nothing ever happens by itself
Set in the village outside of Luna's hut, late afternoon. Forward-dated to July 19. Claudius thinks it's Liliana's hut so he will be a little surprised! :o (WC: 332)

Claudius slowly made his way from his cave to the village. Since the announcement by Maska, he had mulled over the changes a lot in his head. What did this all mean? He still didn’t understand what Maska meant when he said Dawali had lied to them and that he didn’t had a right to claim the title of Chief. He suspected it was the name itself: only that Aacha Acka fellow in the ‘real’ tribe could be the Kalona. But even then, Claudius thought that was a bit pretentious. Hadn’t the point of this AniWaya been to find a new home? The intention was for everyone in the old tribe to follow to this new one. If things had been so bad in the old one, why hadn’t they moved? If they didn’t mind their complacency, he didn’t understand why they thought they could dictate how these AniWayans should live their lives. If anything, Claudius thought this meant this AniWaya should no longer be associated with the old one if this was how they tended to behave.

The same feeling of hot anger bubbled up inside Claudius as he thought about this. This old tribe was despicable. He felt so angry, but he didn’t know what to do with this anger, so he continued to pace.

Soon, he wasn’t just pacing: he was walking, jogging, and then running. He ran as fast as he could, ripping through the landscape and tearing at trees as he ran. After ten minutes, he was winded, but he kept going. He didn’t stop until he reached the village and he didn’t stop until he found a hut. He flopped down on the ground onto his back and stared up at the sky. His breathing was laboured and his side was throbbing in pain. His body was not used to this sort of exercise in his Optime form. He frowned and put a hand over his eyes. It looked like it was going to rain tonight.
[html]

386w(+2)

Finally at home. Finally a familiar place. These were the thoughts on the Kunikoti's head as she moved past the limits of AniWaya, exhausted. That hadn't ben a good week, and all that she wanted right now was to reach her hut and collapse on the old matress where she used to sleep. But she knew that she had to give some bad news first to one of her dearest friends. Ayasha. The white wolfess had put all her faith on her to find and retrieve Roran to her side. But, even thought she had looked for him all over the place, she didn't catch a glimpse of his white fur, which confirmed her fears. He had gone, probably forever.

And she had her own frustrations as well. The letter that her mother had given to her, one that she had treasured for many months, was gone. She had lost it one night god-knows-how. She felt as if her head would explode in any minute, so she focused on her sore limbs as she ran, trying to push everything away.

She felt as if she had been running for ages when she reached her lair. However, she felt as if something had changed. The smell of foreigner wolves was all over the place. But, unlike the first time that she had visited AniWaya, this smell sent chills down her spine. The female made a pause to shift into her Optime form, and as soon as she was on two legs, she walked into the village cautiously, grasping her necklace. Once she spotted her hut, a new smell appeared; but unlike the other, this one didn't made her uneasy. However, she made the slightest sound as possible as she walked towards the door. She wasn't prepared for that.

A male, probably younger than her, laid on the floor, panting heavily, as if he had been running. Her eyes opened widely at the view, feeling both invaded and curious about this wolf. Her head still hurted, but she did everything to shove it elsewhere and kneeled next to the man, touching the arm that covered his face. "Hey! are you ok?" The possibility that he was sick crossed her mind, so she complemented her phrase, this time with a tone of urgency. "Do you feel good, need anything?"

Luna lives "Luna says" Luna thinks "Ghost says"

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Claudius heard someone approaching, but was too tired to react immediately or quickly. When the wolf knelt down beside him, he pulled his forearm off his eyes, opened his eyes, and then looked up. He frowned, trying to determine whether this was Liliana. She was tall, dark-furred, and in Optime, but she didn’t smell like Liliana. Once she spoke, Claudius realized this was indeed someone else. An AniWayan, for sure, but not Liliana. Wasn’t he at her hut? He pushed himself up onto his elbows and looked around, trying to figure out where he was. He was in the village, but this was definitely not Liliana’s home.

The wolf spoke again and he returned his attention to her. She looked a little worried and spoke quickly. Claudius shook his head in reply, but then felt a little dizzy.

