i feel better, but the damage is still there
Recently Ookami's ankle had been bothering him. Perhaps it was the traveling he had had to do. He probably should have had it checked out a long time ago, or maybe just exersiced it more. Sure he did a lot of walking around in Phoenix Valley, but the trek he had done to get to the Ichika lands had been more than just walking around. It didn't hurt exactly, just kind of felt weird. Like a knuckle that had to pop, but just wouldn't.

Since arriving at Ichika, Ookami had been thinking about getting it checked out. And he had just heard about a person named Saul, who was the head healer. He knew where about to find him and he thought it would also be a good chance to make a friend. He still wasn't entirely okay with the merge. He still felt homesick and sad. He tried to push the feelings down, because he knew being her was for the best. But he just couldn't.

For now though, he would forget about it. He followed the directions that the person had given him and soon found the place where Saul would be. "Hello, is there a Saul here?" He sat down where he was and let out a little yip, calling for the person to come out. He waited patiently, his tail wagging slightly, back left leg tucked up against his belly, for he didn't want to strain it anymore than it already was.

ooc- this post sucks! muse fail ! XD
There was so much to do, and so many things that needed his attention that the male had taken to writing lists. Lists were fast becoming his friend as he found each new task loaded more onto his mind and he easily overlooked something that was perhaps a little less important than the new task at hand. His handwriting had rapidly deteriorated with the lack of use but the agouti male was determined to get better at it. So for now, his lists were very large and spaced out, a few short key words given so that he would know what they meant without having to search for a hidden meaning in the squiggles. He would improve, it would just take time and effort on his part. They were however, stuck all around the room he had settled in, in an office building long since run down. He'd found a house, or an apartment building really, but it was damaged and there was a lot of work needed. For now, he'd settled down here with his small family. Gideon had settled in a small house not far away and he'd spoken to his brother the afternoon after he'd found the apartment block they could reside in. The brothers were to fix it up and the height of summer would aide them in sorting out the upper floor.

Still, all these things playing on his mind and the lists were written. He was sorting through the medicines and supplies he'd managed to bring with him from Dahlia when a voice came from outside the small building he was in. Cinnamon ears perked up as the voice held his name although he was very sure he'd never met the male whose voice it belonged to. Standing and shifting swiftly into his optime form, the male threw on some loose shorts and exited the building. Green eyes spotted a pale male sitting on the ground, his back hind leg held close to his body. Quite eyes saw no blood, but that didnt mean there was no hurt there. He approached with a large and amiable smile on his face.

"Hello there... I'm sorry, I dont know your name. Unlike you" He grinned before coming closer. "How can I help?" He asked, a question he was sure he would be asking for a very long time. Or at least he hoped he would be asking for a very long time indeed. Coming to a stop, Saul took up a seat on the floor in front of the pale pack mate, his smile smaller but no less friendly.
Ookami grinned as he saw the male come out of the house. He wagged his tail a little more. "My name is Ookami." he dipped his head slightly at him in greeting. "Just last winter I injured my leg. I was crushed under a whole bunch of bricks in a collapsing building. From the medic I saw after that, I learned that I tore some ligaments in it. Just recently it has been acting up, since the merge and I just wanted to get a check up on it since you are the head of the medicine for the pack." He spoke clearly, his voice slightly husky.

Ookami could see that the male had probably been busy, "Sorry if I interrupted anything. I could come back later if you want me too." He grinned, he wanted to make a good first impression with this male. For maybe if he did they could become friends, something that Ookami thought would be useful with all that was going on. It was true that when he first arrived he didn't care about making any friends. He just wanted to go back to the valley. But his homesickness had faded slightly in the past two days and he was beginning to look at things with a new perspective. He now knew that he really did need to make some new friends in order to be happy here at Ichika.
The young male was glad to see a smile on the pale wolfs face as he exited the office building and approached. He had only ever met one Valleyman and that was Addison. He was almost certain he hadnt made a good impression on her- he'd cut his paw open and had been sulky and moody. Still, it was nice to meet another Valleyman just as friendly. It reminded him of the journey up here- the mistrust and waryness he'd seen from the Valleymen had been mirrowed in the Dahlians eyes. They had perhaps thought very little of each other and the male thought of that now as the pale man introduced himself as Ookami. He shuffled closer as the male explained about the injury to his heel. "You were right to come and see me Ookami- even healing wounds from last winter can rear up when over worked. We perhaps should have had more stops along the way- my own ward Wretch broke her leg and jaw just after the snowstorm and she's not feeling too great either. Mind if I take a good look?" Saul asked before reaching out and gently taking the offending paw in his hand. The male had chosen to stay in his lupus form, but it was easy to take the males left hind paw and examine it. Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as Ookami spoke again.

