A encounter in the moonlight
OOC: Hey there I'm a new RP member of this website and I would love to join your Pack >3<

1.Character Name: Hana Chambers
2.Character Age: 11 months
3.Character Gender: Female
4.Preferred Specialized Rank: I would like to be Chen-Toa or perhaps Ikusei?
5.OOC Name: Dakota Smith
6.Other Characters Played: None yet
7.OOC Second Form of Contact: My email
8.Character story:

The moon was bright as it hung solemnly in the cool night air. under that sky moved a lone figure, the petite figure trotted through the tall grass as she exited from the outskirts of a uncharted forest. The paws of the young wolf pounded against the soft grass, her breathing slightly labored as she kept moving despite the burning ache that had bombarded her muscles for the past two hours. Hana slowed as she looked up at the pale orb that dangled in the sky with curious golden eyes. It looks so sad. The thought made the girl slow her pace even more as she moved through the field. With a huff she turned her head down to the ground once more, trying to get a whiff of the faint game trail that she had been following. It was long past time since the deer would be on the move, so the young wolf took the advantage of the prey's false sense of security to get a kill. Lord knew it had been too long since she had eaten. Finally the small wolf had found what she had been looking for. A deer's nest.

The young wolf crept closer, watching the sleeping deer for any signs of suspicion. seeing none she crept on until she was a few meters away. But that was a mistake. The doe bolted from her nest of bent grass and ran west; and Hana pursued close behind. Flanking left she drove the deer into the deeper grass proving it harder for the panicked animal to escape. The doe gave a shriek in distress as it tried to pivoted to the right to avoid the claws and sharp teeth of the young wolf. Her jaws burying deep into the junction of the deers shoulder and neck. Crimson liquid overflowed from her jaws and onto her multicolored muzzle, she guzzled down the the hot iron before being bucked off. stumbling into the grass Hana slowly followed after the wounded deer, the exhaustion of little food and sleep finally taking its toll. The doe still keened and mewled as it limped through the grass. Licking the blood off of her nose something finally caught the young wolf's attention. the scent of another. The scent of pack lands.

Icy chills swept up the small Timber wolf, every muscle tensed as she surveyed the landscape. The girl gave a sniffle of surprise as she watched the deer pass over the border. How could she have been so blind not to have seen the bright colors that marked the border of the mysterious pack lands like an neon warning sign. The flowers were distinct as the moon shown brightly upon the muted colors. A last cry echoed in the air from the doe before it fell to it's demise. the young one scrunched her face in thought before tilting her head and letting out a loud and melodious howl. She was half tempted to just grab the dead animal and drag it back into the forest for she was starving. but it would take to long, not to mention she was petrified of crossing the border for that meant certain death to some. Trotting a good ten feet away from where she was originally sitting the young wolf collapsed into the grass. golden eyes closed as she waited, blackness of sleep overcame her stressed mind and dragged Hana into the world of dreams
[html]
your ooc jabber will go here

hello there and welcome to 'Souls. Its lovely to meet you dear, my name is Honey. everything looks wonderful and your writing is beautiful. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM Lin (Razekiel Lykoi) or Kris (Nayru) and they'll be more than happy to sort out anything you need! <33

They'd moved in. Today had been a pivital moment in Saul's life as an Ichikan. Nearly a week had passed since they'd arrived in these lands, just under a week to find a place to live in and make sure it was sound enough to sleep in. The roof over one of the rooms was collapsed in, the door into the building was rotten and hanging off. A few panes of glass needed to be replaced and a lot of the stairs needed working on. But it was home. The eight of them had moved in just hours before, claiming their apartments and moving their things in. It had been a short process for most- the move from Dahlia had meant they'd had to leave a lot of their belongings behind. So they'd all travelled light and hadnt had the chance to rebuild what they'd had before. Saul's own unpacking had taken less than half an hour and the male had gone round to make sure his family was safe. There were three empty apartments, but the male had plans for them. When Melee and Range became adults and perhaps when they found a family of their own, they would no longer wish to share living space. The apartment across the hall would be Range's when they were old enough to be living apart. Shiloh and Ascher would come back one day, and the remaining two rooms were theirs. He had it all planned out in his head.

