conquered country, crown, and throne.
[html]<style>.infotable td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; }</style>
Form

Date: July 4 (backdated)

Time: Evening

Words: 368

For someone(s?) not a part of Salsola! Doesn't have to be Inferni, either. X3

The sable-shade woman had taken the horse today. It was not Larkspur's sturdy mount, but the buckskin horse was a docile thing nonetheless. She was still limber enough to climb the horse's back, and she had chosen her Optime form to give birth to these children as it would facilitate her own life, for the moment. The sable hybrid, of course, put her immediate comfort in the upcoming weeks before post-natal comforts. Certainly, after the children were born, she would desire nothing more than her four-legged form -- in all likelihood, however, exhaustion would prevent her from shifting. This was in the future, however, and immediate gratification was far more important to Eris.

The horse shifted and moved beneath her awkwardly; and Eris shifted, too, a grunt of annoyance echoing from her muzzle. The sable-hued woman was not terribly fond of horses, but she desired the ability to leave quickly today if she found it necessary to do so. She would tread close to the coyote pack, making a slow loop about their borders in the hopes of finding a face she knew. The coal hybrid's motivation was anything but kindly for her neighbors, however; instead, some twisted part of her wished an Infernian, a Lykoi no less, would stumble across her here. She would brag and boast of her new children, and how strong Pandemic and Salvia had grown. Maybe her mother would hear.

This thought put a smile on the coal hybrid's face, and she exhaled a sigh faint with longing. The territory here was familiar to her -- she had explored Drifter Bay and the rest of the territories surrounding Inferni extensively, desiring to spend as little time as possible within the coyote clan during her membership there. The yellowed patch ahead was one she knew well, and the cawing of crows grew louder as she drew nearer. Suddenly, they burst from the patch of sunflowers, a thick cloud of night-black birds taking wing at once. They scattered, alighting on boulders and twisted shrubs with hunched shoulders. Their faces and beady black eyes glowered at the sable woman as she passed, irritated with the interruption of their lunch.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia; serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:16px; }
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; }
#simple-text b {
letter-spacing:.5px; }
#simple-text b:before {
content: open-quote; }
#simple-text b:after {
content: close-quote; }
#simple-text b.npc {
letter-spacing:.5px;
font-style:italic; }
#simple-text hr {
width:85%;
margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Had to use my Sie table <3

Jaden was fulfilling his duties. What a pleasant feeling that came with such an action. As Shishen the black and crimson wolf was expected to know the lands incase of an attack and track local game for hunting purposes. The fact that he was so far away from Ichika’s boarders, he felt, was a testament to how much pride he took in his new position.

The man had been following a deer herd for the better part of two days now. With his pack settling in and his own den finally constructed, nothing else had to be done but his duties. Finding the perfect time to hunt and which herd was now his occupation. Wandering this far away from home was just a set back. Honestly, Jaden didn’t mind though. He held some interest about what lay beyond the Halcyon Mountains. He’d heard that a pack called Salsola had settled in the rejoin of Drifter Bay. Nothing would come out of following the deer that far but if he happened to wander into a soul he could ask about it, today would be that much more fulfilling.

But for now he was alone. Jaden was finally catching up with his deer. If nothing else, the Shishen wanted to get some target practice and a meal out of all this work. Their scent was strong when he came to a stopping point. Ahead was a clearing that shown through the forest’s trees like a beacon. Jaden tossed his packed weapon to the ground and shifted quickly into his Optime form. Scooping up his bow, quiver, and arrows, he then shouldered, them moved to the clearing’s edge, and looked out.

The herd had been here, but no longer was. Death smelt heavily on this place as well. The Shishen stepped out of the forest and was greeted by fluttering black and noisy cawing. Thinking he had scared the birds himself, he was surprised to see another dark luprci across the field. She was rather large and looked like she might be in the later stages of pregnancy atop her horse. Jaden was no expert in pregnancy but was sure such a thing was dangerous enough to warrant staying within your own pack lands. “Hello,” Jaden said kindly, “Can I offer some assistance miss?”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]

(334)

The half-breed had presumed the crows to be feasting on the seeds and leavings of the numerous sunflowers. Though the tall plants obscured the ground from view, Eris could see over them, tall on Trader's back. The yellow flowers did not have a particularly heavy scent, and now that she was close, her coal nose twitched at the new scent, that stink of rotting death. She lifted her head, seeking the source of it in vain. What she did see, however, was the form of another canine moving toward her, shadow-black like herself.

At first, she thought he was bleeding, and she went rigid on the horse's back, causing him to stiffen and snort, stamping one leg against the ground. The sable woman clutched at the brownish mane of the creature, stroking the side of its neck. It was a calm creature, but sensitive to its master's emotions as simpler creatures were so often. The hybrid woman slid her palm up and down the thickly muscled neck of the animal, rumbling pleasurably at it as she might a small child. The animal relaxed slowly, and Eris held her ground as the stranger approached, turning the horse to face Salsola in case she did need to leave.