“U-uh,” he stuttered, and then looked away. He was embarrassed; he didn’t want her to know how poorly he stuttered. “I-I’m s-sorry… I… I l-lying here, I… was g-g-g-going to f-find Li-li-li-a-a-a-ana, b-but I w-went to the wr-ong hu-ut. I w-was just v-very t-tired fro-o-om ru-u-ning,” he explained. “I-I’m s-sorry f-for b-bothering you,” he added, wide-eyed.
[html]

345(+2)/ We are still with the idea of the tea, right? XD

To farewell the male, to go straight to her hut and go to sleep. That was all that Luna wanted to do right now. But she forced her droppy eyes open and looked at the stranger, who straightened up immediately when he heard her voice. Luna felt relieved when she made sure that he wasn't injured, but he seemed nervous and exhausted, very much like she was. "It's ok." She said with a kind smile. "There's no real problem, everybody gets confused every once in a while." The name that he mentioned was unknown to her, but she was too tired to ask about it, so she stood up instead offered her hand for him to take it. "You seem to need a good rest." She pointed out, looking at how his chest moved up and down, faster than usual. A smile finally managed to appear in her face, trying to hide her tiredness, which seemed to fade when she ignored it. "If you want you can rest here for a while before looking for your friend...err...Liliana. Just make yourself confortable." She said, showing hospitality to the man.

Once the male was on his feet, Luna entered her house and examined it. Her absence had left print, as the thin layer of dust in the entrance and the dried plants in the kitchen showed. Her eyes traveled across the stance, passing by the entrance to the other rooms, the kitchen that she used as a storage place, the chimney, and the piece of hide next to the entrance, which right now seemed inviting for her to lay in. Also, her eyes stopped upon the note that she had left before leaving, untouched, on her table. Apparently nobody had touched it. With a sigh, she took the piece of paper as she stopped by the table and threw it to the chimney. With a slow movement, she turned her head to the male's direction, her kind smile not falling from it's place. "By the way, I'm Luna Sabino, Kunikoti. May i know your name?"

<style type="text/css">
.free-table- b {font-weight:bold; color:#AEDE68; letter-spacing:1px; }
.free-table- .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.free-table- p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.free-table- {margin:0px auto; width:418px; background-color:#428A00; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V1jF3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 30px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#A1CF2F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
WC: 505. Idiom of the week: "all the rage".

She looked a little relieved when Claudius sat up, but he wasn’t sure why. Did she think he was dead? He hoped not, since then he would feel really bad, since he didn’t want to go around flinging himself onto others’ porches and playing dead. That just sounded cruel. She said that it was fine that he was intruding, and that folks can get confused sometimes. Claudius lowered his ears when he said that, hoping she didn’t think he was particularly confused. He felt very bad and very dumb for having done this. This was obviously not the right way to go about making friends; though, that certainly had not been his intent.

She stood up and held out a hand. Claudius pondered whether he should take it and decided that he would, since he needed all the help he could get. He pushed himself off his elbows and onto his bum and then reached out with his own arm and clasped her hand with his own. He put the palm of his other hand on the ground and pushed himself to his feet, with the other wolf’s assistance. She offered him a space in her house to rest, to which Claudius glanced around nervously, wondering if he should accept. It would seem rude if he turned it down, but he didn’t think Liliana was home anyway. Her hut down the road looked a little quiet (now that he could see where it was) and so he decided to accept. He nodded quietly and followed the girl into her home.

He looked around as she invited him in, wondering why there was so much dust. It wasn’t that there was a lot, just that it was there, which meant she had not been home in a while. Where had she gone? Claudius wanted to ask, but held his tongue, knowing it was not his place. He watched as she strode across the threshold, plucked a piece of paper from the table, and then flung it into her chimney. Claudius stared, wide-eyed, for he did not have any of these things. Compared to other AniWayans, he lived a very rugged and simplistic lifestyle without things such as tables or fireplaces. It seemed as though fancy living quarters were all the rage in AniWaya and Claudius had not yet caught on to the trend.

The girl turned around and then introduced herself as the Kunikoti, Luna Sabino, of the pack. Claudius nodded quietly and then moved to introduce himself.