Now that everyone was settled and relatively happy, the agouti male had taken his leave to scout around the lands. It was not his job to do so- he was a healer first and foremost. But the duty was deeply ingrained in him from his life in Dahlia, plus the fact that he was in the Prestige tier and should always be on the alert. He wandered close to New Glasgow's outskirts for a while, looking over the large and deserted town. It had once been thriving and busy, but it was dead now. There was so much work to do in Ichika, and Saul always seemed to feel the weight of it on his shoulders. Cinnamon backed ears perked however as a young howl broke through the lands. A welcome distraction, Saul took off at a loping run. He'd kept to his lupus form for the moment and as he approached, the scent of dead deer on the air, he paused. Had someone just left it here? He had no idea. In the dark, he could see perfectly the sitting form of a pale female, a few yards away from the clearly marked borders. Blood was clear around her muzzle, despite her attempts to clear it away from her nose and mouth.

"Welcome, friend, to Ichika no Ho-en. I see you have slain a deer... Perhaps you wouldnt mind if I thanked the Great Mother for her sacrifice?"

It shocked him greatly how much he sounded like their dark coated leader. Saul had no idea who the Great Mother was, but he knew all kills were to be respected. He paused, stepping a few inches back. Shfiting to his optime form he dropped down to slice carefully at the deer's belly. Entrails and intestines fell out, but the male went straight for the kidney. Cutting off a large portion of one of its kidneys, the male dug a shallow dent in the earth and buried the meat. A sacrifice and a thanks to the deer this female had slain. He straightened and came closer, sheething the small dagger and wiping his hands on the grass.

"How can I help, dear one?"

He asked softly, a smile on his face. He was getting used to the idealogies of these lands and it was rubbing off on him, that was for sure.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
hey there its nice to meet you Honey, thanks for replying to my thread -and so fast at that!-. I loved reading your response it was lovely. If I have any questions I'll just pm them thanks again dear!

She was dreaming, remembering, loathing. Most of the time when she dreamed it was a mixture of something happy, perhaps a fond memory or daydream that Hana had created on her long travels. But then they would always trail down a darker, more sinister path. They became tainted by things, objects she always felt were out of her grasp of control. Like this one that she was having now. The Timber wolf was running through the endless expanse of forest that were native to Canada, trying to catch up to something. Something important but it kept eluding her. So she kept running onwards. towards nothing.

The faint sound of paws brought Hana from her fitful sleep, groggy golden orbs opened to find another wolf on the opposite side of the border. With careful practice the young timber wolf got to her feet, eyes averted to the side and ears pinned back. When the male spoke her eyes darted up to the other then to the deer. The Great Mother? She was confused on whom the male was referring to but she shrugged it off and watched as the other shifted into his two legged form. While the other was distracted Hana glanced back at the forest edge, she could be a fool and make a run for it, keep on going it alone. Hope she would last until next spring. But then again chance like this didn't come up often. The she-wolf watched silently as the other took a piece of meat and buried it in the earth. She could feel her mouth salivate, what a waste of good meat. But she was smart enough to keep her trap shut.

When the boy spoke again Hana could feel her muscles relax, if only just a little. The boy had a air of confidence and calm around him. An odd combination but a nice one at that, it made her feel more calm, centered and somewhat focused on what her task was. Tail wagging lowly the girl couldn't help but smile. May she be smitten where she stood if she was to be a fool.

"Hello my name is Hana Chambers, And I apologize for hunting near your lands." The young wolf bowed her head again before looking up again. But not in the eyes, never in the eyes. "I called in a request, if you were to hear it out."

