[M] I can be your hero baby!
[html]

Word Count :: 371 :: Luna! Yay! This happens in the northern part of Arachnea’s Revenge and it’s late morning. Zalen is in his lupus form. I left the post open ended for obvious reasons. ;-P

For once in a long while Zalen felt pretty good about himself. So good in fact that he was scouting the surrounding area for a suitable place to establish a den. He liked it here more than any place he had been in for some time and him knowing that he was now full grown and in his prime perhaps he should let go of his wanderings and become a settled loner. He knew that this area of land was unclaimed by any pack or group and it was well situated being close to both water and food sources. And now having run into his share of individuals he felt more confident in his social skills.

He had been wandering in what he had learned was called the Damp Woods and had chanced upon an eerily blue lake, it was here that he had decide to search for a home. Any kind of hollow or cave would do, he didn’t mind roughing it for a while until he could find creatures comforts. His search didn’t last long and soon he found a shallow cave in a rocky alcove of a hillside no more than a mile north of the blue lake.

Quickly he began to assay the whole area with his senses and finding no scent of any other creature he decided it was good. The cave was deep enough to avoid the rain but shallow enough to let in light. Ivy and other matter of undergrowth created a bit of an overhang across the entrance created a natural privacy screen. He also had noticed the growing abundance of spiders in the area, in fact a beautiful orb weaver had created her web in a corner of the cave entrance. Spiders were Zalen’s good luck charm, his totem if you will, and their presence brought him confidence. Yes this would be perfect. Zalen sat down, a smile on his canine mug, and lifted a leg to scratch behind his ear. Ahh yes that felt good.

Then there was something. A sound broke the usual forest sounds. His ears perked, eyes sharp in the direction he had heard the sound. “What was that?” He stood, muscles now tensed, breath held and listened for it again.

<style>
.freebietable-a00 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EXZoK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a00 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a00 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a00 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

921w (+7)/ Finally! *collapses on her bed defeated* i wanted to do this before falling on my absence. Sorry if this is quite crappy, but, you know...You can skip the first three paragraphs if you wish XD and feel free to powerplay Luna during her fall when Zalen catches her X3

Nostalgia. A feeling that Luna never thgought that she would ever feel again. And everything had started quite a few days ago, when she left the security of the Aniwayan lands, crossed the ancient fence and headed to the north on all fours, only bringing her necklace and her mother's letter with her, which was tied to the tip of her tail tightly with a string made of natural fibers.

At the beginning she had postponed her journey to get adapted to her new pack. She had met a few faces and had established herself in the Village, and, over all, she had re-encountered new friends, one of them being the other part of the reason she was now sleeping in the open field rather than in her cozy room. Bun now she had decided that she had to do this for her friend's well being. She had to find Roran at all costs. If not...that would be a proken promise for her and a broken heart for her dear friend. So, not even bothering to tell her alpha or anybody else about it, she departed, leaving a note behind where she explained her reasons of leaving and that she would eventually return. She just hoped that somebody would have the lack of courtesy like to enter her home unadvised to notice the note.

After three days of continuously running, the female had decided to make a pause, feeling a strange sensation of familiarity . She was close to the place through which she had frist entered 'Souls. Very close. The lupus stopped on her tracks as this idea crossed her mind. She resumed her pace, but this time she walked intead of run, looking at her surroundings carefully. She knew that she was close, but a small part of her mind that grew bigger with every second that passed told her otherwise. Doubt. She wanted to make sure that she was following the correct direction. But with a glance at her surroundings with her scrutinizing green eyes, she realized that she was surrounded by trees, so the only way to orient herself would be...

"...to climb those trees?" She said to herself, looking at the treetops that closer over her. She was not a very good climber, but she would be able to reach a branch that was high enough to observe the landscape. Her eyes traveled from the trees to her toes in that moment. In that shape she had no possibility to even climb a meter off the ground. So, with a grunt, she sat on her spot and began to change into her favoured form.

Due to the loss of energy that her journey had caused, the shifting took more time that she had expected. But in the end there she was, a two-legged figure with long arms and opossible thumbs.

