I remember, I remember....
((WC: 3+, time of day is evening. Liam is in Lupus form. General area is the middle of the town.))

The brown stained male was again wandering away from his father. The older Rhiannon male was too pushy, too touchy-feely, and far too clingy. Liam took more after his mother, though he didn't know it. A shadow flitted past him, and his eyes tracked it. That was a common occurrence, that he'd literally chase shadows. When Tal accused Liam's mother of having been crazy, he'd been right. Kira had seen the black butterflies, heard their whispers. Now Liam could see them and hear them as well. When he'd been younger, he'd been afraid of them, afraid of their sooty black wings, and how they'd engulf him in the flames of their eyes. Now he embraced them, willingly chasing them.

He stopped, watching the black butterfly alight on a ruined staircase. A spirit strode forward, it's empty eyes glittering maliciously. Liam's ears folded back, his golden eyes suddenly wary. The black wolf shaped spirit lunged, and Liam screamed, falling back.

His eyes flew open. The spirit was gone. He was sleeping under a porch, hiding from his father. Liam crawled out, shaking the dust out of his fur. The house was one of the ones that was yet unclaimed. Liam had no urge to claim it for himself, really. He just liked to sleep there when dad was in one of his moods. The pack's resident tom came barreling past him, in search of a mouse, and Liam stared after him. His ears laid back, then stood up. After a few moments, he began wandering aimlessly.

Perhaps he'd come across someone interesting. Or something. This pack was so dull. Liam longed for adventure, for excitement, for a chance to prove himself every day. A pack of dreamers and artists and diplomats... he wasn't going to get that here. He'd learn all he could, and then he'd venture off on his own. That sounded good to him.
[html]

I shall join the thread! Word Count: 212

Shuffling her feet, Jade slowly made her way through town. Being the new wolf was never fun, especially for someone like her. She was someone who couldn’t always be trusted. And it didn’t help that she wasn’t a Luperci. It seemed like everyone was those days. She knew she was being silly; there were plenty of regular wolves out there. It was hard to keep from feeling, though, that she was all alone. The she-wolf had promised herself to always be alone, but was it time for change? Was it time to make new friends and let go of the past, her past?

Only when she saw the house in front of her did Jade realize how far she had walked. Stopping, she took in her surroundings. A rustle under the porch and the she-wolf was on guard. An object only identifiable as a wolf, lupus form, was laying there. Sleeping, she realized. It let loose a scream, as though it were being tortured. She skittered back, wondering what dream would cause this. As it climbed out from under the porch, Jade realized it was Liam Rhiannon. He started ambling away. Well, Jade thought, it couldn’t hurt to see where he was going.

<style>
.jadewolf .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.jadewolf p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadewolf b {color:#A2A0A0; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.jadewolf {background-color:#191919; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... a5_z-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #191919; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:499px; text-align:justify; padding:430px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
((WC: 374))
((I don't mean to complain, but there's no way Opal could know Liam's mother was insane. Few besides he and his father know, and those who do know are very tight lipped about it. Tal usually just says that Kira, Liam's mother, is dead. Oh, and he's seeing things in the first paragraph. No real movement, no butterflies.))

He paused to scratch his ear, then continued on his random walk. He paused outside of an old wooden house, staring up at it. There was movement in the window, he thought. He stared at the window, watching the shadows inside dance, as if thousands of black butterflies were whispering to him. He cocked his head, straining to hear it. He could almost hear....

He slowly walked up the rickety stairs. This house needed a good sanding, a coat of whitewash, and some major repair work. He stopped outside the door, eying it. Did he want to go inside? Yes, he did. He wanted to know why the butterflies were calling to him. The door was cracked, wisps of old paint and flakes of wood peeling. It was warped, and it didn't take much for the young male to nudge it open with his shoulder. He stepped a foot in musty red carpet. He lifted a paw in surprise, then set it down gingerly, testing the springy fabric under his feet.

