M- She killed it with kisses & from it she fled
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Takes place in the afternoon Smile

Halifax was something new to her. She really couldn’t remember if she had ever really visited this place or not. Rio thought back to her past as she walked toward the concrete city, but she quickly pushed the thoughts away. Every time she thought back it reminded her of the horrible thing she’d been running from all this time. She was pissed that she couldn’t look back and think of the good times without the bad times pushing them out of the way. She scowled to herself as she walked up the stairs to a random house. She needed things. She would definitely find things here.

She stepped onto the porch of the random house with pink shudders and white slats. She instantly liked the house, it was so girly but yet so divine at the same time. She walked up to the door, and attempted to push it open. It wouldn’t budge. She growled lowly, and pushed harder. Still nothing. So then, she backed up, and with all her might she tackled the door, it now opening, and she flew inside. She landed on the dusty floor on her hands and knees. She sneezed a few times while the dust cleared away. Her black fur now caked with gray dust, she shook what she could off, and then got up.

She brushed the other crap from her arms, shoulders, and head and snorted. The house was really nothing inside. It was destroyed for the most part, the furniture had been thrown everywhere like someone was violently looking for something or someone else, and most of what could’ve been valuable to her downstairs was all broken. She stepped into the kitchen, only to feel a sharp pain in the right pad in her foot. She leaned against a wall to pick up her foot. A large piece of glass was sticking out, and she winced just looking at it. Carefully gripping the glass with her thumb and index fingers, she squeezed her eyes shut. She pulled the glass out, and she felt better already. She put her foot down and lipped toward the door. Fuck this house.

When she managed to get to the porch, she sat on the stairs and examined her foot. The wound was deep and stung crazily. She growled at her own clumsiness. Why wasn’t she careful? She saw that everything was broken, why didn’t she think of glass? It was all her fault. She put her foot down on the pink steps, leaving a bloody paw print underneath, and stared out into the city with a pissed off look on her face.

Placing her foot on the dirty stairs was not a smart idea, and it stung wildly still. She growled again, and moved it, leaving a bloody paw print behind. She stretched it out so that it wasn’t touching anything. She laid back on the stairs on her back, bringing her hands up to her eyes. She rubbed them in annoyance with herself, and kept her hands there, blocking out the annoying light.

Word Count → 509

Points → 5

Image courtesy of 36821100@N04@Flickr.

<style>
.rio-suntree .padded {width:280px;height:215px; float:left; }
.rio-suntree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.rio-suntree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rio-suntree b {color:#F2BBBA; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.rio-suntree {background-color:#6B3534; border:1px solid #F2BBBA; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F1111; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YCdfY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC:300+

Two large feet shuffled across the city. It had been a rather non-eventful day in the city as usual for the giant. Not many loners cared to talk to a pack wolf twice their size anyway and so he was usually avoided when he came to Halifax. He had spent the morning trekking his way across the shore and had only been in the concrete jungle for a few hours now, just long enough to find a few new things. Along his ventures he has run across an old medical kit which looked like it may become of use to Amata, after all it was no use to him. He had also ran across one brave coyote selling baked goods that he had make over the fire, needless to say the happy giant munched on a bun and carried a cloth full of them in his backpack. The last thing he had found was more to his liking, a slim dagger which curved at the top . The weapon wouldn't be good for stabbing but it certainly was suited for slicing.

Things had been a little strange at home lately. Ghita seemed more distant and was always wandering around now that the pups were teenagers. Tony, Lorenzo and Fia were grown into their two legs and had begun to explore, much like their older siblings and their mother. Why had he mated with the girl with the wild heart? Jazper was a very down to earth male, someone who would patrol the boarders every day with little complaint and bring his family a large stag for dinner but in this case he felt at a loss. A foot stole his attention from his thoughts as he turned the corner. Why in the name of Fenris did someone have their foot stickin' out? As he approached he called, “Hello there!” Finally he was mere steps away and he could see the blood on the girls foot. “How did you do that lil' lady?” He chuckled lightly. It seemed pretty difficult to get such a wound on your foot.

[/html]
[html]

Ooc.