After scruiting the tree tops a second time, the female chose an oak which seemed solid enough to support her weight. With a sfift movement, she got ahold of the trunk and began to climg slowly, fastening her clawed hands to the rough bark and trying not to slide, failing at it a few times and actually scratching the tree surface while trying to find her grip again. In the end she did it to a high branch which seemed sound enough not to break under her weight and which allowed her a view of the lands that surrounded her. The wolfess balanced a bit while she tried to stand on her two legs in order to have a better view. Once she found her balance, she spun her head around, finding a reference point. Almost everything consisted on a sea of green spotted with a few clearer patches where there were no trees. There was a shape that rose over the horizon, though, and it didn't seem like it was too far away. The earthen colored woman found herself too immersed on her excitement, caused by the sight of the mountain, that she didn't pay much attention to the creaking sound coming from under her feet. That is, until the branch she was standing over disappeared.

With swift reflexes, the woman clinged to a nearby branch, which bent under her weight. Luna knew that it wouldn't resist for too long. So the Kunikoti did all she could do. Gathering all her strength, she rose a leg to the branch she was hanging from and buried her claws on it. The movement made the branch bend even more, but she tried to ignore it as she lifted her other leg, which connected with the branch as well. Good, now she wasn't hanging limply from the branch; but a look at the floor washed away the feeling of safety that she had previously felt. She was hanging about seven meters above the ground! Another creak. Six and half meters. If she let herself fall she would end up with a broken limb. Or worse. She didn't want to think about the consequences further and tried to think about a way to get back to the floor harmless. But it seemed like her possibilities were nul. So she did the only thing that she could do. A desperate howl left her chest as she did her best not to fall. Help me! Maybe some loner would hear her and come to her aid. She put all her hopes on that thought as she let out another cracked howl. I need help! I do not want to die today!

Luna lives "Luna says" Luna thinks "Ghost says"

<style type="text/css">
.free-table- b {font-weight:bold; color:#AEDE68; letter-spacing:1px; }
.free-table- .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.free-table- p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.free-table- {margin:0px auto; width:418px; background-color:#428A00; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V1jF3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 30px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1CF2F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 367 :: Don’t feel bad XD just feel better soon! Summer colds suck.

There was the sound again! It sounded like the creaking of wood, but there was no wind. The weather had calmed after yesterday’s storm. Slowly he began to trot in the direction he had heard the sound and while moving he shifted into optime. If it was an coyote, or bear, or something worse, he would be ready for it in this form. A few minutes later another sound assaulted his ears but this time he knew exactly what it was.

Breaking out in a dead run he moved as quickly as possible towards the area of the distress call. It had been another wolf and whoever it was was in danger. Zalen could not just idly stand by as another creature was in peril. He arrived at the base of an oak tree just as the second call rang out. It took him a moment to gain his bearings because he could see no one around, but then the sound of creaking wood caused him to look up into the tree tops. And there, dangling was the form of a female wolf. Before he could even speak, before he could even begin to think of a plan to help, the tree limb to which she clung snapped and her brunette form came crashing down, leaving smaller branches broken in her wake.

Zalen braced himself, clawed feet digging into the forest floor and he lift his arms to catch her. Her body fell into him and the sudden weight shift caused him to have to spin her lightly so as not to drop her. But there she was, safe and sound in his arms, her body slightly dipped to ground. He was panting heavily, adrenaline pumping through his veins. Quickly he surveyed her lithe body and saw no blood or bones sticking out. Then dilated apple eyes met her forest green ones and whatever breath he had left him. She was beautiful. The softest brown body with a chocolate mask and flowing hair. His heart was pounding heavily, but now no longer from adrenaline, but from something else. He dredged his mind for something to say, anything, but all he could muster was; “Hi… are you alright?

<style>
.freebietable-a00 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EXZoK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a00 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a00 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a00 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
389w (+2)/ I feel a bit better now, so i decided to reply XD XD XD heh, i can't wait to see how will Zalen react to her hug. Poor girl.
[html]

Another creak was heard as soon as Luna's call for help stopped due to the fear. She didn't hear nobody coming, so she supposed that her call had passed unpercieved. Of course, the lands were vast and it wouldn't be possible for anybody to get to her in time. These thoughts cause a sensation of despair that the female couldn't bear. She wanted to live so bad. Damn! I shouldn't have climbed this damn tree. Stupid! stupid" stu- The branch that she was clinging to finally gave up. Her eyes opened in surprise, but she couldn't see anything. Everything passed too fast.