The red she'd mistaken for wounds was dyed rather than bloodied, she saw as he moved closer. To make up for fresh wounds, there was no lack of old scars lacing the wolf's body, and the chartreuse-eyed woman regarded him and his weapon coldly, tilting her head toward his speech. His words were kind, but so often kindness could lead to deceit. The woman smiled, the tips of her ivory teeth showing bright against the sable of her fur. What assistance do you offer? I don't believe I need any, but I may very well be lacking for it, and I would not know until you had moved on, the woman said, her tone cautious but not entirely prickly.

<style>
#simple-text {
#simple-text p {
#simple-text b {
#simple-text b.npc {
#simple-text hr {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I apologize for my miss reading and jumping to conclusions with the crows. Short post Sad

200+

Jaden watched this woman as she reacted to his presence. The situation was slightly odd. With the crows still stalking the edges of the field ready to return to their meal, the superstitious part of Jaden warned of a bad omen. He ignored the feelings and paid full attention to his new acquaintance.

Turning away from him on her horse, she spoke in response to his question. The way this stranger worded her response caught the Shishen off guard. Most other wolves he had met spoke much more outright. Perhaps it was a trait of Salsola just as the greeting he learned from Nayru was of Ichika? Wondering this only made him more interested in the woman. “I offer whatever information or help you may need. Seeing you in your state, I jumped to conclusions and I apologize if you are in no need of my help.” Jaden spoke respectfully and offered some slightly submissive body language to enforce that he meant no harm as well as staying just out of the sunflower field to give her space. “My name is Jaden and I serve Ichika no-Hoen.” Putting his hands together and bowing to the stranger slightly, Jaden gave her the greeting he was trying to get used to. “Namaste,” then he stood and faced her once again, “Would you be a member of Salsola? I only ask because I don not recognize your scent.”

<style>
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]

(315) PSH! No, I think it's more interesting that way. ;D Eris would basically non-react to a dead body anyway, besides maybe morbidly being curious as to who it was (if she knew them) and how they died, so it can stay in if want to use as a plot device. ^^ If not, PM and I will edit out of the last bit of my post. Wink

The birds were agitated, but such wretched black creatures were always agitated. The sable hybrid had never been too big a fan of crows -- a scavenger for a long, lean part of her life, she had been forced to feast upon the leftover prey that the birds had been after already. Now, their distant caws irritated her as the dark stranger approached, and she gauged his response as perfectly polite. Despite his scars, he might be speaking truly.

Thank you. Eris Eternity, she introduced herself, deciding her response needed nothing more than a warm smile, too. The submission seemed genuine enough, and the dark man introduced himself, bearing a name of the living and a rather unknown name that made the hybrid tilt forward in interest. Trader shifted beneath her, grunting his annoyance, and the coyote patted his neck again, deciding she might keep stroking his mane. The horse seemed to like it well enough, and the woman returned her yellow-green gaze to the stranger.

Perhaps not member -- I sought a home there and they said I needed to prove my worth. So, here I am, the woman said, her mind working quickly to spin the tale. She frowned, touching her belly and rolling her shoulders. Everyone needs to earn their keep, I guess. I thought I might find something by simply exploring, and the ... oddness of this place caught my attention, the woman said, now shifting as she looked at him. From afar I thought you were the dead risen, Eris admitted. This was not at all a lie. The smell of the place, the crows -- the red on him had appeared to be blood, blood from a would too severe to survive. But you're alive, no doubt. Though you do have a strange pack name -- Ichika Ho-en, you said? the woman asked, now tilting her head and appearing mildly interested.

<style>
#simple-text {
#simple-text p {
#simple-text b {
#simple-text b.npc {
#simple-text hr {
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It’s good! =)

She was a coyote. Jaden only noticed this as he grew closer to the sunflowers. He could see the subtle features now in her dark complexion that, for the somewhat racist Alaskan, showed only weakness. It had been his job to exterminate weak bloods and weak blooded mixes like her only months ago. After killing many, usually for nothing more than being coyote, the man had grown to see them as weak sniveling cowards. Even after leaving Uva Atka, Alaska, and his life as an assassin, he hadn’t seen anything to prove that there were respectable coyotes in the world. Of course his only true meeting with a coyote had been with Slade. The Alaskan struggled to keep his polite smile as the name crossed his mind. The little coward was a prime example of a weak, pathetic coyote.

But, Jaden would continue being polite to this “Eris” character. Ichika no Ho-en demanded it and she was pregnant. The Shishen worried for her atop her horse as it showed some annoyance. He’d seen what a horse could do if it bucked off its rider. That happening to Eris might prove fatal for her young. Jaden was careful not to make any sudden movements. He didn’t want to be the cause of that, even in they were weak blooded spawn.

Eris answered Jaden’s question and explained why she was out and what she had been doing. The blue eyed brute didn’t even think about it twice and believed her completely. When she also explained how she had mistaken him for dead, he was caught off guard again. It seemed an odd observation for her to make. No one had ever described his coloring as such. The more Jaden thought about it, the more he realized what a true observation it was. The fact that Eris hadn’t eagerly rushed to help a mortally injured wolf also said something about the woman’s character.

