I find it lacking [DND]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#awplottopic {width:510px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... along2.png); background-position:center-top; background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#bfb7b2; }
#awplottopic .awtext {font-family: 'Rock Salt', serif; font-size:20px; text-align:; color:#000000; margin:0px 0px 25px 20px; }
#awplottopic .wc{text-align:right;}
#awplottopic p {text-align:justify;}
#awplottopic b {color:#68231c; font-family:georgia, serif; }
</style>

Know your Place

Maska tapped his foot impatiently as he waited. He had called the Amara's brother, Songan, to him just moments ago. Already, Wematin was off to recruit scouts and Guardians, both amongst the tribesmembers and outsiders, and so only one of the Guardians were with him today. The tribe was less accepting of him than he had thought they would be, and he was already growing a bit impatient with the slowness of things. Today, he had inspected the storages, and he had been quite impressed with how well the tribe was faring. There was plenty of food: obviously, Nayati had worked as an effective Master Hunter. No doubt, the male would rise to that rank again if he just worked hard enough. Well, at least if he had the wits to end his relationship to that hybrid female - he had not yet decided what to do about this.

In one area in particular, however, Dawali's leadership had failed dramatically. There were plenty of bows for hunting, and plenty of pre-made traps, but hardly much else. Something would have to be done about that. He dreaded having to deal with the hybrid femme, who claimed the name Utina, for she tended the animals here. Nevertheless, they would need better training of them. Perhaps he could send Wematin to... convince the girl.

[/html]
[html]

WC:500+
Left their meeting place kind of vague since I wasn't sure where it was. Sanuye's in italics. / Points: 5

Songan was in the middle of the leatherworking craft that he owed to Ralla when he heard the call from the councilman. In truth, he didn’t want to come to the man’s call, but there was no other way around it. His brother was not the chief anymore and he would have to see what the Ahote man wanted from him. Sanuye heard the call too and whined. ”Do you have to go Songan? Please can’t you just ignore him?” His golden gaze moved over to the hybrid woman and he stared at his work. ”I don’t have much of a choice… it seems there’s nothing I can do to help my brother besides follow Maska… though I will find some other way to help Dawali.” Sanuye smiled to him and moved outside to the creek and cool off. The Amara man set his work aside and came outside as well. He whistled for Rain and gazed over to his companion as he waited for the equine to answer his call. Rain quickly came to her master’s call and stopped at his side. The red wolf climbed up onto her back and began to make his way in the direction of the gray wolf’s call.

Songan had brought his bow along with him just in case something were to happen and it would come in handy. His gaze moved around as he searched for his brother. The pain stuck like a thorn in his heart that would not leave. He could not help but feel sorry for his brother and wanted to do whatever it would take to help him. Punishment was on his mind, though it was over looked by his loyalty and love of his family. He also looked around for Chitsa. He knew she was living in the Town Hall with their brother before Maska arrived and wondered if she had made a new home somewhere in AniWaya. His ears fell slightly as he made his way towards the gray wolf.

Songan soon arrived and sat up tall on his horse. His eyes gazed down to the councilman as he flicked his tail gently back and forth. ”Sorry for the short wait. I was in the middle of working on something for Ralla, though I don’t like being summoned like a pup. Would it hurt you to walk to my home and ask for what you need there?” He gave a soft sigh as he brushed through Rain’s mane gently. He had heard the tapping of the Ahote man’s foot from a bit of a distance, not pleased with the fact that he was feeling impatient. He had more important things to do that come here and do whatever it was that Maska needed. He could have been back home and relaxing with Sanuye as he worked. At least then he would be able to get something done. He lowered his posture a bit as he returned his attention to the green marked wolf. ”So… what is it that you need me for?”

<style>
.SOA-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SOA-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SOA-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 i {font-family:verdana; color:#a49e9c; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 {background-color:#403634; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:448px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3130/songan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:384px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SOA-K-01-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#awplottopic {width:510px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... along2.png); background-position:center-top; background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#bfb7b2; }
#awplottopic .awtext {font-family: 'Rock Salt', serif; font-size:20px; text-align:; color:#000000; margin:0px 0px 25px 20px; }
</style>

Know your Place

It did not take the male long to arrive, however when he did, Maska's face turned into a deep frown. First there were excuses, and then.. it appeared this one shared his brother's lack of respect towards authority. Without needing any signal, Nahele stepped forward and gave a deep growl, hackles risen and fangs out. Really, were they all going to behave like this? He had expected more from those who had grown up in the Great Tribe, and his voice bristled with anger as he spoke. "You dare speak to me in this fashion? I did not summon you like a pup, although it would seem a pathetic pup is what has come. And you come to me armed—" he spat. "Nahele, seize the weapon." The goon stepped forward, close enough for discomfort, and opened his hands, expecting the Amara to give it to him. If not, he would soon experience having it forcefully taken from him."Do not meet me with pathetic excuses, Amara. I do not have time for your folly." This was the one who lived with the hybrid. He should have known that he'd be a dumb, defiant fool.