"..."

The next thing that she was aware off before the fog in her eyes disappeared was that she was being held by something, or rather someone. She tried to focus her eyes and control her heavy panting as the adrenaline began to wash off her body. She was safe now. But how? This question was cleared when the initial shock passed and she could see someone's face in front of her. The black stranger was staring at her eyes, and she could notice concern in his. As she stared back, she realized that there were two objects preventing her body from touching the ground, which she then realized that were his arms. Then, she realized the position in which they were. It looked as if he was holding something precious, but she didn't really mind it. She was too shocked and relieved to care.

The silence was broken by the other's trembling voice. The medic could only nod in response, before shifting her weight to her feet so the male didn't have to support her entirely, thought she remained on his arms. Her eyes traveled slowly from him to the spot in which she could have been laying, completely torn like an old cloth. "Thank you." Her voice came out softer than she expected. With her arms still trembling, the female reached for her savior's shoulders and took ahold of them, lifting herself o hug him. She was so grateful with this man. "Thank you!" She repeated, this time with a higher pitch. "I owe you life, I'm really grateful." As soon as she said this words, she let go of him and tried to straighten herself, feeling a strange tickle where he had been holding her.

<style>
.zero-pink p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-pink b {color:#f74883; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-pink {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#a0143b; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#f5efcb; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/pink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #babf8d; width:400px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count 274:: Zalen is so silly and awkwards :-D

Zalen snapped out of his trance as the girl he was holding grasped him in a tight hug. He was shocked for a moment but then he gingerly hugged her back and patted her back lightly. Well at least she was alright. When she let go he took a step back and watched her as she straightened herself. Reaching an arm up he scratched himself nervously behind his ear. "It was nothing, I heard your call. You wouldn’t have been killed just hurt I guess…"

Zalen took a moment to survey her again; she was young, in shape, and still flustered from the fall. He noticed the rolled up piece of paper tied to the tip of her tail and wondered what it was. He also wondered what she was doing out here alone, he could smell other wolves on her so he supposed she was a pack wolf. What had happened to her? Was she running away? Was she on a mission of some kind? All this he wondered as he continued to stare at her slightly slack jawed. He couldn't believe what had just happened, what luck that he had managed to catch her without hurting either of them. What in God's name was she doing up in that tree?

Zalen then caught himself just gawking and her and snapped himself out of it. He stood up straight and cleared his throat and then robotically stretched his arm out to her, palm upwards, “I’m Zalen, pleasure to meet you.” There was a crack, and before he could react a descent sized branch fell and knocked him right in the head, “SON OF A-!"

<style type="text/css"> .z b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b5835; letter-spacing:1px; } .z .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #891c04;} .z p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .z {margin:0px auto; width:426px; background-color:#6f9001; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 435px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

401(+2)/ Poor guy...Luna usually doesn't care about other's intimacy circles when it is about other's health...so this will be interesting *w*. Also, i don't think that i pp'ed Zalen, but i can change it if you prefer XD

Luna's silver laugh was heard when she saw the man's reaction to her words. He didn't seem to see it as a great heroic act, but she knew better. The fall would have caused her spine to break in two parts, wither killing her or leaving her paralitic. Both options where too horrendous for her to ponder about them, so she shoved those thoughts away from her mind, focusing rather on the fact that she was still alive. "You don't see it as a great thing, but I'm still grateful." She said, grinning from ear-to-ear, her tongue hanging from her open jaws. Though, her body told otherwise. Her limbs were still shaking, thought much less than before, and her fingers felt cold.

