the fact that the younger boy hadn't seen him in a while--Jackson still did his best to avoid the snowy leader whenever he could. He may not have idolized the slightly older boy the way he once had when he was only a few months old, but that did not mean that the monochrome youth didn't look forward to spending time in his company. It was simply a rare opportunity these days.

Scorpius explained that he was working on a map of the cave system, something Jackson found to be useful, though he had never considered it before. That explained the paper in his hands, then. The older boy also mentioned that he had hoped to find their father here, much like Jackson. "Yeah, I was looking for him too. He must be out on a hunt or something." He shrugged, slipping his hands casually into the pockets of his shorts. His brother then asked how he and their father had been doing. "Good," he said with a grin. It seemed like all the boy needed was a distraction to get over his worries. "I finally learned how to shift." As if that hadn't been obvious enough, the way he'd been prancing through the caves on two legs as of late. The obviousness of it didn't stop that bit of pride from attaching to his words, however. "And Dad's the same as ever. You know how he is. How about you, huh? Haven't seen you in a while."

He nodded as Scorpius invited him to join him on his little map-making quest, following behind him as he left the family's den. "Sure, could be fun, I guess." A distraction he wanted, and a distraction he got. He watched with interest as the coal-furred wolf scribbled out areas resembling the caves onto his paper, remaining silent as he took the time to scratch beneath his mask. Jackson had never quite learned what that had been all about, chalking it up to some eccentricity on his brother's part. Cerulean eyes moved away from his half-sibling's face, instead taking the time to study the walls of the caves in the flickering firelight provided by torches placed here and there within the tunnels. "What're you making a map for, anyway?" he asked as they continued along. Jackson supposed that he could see the use in it, but he wasn't quite sure why his brother was so interested in it.

[/html]
[html]
OOC here: Sorry for the short wait. / Word Count: 501 (5 points)

As Scorpius paused and looked to the young one, he formed a nice smile on his face. Jackson would soon have to go out on his own and perform the ceremony for becoming of age. He would soon become an adult and would accend into the adult ranks just as he had. He wondered what path his half sibling would take. Perhaps they would be able to work together and help each other out sometime in the future. It was a nice thought for the future and he would have to keep it in mind once his half brother got his new rank. He would make sure to be there for his ceremony once the time came.

Scorpius relaxed as he leaned against the cave wall and listened to Jackson. It seemed he was looking for their father too. He gave him a small nod. ”Yeah I bet he is out hunting. Oh well… maybe he’ll be here later in the day and we can check back then.” Scorpius gave the young one a smile as he looked over his half brother’s shifted form. ”I see that. Congradulations Jackson. I see you’ve even gotten some clothes. They look nice on you.” He could see the pride in Jackson’s eyes. It was nice to see him happy about his abilities. He put his hands on his legs as his half sibling then asked how he was doing. The black male paused for a moment and then closed his eyes, letting out a small sigh. ”I’ve been with Mom most of the time, though now that I am an adult, I’ve been focusing on my work. I guess I’m just trying to impress her now. It would be nice to show her I have learned a lot from her.” He opened his eyes again as he looked to see his half brother’s reaction.

The black wolf was glad to see that Jackson was going to join him on his little tour around the caves as he marked them out. He made sure to check the walls as they moved around and checked in the other homes. He sure hoped he wasn’t disturbing anyone. His ruby eyes moved down to his half sibling as he asked what he was making the map for. He showed it to Jackson as he began to explain. ”It’s part of my rank to explore the caves in our territory and make maps of them. I figured I would start in here and work my way out. I’m sure this would also help newer members find their way around the main cave.” He then took his map back up to his view and continued along. He wanted to have this done soon so that he would be able to relax for the rest of the day. As they moved through the caves and gazed at the torches, he looked back down to Jackson. ”Hey Jackson, when you become an adult, what rank are you thinking of choosing?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Table © Sylvie
[/html]
Ahhh, here we go. Thanks for being patient with me. ^__^;;
[html]
WC:400

A fiercely proud grin lit up his features at his brother’s compliments, and for a moment he felt just as excited to be standing upon two legs as he had the day he first managed to shift. “Thanks.” Cerulean eyes watched the older boy’s features as he spoke of trying to impress his mother. Jackson nodded, knowing the feeling. The hybrid may be an unruly child in the sight of those with authority, but the only one he ever tried to watch his behavior around had been his father. He still looked to the Acidic man with boyish admiration, the likes of which Scorpius appeared to have for his mother.