"Weird..." he muttered to himself. He lifted his head, staring into the gloom. Heavy curtains covered all the windows, looking like one touch and they'd fall away. The air was stale, as though no one had been in this house since the fall of man. He glanced around, and saw the stairs. Lifting his feet high as if he were walking through snow, the young male made his way to the staircase. They were steep, but he climbed them anyways. Down a hallway several rooms laid in wait, the doors shut. One room on the very end laid open, beckoning the young male in. He approached slowly, his hackles raised.

The room he was in was empty. No furniture in the room, only the carpeting and the same heavy curtains as downstairs. The closet door stood open a fraction. Liam crossed the room, sticking his nose in to sniff. A sharp pain, and the young male fell over as a young black cat came tearing out. He let out an involuntary yelp as he stumbled away, his nose carrying fresh cat scratches. He sat on his haunches in the middle of the room rubbing his nose with his paw and muttering to himself.
[html]

|Word Count: 238| Fixed. Sorry, I thought something like that would be common knowledge.

Jade followed Liam, smiling to herself. She knew she was spying, but it was too irresistible to not. Sneakiness had always been a trait she admired. Though this made her feel like a stalker. Liam stopped in front of an old house. It was wooden and twisted with age, and it made her feel uneasy. He stared at it as though there were something to see. As if there were whispers, he strained to hear. He called it weird. I agree! Jade silently answered. The young male slowly made his way up the stairs and into the front room. The fae almost couldn’t believe his stupidity.

Jade waited in nervous anxiety. If Liam were hurt, she might be associated with the injury somehow. Her luck always seemed to work that way. Several minutes passed without a sound. A good or a bad sign? she wondered. Suddenly, a yelp, and the she-wolf was on her feet. A young black cat tore out of the house as though its tail were on fire. Jade ran into the dwelling, up the stairs, and stopped. There was only one room with its door open. She silently crept down the hall and peered into it. There Liam sat with his back to her, unharmed. She sighed with relief. It sounded loud compared to the silence that consumed the house. The she slowly withdrew her head from the room, and hoped he hadn’t noticed.

<style>
.jadewolf b {color:#A2A0A0; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.jadewolf {background-color:#191919; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... a5_z-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #191919; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:499px; text-align:justify; padding:430px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
((Sorry about this, but it's how Liam is.... *snugs*))

The sigh came like a clap of thunder out of the blue. Liam jumped, his golden eyes wide. He leapt to his feet, whirling around to see a head pull back. A black furred face. His brunette hackles raised, his lips curling back from his teeth. Two parts fool, one part brave, he charged out of the room. He hated black wolves with a passion. Black wolves were evil. A black wolf had killed his mother and sister. A black wolf had raped his father and put metal studs in his ears to mark him as property. Black wolves were evil.

The butterflies rustled, giving the boy warning not to be a fool, but he ignored them. This was the same black wolf who'd gotten him in trouble when he had been playing with Fia. Jade, her name was, and he'd already decided he hated her.

If she didn't move out of the way, he would charge into her with his head down, butting her in the chest. He might be less than a year old, but he already had his adult size. He was lanky, as he hadn't developed the muscles his size would afford him, but he had inherited his mother's height. Kira had been fairly tall for a wolf.

"Why can't you just leave me alone, Jade?"
[html]

|Word Count: 180| Sorry for the short late post. Couldn't think of much.

Jade hopped back as the boy barreled out of the room. She was irritated with herself for making noise. The teen asked a question, one she couldn’t answer. It was legit, no stupidity in it. Unfortunately, no answers came to mind, no solutions to this problem. She would just have to lie. “I was walking past when I heard a yelp and a cat came running out of the house. I just wanted to see what happened. I didn’t know being curious was crime,” the fae growled snarkily. She looked him in the eye with what was hopefully a superior gaze. The she-wolf hoped she sounded more confident than she felt.

Jade swallowed nervously. She had always been a good liar, but the fae wasn’t sure if she would be believed this time. The she-wolf kept her defensive stature, and refused to look away first. She would stand her ground even if it killed her to do so. But there was this nagging feeling that she couldn’t shake. It was unidentifiable; she hadn’t felt it before, and it worried her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
She had moved out of the way, and he brought himself up short, lifting his head, his tail high. His golden eyes spit fire at the dark she-wolf. He stomped his front foot like a toddler having a temper tantrum, glaring at her. "Curiosity killed the cat, Jade. Quit following me or you'll be sorry." His eyes were focused on her, sharp shards of golden glass. He could hear those butterflies again, whispering to him, murmuring of blood and righteous anger. Black wolves were pure evil, they should be exterminated. The only black things that were good were the butterflies.