“I-I’m C-c-c-c-claudius,” he began. “C…laudius Aston. I-I… I a-a-ha-am a Gatlvska. I d-dye th-i-ings diff-e-e-ere-ent co-o-lours,” he explained. He wasn’t sure if she would know what he did, and he was a little worried he had stuttered so much that it sounded like he ‘died things,’ as if he killed them. He certainly did not want to give her the wrong impression, since he was far too meek for anything of the sort and he just wanted to be perfectly clear to compensate for how badly he stuttered.
[html]

Word Count :: 417(+2) :: Still want some tea for Claudius? XD

Luna wondered why was this guy stuttering that much. Was he too shy or too scared? she didn't succeed in finding a reason why he could be scared. Had she said something wrong? as she walked towards the dusty piece of hide that laid on the floor she recalled her words to try to find her slide. No offense had been pronounced from her lips, so she decided that the stuttering attitude of the man was part of him. However, she tried to reassure him moving softly while she kneeled on the makeshift seat and dusted it off. Her dark hand patted a spot in front of her to indicate Claudius that he could take a sit. Her gaze was reassuring and friendly as she answered his statement. "You do? That seemes like an interesting rank. I have learned the coloring properties of some herbs, but i have never tried to apply them." she shrugged. If her memmory didn't fail her, she had met another craftsman (or rather 'woman') before leaving.

The small residence seemed quite luxurious in the outside, and maybe it was, but Luna didn't really care about this aspect. This space wasn't solely hers, and she would share it with whoever needed it. After all, it seemed to be difficult to find another place in the same good conditions in which she had found this one. And she would gladly share her space with this young man. "You can sit down here." She said, with a smile, one of her hands caressing the surface of the hide in which she was kneeling. "Or maybe in one of the chairs..." She scratched the back of her head at this point. "I don't know what would you prefer..."

The woman stood up and watched Claudius make his election. But then, more important matters occupied her head, a sign of her sudden realization being her eyes widening slightly. "And, Claudius, i would like to ask you something." Her gaze turned to the young's creamy pelt. "Do you know what has been up in the tribe recently? I was away for a few days, and there are new smells." Rather than the smell, the sensations that came with them was what made her uneasy. She closed her eyes for a second and then reopened them, concern lingering on her green orbs. Her tail twitched as well, but she tried to disimulate her display of anxiousness as much as she cold. "Do you know what has happened to AniWaya?"

<style>
.freebietable-a07 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MFrah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 70px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a07 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a07 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a07 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
Whoops! I forgot to respond to your question earlier. Yes to tea! Smile (WC: 348, idiom of the week = "doubting Thomas")

[html]
[/html]He followed her hand with his eyes as she gestured to a spot on the floor and then patted it with her hands. Still, he hesitated for a moment before he took a few slow steps forward to where Luna was. He slowly sank to a crouch and then leaned back onto his outstretched hands behind him to catch himself. He pulled his knees up, stretched them out in front of himself, and then pulled them in to a cross-legged sitting position. He tried to keep his gaze on Luna, since he relied so very much on body language to understand others. She didn’t seem to be upset at the intrusion, and in fact, seemed more curious than anything. Claudius never would have thought himself to be a very interesting fellow, but it seemed as though something he had said had caught her attention. In this regard, he was very much a doubting Thomas since he wouldn’t really believe that he was interesting until he was given very solid evidence of the fact.

When she piped up again, Claudius realized that perhaps he could be useful, even if he wasn’t interesting. He did indeed know what had happened, but was somewhat distracted by the mention of her absence. Why had she been gone for a few days? That seemed like an awfully long time to be away from one’s home and Claudius didn’t think he could do it.

“W-we-ell,” he began slowly and he tried to collect his thoughts, “s-s-s-o-ome… one f-r-rom the o-ri-riginal t-tribe came he-e-e-re. Ma-a-a-aska A-a-a-hote. Mas…ka… Ahote. H-he said th-that Dawali d-didn’t ha-ave the right to ru-ule here and that Da-wa-ali was lying to u-us.” He frowned, trying to figure out how to explain this better. “It seems as though there is… some sort of… me-eaning to the title Ka-ha-ha-lon…a and that Dawali can’t be the K-a-alona be-e-cause there is a-a-nother Kalona… in the original tri-ibe. I don’t really understand why it ma-a-a-tter-s-s-s, but it seems impor-or-tant to Ah-o-ote. He’s very angry with how AniWaya is being r-run. There... aren't e-e-enough warriors, they s-s-aid.”[html]
[/html]
[html]
642(+5) :: Ignore the initial ramble XP But there is the tea thingie...and some chit-chat XD

His explanation of the facts had not been very consistent due to his stutter, but Luna catched most of it. And the more the young man spoke, the wider her eyes opened. That Dawali had comitted a crime was like to say that a deer had killed a wolf...or that was the comparison that she had made. She could not believe that. But also, she was yet to fully understand the AniWayan laws, which were much the same as the Great Tribe's. Dawali had kept his pack in a good state for a long time --the way the pack looked when she first arrived told so-- and everybody liked him. Why would somebody snatch all of this away from the tribe just because somebody else said so? This had little to no sense for the nature lover, who would first look for the well being of things before following stupid laws.