As the coal-furred brother showed him the map and began his explanation, Jackson recalled the existence of ranks specializing in knowing the caves. In anticipation of his own approach to adulthood, the hybrid boy had been doing his best to commit the Anathema ranks to memory, so that he may choose his own rank with confidence when his time came. He was a little embarrassed that he hadn’t figured that to be his brother’s motivation right away. He nodded as Scorpius pulled the map away again. “Good idea. It’s an easy thing for newcomers to get lost around here, I’d bet.” Growing up in these caves left Jackson with little fear of getting lost, but he knew that new members of the Anathema family could hardly feel the same way. Scorpius’s maps could turn out to be quite a valuable thing for them.

They moved on through the caves for a briefly silent moment, Jackson eyeing the uneven walls of the tunnels around them as they walked. His gaze snapped back to his brother when he questioned him. “Fire tending,” he said at once, oblivious to the fact that the wild element was the reason his half-sibling’s features were partially obscured by that mask. Truthfully, the boy had deliberated long and hard about which path he would take for his rank as an adult. Each had alluring points for the young boy, but in the end, he decided he would enjoy taming fires for the pack, rather than animals. It seemed like such a task specific to ways of Anathema that Jackson had taken an unexpected liking to it. His eyes were drawn to one of the nearby torches. “It seems like something I could be good at, I guess.”

[/html]
[html]
OOC here: Likewise ^^; / Word Count: 522 (5 points)

Scorpius offered a smile to his brother as he complimented his brother and even got a thanks back. He looked nice in his clothes and it was nice to have a sibling with a common interest. It seemed like most of the members in Anathema prefered not to wear clothes, though he didn't really mind. The only time he really wouldn't be wearing them was outside in the summer heat. It was far too hot for clothes outside. He looked down to his half brother, noticing the slight look of admiration and respect. They were not really too far apart in rank and the black male didn't really feel any higher than Jackson. He thanked him with a small nod before heading back on his course around the caves. The sooner he would be able to get this done the better.

As Scorpius began to explain about his map making and what he was doing, he could tell Jackson was listening the whole time. He seemed to agree that it was a good idea especially for the newer members. It would help them to know which caves were taken and which ones were still open for use and not get lost. The middle cave was not too big and it would be hard for someone to get lost, though he would have to get the maps down of the outer caves in the Anathema territory. He really didn't want someone to get lost and then send him in after them. It would be too much of a hassle. Hopefully with the maps ready, that would never happen, then again, he could not think of any reason the other members of the pack would go wandering around in the caves. So long as he didn't have to go after them, he didn't really care.

The black male listened as the black and white male explain that he was interested in fire tending. He knew that the map makers and the fire tenders worked close together in their duties. He was sure that working with Jackson would be nice. He was a kind half brother, and certainly seemed like he would be more than happy to work with the taller male. He gave his half brother a small nod. "It'll be nice to work with you in the future Jackson. Perhaps we'll be able to find some nice places in the caves for fires." His ears moved up as the black and white wolf mentioned that he thought it would be something that he would be good at. He had no doubts in his half brother's ability. "I'm sure you'll be wonderful at it Jackson." He would rather have nothing to do with fire if he could help it. He'd like not to repeat what had happened to his face, though he would not like for something like that to happen to his half brother. It would not be nice to have two burned males in the same family, though if he was going to be a fire tender, he was sure that the black and white male would be careful with his work.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
Table © Sylvie
[/html]