"Oh no, I'm not busy at the moment. Just organising my thoughts for what I have to do a little later. I'm glad for the distraction actually- I think I'm driving myself round in circles!"

He chuckled, deft creamy fingers gently exmaining the area Ookami had described. He could feel the smallest of heated sores there, an inflammed muscle recently healed. The ligaments had mended long ago, but the strength had yet to truely return. The long trek over here had agitated the muscle, the two mended ligaments rubbing together after a while of the trek to cause pain an inflammation. There were treatments such as bandaging the heel up, but it was impractical to wolves. They were on the move all the time and they needed to use their paws for every day life. He would use something else instead. He still had some Marigold leaves from his treatment of Nayru's head as an antiseptic, but he knew it worked as an anti-inflammitory too. He wanted to use something a little different however.
Ookami watched as the male got closer, then listened to his words. "More stops would have probably been better. I haven't really been doing much exercising. Just the normal patroling of borders and what not. Nothing too extreme, I am honestly not too surprised that it's acting up." He put on a look of slight pity, "Oh that's terrible. What an awful injury. I hope she feels better soon.." He nodded his head, "Yes yes, of course." He held his leg out so that the male could more easily examine it and smiled as he spoke more. He was glad to hear that he wasn't busy or anything when Ookami came to him. He chuckled along with Saul.

"So, what's up with my leg?" He grinned and then thought about the homesick feeling, "Also I was wondering if you had anything that could maybe help with homesickness? The merge hasn't been to kind to me." He smiled, slightly sheepishly. He hadn't really met anyone else who had any homesickness. Honestly he didn't even really know for sure that that is what it was. He had never felt this feeling before but he had kind of guessed since in his mind he was missing the Valley. It was only logical that his body was reacting as well.
Cinnamon backed ears twitched atop the males head as Ookami spoke once more. He should have spoken to Nayru about it, asked her for a few more breaks. But he'd carried Wretch for bits of it and he hadnt thought about how anyone else was feeling. Shame washed through him and he wanted to apologise to the male for not speaking up about more breaks. Still, there was nothing he could do about it now and apologising would be pointless. Holding the males paw in his hands, gentle but firmly feeling for the imflammed spot that he had felt just a few moments ago, Saul could tell that this injury was nothing serious. He would tell the male to stay off it, but light exercise would help. "Light exercise is good, but the trek up here was definitely too much. The ligaments have healed, but the muscles are weak from the tear and still need to build back up properly. The tear rubbed on the walk up here and became irritated and inflammed. Easily fixed though, so dont worry." He spoke softly and calmly, but listening back to his voice in his mind, Saul almost chuckled. He actually sounded like he was a professional at this. Cinnamon ears perked up as he spoke about Wretch. Saul nodded in agreement.

"It was more than that though... Along with a broken leg and a broken jaw, she lost her memory. Aside from her name, she has no idea where she comes from, who she belongs to. So I became her guardian and she goes where I go. She doesnt really speak much to anyone else, which is a shame since if everyone say her how I did, she would be surronded with friends."

He spoke warmly of his half-daughter, a smile stretching his face into a grin. He placed the males paw back on the ground and stood up. He had found a raspberry bush on the way up the mountains around in the dampwoods and knew the leaves to be a good anti-inflammatory. He entered the office building quickly, emerging with the wrapped up leaves that had been stowed away in the bottom of his rucksack now that they had arrived in Ichika. As he exited, he came and sat down on the floor once more. Ookami spoke and Saul smiled, before the pale man continued, admitting himself to be homesick. Saul admired the male for admitting that he was homesick. Saul never would have said it outloud. And he dread to think Saluce's reaction to homesickness was. He patted the males knee with a smile.