The male didn't reply to her words. Instead, he was scanning her. The medic didn't understand why, so she lowered her head to see if there was something out of place in her body. No, she was in one piece and her fur was ok, though, a bit rustled by the fall. Again, her eyes met her savior's face, tilting her head as she did so. "Is there something wrong with me?" She muttered. The man came out of his trance a second later, slapping himself for an unknown reason and formally introducing himself. Her smile reappeared, and placed her hand over his, introducing herself as well. "I am Luna Sabino, Kunikoti...err...Medic from AniWaya." She struggled a bit in search for a translation for her rank. Probably the stranger didn't know that title. But before she could say anything else, a crack was heard over her, and she saw a heavy object fall over the green-eyed man, who bent under the branch's weight, without making the slightest effort to dissimulate his cursing. Luna's reflexes were fast, and within a second she found herself less than a foot of distance away from Zalen, examining the place where he had been hit with professional eyes, having a certain difficulty since he was taller than her. "Don't move, you may have an open wound." With her fingers she felt the fur, looking for any sign of blood. "Are you ok?" She couldn't refrain from saying that, thought she already knew the answer. Who would be ok after being hit by a branch of that size? Right now, she cursed the fact that she didn't have her medical kit with her.

<style type="text/css">
.lunatrees-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.slunatrees b {font-weight:bold; color:#e4d297; letter-spacing:1px}
.lunatrees p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.lunatrees {margin:0 auto; background-color:#937b22; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ypngir.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#beb88b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #3f340d; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count 227:: You can if you want I don’t mind.

His head throbbed but he couldn’t go to check on himself because she was already doing it for him. As he felt her nimble fingers dance across his scalp he cringed. He wondered if he was bleeding. He knew that head injuries could be very bad and hoped that the branch hadn’t caused him any serious damage. He looked up at her with puppy dog eyes and small whine of pain escaped his throat. How pathetic he must have looked in that instant.

He was glad then more than ever that she was alright. Had she not been they both could have been in serious trouble at this point. And her being a medic? What luck! Zalen then thought about the pack she had mentioned. AniWaya. It was one that had hadn’t heard about so far and added it to his mental list of territories; Inferni, Salsola, Anathema and AniWaya so far. He wondered how many packs there were around here in total.

“How’s it look doc?” He said trying to make light of the situation with a half-hearted joke. He really hope he hadn’t been injured badly. He remembered his encounter with the black female Lucia the day before, how she would laugh if she could see him now. He had to learn to hide any weakness he might have, especially if he faced her again.

<style type="text/css"> .z b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b5835; letter-spacing:1px; } .z .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #891c04;} .z p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .z {margin:0px auto; width:426px; background-color:#6f9001; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 435px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

394(+2) XD

Professional fingers traced a route around the wolf's skull, palping it and feeling the thick fur that covered them. But nothing else. There was no blood or open wounds. However, the male did whine and looked at her with such an innocent face. When the masked female saw that, she couldn't avoid to feel some sort of affection within her chest, again feeling that tickling sensation in her fingers as she retreated and placed her hands at her sides. This male didn't seem weak by no means. In fact, if he hadn't saved her first, she would have acted submissive in front of him.

"There's no blood, hence no open wounds." She said, crossing one arm across her bare chest and placing the elbow of the other one on her palm, caressing her chin. "However." She said thoughtfully. "It will leave a bruise which will hurt for a few days. Other than that, you will be fine." Once she gave her diagnose, she relaxed her arms and linked them behind her back. She was relieved that nothing had happened to the stranger, but she lamented for not being able to give him something to lessen the pain. She had decided not to bring too much weight with her so she could travel faster, which reminded her of...The letter! With erratic movements, she reached for her tail and made sure that the piece of paper was still on it's place. It was, but barely. Luna sighed out of relief, making a stronger knot around her tail and wagging it to make sure that it would resist. Then, she looked at the male again, feeling slightly ashamed for leaving him out. "Sorry for that, hehe." She smiled again, this time in a playful way. She didn't know whether Zalen had other matters to attend, but she did, and she wanted to finish that trip as soon as possible. However, she tried to calm that urge down. At least she would try to enjoy her time with him. Wait, why was she thinking that?

"So, hummm, Zalen. What matters bring you here? I mean, i don't think that you have a pack yet." She mentioned casually, trying to start a conversation, her eyes never leaving his face. "Are you traveling or something." She tilted her head at this point, real curiosity gleaming in her green eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.lunatrees-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.lunatrees {margin:0 auto; background-color:#937b22; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ypngir.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#beb88b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #3f340d; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count 407:: Sorry about the previously short post, here's a better one.

