[html]
Thread Information
Date: 14 June (backdated)

Setting: In a recovery room?

Time: Morning

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]

All events mentioned in past-tense are assumed unless directly involving one of Matteo's previous threads. However, Alaki's attack and Demi finding him were OOC events, I believe.

Questions without answers were always the most tormenting of questions. Especially when those questions were wrapped around a bloodied and broken friend. Matteo was confused, tired, sore and feeling rather broken himself. It had been three weeks since Giuseppe had torn him apart, creating a hole where his trusting heart used to be. Two weeks before that, he'd had his argument with Alaki, severing their friendship and creating a bitter shadow between them.

Now, everything that had happened suddenly seemed childish and unfair. The day before, Demi had come bursting through the cave's tunnels, hauling a beaten and unconcious Alaki behind her along with some other wolves from the pack helping her carry him. Matteo had been coming back from working in the stables at the time and they'd rushed right past him. He'd been curious as to what was happening at first... and then he'd spotted Alaki under all that blood.

Ever since then he'd been glued to Alaki's side, never leaving him even once. He'd hovered out of the way as Demi and the others had worked hard to keep him alive and stable, too horrified to speak or ask questions. After they'd finished working on him, they'd left him to rest and after a lot of pleading, Matteo had been allowed to stick around.

He'd been sitting at Alaki's bedside ever since. The first hour had passed with prayers and pleading for him to wake up, to be okay, for Teo to be forgiven for the horrible things he'd said and done since the argument a month before. For the next five or six hours, he'd sat silent, holding onto Alaki's hand and watching him with tired, almost unblinking eyes. A few times Demi or some other medical wolf had been in to check on him, only to leave with affirmations of his slow, slow recovery.

Nearing morning, Teo had finally found himself too tired and worn to stay away. He faded off into tragic dreams and a racing mind, restless sleep. He still sat at Alaki's bedside in an uncomfortable wooden chair, but now his upper body was folded over onto the bed, his head buried in his arms. He looked almost as if he'd been beaten too, with yesterday's clothes now stained and wrinkled, his fur messy and dirty, his hair just barely clinging to the ponytail he'd been wearing when it had started and his eyes rimmed in shadow from lack of sleep and all the worrying he'd been doing.

He'd never been so afraid for anyone or anything before. The worst scenarios played through his mind as he slept; waking to find Alaki dead, Demi shaking her head and covering the gray wolf's face with a white sheet. The faceless wolves around him as they buried Alaki outside the caves, empty words spoken around him. The last strand of hope he had left... gone forever. I might never have the chance... to tell him... The thought brought a deep, depressed frown to the coydog's sleeping face, brows pinched together and a soft, helpless whine escaping his throat. Oh Alaki... please wake up.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-border1 {width:432px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC:439+ - Alaki charming as always ¬.¬

Nothing mattered to him anymore; the pain was a simple reminder that he was alive and alone, with no real purpose or clue as to what the heck was going on with his life; the shattered pieces of happiness he’d found a month ago only compelled such thoughts, leading the male even further into a state of depression and lack of will to live. It all seemed so pointless; for so long he’d fought to stay alive with everything he had and now he could only question why? What had he tried so desperately to hang on to? His mind escaped within itself, hiding from the physical and mental pain that kept raining upon him. He just felt so tired and worn out, fed up of all the shit life kept throwing at him, so long had he wished to die, longed to return to his father’s side, but now that he had the chance, now that he could simply give up and stop fighting for his every breath he couldn’t.

It was strange, as if something was anchoring him to life, taunting him and commanding that he stay alive, that he still had something to do and more to give. But the finer details escaped him and he was so tired and god did he hurt. Nothing was worth suffering through the pain, nothing… his mind fell silent and his breath slowed as sleep consumed him. Finally, with his dreams he found some peace; the dream was shades of white and grey and filled him with calm and happiness, the finer details of what he dreamt were just beyond his grasp, but he knew that even as he slept he was being willed to live by some unknown force and that all he could do to answer it was to keep fighting, to keep breathing and live to see another day.

As slumber lifted, pain took it’s place consuming his mind momentarily and throwing him off. Tentative moments passed before he remembered what had occurred. I’m alive? His first few attempts at opening his eyes failed, after resting, he finally lifted heavy eyelids and took in the sight of a caved ceiling. Guess I somehow made it home then? He mind’s voice was surprisingly groggy. Breathing in, he begun to decipher the scents, picking up a all to familiar one rather quickly. Titling his head, he found the albino at his side, frowning in his sleep. A ghost like smile reached his lips and he lifted an aching hand to poke the other in-between the eyes. “So not cute when you frown” his voice was a croaky, whisper.