She lay there with her hands over her eyes, until a voice broke her thought. She removed her hands and sat up, still keeping her foot elevated off the dirty stairs. It still stung greatly, but she ignored the pain. It was only making her madder that she wouldn’t be able to walk anywhere without being extremely slow now. His chuckle set her off even though he was only trying to be friendly, ”I don’t see anything funny about this.” She pointed to her bloody, injured foot with her nose toward the end of the sentence.

She was a little overwhelmed when she saw the man who stood before her, but still not afraid. He was really tall, and was eating. A muffin, as it looked like. He seemed to know how to take care of himself as he was equipped with a sword strapped on his body. Well, he would have to learn how to deal with her first. She was still mad, and she managed to mumble angrily, ”Glass…” She brought her foot closer so that she would be able to look at it again. Now the large gash in her pad had dirt caked onto it and it looked worse than before. Definite infection. She growled at the sight of it, and the pain. Why did I have to be so clumsy? She still blamed herself for it, even though it wasn’t her fault. How was she supposed to know there would be glass on the floor? She didn’t, until she felt it.

This was her first time in Halifax since she had come back to Souls’ and already she’s wounded. She scowled at the thought. She wouldn’t be walking right for a while, now, unless she found herself a good medic. She looked at the male before her looking for some medical equipment on him, but she didn’t see any but a first aid kit. She doubted the old kit would help her. Human things expired after a while. They dry up and shrivel just like they did. Dead. Shriveled. Done.

Word Count → 345

Points → 3

Image courtesy of 36821100@N04@Flickr.

<style>
.rio-suntree .padded {width:280px;height:215px; float:left; }
.rio-suntree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.rio-suntree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rio-suntree b {color:#F2BBBA; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.rio-suntree {background-color:#6B3534; border:1px solid #F2BBBA; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F1111; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YCdfY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... ableII.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He had only meant to start off the conversation on a light note but had clearly managed to offend the girl in an extremely short period of time. I was just his luck that he would find a damsel in distress that wasn’t particularly looking for help. “Sorry.” He apologized, guilt lacing the word. The moment passes and he hesitantly took a seat about a meter away from the coal colored girl. With a quick sniff it was evident that the wolfess was not apart of any pack he knew of, in fact he couldn’t smell much of any one specific scent on her. Quickly finishing the last bite of his snack Jazper took another glance at the foot.
“You aren’t going to get very far on that. I have some bandages but you need to get to a water source.”

Looking around he tried to determine how long it would take to get to the shore. He had been walking through the city for quite some time now and was fairly sure that the shore wasn’t too far off.
“I could help you get to the ocean so you can clean it up if you want?” Not sure of how the dark lady would take his offer he decided to quickly introduce himself in hoped of reassuring her.
“I’m Jazper Rhiannon-Knight from Crimson Dreams.” The pack wasn’t a very long hike from Halifax so he assumed the fay would know the name. Reaching into his pack the giant pulled out the cloth bag of pastries and pushed the bag, still warm, towards the loner. The boys would enjoy the treats, though they weren’t the regular diet of wolves. The luperci world seemed to live very differently than the natural world and that was something his pups would never know. They were blessed to be brought into a world so far ahead from the wild.

[/html]
[html]
Ooc.

The other male seemed like he meant no harm, but the stress Rio was in right now she didn’t care. Everything ticked her off. She watched the brute take a seat out of the corner of her eye while she pretended to be concentrated on her wound. She paid very close attention to what he was doing without even looking at him. Then he offered her help. Rio froze inside herself. She could either be a bitter fool and reject his help, or she could lighten up and let him help her. She looked up at the male, and nodded. She still wasn’t smiling.

The brute introduced himself as Jazper. Now why does that sound strangely familiar? She wondered to herself, but with no prevail. She mumbled in response, ”Rio Marino from nowhere.” She wondered if he really was someone familiar to her, and would he recognize her name if he was? Jazper took out a small bag full of something that smelled good. Her nose began to react to the wonderful smells escaping from the cloth, but she didn’t want him to notice her interest in the food. When he pushed the bag toward her, she looked at it for a split second before looking away. Meeting strangers was awkward for her, and she needed some getting used to it.