The feel of her fingers on his head seemed to calm him down. He had not had physical contact of this kind in a long time and it brought him back to puppy-hood when his mother would stroke his head as he fell asleep. When she finished he looked up somewhat disappointed but was glad that she confirmed no bleeding. But it throbbed something fierce and he reached up to rub a forming goose egg.

He watched with some amusement as she spun around to reach for the paper tied to her tail, once again making him notice it. How strange to have something like that tied there, but he supposed it was better than carrying a bag around. Hume trappings could be so cumbersome. When she had confirmed that it was still tied to her and fastening it more securely she gave him the sweetest smile and he could feel his heart skip a beat. What a beautiful girl this was, looking flustered in the dappled sunlight of the forest.

She asked him about his living situations and he wanted to tell her about the wonderful den he had just found but instead he got lost in her green eyes. Green eyes just like his mothers, just like the girl he had met yesterday. He was overcome with a warm sensation that began in his toes and moved its way up. He felt light-headed, his mouth became dry as he stared at this beautiful wolfess in front of him. She even seemed to glow now and before he could even begin to stop himself he moved towards her, wrapped a strong arm around her back and placed a paw on the back of her neck, stringing his claws through her flowing hair. Quickly then he brought his black lips to hers in a very awkward kiss, seeing as canine muzzles didn’t lend well to the naturally hume gesture. For a moment it was bliss, the warmth now completely covering his body. She smelled of sweat and fresh air and it was intoxicating. But it did not last more than a couple moments before Zalen realized what the hell he was doing. His eyes shot open wide and he quickly released her and took a step back in complete shock at his own actions.

"I… I’m sorry!" He was completely flustered and reeling and the warm feeling left and in its place a feeling of icy embarrassment.

[html]

360(+2):: Crappy post! sorry for that XD But here it is, a very confused Luna for you!!

What was wrong with the stranger? he didn't answer her question, and the silence was starting to feel heavy. The dark-haired woman tilted her head at the strange expression that appeared on the man's eyes. Why was he looking at her so intensely? She had no clue. Not even when he walked forward and took her by her waist she had the slightest idea about what did he want to do...

...that is, until their lips connected.

Green orbs opened disproportionately when she understood what was happening. She had been kissed before, but never in such an impulsive way. Her thoughts were chaotic during the kiss as she feelt how his arms held her body close to his; but her hands never moved, instead, they hung limply at her sides, forgotten, as their owner tried to remember how to use them. It wasn't until he parted off that she could think properly, specially because she held her breath during the kiss. She stood there, visibly confused. For an unknown reason, the tickles that she had felt before returned, this time she felt them in most of her body.

She barely knew the stranger, let alone feel something for him, and the same applied for him. They had met by an unfortunate event, but that didn't make much difference (except for her grattitude towards him) than if they had crossed paths casually or something. She had no idea about how to act in a situation like this, so she did the first thing that came to her mind: step back and flee.

"I-i have to go." She said, avoiding his eyes and giving two steps back before completely turning around and walking away. For a second, her hand reached her lips, where Zalen had awkwardly set his dark lips. But then she moved it downwards, towards the necklace that had almost fallen during her accident. She grabbed it and held it close to her chest, as if that tiny object would make her feel better. But the thing was that she had no idea whether she needed the confort or not. It had been just a kiss, nothing else, wasn't it?

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count 324:: Twas not a crappy post. Twas a good post :-D

Why had he just done that? It had been his first ever kiss too, never having had the chance to be around females his age in adolescence. He remembered seeing other wolves act in intimate ways when he had run with the small pack those many months ago, but had never experienced anything first hand. Now he had just made a complete fool of himself in front of a beautiful stranger. What an idiot he was!

Reaching up to rub the bump on his head again he was suddenly overcome by nausea and thought for a moment he was going to vomit when he noticed the very surprised Luna turn to leave. He watched her for a moment before reacting to her retreating form, "No please! Don’t go!... I’m really sorry, I don’t know what came over me… I…" He desperately thought of a way to convince her to stay. He needed her company just so he could set his thoughts straight again and figure out what the hell had just happened. Something about her obviously had made something snap in his mind and he had to find out what it was.