As she pondered about those things, the female turned her back to Claudius, her tail twitching behind her as a sign of uneasyness. There were a few branches left in the fireplace, so she decided to prepare something for both her and her guest. She had no meat, but she had some herbs that would do a good tea. But first, she had to turn on the fire. She had learned how to do it from her mother, and the process didn't take her more than ten minutes. But these actions had a purpose other than preparing a hot drink. She wanted to keep have some time to ponder about what the crafter had said. "I don't understand either." She said once the fire was crepting, consuming the little wood with which it was fed before Luna fetched a few more from the kitchen and placed them on the chimney, observing how the flames caressed the wood. "They say that they need more warriors then..." She eyed at the fire with shiftey eyes as she brushed off her padded hands and loked at Claudius agan, this time smiling kindly. "I am going to prepare some tea. I do not know whether you have tasted it or not, but i think that you will like it." Tea was one of the many things that she had learned to elaboate thanks to her mother and that she missed about her. Said hot drink, when prepared correctly, was a great medicine. And it was also delicious. "Just let me get some water." She said, trotting towards her kitchen and grabbing two small bowls and running out of her house.

Luckly she had installed herself not very far away from the river, but the trip had taken her about twenty minutes, maybe more considering that she had had to walk so the water didn't spill. Once she entered her house, she headed directly to the chimney and left the bowls there. The fire was hot enough so the water would heat fast. Once making sure that everything was in order there, she turned to the blue eyed man with an apology plastered on her features. "I am sorry for making you wait...but i think that it will be worth it." She took her place beside her guest once again and showed him a reassuring smile, telling him that he could relax. "Now, thanks for informing me about this situation...I do not know how have things been for the other AniWayans, but i hope that they are ok." The last part was more for herself than for him. "If you do not want to talk about it, then it is ok, but tell me." Her green gemstones were focused on the old cowhime in which they were sitting as she spoke. "Do you know how have the others reacted to all of this? To the new 'need' of warriors and the new...leadership?"

<style>
.zero-pink p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-pink b {color:#f74883; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-pink {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#a0143b; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#f5efcb; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/pink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #babf8d; width:400px;}
</style>
[/html]
Sorry this got so long! I rarely write this much derp! WC: 735

[html]
[/html]Claudius nodded cautiously when he saw Luna begin to ponder his words. He wanted to let her know that he understood -- very well, in fact -- of what she was going through. He had attended the meeting where Dawali had been publicly shamed and he had felt just as confused as she was. He had also spied on Wematin’s gathering and had been so horribly crushed when he realized that they were speaking in Cherokee, a language no one ever used in AniWaya. It had hurt to know that this ceremonial language, which had sounded so beautiful, could be so meaningless and full of vicious promises. When Wematin had spoken in English, he had expressed his displeasure at their lack of warriors -- or supplies. That would have been a direct order from Maska, but Claudius didn’t understand why it mattered. Were they preparing for war? Were they preparing to go to war?

She echoed his words back at him and reiterated that they needed more warriors. He didn’t mention that he was planning on being one of those warriors. She didn’t need to know: not yet. Luckily, she redirected the conversation by offering him some tea. He responded with an enthusiastic nod since he did not trust himself to speak. And then, just as quickly as she had offered it, she was gone.

Claudius sat on the ground, somewhat dazed, wondering why she had left in such a hurry. Had he said something wrong? He would have gladly helped to fetch the water, but since she didn’t offer, and he didn’t know where she’d gone, he decided to wait for her return.

It was a bit awkward sitting in someone’s empty home without the homeowner nearby. He felt very self-conscious and wondered if he was doing it right. Was there any right way to do that? He knew he was just being paranoid, but he felt weird just sitting and waiting.

She returned twenty minutes later with two somewhat-full bowls of water. Claudius knew he would have returned with much less: he was such a klutz that he would have spilled much more along the way. He moved to stand up and help her, but again, she was too quick and before he knew it, she had already moved from one end of the hut to the other and had placed the bowls by the fire to boil. She turned around with a horribly worried expression, and for a moment, Claudius was struck with fear. What had happened? Should he have helped? Had she encountered Wematin or Maska on the way?

When she spoke, he realized that none of his fears were correct: she had just been concerned for making him wait. He considered mentioning that he would have been glad to help, but he didn’t know if it would make her feel better or worse. He decided to keep quiet, since she looked like she was on the verge of saying something else. He was glad he did, since she had even more questions. Claudius was quiet as he pondered them, and then when he was certain, he replied slowly.