She paused for a moment, her confidence quickly diminished as she thought through her situation. would he even listen to her proposition? would he say yes? or outright refuse? The wolf scrunched her nose and looked away. There was no going back, she had started the conversation. She couldn't just let it drop and then disappear like it never happened. Well actually she could, but she needed this. It had been so long since she had someone to talk to, a family in a sense. But would they be exactly like Hana's own home? or would they be kind, loving and understanding? Golden eyes lit up as she squared her shoulders and pivoted her ears to half mast. It was a leap of faith. One she was willing to take.

"I was hoping if your pack was taking in any new members. I-I would work hard and do any thing that my elders told me to do I swear!" The wolf winced as she stumbled over her words and waited for the latter's reply.
[html]

apologies for not matching your lovely post hun <33 Also, would it be possible to edit in her last name, when she introduces herself? Saul needs her last name for the Creed!

These beliefs and rituals he was displaying were not those of his own. Saul wasnt a believer, didnt follow a religion. But Razekiel and Nayru had made it clear that Ichika had a rough kind of religion to it. Nothing strict, but something more profound than that. A religion you could learn to live by, as most of it made sense. Although sacrificing a small portion of the deer wasnt something the agouti male would normally do, life as an Ichikan had changed his way of thinking. He now saw the sense in doing it, and those who joined from here on out would eventually learn that a lot of what Razekiel talked about made a lot of sense. Still, quick green eyes could see the nervous way in which the female tried to contain the excess saliva in her mouth. So she's killed the deer- it was no wonder she was anxious. But he wasnt to let her on Ichikan territory until all the preliminary words were over. She introduced herself and Saul smiled softly.

"My name is Saul Stormbringer, and it is quite alright. Ichika is a newly hatched chick by way of packs- we've been here less than a week. It could be anyone's mistake." He noticed that she didnt look him in the eye, a typical sign of submission. She continued once more and Saul nodded softly. He always felt awkward in his optime form when others were on four legs and quickly shifted down to her level.

She seemed very nervous and Saul saw the telltale swivelling of her eyes that said she was unsure what to do. A fight or flight response was instant, so it was clearly making her mind up that had Hana pausing. He waited patiently, green eyes soft and friendly. When at last she spoke, Saul gave a soft chuckle. She was so desperate to please that he almost stood aside and let her continue to Ichikan lands. But he had a duty to perform. Remembering Razekiel's questions to Eclipse, Saul held them in his mind firmly. He must not forget. "If you could answer a few questions Hana, so we can see if life as an Ichikan would suit you." He murmered softly, before organising his thoughts.

"Where have you come from, friend, where are your family?" He asked, pausing for a moment before he continued. "Do you have any past criminal acts?" He asked, tone serious. He knew that particular question was the most important at the moment, for it was one of the first Razekiel had asked his cousin. Green eyes waited patiently for her to begin talking, for her to tell him her story.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c39b6a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebjuly02 {margin:0 auto; width:462px; background-color:#cdbfb2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... bjuly2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796857; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#796857; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]
That's alright dear it was a lovely read! Oh um after this post I won't be posting for four days due to the fact I am going to be going down to Tennessee and my great grandmother doesn't have internet. and then I will be unable to post from Friday to Monday because I will be going up my my friend lake house and I am unsure if they have internet though if they do I will be sure to post. I am going to post that on the absentee forum but I just wanted to let you know. Sad

Sister luck must have been on her side this week, first the deer and now this? Hana hadn't been this fortunate in months. Somewhere in the back of her mind the wanderer thanked what ever deity that was out there. Not that she per say believed in one religion. She took religion like she took life, one step at a time and by her gut instinct. Pulling her shoulders back she looked the male in the eye. So his name was Saul Stormbringer, the name fit him very well. Hana smiled at the thought of it being a new pack. That meant that there would be openings, that meant a new start. The she-wolf could almost feel her ecstatic mood shoot even higher, pulsing through her veins.