He walked after her and was going to grab her arm to stop her but thought better of it at the last moment, now was probably not the time to touch her again. “Please stay, that was really stupid of me. I don’t even know you, I don’t know why I did it…” He stopped and stood behind her, looking completely defeated and miserable, before he came up with a great idea.

“It probably was the branch! Yes, it knocked me senseless. Would you be willing to stay with me a little while to make sure I don’t pass out or something? Perhaps you could tell me about that paper tied to your tail?” He was putting everything on the table, hopefully it worked and she would stay with his crazy ass.

[html]

475(+2)

His voice distracted the fleeing wolf from her confused train of thoughts. She didn't stop when he first spoke, but she did lessen the speed of her pace. She listened at his whinny apologies with some sort of remorse. Remorse for just leaving without a word. She had just felt so...intimidated and vulnerable. She didn't like to feel like that. Specially not in front of strangers. His voice was heard again, and this time she did stop, still giving her back to him. However, he didn't touch her, probably the wisest choice since the masked woman's reaction showed how nervous she was. He was apologizing sincerely, but she wasn't sure why did he want her presence so much. She looked at her feet as she pondered his words, trying to figure out his need of company. Maybe he just felt alone.

A low sigh escaped her parted lips as she re-considered the possibility of returning when he spoke again, this time his tone holding a hint of playfulness. But the words were what made her turn around and unwalk the road back to Zalen. Just by mentionioning his health and the fact that it could be in risk had convinced her to stay a little bit longer, though she was still a bit skeptical about his arguement, which was noticeable by the way she twisted the corners of her lips. Incredulity.

The chestnut-shaded woman stopped by her saviour and looked at him with skeptical but resigned eyes for a few seconds. Finally, she let out a sigh, giving up trying to evade him. However, her eyes never met his. "Fine then. I will stay." She sat down on her spot, intentionally scooting another feet away from the male in order to keep a safe distance between them, at least until she calmed down a bit. "You want me to tell you about the letter that i'm carrying?" She said, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at the tree from which she had previously fallen. Really, was ridiculous how she had been in the verge of dieing just because of a simple tree. Her scoff was barely audible as she thought that, but she decided to dismiss it and rather focused on the male that she had before her. "Would you like to sit down? I think that it would be more confortable for both of us" She said, finally looking at his face, which proved being difficult due to his height. Her words referred only to the physical side, because she was aware that this male had kissed her less than five minutes ago, and that, if she kept her guard down, she could risk herself to be kissed by him again. Not that it was disgusting or anything; but it just made her feel confused. Very confused.

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count 335:: OOC.

Zalen watched as the brown femme continued to walk away and every time she slowed he was relieved a bit more. When she finally turned back and agreed to stay he could not help but let his ebon tail wag fervently. He was glad that she would give him a second chance to show her that he wasn't a nut job. Keen eyes watched as she sat down a distance away from him. It would probably be in his best interest to give her some space now.

She asked him to sit and he realized he had been towering over her. Quickly he scrambled to sit on his haunches a ways across from her and making sure to avoid sitting underneath the evil tree lest it release a branch upon him again. He wondered why he was acting so strangely around her. Most of the time he was quite reserved and let others do the talking. But now he was acting like a rambunctious pup making all the wrong decisions. What had come over him? It couldn’t just be the head trauma.

He nodded slowly when she offered to tell about the tail note, he was genuinely curious about it. Something tied directly to the fur usually meant that it was important in some way. He recalled that in his early puppy-hood his mother would wear two owl feathers attached to her mane, he remembered that she had told him that his grandmother had done the same with eagle feathers. Zalen had always considered continuing the family trend, since this had been one of the very rare times his mother had mentioned his grandmother or any other relative for that matter.

Zalen left these thoughts for a moment and looked back to Luna, putting a small smile on his face that he hoped looked equally apologetic as it did sincere. He didn’t want to come off as a lunatic to her anymore and made sure to pay very close attention to what she had to say.

[html]

385(+2) :: wheee for shortness XD

Her green eyes never left his black pelt as he sat beside her, respecting the space that she had put between them. In her mind she thanked the gesture, but a small part of it felt the necessity to get closer to him. She wondered why was that. Maybe the fact that he had just rescued her had to be. But as he saw him looking at her expectantly, she pushed away those thoughts and focused on what she had to say.