With a bravado he didn't know he had, he stepped forward, towards the evil wolf, something fanatical in his eyes. He was so young to be full of so much hatred. "They told me I would be the one to purge the shadow wolves from the lands, you know." Colors shifted on him, the shadows turning to reaching hands. His eyes drifted slowly across the hands reaching for him.

Time slowed as he lashed out at the reaching hands, his sharp fangs glittering in the dim light spilling from the door. He watched the shadows skitter down the stairs and followed, the dark she-wolf forgotten. It was a pity he'd inherited more of his mother's genes than his father's.
[html]

|Word Count: 198| Finally back!

Liam told her off for following him. He really does seem angry, she thought. But who is he to tell me off? His eyes golden eyes were like daggers piercing her skin, raking through her flesh. But still Jade held her ground. It was the only thing to hold, then. The she-wolf’s heartbeat pounded in her ears, making it difficult to hear. He stepped forward, a dark malice in his eyes. He said something about they, purging, shadow wolves. Who are they? Purging shadow wolves from the lands? What is that about? What’s wrong with this wolf?

The boy growled and snapped at the shadows as if there was something to fear. Jade squinted into the semi-darkness that lay around them. She saw nothing. But there, sliding forward, could it be…No! Do not let this fool boy get the best of you! The teen watched the stairs with an odd fascination. He skittered down them, after something. The boy had told her not to follow, that curiosity killed the cat. “Well,” she said to no one, “good news is I’m not a cat!” She trotted down the stairway after him, not giving a care about what would happen.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Going down the stairs was quicker than going up them. Only his natural grace kept him from falling face first into the carpeted floor. The shadow wolf that taunted him stood in the doorway, soulless eyes menacing. Liam's ears folded back, a snarl rippling from his throat. His fur stood on end as he hesitated, then lunged at the monster. In a puff of smoke and ashes, the shadow was gone. Liam blinked, shaking his head. A dull headache spread from temple to temple. A sound, and he turned to see Jade on the stairs.

His ears laid back. "Stop following, Jade. It's annoying." He'd already forgotten going up the stairs, as if it hadn't happened. Sometimes he lost small pieces of time like that. This was one of those times.
[html]

|Word Count: 185| Boring post. Meh. :/

“Well, I went up the stairs, so now I need to go down them. That’s kinda how it works,” Jade sneered. What’s wrong with this wolf? she thought fearfully. He must be crazy. Hopefully…A minute ago Liam was telling her curiosity killed the cat, then chasing something down the stairs. Now he was lunging at air and asking her questions she had already answered. Something was wrong with his head, and the she-wolf was almost afraid to know. Her feet started moving, very slowly and softly, towards the open door. For some reason, she didn’t want to make a sound.

“I-I should be leaving, now,” Jade stammered as she crept around Liam. She backed to the opening and said, “Have fun being crazy.” She turned and ran down the porch stairs and up the road. Her feet guided her in her search for safety from the monster that was Liam Riannon. She didn’t know why she was running, only that if she didn’t, bad things might happen. She wanted the bad things to stop. They hurt and tortured her. She just wanted to get away.

<style>
</style>[/html]
((-hugs- Take it our thread is done then? Sorry he terrorized ya....If you want a thread with his sane dad, we can arrange it?))

The urge to follow her, to show her how it felt to be hunted crossed his mind, but a noise from the upstairs caught his attention. He watched her fleeing for a moment longer, then returned to the stairs and made his way to the open room on the end of the hall. The butterflies were dancing in the center of the room. The male sat on his haunches, watching them, listening to their seductive whispers. In the corner of his vision, flames danced, smoke curling up. Instead of terror, elation filled him, and he laughed. The headache was gone.