“They... w-were all vuh-vuh-err-err-y upset. Some were... qu-i-e-e-et l-like I w-w-was. I w-was just so sh-ho-ho-ho-o-ocked. Some were... v-v-v-ery disrespectful. One w-w-wolf, a buh-buh-rown one wuh-was a-a-a-trocio-o-ous,” he added. “I don’t know if y-y-y-ou know him, o-or... b-b-but... he wa-a-as v-v-ery upset. He ha-a-d a st-s-st-rong accent... and wh-i-ite eyes. I o-only mention this... bec-c-cause it was... very sh-shameful. The newcomers a-a-already thou-ought poorly of us and he-e-e-e ma-ade us l-look very ba-a-ad. I’ve... never met him before... and I’ve lived here f-f-for two... y-years... so...” He trailed off, unsure of what to say next. Trying to conquer his stutter, he added: “there was... some trouble... w-w-w-ith the w-w-warrior me-ee-eeting. Some y-y-young wolf, a wh-wh-white one st-stumbled in and... ignored... We-we-wematin, o-one of th-the new A-A-A-AniWa-a-ayan newcomers... I d-d-don’t know h-h-ow... but, be... be care-f-f-ful around them. Th...ey... f-f-follow the old ways... and th-th-the new members wh-who we-e-e-ren’t born in... Ani...Waya d-d-don’t really under...stand.” He collected himself, preparing for one last word: “and I would love some tea.” By now, he thought it might be done, so he was really hoping to have some tea. His throat hurt from talking so much, so some soothing tea would really calm him -- and his shaking voice -- down. [html]
[/html]
[html]

465(+2) :: No prob Tongue I luffed eet!! XD

Her attention never faltered, ears perked up and eyes staring at the man's features, trying to catch as much information as she could from his stuttering words. The stutters, she did not mind, but the difficulty with which she was picking up some of the words, added to her exhaustion weren't making a good combination. However, what she did get was the fact that one of the AniWayans had spoken out of place and had earned for him and for the whole tribe the title of 'disrespectful' and 'shameless'. The physical description rang a bell in her mind, which reminded her of the kind man who had offered to share his knowledgement on one of the most preciated animals to the pack. León Austral was the name, and it seemed difficult to picture the man who had found her in the stables all those days ago and the one that was being described by Claudius as the same.

Her gaze slipped away from his companion's slender frame and instead rested on the cow hide beneath her. Her ears were still perked forward, listening at the shy man's stuttering voice, and the warning that he gave her rang in her ears for longer. To speak pests of somebody who held a respectable rank within the pack meant something, specially if you were being warned about him. Her eyes were casted upwards as soon as her packmate's voice changed it's tone and the stutter left. His excited statement was all she needed to rise her mood, which was expressed by her armonious laughter. Placing a few strands of hair back in their place she tried to calm herself before speaking again. "I will be careful, i promise." She said as she reassured the other with her eyes. In some way this male sympathized her. Not only did he confused easily, ending in her hut instead that in the one that he should've gone, but his features, his movements, his demeanor...all of that reminde her of someboy younger than her. "I think that it would be better to change the topic..." Now that she had a general panoram on what was happening around and why had she felt so strange when she had first arrived, she felt like relieving the tension that it produced by only having a friendly chit-chat. Her signature smile never left her features as she intended to speak about something easier for both of them to handle. "Tell me about you. I don't think that I've ever seen you around before. How did you arrive to AniWaya?" Curiosity gleamed beneath the light green of her gaze as she divided her attention between the cream hued man before her and the boiling water, her ears tilting towards the chimney every now and then.

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
WC: 411

Her reassurance did nothing to reassure him. He didn’t know her well enough, so he didn’t know if she would really be careful. She couldn’t know, after all, of what the traditional AniWayans were capable of; she hadn’t been at the meeting. He could warn her, but he feared she would have to learn for herself and he didn’t want that. It honestly scared him to think that she might get herself in trouble. Claudius definitely didn’t want anything bad happening to her when she seemed so nice. But he knew that nice wasn’t good enough for Maska; not when the old values were at stake. Luna didn’t know these old values, and from the looks of it, she was rather new to AniWaya, too. Newer, at least; her scent told this story.