<style>
.Crow-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Crow-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Crow-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Crow-K-01 {background-color:#b8b8b8; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:513px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/349/alaki22.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 135px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Crow-K-01-border {width:515px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Didn't translate all of the Italian, because I'm lazy.

Matteo jerked back to life at the poke, scrunching his eyes together and whimpering in protest to being woken, despite his bad dreams. He blinked his eyes open after a moment, his ears just barely catching Alaki's whispered words. He looked confused for a moment, looking straight ahead at the blurry shapes that made up the bed and the wolf blanketed in it. As memories came flooding back to him... and the image cleared, he snapped into full awareness. His voice failed him for a moment as he just stared at those blue eyes, so familliar and welcoming.

The silence didn't last very long, though. Sei sveglio! He cried, his own voice cracked a bit from his lack of sleep and peace. He leaned forward and brought a leg up onto the bed, sort of half sitting beside the downed wolf, his hands instantly grabbing hold of the one that had poked him, nuzzling the knuckles carefully. Oh dolce Gesù, I thought I'd lost you...

He blinked and then looked up at him, a worried smile gracing his face. How're you feeling? Demi says you'll be okay with some rest. His voice was soft, tender, tired and holding both worry and releif somewhere in the mix. A few extra scars had been added to the boy's neck and hands since last they'd seen eachother and a few new nicks were added to his ears, but despite that and his obviously disheveled appearance, Matteo looked better than he had in weeks. That spark of hope was back.

<style type="text/css">
.Matteofreebe01 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#8b7e36; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.Matteofreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; text-align:right;}
.Matteofreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #745e25; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c7b59; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Matteofreebe01-line1 {width:400px; border-bottom:1px dotted #504f30; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC:312+ - Someone needs to shoot him and his sorry hind :')

Lying wherever the heck he was, he felt restrained and uncomfortable, trapped and confined somewhat. Every one of his instincts were screaming at him to move and leave the area, but his brain told him doing so would be the same as jumping into his own coffin and so he forced himself to remain in place and concentrated on the feel of Matteo’s hands wrapped around his, a smug smile upon his face. “Never trust demi.. devil in disguise I swear” he managed to mutter, having to stop and take a few deep, steadying breaths. Blue eyes closed shut for a moment as he focused his mind once more. “Feel like shit.. probably look it too..” he complained to the other, groaning to emphasise his point aswell as an attempt to earn himself more sympathy. Despite the situation and the pain he was in, the Marbas was still trying to wind the white one up; it was too tempting to pass up.

Looking at the other, it seemed as if the albino was to far away and he wanted to sit up and touch him, not be restrained to a bed. “Urgh, not liking this whole being injured business much” he grumbled, carefully watching the other, taking in all the small changes aswell as his dishevelled state. “Don’t worry yourself twinkletoes. It’ll take more than this to kill me” the words were his attempt to reassure the other, even though he somehow knew that he’d come pretty close to death’s doors. Yet that stupid, possessive and overly protective side wanted to keep the truth from the albino, wrap him up in a safety blanket and hide him from all the scary things of the world, as ridiculous as it sounded, especially considering how they hadn’t exactly been on talking terms recently.

“Smile alittle, it’s not like somebody died” he teased the other.

<style>
.Crow-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Crow-K-01 {background-color:#b8b8b8; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:513px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/349/alaki22.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 135px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Crow-K-01-border {width:515px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Nah, Teo's a good parental type. He can handle a childish goof like Alaki no problem. ;D

That tiny smile became a tired smirk as Alaki spoke bad of Demi. That 'devil' saved your life. Be grateful. He scolded, though it was hardly the proper tone. Alaki complained a bit and Matteo shifted on the bed, looking the other over with attentive eyes. That smirk came back again, this time mischevious. I won't lie. You look like something the cat coughed up. Then again, so did he. You'll have time to groom and bathe when you're feeling better.

The grumbling male compained, yet again, and Matteo couldn't help but snort. He was about to shush him when he spoke again, this time trying to reassure the albino. It didn't work, simply because Teo knew now that his knight would be just fine. I'm not worried, I'm just wondering what you pissed off this time is all. He stuck out his tongue and lifted his brows almost playfully, glad that things weren't as uncomfortable as he'd feared they'd be.