"Well, the paper is actually a letter given to me by my motherShe made me promise that i would not open it until i found a family. However, when i joined AniWaya, i decided to wait a bit before opening the letter. I wanted to settle in first. But then, a friend told me that her future mate had disappeared, and i made her the promise that i would find him." Why was she telling him all this? She didn't ponder this for more than a second and instead kept on with her story. "I haven't opened it yet before i feel like i still have to fullfill a promise that i made to a friend in order to fully belong to AniWaya. And this promise implicated to travel until here and looking for somebody." Now that she explained it like this it sounded a bit childish to lengthen the wait. A chuckle escaped her parted lips when she thought about that. "Pathetic, right? but all of this is somehow special for me." A smile appeared in her lips as she looked at the marked male again.

"Now, i've explained you my reasons for being here." Once she said what she had to say, she relaxed a bit. Her voice got its chirpy tone back and she straightened herself. The difficult part of the explanation had already passed, and she considered fair that he answered her at least one question. "Now, it is your turn to tell me a bit about you being here; if you want to, of course." A shrug followed these words. Even though she had given him the option to answer if he wished, she felt as if he owed her an explanation since he had used his mouth for something else when she had first made her question.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count 379:: I consider that a decent length post, you don't have to write a novel to impress me. It's about quality not quantity.

As she spoke he got lost in her story. He imagined her mother giving her the note, her friend asking her for help finding the mate. He marveled at her sheer will power, that she could hold back her curiosity and wait before opening the note. Had his mother given him such a thing he would have read it’s contents long before a family was found. This message that lied within, it must have been very sacred to Luna for her to keep it a secret, even from herself. Zalen felt honored just to have her mention it to him.

Zalen wondered why Luna felt she had to go on this mission alone. Was something physically wrong with her friend that she could not accompany her? It was strange for so personal of a mission to be asked of someone else. Zalen hoped that Luna’s friend was indeed encumbered by something great, only then would it be acceptable to put such a lovely woman in danger. And in danger she was, there weren’t always going to be kind gentlemen to catch her from trees but there were individuals in this land more likely to inflict pain upon her then a kiss. He hoped she knew what she was getting herself into.

Then Luna asked him of his own back story and he tensed a bit. After yesterday’s strange run in with Lucia the subject of his past was even more sensitive in his chest then it usually was. But he didn’t have to tell her that far back, he could tell her more recent things, more pleasant things. With a smile he spoke, "I only live a ways away," he pointed in the vague location of his den, “I’ve just established a den, before you came calling.” he chuckled at the small joke and tension of the situation seemed to ease away.

He rolled his shoulders slightly to relieve some of his tension, “You are quite brave to go on this mission for your friend alone. Do you even know where to begin searching for her mate? Do you even know if he is still alive?” It was amazing how easily Zalen considered death when confronted with a disappearance, but life had taught him that this was the norm.

[html]

430w(+2) :: Just ignore that XD i was a bit distracted when i wrote that post. But finally, after disappearing, here i am again. Do you plan on closing this thread soon? or shall keep posting for a bit longer?

Luna had expected something more interesting coming from the ebony male sitting beside her. His story was too short and inconsistent. She tilted her head lightly as if questioning him why was he hiding his past, but she didn't push it further. He didn't want to talk about that, and she would respect his decision. Instead, she laughed along with him, playing along. She followed with her sight the direction in which he pointed, trying to see something other than the abundant trees and folliage characteristic of the Canadian forests. Maybe his home was hidden somewhere behind it.

Her eyes didn't linger on the green scenery much more, since his voice distracted her and made her focus her attention on him again. His words made her slip her gaze towards her crossed legs, her smile fading away as she tried to choose the correct words. Was it worth the risk? She had crossed these lands before as a Loner and the only treat that she had recieved had been from a pack wolf when she had gotten too close to the borders. She supposed that the risk wasn't great, and that it would be safe to spend a few days in the open field, away from her dear pack.