Claudius felt his mouth twitch when she suggested they change the topic. The twitch felt surprisingly like a smile in disguise. Although she wasn’t very subtle, he didn’t mind changing gears. He didn’t want to ignore the real issues at hand, but he could only push someone so far before they broke; he knew that well himself.

When she asked him how he ‘arrived’ at AniWaya, he had to laugh. It was a quiet chuckle, for he did not want to make her feel bad. It was just funny to him because AniWaya had been his home for two years now, and so, he did not so much arrive as originate here.

“I w-a-a-a-s bo-orn he-ere,” he explained with a small chuckle. “I’ve... lived... he-ere for... two years,” he added. Now that he was feeling less awkward around his host, he was able to tame his stutter and his wildly beating heart. Although it was embarrassing that she could not tell he had lived here for so long -- somehow that had to be his fault -- he nonetheless didn’t mind the question. “I kee-ee-p t-t-t-o myse-e-elf. I u-used to li-i-ve with my fa-a-mily until the-e-y left. Bu-ut whe-en I was younger... there were... a lot of u-us. My mo-other, sisters, bro... br... brother... aunt... and... cou-ou-ousins.” His tone darkened slightly when he mentioned his brother and he struggled to pluralize sisters, but otherwise his tone was light. It had been so good when everyone had been together, like a real family. Maybe that was why he struggled so much to create his own family and his own home by himself; it had always been so easy before.
[html]

541(+5) :: New rant reply here!! XD Sorry for the delay.

The fact that he had been born to the pack and that he was now all alone, made the girl cast her green eyes down. She felt a bit sorry for him. It wasn't a nice thing to see your beloved ones go away, and she knew it first hand (though Liam had left behind her back). But she rose her gaze shortly after to show a sympathetic grin. "Then i think that I've been too enclustered inside my own world not to see you." She said, trying to add some humour to the situation. "I should've met you by now." She wanted to add a chuckle to this, but she couldn't, instead, she erased the smile off her face slowly, this time actually pondering about Claudius' situation. "But...sorry for what has happened to you. I know what it is to loose somebody close to you, to felt abandoned by it." She did not refer to her ex-lover further, for this was a topic that she did not want to speak out loud in front of somebody that she just met and because...she just did not know a lot about him. It was like he had taken her memories along with him.

A fast glance towards the fireplace warned her about the heating water, which was almost boiling by now. She made a sign with her thumb and her index finger, indicating the artisian to wait for a minute, and left in the direction of her small herbary. She had made sure to keep everything safely, and it seemed like the plants had survived all those days. She picked up a few dried leaved from a plant which's taste rather strong, fennel, and also took another kind of plant, spearmint, in case that her guest enjoyed softer flavours. Her next stop was the fireplace, and once her soft steps led her to said place, she grabbed the containers from the less hot side, and finally went back to her former place. "Here it is." She sat cross legged in front of the paler man. "Now, i am not exactly an expert on family issues" She made a small pause as she extended both hands towards Claudius. One held the strong flavored plant. The other one held the plant which's flavour was softer. "but..." She hesitated a bit, still waiting for the wolf to choose the infusion of his preference. "...i think that you have plenty of friends and people who appreciate you here." Since she had arrived to AniWaya, nothing but happy smiles and welcoming arms had been found...so far. As it was her habit, she had been staring at the shy man the whole time, but her gaze was casted towards both herbs when she became aware of the two steamy cups between them. "So, which one do you want?" she asked, her chirpy tone back. "This one has a stronger flavour than this one." She lifted one hand after the other to indicate which plant was which. Then she looked upwards, this time her lime coloured eyes finding his blue ones. He has nice eyes. She realized, but her gaze did not linger on his for longer, for she moved it back to the dehydratated plants.

table by lin
<style>
</style>
[/html]
B'AWWW Big Grin Luna is so cute! (WC: 346).
[html]
[/html]When the girl claimed that she had been too self-absorbed to have met him yet, Claudius had to reply with an energetic shake of his head. No, she was far too kind to be more selfish than he; if anyone was to blame, it was definitely him. He was a social recluse who had driven himself to hysteria following his family’s departure. After that, it had taken him months to pull himself out of his cave to do anything more than hunt. He’d been a wreck after that; he had barely eaten and had not interacted with anyone for four months. He’d wasted away and only begun to revive himself when his sister had returned. It had been nice living with Oce for a few months, but like the rest of his family, she’d left again and his anxiety had worsened. Being alone hurt, but it was much scarier to be around anyone else.