Alaki went on to tease him... and that's when Teo shifted forward, crawling up so his hands were on either side of the injured boy's head, his knees together on the side of the bed and tail lifted for balance. He lowered his face down to look Alaki dead in the eye, a warning stare. You're lucky no one did. I'd have gone to hell for mass murder if you had. He paused for a moment before narrowing his eyes a bit. Don't you ever, ever scare me like that again. Got it?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC:333+ - :3

A gruff laugh came from him, followed by some wincing and a low groan. Not you’re smartest idea that… he internally scolded himself. “Trust me, it was a lot bigger than a cat” he complained again, sulking slightly that the albino had now seen him so weak and feeble. He had wanted to keep playing his role of a knight to the end, looking his best and giving of the impression that he was some perfect wolf; in appearance only at least, for it was well know his personality was beyond help. Still, now that he was in the situation, he was gonna milk it for all that it was worth; it was too much of a perfect opportunity to make up with the other to pass up. The mischievous glint remained in his eyes as his expression fell neutral; to tired to maintain a smile.

When the white one accused him of ‘pissing’ something off, he had to concentrate not to laugh but managed to flash him a weak smile. “And why is it you assume that I was in the wrong? I’m innocent I swear!” he joked, knowing full well that this entire situation was his fault and that he had gone out looking for trouble and had received more than he could handle. The darker male attempted to pout, but gave up knowing the other wouldn’t fall for it even if he could pull the expression off.

Cautiously, he watched as the other approached closer; suddenly images of their argument flashed through his mind and he could only hold his breath and wait to see what the other was doing. As the albino stared down at him, he stared back without a seconds hesitation; ready for whatever the white one threw at him. A stupid grin spread across his lips and he couldn’t help but lift his head upwards and swipe his tongue across the others face. “Ya should know me better by now, ‘ause I can’t promise you that.”

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Hello Alaki, this is your wake-up call. ;D

Si farebbe se si mi amava. Came Matteo's response, though it was under his breath. His face fell a bit as he said it, whiskers twitching at the lick. For a moment, he looked disappointed... but then again, this was Alaki. Prince of causing trouble. Teo's own Black Knight. At least he was being honest this time. So after a moment's thought, Teo's half-smile returned, quirking his lips on one side and lighting his eyes with soft amusement. What am I gonna do with you, Alaki? He murmured, shaking his head slightly and shifting his legs to effectively straddle the injured boy, though the action wasn't sexual in any way.

Those hands moved down to Alaki's chest, bandaged and crisp with dried blood, much to the white boy's disdain. Next time you go picking a fight with something, make sure you're not gonna end up half dead on our doorstep. He paused again, tilting his head to the side and looking up at those blue eyes. His expression softened yet again, worry and concern only shadows underneath the mixed emotions he felt.

Just so you know... that devil woman that fixed you up also convinced me to let up on you. He shifted slightly, one shoulder lifting up a bit more than the other, nose tipping down and hair falling over his face rather cutely. So I'm sorry for that whole nasty argument we had. Gemma's not in danger anymore. Giuseppe gave her quite a bit of freedom and he don't care about Carissa, so it's been worked out. Speaking of the little raccoon, he'd have to go check up on her and his little sister sometime soon. Camilla was probably giving people a hard ass time on her own.

I don't wanna fight anymore. Fighting only hurts. He blinked and sighed deeply. Ti amo troppo per vederti agire tutti stupidi nuovo. You're my wolf. Ain't no one gonna take you away from me ever again. Wait, what? A stubborn glint flashed through the albino's eyes, stern and demanding... and fearful at the same time. How would his knight react to being claimed like that?