The Ichikan failed to catch that and waited pleasantly for her question before answering, “Yes, Ichika no Ho-en is a slightly odd pack name I suppose. I’m not surprised that you haven’t heard of us yet though. We formed less than a month ago when Phoenix Valley and Dahlia de Mai came together. We have laid claimed some of the land to the North of the Halcyon Mountains. Salsola and Ichika are now neighbors of sorts I think.” Jaden smiled at her kindly. “I have been tracking game through this area because I am planning a pack hunt for Ichika and all her new members. It’s one of my responsibilities.” Looking at Eris, he recalled how vague she had been in her description of her life in Salsola, “You said you aren’t a member of Salsola exactly, Eris? What characteristics made you seek them as a home? Ichika is quite welcoming of strangers and I doubt they would ask an expecting mother to prove her worth…”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

(325) SO. have i ever told you i suck? :[

The hybrid tilted her head and listened with polite attentiveness. She did not wish to appear over-eager, but her chartreuse eyes no doubt glittered their curiosity nonetheless. She had heard of Phoenix Valley, her neighbor whilst in Anathema, and Dahlia de Mai, Inferni's sworn enemy. She had not realized it was their deaths that had brought about this new pack. It was surprising -- and somewhat troubling -- news. Inferni would have no southerly neighbor to bother with, and Anathema now had a close neighbor with which to form an alliance. The Auxiliary did not devote much thought to this; instead, she merely nodded her head a few times, inserting a shrug or a smile where appropriate, and considered him a moment before speaking.

Truth be told, I know little of these lands, she confessed, her smile growing almost sheepish, girlish. The horse, sufficiently calmed, bent his head for the grass, cropping it short with his teeth. Eris leaned back awkwardly, disliking the horse's movement, but she kept her seat well enough. Though she was not an experienced rider, Trader was generally a calmer sort of horse, whatever fiery spirit he possessed extinguished when he was gelded. I should seek refuge with you and your pack, but I fear Salsola might think it unkind of me, she admitted, now speaking quiet truths to him. I would not want to turn anyone's anger toward your Ichika.

Maybe I should seek it out, if this place finds me unworthy, she added, speaking lower and musing almost to herself. Chartreuse eyes flicked thoughtfully to the sky, and she shrugged again, now half-smiling. It must be a smart place, putting one so seemingly capable in the hunter's position, she added, complimenting the male. This was meant genuinely; his scars and markings told of a life with plenty of bloodshed, and the sable-hued woman was not one to disrespect such a clear and potent symbol.

<style>
@import url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/profile.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's okay! I suck too... words-200+

Nothing would come of this. Jaden was being kind to Eris and it was mostly sincere but the longer he stayed her the farther he might have to track his herd. The Ebony fae also politely turned down his offer of safety in Ichika. Her reasons were sound and that was fine but nothing would come from their meeting and that only meant Jaden was wasting time.

The man crossed his arms in a subconscious move that showed his sudden want to end the conversation, but that urge faded slightly when Eris gave him an unexpected complement. “Why thank you,” he said with an embarrassed smile and flick of his ears but stood a little straighter with pride. “We would not turn you away should you ever need shelter.”

Ichika practiced peace and invited all species—even the weak ones—to come and make the land their home. Jaden knew very little of what Eris was truly capable of or who she really was but he had fulfilled his duty.

”But, If I cant help you, because I doubt your Salsola would find any value in our conversation, perhaps I should let you be on you way.” He said honestly. Not only was he wasting his time with a fruitless endeavor but surely hers as well.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(328) Bahaha. ♥ We're awesome! >D That being said, you can archive this once you've read it? C: Later, maybe Jaden and Eris could trade something, assuming he doesn't HATE HER FOREVER for being a lying ratfaced assbite. 8| Oooor there could be TROUBLE? I derno, lemme know! ;D

Though she did not trust him entirely, the sable-hued woman was impressed with his manner. If he had identified her for a liar, he was at least polite enough to avoid directly mentioning such things, and went so far as to invite her again to Ichika. This endeared the sable woman to him, who found herself admiring the markings and scars across him once again, the sharpness of his face and the tone of his muscle. There was power here, all right, and it was sadly wasted within Ichika no Ho-en. She did not think he would be at all receptive to her advances, however, as she'd just flatly told him she did not belong to Salsola. What a sight it would be to see her try to convince him to join up with them after all of that.

There was a polite firmness as he again spoke, and once again the hybrid was impressed with him; he had figured there was no business to be had here, and nothing to be done -- and so he was moving along. The sable wolf could not contain her grin, the spitfire beneath showing through the calmed facade for just a moment before the smile became once more demure. You speak true, Ichikan. I won't hold you up any more than you would me, she said, and tipped her head forward to him. It was a strange gesture for one ranked as she was to make, no doubt, but it was easy enough for the she-wolf to forget just who she was in that moment of play.

I do hope we'll meet again, she called over her shoulder as she turned the horse slowly back in the direction of her pack. The horse moved slowly, plodding with no hurriedness to his pace. The stranger was behind them and home was ahead of them, and Eris thought even this dumb ungulate was aware of such things.

<style>
#simple-text {
font-family:georgia, serif;
#simple-text p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#simple-text .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;