When the boy chuckled she couldn't help but laugh herself. She felt like she was on a live wire, and one step would rocket her into another world, one that she had never even dared to take a step into since her exile. but slowly her high spirits diminished as Saul continued to talk. The questions were not hard ones to answer, but they weren't easy either. Something inside told her to just be truthful, a relationship was bound to end in ruins if it started out as a lie. She knew that all to well from past experiences. Mulling over her responses carefully she looked The latter straight in the eye. Be damned with hiding, Hana was done running. From others and herself.

"It would be easier to start from the beginning I suppose. I am from a small clan Called The Freeborn near Winnipeg. I was brought up there, born the youngest daughter and runt of a litter of seven. throughout my young childhood I never really had a mother, she never paid attention to me. The one who really raised me was my eldest sister, but she never really was around either. So that's the first question."

Warily she watched the other before continuing on, not giving a moments pause. "As for the second and third question they go hand in hand. My family hated me to begin with, my whole clan did. they didn't take to kindly to having runts, especially the females. They would always take advantage of the situation, trip me up. Hinder my learning. What ever cruel trick they could think of would be tested on me and the other small ones. One day I snapped. I think everyone does that once in a while. But I harmed my littlest brother in the process, scarred his nose to the point it didn't work."

The timber wolf could feel her body tense, every muscle and sinew in her being choking at the image of her brother, and the one she hated most. but she continued with a sneer on her face. "Father was furious, punished me in the worst ways possible. threw me to the pack to be torn apart, my sister distracted them though. I escaped just barely, been on the move ever since."

Tilting her head down she showed the scar that had been hidden in shadow, the long puckered skin that delved from the bottom of her right shoulder to behind her ear. Before turning to show the bite marks. Hana's once bright sunny orbs hardened to a dull gold. She was tired. Tired of having to remember such pain, she just wanted peace. Was that so much to ask from the fates? "Yes I have preformed a crime, but is self defense a crime? wouldn't you snap too if you were put under a bombardment of abuse from dawn to dusk? I am not proud of what I did. I hurt a loved one; and that I cannot forgive. But that was my past and I was my life back, I'm tired of running. Tired of trying to go it alone with such a burden. I don't want you empathy or pity, all I want is acceptance and a home."

Then Hana sat down again as she gazed at the kind emerald eyes of the other. Waiting for the fates to choose her path.
[html]

not a problem deary! I hope you have fun in Tennessee! Creed and Task in next post <33

She began to speak and Saul settled subtly to listen. There was no point in asking her to tell her story if he wasnt going to listen. But her story was sad and Saul felt the overwhelming pity take hold of him. She wasnt wanted by her family, driven out by her pack. And he supposed she'd been wandering around, trying to survive ever since. He guessed she was about his age, a few months younger for sure but around the year mark that he had surpassed a few months ago. Techinically an adult, as Luperci turned adult at nine months. But Razekiel and Nayru didnt seem bothered about ages- Eclipse had taken up an adult rank despite her being only just past seven months. Hana would do fine in Ichika, she was a kind hearted spirit that had had bad things done to her. Green eyes were warm with sympathy, but he didnt but in as she continued, addressing his next question.

She was worried, that was for sure. But as Saul listened to her 'crime' he knew in his heart that this was not the kind of thing Razekiel and Nayru were looking for. Childhood fits of anger that had resulted in accidental injury, as Saul was choosing to veiw her 'crime' were not the makers of murderers. He was sure everyone had heard of the murderer in Cercatori a few months back, Saul had heard of it at least. Still, she must have been worried that he would refuse her, so he offered a smile and a nod. She was trying to justify what she'd done, but the male wasnt rude enough to interupt her, to tell her that it was a minor crime and that she was forgiven. Of course, it wasnt his right to forgive her, it was his right to give her a second chance at peace, a second chance at life once more.

"Your story is a disheartening one, and I am sorry for the way your family treated you. Family should never be treated like that. Ichika is family to me, and perhaps one day it will be family for you too." He spoke kindly to her, making sure she knew that her past was behind her and that it was not going to affect her standings in Ichika. "As for your crime- we often lash out when we are angry and downtrodden. In circumstances as severe as yours, it was entirely understandable. Make peace with yourself in Ichika and know that there are better ways of dealing with the bullying you were subject to."