"I don't have a cure for homesickness, I'm sorry. But I find that there is no reason to be homesick with your family around you. You came with the rest of Phoenix Valley, so you bought all your loved ones with you. I felt very torn about leaving Dahlia when Nayru first told us of the move... But I realised as long as my family were with me, it mattered not where we went."

He spoke warmly once again, holding in his mind clearly the faces of Gideon, Nayru, Saluce, Melee, Range, Wretch, Siku lingered longer than the rest and he smiled softly. Lost in the thoughts of those he loved, the raspberry leaves stayed resting in his hands, forgotten for just a moment.
[html]

this is ooc!

Ookami was quite while he listened to the medic speak. He understood what he was saying. As Saul explained more about the injured girl he sighed. It was truly awful what happened to her. She had lost her memory? Completely? That was just terrible. Ookami couldn't imagen losing all of his memory. Sure bad stuff had happened to him in is past but it was what happened in the past that made you who you are today. He shook his head, not really knowing what to say. Whatever he said was sure to not be the right thing... Well at least he thought.. However he did have one question.. "Is there any chance she could regain her memory?" He cocked his head, maybe if someone from her past came and told her things about, well her whole entire history she could have her memory back. It was a long shot though.

Ookami watched as Saul went back into his house, probably to fetch something for his leg. He waited patiently for his healer to return. As he came back he saw in his hands some sort of leaves. He needed to learn what they were actually, since his rank involved all the plants. He was the one who would be taking care of them, him and Jace actually.

Ookami listened carefully to the words that Saul spoke. He grinned happily. "Your right. I guess I just miss the lands of Phoenix Valley. They seemed so welcoming and peaceful to me. But it is lovely here in Ichika too. To be honest I hated the idea of merging. I only agreed to come so that my mate and I would have a place to call home.. But since being here, I know its only been like, two days, something has changed. It seems nice here and I have a more open mind about living here." He smiled, actually quite surprised he had confided in what seemed to be a complete stranger. But he was a pack-mate and that is what they were here for.

<style>
.ookami-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ookami-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookami-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.ookami-b01 {background-color:#38E3F3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fsU9O.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 50px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#048900; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.ookami-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.ookami-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #048900; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Thinking about Wretch made the young male smile. His ward, half daughter, whatever she was to him, was a spirit alright. She was quiet and reserved round those she didnt know or didnt like, but when it was just them on their own, Saul knew her better than most. She was sweet and kind, a little lost at times but otherwise energetic and playful. And for a selfish moment Saul hoped she would remain that way forever. Oblivious to where she had come from. For while she had no idea, it was common knowledge amoung Nova Scotia that the D'Angelo family ruled Anathema. They were of course, dotted about the place, but there was a high concentration there. Anyone with half a brain could have said that it was likely Wretch had come from Anathema. But he wasnt going to tell her- she was happy where she was. Ookami's soft voice made him look up, a smile on his face once again. "Its possible. I dont know the extent to her amnesia, but there's always a chance it could come back." He admitted with a soft shrug. Wretch was happy here, he knew that. But if she ever remembered her family and wanted to leave, it would be her choice to do so. He would not stop her.

The leaves in his hand remembered after a shift in his hands sending a burst of fresh green towards his nose. He started and looked up, handing a few of the leaves over. He would need to take them for very long, two or three days should be enough. "These are raspberry leaves. Ingesting them will help bring down the inflammation. You may take them a you wish- simply chewing and swallowing will do or you could make a tea if you find it easier. Two to three days, twice a day should be fine. And at least try to rest it a little- it was a heck of a long walk." He spoke clearly, making sure to include everything about the medicine Ookami was to take. It was non-toxic and fairly mild, so there really wasnt a lot that could go wrong with simply chewing and swallowing the leaves. Cinnamon ears flashed foreward as the pale man responded to Saul's treatment for homesickness.