Still, Teo ran his hands down from Alaki's collarbone to the center of his chest, waiting patiently for a reply, ears perked up casually, curiously. The look in his eyes dared the wolf to even try to deny Teo's claim, to reject him. He'd almost lost Alaki, the wolf he knew he loved. Now it was a make-it or break-it moment and it all hung heavy on the poor broken wolf below him. Hopefully pride wouldn't get in the way.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC:366+ - Never start a possessive competition with Alaki ¬.¬

A devilish grin flashed across his face at the others words, his eyebrows rising in a playful nature. “Give me lots of sympathy and nurse me back to health?” his response was somewhat what he truly wanted as well as a joke. Then, as if you answer his earlier desire, the albino male straddled him. Reaching out, he placed a hand on the white ones thigh, glad to be able to feel him and confirm that he was really there, but infuriated that he was still stuck to the bed he lay upon. Closing his eyes, he silently listened to the others voice and his lecturing words, snorting here and there where he deemed appropriate. When he heard Demi had defended him, he opened a eye to give him a ‘you’ve got to be kidding me look’, for no matter how he saw it, Demi enjoyed making threats and making the Marbas miserable; that was how their relationship was, simply annoying each other. Still, he couldn’t deny the she-devil had saved him and so all he could do was meekly accept the fact.

As Matteo began to apologise, he opened both eyes and looked upon the other softly; it was as if a weight had been lifted of his shoulders, knowing that there was peace between he and the other once more. Still, he wouldn’t apologise; he didn’t see his actions as wrong and he didn’t like, nor feel sorry for Gemma. Nodding and smiling slightly, he simply accepted the apology and tried to play up on the whole ‘tired patient’ thing to avoid further discussion of that particular topic; not that doing so took much effort.

What happened next though completely caught the darker male off guard. Which was a might impressive feat for the white one. Slowly, with jerk moments and the occasional spike of pain in his side, he lifted an arm and placed his hand on the others cheek. “Mine” he responded, more of a growl than anything else. His hand fell down, falling back to rest upon the white one’s thigh. “Have been for awhile and always will be; ‘bout time you realized it” he flashed the other a smug smirk.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Fff. Teo's just as stubborn.

When Alaki confirmed it, though smugly, Teo couldn't help his tail waving behind him. He did, however, lean down and stare rather intently into Alaki's eyes, a devilish smile of his own curling his lips. In a low tone, he retorted. Don't get me wrong, Alaki. You've been my wolf since the day we met. I was just letting you know. Ohh, smooth move, Teo.

Oh wait, he wasn't done. The white boy leaned down to, as canines do, 'kiss' Alaki, nose to nose. As he pulled back, he ran his tongue across the darker male's nose and grinned just as smugly. By the way... Topic change. We're gonna need a bigger room. I picked up a stray little coydog while you were gone and she's still too young to be on her own. I do hope you don't mind? Ah yes, Camilla. Surprise, Alaki! Of course, Teo's tone held no room for argument. He'd talk to Naniko later on about claiming one of the family dens in the caves, maybe even a big one if he could manage it.

They'd have privacy that way... and now that he'd 'officially' claimed his wolf, he had some ideas roaming around in his head, thoughts not fitting for a good little Christian boy to have. He hoped Alaki would be able to... keep up. (Oh man, that paragraph is chalk-full of bad.)

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

WC:373+ - Sulky Alaki now :')

A low chuckle was his response, his hand once more slowly reaching up to the other, his breath catching and coming out in a slight hiss of pain as his body complained against moving. He placed his had lightly upon the top of the others head, starting of as a ‘potentially’ kind gesture, but this time he choose to ruffle the white ones hair in a teasing manner, running dark fingers through pale hair and messing it up more than it already was. Regretfully, he was stuck to a bed due to his own stupidity and so his ability to tease and wind the albino up was limited to say the least. Then he allowed his hand to fall away and leant into the others touch, sighing slightly before he allowed his head to fall back down onto whatever he had been resting it against. Yet, it seemed as if the white one hadn’t quite finished throwing surprises at the dark male…

Silence filled the room at the others statement that was asked as a question, for it left him without words. Dumbstruck, he merely looked at the other in a pleading fashion, trying to find an angle of which he could argue from but came up with nothing productive. Sulking now, he narrowed his eyes at the other and rearranged his facial expression to that of one not-so-pleased. “What’s with you and picking up strays?” he asked, then decided he was better of not knowing for some reason; if he knew, he may sympathise and then god knows how many strays they’d end up with. Sighing once more and causing his battered body to ache and complain some, he resigned himself to not being able to do nor say anything against the white one’s decision.

“Fine, just don’t expect me to look after it. Pups are scary, annoying things..” he grumbled. A small part of his mind pointed out that many had left recently for some reason or another, which would mean that some of the larger rooms were available making such a move possible. Maybe this time I should actually put up a door.. with a lock… he mused over the idea a little and then couldn’t help but grinning slightly.

<style>
[/html]