The beautiful smells from inside the pouch were calling her name, and they forced her head to turn and look at the small pile of somethings inside their covering. She carefully placed her foot down, and reached to unveil the food stuff. She carefully took one of the sweetened items, and pushed the bag back to him slowly. ”Thank you.” Her voice was kinder now as she realized he was trying to make peace. She bit into the treat and it was like instant heaven in her mouth. Nothing she had ever tasted was quite like this, and it was even better than honey. Even better than drugs.

She smiled as she chewed, glad that he offered sudden heaven to her. When she finished the snack, she slowly got up. She gripped the banister of the porch, putting pressure on her good leg and trying to not let her wounded foot touch the ground. It would have to, though, because somehow she was going to walk to the beach.

Word Count: 390

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly21 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa1c1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dcdfe5; }
.freebjuly21 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly21 {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KV9WB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0cc; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485c6f; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The mumbled words caught his attention more than her bloody foot or her negative attitude. It was easy for Jazper to ignore a few glares or grumbles but when he heard the name Marino his ears instantly popped up in surprise. “Marino?” He questioned dumbly. Raking his brain for an answer he quickly realized that this must be one of Ehno and Naniko’s pups. Somewhere in his brain he had assumed they would all take Naniko’s name but clearly that wasn’t the case. “You’re Naniko and Ehno’s daughter.” The statement quickly followed the question allowing the girl no time to poke fun at what would have been preserved as a useless question. The girl was older than the warrior had expected but it was obvious, now more than ever, that time flew by quicker than you would believe. It seemed like it was only months ago that Ehno had confessed that he was the father of Naniko’s unborn children.

It hit the Knight that his sudden knowledge of Rio’s parents might need and explanation and he was more than happy to oblige. “I’m your father’s sister Ghita’s mate. I’ve known Savina since I was a pup and Ehno and my mate since they arrived from Italy. I also was very close to your mother when she was a member of Crimson Dreams. I often thought of her like an aunt to me since I had no blood ties when I was a pup.” Stopping himself from giving a life story he closed his muzzle contently watching as Rio enjoyed the treat. A large goofy smile appeared at her happier tone and he rose to his feet at the same time the dark wolfess did hesitant to let her attempt to move by herself. “Here, lean on me.” It was common enough knowledge that the Marino line was made up of very proud women but she wouldn’t get very far balancing on one foot.

[/html]
[html]
Maybe we can have another thread where Jazper attempts to find Ehno (I know Ehno's a npc at the moment), but yeahh. And he could turn up empty-pawed or something.

Rio’s attention was caught by the brute’s sudden realization of who she was. She still clung to the banister, but was now looking at him skeptically and curiously. He seemed to be caught up in his own thought, and quickly explained his weird knowledge of her. She listened intently to his explanation, and realized that they were somehow related. ”So, you’re my uncle?” Rio managed to say stupidly. Soaking more of it in, she added, ”But an uncle-brother, since my mom was like an aunt to you… Or cousin-brother, more so.” She said it slowly, kind of in thought about it herself. She corrected herself when she realized more and more about it. She nodded when she was finished speaking, now understanding what kind of family ties they had.

It was also evident that maybe this Uncle-cousin Jazper knew about her father’s whereabouts. ”Can you help me find my father?” The question was out of topic for sure, but she had no luck with doing the task on her own. Her aunt wanted nothing to do with her when she made herself present on Crimson Dreams borders. She wasn’t any help, and it also seemed like Ghita didn’t like her very much. It wasn’t anything that serious to Rio, but she just wished she knew what she did before someone began disliking her. ”I don’t think Aunt Ghita likes me very much, and I wish I knew why.”

Uncle-cousin Jazper offered an arm out to her as she struggled to move, not touching the filthy ground with the other foot. It was impossible, though, as she needed it to walk. She limped down the few stairs that were left and grabbed onto Jazper’s arm, steadying herself. As they started to walk toward the beach, Rio reluctantly put her injured foot on the ground. The ground made the wound sting painfully, but she managed to keep her emotions on the low. Her face scrunched with every painful step toward the shoreline. The sand would probably make it worse if it wasn’t already caked with dirt and concrete bits.

Word Count: 346

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly21 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa1c1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dcdfe5; }
.freebjuly21 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly21 {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KV9WB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0cc; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485c6f; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+

[/html]