He lowered his gaze when she offered her condolences. He didn’t know how to respond, so this time, he just gave her a small nod in response. Claudius didn’t know if it would be appropriate to say ‘thank you,’ so he didn’t say anything at all.

After a short pause, the girl dashed off to tend to the tea. Claudius wasn’t too sure how it all worked, since he had never made tea before and neither had his mother, but she seemed busy enough. Claudius guessed she’d done this before; she looked very proficient bustling around her home collecting things. She returned with two handfuls of dried plants, each with their own distinct smell. When she asked him which he would prefer, Claudius hesitated before answering, unsure if he was allowed to pick both.

“What a-a-about… b-o-oth?” he asked hesitantly. “C-a-a-an I do-o-o th-ha-ha-at? The-e-ey bo-oth sme-ell ver-r-r-y ni-c-ce.” He reached out with one of his own hands to touch one of the plants, but hesitated, and ended up brushing his hand against hers. He quickly blushed – not that it was visible under his fur – and then turned away slightly, visibly embarassed.[html]
[/html]
[html]

361(+2) :: Claudius is too XD hehe, i'm trying to find my muse again :S but luckly my job here is done *goes back to doing homework*

The girl had indeed felt the light brush of Claudius' hand with hers, but didn't really pay much attention to that, neither to his embarrassment. She was rather focused on the image of his eyes. She had seen blue eyes before, but his looked particulary beautiful. Maybe because of the things that he had had to endure? she didn't know.

"All right. You can have both then!" She said with a chirpy voice, breaking her train of thoughts as she did so. She was just having some tea. It wasn't the big thing, even though she really enjoyed having a good time with a fellow packmate. It made things appear easier (even though the tense atmosphere out there screamed otherwise). The earthen colored female joined her hands to mix both herbs, grabbed half of the new infusion with her fingers and poured it in both of the bows, then pushing Claudius' a bit further in his direction. "There you go! Just try not to drink it too fast for it will burn your tongue." Her hands grabbed her own bowl-cup with caution, making sure that the steaming liquid didn't spill on her fingers. The herbs were already staining the liquid yellow, slowly releasing a delicious smell. Luna stirred the container slightly, making the aromatic herbs release even more colour on the water. It was almost ready. She neared the rim to her dark lips with impatience, eager to taste the new creation. And as soon as a sip of the hot liquid poured inside her mouth, she found herself actually enjoying the drink. The flavour was now softer, more calming, with a bitter yet enjoyable sensation lingered for a bit longer as she lowered the cup. A smile made its way to her face.

"Guess what." She announced, eyeing the artisian and then the stemy liquid before her. "You've created a new infusion." Even though she remained sitting, the excitement held in her voice resembled that of a child's who has discovered how to hunt animals by itself. Only that the discovery wasn't hers. Eyeing the male once more, she stared straight at his face. "What do you think of it?"

table by lin
<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Claudius widened his eyes slightly when she responded so enthusiastically. He hadn't expected her to receive his suggestion so eagerly; at most, he would have except a quiet nod or agreement, but not this rambunctious reply! Although it surprised him at first, he found himself smiling -- a small, quiet smile mostly to himself -- in response. He ducked his head out of embarrassment, staring at his knees, but quickly glanced up to see her smiling at him. She offered him his bowl of tea and he took it with an appreciative nod.

He glanced up quickly when she advised he wait, warning him of impending burns. He nodded quickly and then set the bowl down again. The sides were very hot and made his hands hurt from touching it. As he hastened to set it down, he spilled a bit on his foot. He winced and then brushed it off with his hand. There, all better.

He watched as she tried to cool it off and then took a hesitant sip. He grinned when she praised his idea and found himself sitting up a bit straighter. How exciting! Her cheerful attitude was infectious, and soon he found himself grinning along with her.

"I-I'm gla-a-d you like... it," he replied shyly. He glanced down to his bowl, wondering if it would be cool enough. He raised it to chest level and leaned down to lap it up in a decidedly canine fashion. He'd never drank anything the way she did, so he drank it as he might water from a stream. Once he'd taken a few sips, he nodded and set the bowl on his lap. "It's very... good. Thank you. I... I've ne-e-ever had... tea... before... so... this i-is new to-o m-me... May-ay-ay-be I ca-an... do some-th-thing fo-or you in retu-u-rn," he added.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 336(+2) :: =] derp!