He offered as a little nugget of advise with a smile and a rare wink. If he'd been looking down on himself at that very moment, he perhaps would not have recognised himself. Razekiel's bouncy nature and the relaxed way with which he had dealt with Eclipse had rubbed off on the Stormbringer and he couldnt help the large grin on his face.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
Hey there dear, sorry I haven't wrote sooner, it seems that my grandmothers internet doesn't want to work at all for me. Anyways I'm back so yes lets get started shall we? yay creed. Sorry if this one is somewhat short I have work in half hour. Big Grin

Hana let out a breath that she didn't knew that she had been holding as she listened to the others reply. It was a relief that the Saul understood where she was coming from. Once tense muscles relaxed as she listened to the latter's snippet of advice. He was right. The young wolf had to learn to let go of the past, it wasn't going to do any good on starting a new life if all she was going to do was mope and feel sorry for herself. With tail waging she smiled, it was nice to talk to Saul. The other seemed at ease with himself, somewhere in the back of her mind she felt like the rest of the pack might also be like this. But she would have to see for herself. The very thought of being in the pack sent shivers of excitement down her spine, it had been to long since she had been in a pack. people to talk to and share adventures with.

" Your right, I will find a way to deal with it. Thank you for listening, I feel...better you know?" golden eyes glittered with a lively excitement. " Your a good person Saul."

Letting out a bark of joy she couldn't help but bound back and forth on the line for the pack borders. But she quickly caught herself and sat back down. Rarely ever would she lose her self control but it seemed to be one of those occasions that she couldn't really care. But she waited patiently for the other to speak as the young wolf's tail thumped against the cool grass with calm alleviation.
[html]

Its all good! I'm glad you're back though! -snuggles- Okay, so since the Chen-Tao rank is already filled, we'll have to go with your second choice of Ikusei, but for now Hana will be a Mui. Be sure to find Hana a home and add her information up on the Member Listings in the ranks page. Send the InH account a PM with Hana's information! Don't forget that the task must be completed with another member of Ichika <33

Excitement and happiness seemed to swell in the female as Saul spoke and for a moment he was transported back to his younger days. Although it had only been a few months ago, it seemed like a lifetime. Back to the days when he had been so excited to be able to patrol the borders and to accept people into Dahlia. It had been an exciting time for him, as well as those seeking entrance into his beloved home. For a moment, watching her smile made him think of those moments. Wishing for all the world that he could preserve this in a snapshot, a picture, something to keep it with him always. There was something about Ichika that was slowly changing Saul. He could see the lighter side of life and he was beginning to cherish moments like these. And moments unexpectedly nice. He had no idea what to think about them, what to do about them. They were just there and he had to cherish every moment he had. Thoughts like these had been rare in Dahlia, but there was something about Ichika that made him smile. Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward and a grin spread across his lips. "Thank you Hana" He murmered softly, dipping his head towards her in a soft bow.

Gathering his thoughts together, Saul set out his words nicely in his mind. After a short moment, he glanced back up at Hana, before speaking. "If you raise your right paw and repeat after me- I am a Chambers, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." He made sure to pause after each sentence, smiling softly as he heard her repeating him word for word. Once the last word had been spoken, Saul leaned forward and touched his nose to her forehead.

"Welcome to Ichika, Hana. As a little introduction to the pack, you will complete a task for us. I want you to swim out to Naiades' Island and bring back a rock. You will know how to find the island when the time comes. Take a fellow Ichikan with you and get to know them"

He said with a chuckle. Standing and stretching, the male stood aside, allowing the female passage into Ichika. She was a pack sister now, family amoung complete strangers. It was an odd notion, but one that would soon become normal to her.

-exit saul-

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the Initiation Task as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the Specialized rank listings and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's culture and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the the Ichika no Ho-en pack account with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!