With resolution in her eyes, the same resolution that glimmered beneath them before, when she had been running, she looked at Zalen. "I have a vague idea about where he is, and no, i do not know whether he is still alive or not. But..." She made a small pause before going on, during which she allowed her eyes to wander away from the man. "I want to make sure that, in case that he is there, he is dead. I do not want to return with my hands empty." Her green orbs landed on his. She hoped that he understood. He called her brave, but bravery hadn't been the reason to travel until here. It had been loyalty.

The female only remained sitting for a few seconds after her speech. With a thud, she allowed herself to fall on her back. The sky wasn't very visible due to the treetops, which formed a thick jumble of branches which barely allowed some light to pass through them. Her hands rested on her belly, and her hair was spread around her head as if it were a halo. She enjoyed the company of the wolf that had saved her a few moments ago (moments that seemed like days by now), but she pondered whether it was time to part ways or not.

table by lin
<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word count 376:: Yes, it’d be probably best to wrap this up because I need to try and have all my threads finished by the time I move. That being said, this will be my last post, you can finish the thread out with a final post. Feel free to PP Zalen helping her up and wandering off. Thanks for the awesome thread :-D

He could tell that she knew he was concealing information from her when he mentioned his den but he could not bring himself to reveal his demons to her. Their brief time together had been pleasant, if not awkward, and he did not want to frighten her with his dark past. Since arriving in Nova Scotia his life had taken a turn for the better and his future looked bright. This was the information he wanted to rely on now, he did not want to open old wounds.

Zalen watched her closely as she reacted to his questions. Her face, which had just been laughing a moment ago, softened to a serious reverie. It was quite becoming on her and he was once again struck by her beauty. Had it been another place and time he might have pursued her as a mate, but now they were just strangers in the woods and having shared a kiss meant little. She was on a very difficult errand for her friend, one that could end in joyous homecomings or Luna having to return alone and with tragic news. He nodded as she explained her situation, and it was a difficult one.

He watched as the brunette girl flopped back onto the forest floor, her mind abuzz, most likely thinking about her task at hand. Zalen figured there was no use in keeping her from her mission longer then need be. Had it been him with such a task to attend to he would have expedited their meeting long ago. But Luna was polite and he respected her for that, at least her spending time with him now had put his nerves at ease and the bump on his head did not throb as badly. He smiled at her and stood to stretch, “Well Luna, I will not keep you from your journey. I wish you the best of luck in finding your friends mate.” he turned to leave to head back to his den but as he passed her he held out his hand to help her up from the ground, “It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for making sure my skull wasn’t cracked and uh… sorry again about the… well you know.” he smiled sheepishly.

[html]

Word Count :: 355(+2) :: Moon in denial -_-...It was a pleasure to have a thread with you as well XD

Her green, lively eyes stared at the treetops as she began to daydream. Her companion didn't say anything, so she felt free to allow her mind to wander off. However, she was brought back to reality within seconds when said Luperci moved, standing on his feet and stretching out. Luna observed him as he did so, a question about to leave her parted lips. Are you leaving so soon? But she restrained from asking. Yes, he had to leave, and his reasons left her satisfied. It was true, she had a quest to finish and her small accident had already delayed her enough time. He wished her luck with her mission and offered her a hand. Luna felt flattered by the gesture for some odd reason, but she accepted the help. "Thanks. I hope that he appears." When she was on her feet, she shook off the dust off her pelt, trying to get rid of all the bits of garbage that had tangled to it. Her attention was drawn to him once again when he spoke, though. "Actually, i do not mind it, but i accept your apologies. Thanks for saving me." She said, Tilting her head playfuly to a side whilst she offered him another smile. "Take care as well."

She didn't leave inmediately. Instead, she observed how the black optime disappeared within the folliage. The funny sensation that she had felt when he...kissed her, had turned into something else, something that made her feel the urge to call him again. Longing. She longed for his presence, his touch...

A shake of her head brought her out of her self absorption and decided to attribute those feelings to the gratitude that she felt for him and to the fact that he made such a good company, and focused her mind on shifting her body into the very familiar four-legged form that she used to travel. Once she was ready, she sprinted towards the direction that she remembered that led to the mountain. There she would start her search. And if she got lost...she would rather trust her smell from now on.

<style>
.freebietable-a07 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MFrah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 70px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a07 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a07 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a07 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]