Taking another sip, she observed her guest attentively, seeing how the atmosphere had lightened. Now she even felt her own neck relax. Excited eyes looked at the hot drink with not little thirst. Not even an hour ago she had been running, and her body needed fluids to recover. The shy man had already tasted the drink on a characteristic canine way, so the healer felt free to mimic his action, lapping the tea with her tongue.

She placed the cup on top of her folded tights, feeling the hot material against her bare skin, only protected by her fur. A glimpse of the tanned man's face caught her attention. A smile was displayed on it, his previous shyness hidden under this contagious expression. It seemed like her mood had affected him, something that she had observed in preious times with her fellow packmates. She did not understand the origin of that, but she was glad that he left his old facade and had finally opened up a little bit more.

About to rise the drink to her face to have her thirst eased a little bit more, she was distracted by Claudius' words, offering a favor in exchange of this simple drink. She was about to open her mouth to say that she did not really want anything, but thought of something else instead. Touching her lower lip with her finger thoughtfuly, she pondered about it. She did enjoy the other's company, so it would be nice to make use his suggestion as an alibi to see him again. "Okay, I'll take it." Her dark fingers stroke a loose strand of blackish hair as she threw her bait. "Why don't we see each other when this...situation ends? When things calm down a little bit." He was free to reject her offer, but she hoped he didn't. She had the feeling that what this boy needed the most right now was a friend. And who was her to deny that to such a nice wolf?

<style>
.freebietable-a07 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MFrah.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 70px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a07 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a07 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a07 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
CLAUDIUS, THE SHY PLAYBOY 8D

[html]
[/html] Claudius smiled shyly when she agreed. He watched as she tucked a stray piece of fur behind her ear. Like many female luperci, her mane grew out long in the back in her optime form and resembled human hair. Hers was long and apparently quite vivacious, because she had toyed with it a few times. He had always found it an amusing task to anthropomorphize inanimate objects and ideas, such as hair, which might have a "life of its own", as humans would say. He wondered if she ever thought of things like that.

Suddenly distracted by these idle curiosities of Luna, he snapped to attention when she spoke up again. He blushed fiercely when she suggested seeing him again. He ducked his head and then tried to meet her gaze, but found it too honest and kind. He lapped up a few more sips of the tea before mustering the courage to respond.

"Y-yes," he said strongly. "I would like you -- er! I... w-w-wou-ould like t-to see you-ou-ou aga-hai-ai-in, w-w-when this... is... over. It would be ni-i-ce. I'll... ga-a-a-ther some pla-a-ants... and you-ou could find so-o-o-omething... for... me-e-e-e to... dye." [html]
[/html]
[html]

412w

The green-eyed woman's feelings were always something easy to tell. It was nothing bad from her point of view, but it could quite make people uneasy when the situation did not call for such a reaction. And this was one of those situations. The slip in his words was actually obvious and unintentionall, but she could not help to chuckle at how suggestive it had sounded. But, as always, she did not take it to heart, instead focusing on her companion's words. She was happy, and nothing outside her wide bubble would pass it and stain her colorful world black.

But, was it a good moment to have such a cheerful attitude? To feel so cheerful with the tense of the situation? So far she had only heard about the changes from Claudius' mouth, but was there more than that? Only time could tell. Her thoughts were only revealed when her illuminated face suddenly began to become more and more serious, her eyebrows furrowing as uneasyness carved a small line between them, like an invisible claw pressing down her flesh. It wasn't until the hot liquid spilled on her finger when she realized she had not been paying attention to her surroundings, too sunk in her own mind. Casting the dark feelings away, she changed her features to those that belonged to her, her trademark smile shimmering against her mahogany shaded face. Even if she was just trying to hide her worry for her guest's sake, she tried to make the gesture look as convincing as she could.

"When this all ends." She wishpered, more to herself than to the spotted male sitting in front of her. Looking at the man again, this time avoiding the eyes, she rose her bowl, as one would hold a cup, and held it high in front of her. "Then it is settled! We will do this again, i promise." Only if this does not become worse than it is. She thought, before bringing the rim of the cup to her mouth again and drinking the last of the tea, savouring the mixture of plants in her mouth and swallowing them. Then, as she met the man's eyes again, she remembered his gaze on her as she fixed the lost strand of hair, and how the words had escaped his mouth accidentally. For the first time in a long time, she was grateful that the dark shade of her fur hid the blushing skin beneath it.

<style>
.zero-pink p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-pink b {color:#f74883; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.zero-pink {font-family: trebuchet ms, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#a0143b; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#f5efcb; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras/yard/pink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #babf8d; width:400px;}
</style>
[/html]