"I'm glad you and your mate came over- its good to meet new people, especially those who are similar to your own personality. I had my doubts, but I like it here. Do you know what you want to do? There is so much to chose from to get the community going. What are you interested in doing?"

He asked, hoping to get the male onto a more positive subject, such as the job he had chosen.
[html]

your next post can end it or we could keep going? I don't care(:

Ookami smiled, always a chance. That was pretty much his motto. He loved those words, they seemed to guide him through life and they always would, for as long as Ookami was overgrown he would believe in those words. Ookami listened to Saul speak. Raspberry leaves. Ookami figured he would be good for the job his rank had. He was very good a memorizing things so he should be able to be able to tell easily between the different types of plants once he learned them.

Ookami smiled at Saul, "Thank you Saul. I will be sure to take them as you told me." He grinned. Ookami smiled as Saul spoke some more. He thought for a moment, "Well, at first this whole flora and fauna rank didn't really interest me, but the more I think about it... I think I will like it. I love to sing and hunt and I am pretty big so I guess I could do some construction work. I wouldn't mind helping to build anything, I have to learn how to first." He started laughing. "what other things do you do? Ookami didn't want to keep the spotlight only on himself, so he tried to get Saul to talk about himself too.

Ookami tucked his leg up to his stomach again, giving it a rest from holding him up. His tail wagged gently as he waited to hear what other things Saul was good at. He knew that him and Saul would be good friends. He had only just met him and already he had helped Ookami to feel better and had helped to heal him. Even though it was his job, Ookami didn't look at it like that. Saul was a nice wolf and Ookami hoped to have more conversations with him in the future.

<style>
.ookami-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.ookami-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.ookami-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.ookami-b01 {background-color:#38E3F3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fsU9O.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 50px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#048900; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.ookami-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.ookami-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #048900; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
endendendend <33

The leaves were handed over with the reassurance that he would do as he was told. It was good to hear that the male trusted him enough to take strange plants from him. Saul wasnt that kind of wolf- it was his job and his passion to help others. He would never do anythign deliberate to harm another. But it lifted him up to know that others percieved him as trustworthy. Cinnamon ears caught the next words coming from the large male and Saul smiled. Saul hadn't always known what he wanted to do, but he'd had a rough idea from a young age that he wanted to help others. While Ascher had been in Dahlia his youngest brother had expressed a wish to become a healer too and Saul had been a little jealous of his brother. But the brown and cream male was gone for the moment and Saul had achieved his dreams. Ookami mentioned about construction and Saul chuckled softly. He'd had to learn about building on his own- Saluce had helped him get the beginnings of his house in Dahlia up, but in all truths the agouti male had done most of it single handed. It had taken forever, but he'd done it all on his own. "Construction work isnt too difficult if you have a teacher. I'm sure a lot of the buildings are here would need a bit of fixing and what not. I had to learn on my own how to finish the cabin I built in Dahlia, which was tedious!"

He chuckled softly, before the pale male asked him what skills he had. Well, there was a question. Saul was a bit of an all round man to be honest. He could read and write, although he needed a lot of practise to further his skills there. He was getting skilled in carving wood, which Shawchert had taught him. He had honed his building skills on his own cabin and could construct fairly well. Horse riding and small amounts of jewelry making were amoung the things that he needed more practice with. But he'd get there. And then came hunting, warrior training and healing. He really could do most of anything you asked him to do. With a smile he offered "I'm an all round handy man... Certainly a man of many talents. If you ever need help with anything, I am certain I can offer up some kind of advice." He gave by way of offering his skills. He didnt like to talk for ever about himself, so the cryptic words would have to do.

"Now, I must apologise for leaving like this, but I really do have a lot to organise and get going with. If the raspberry leaves don't work, come back and we'll try something a little stronger. Thanks for coming to see me Ookami, it was lovely to meet you!"

He said, before turning and walking back into the building where his head was all over the place with things that needed doing. He would have shaken the mans hand if he hadnt been in his lupus form.

-exit saul-