He calmed himself. "There are those who have sung your name in praise, Songan." he started, his tone significantly milder. "I have heard you are an adept craftsman. Upon inspecting our storages, I have found them greatly lacking weapons. There are only bows and traps for hunting, but nothing to support us in times of war." he paused, smiling briefly. "I require that you take the apprentices you need to speed up production of weapons. As many as you can muster - as many apprentices as you need. You may have full access to the Town Hall and materials in these storages, as well as the Stable." His voice was decisive, firm, as he spoke. He was clearly giving an order, and expecting it to be followed.

[/html]
[html]

WC:500+
Why do I see a fight between these two in the future? "editted" / Points: 5

Songan came close and did notice that Maska had one of his guardians with him. It was as if he could not trust anyone in this tribe even though they had agreed to follow him because of his younger brother’s words. Was there really such a need for this? He should really work on his place as a councilman before speaking in front of all the other members of the tribe. If he were in charge, he would never let Maska claim such a rank with his attitude. The red wolf’s ears moved up as he began to speak and again letting his attitude come to the surface. He even went so far as to be worried about the bow that he carried with him. He watched as the other wolf came forward, though refused to give him his bow. ”I have others to feed at home. I am going hunting after our meeting and I will not hand my bow over.” He then turned his gaze to Maska as he soon slid off his horse. He knew it was wrong for him to be on a horse if the other one, especially one of a higher rank was not. The one problem he was having was showing his respect to the higher rank. He could not bring himself to show Maska the respect he seeked just because he was a higher rank. He had brought shame to the Amara name and he expected some respect back if he was going to do anything for him. ”Do you really think I would use this to kill a member of this tribe? You are sadly mistaken Maska. And I should not have to show you respect when you will not show it back to me. If you keep up this attitude, none of these tribe people are going to like you and are going to be more likely to fight against you. You need to keep in mind that most of them are not from the Great Tribe and don’t know our customs.” This wolf who claimed to be a councilman really needed to put more trust in the other members of the tribe and stop taking their things from them just because he had more authority than others. He closed his eyes as he paused and Maska began to speak again. Excuses? He gave the green marked wolf a small growl. ”I do not make excuses Maska. I have other projects to work on and Ralla has been waiting on this for a while. I want to get it done for her before I begin work on something else.” He folded his ears down as he now wished he had listened to Sanuye and just stayed back at his home with her.

Hs ears moved back up as Maska then began to speak of his skills and the lack of weapons in storage. He did not like the smile that had appeared on the gray wolf’s face. He then spoke, having requested that he make more weapons for the tribe. He paused for a moment and thought about this as Maska continued to speak, giving him full access to the Town Hall and the stables. He didn’t need any help from the horses in the stables since he had the help of his equine companion Rain. He wasn’t sure if there were any apprentices and he certainly didn’t want the help of the gray wolf’s guardians in this task. He sat up tall as he began to speak. ”Are these weapons really needed? In the time that I’ve been here it would seem there has been no war in this area and is likely to remain so. I have seen a few of the neighboring packs and they are peaceful like AniWaya. I seriously doubt there is a need for weapons.” The one thing he would not do is make weapons for Maska in case he had any ideas or plan on attacking the neighboring packs first. He would not be the one to help start a senseless war.

<style>
.SOA-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 i {font-family:verdana; color:#a49e9c; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 {background-color:#403634; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:448px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3130/songan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:384px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SOA-K-01-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Know your Place

Semi-planned powerplay, let me know if it's over the top!

Maska listened, though with little patience in his heart. So far, the only thing the dimwit had done right was to get off his work animal. The lips of the sickly gray wolf twisted, but he allowed the red wolf to finish his little "speech", ignoring the reference to rebels within the tribe. They would be dealt with when they showed their true faces. He gave a flick of the wrist, and Nahele moved in. With grace, the Guardian stepped to the side of the red wolf, swiftly reaching for the bow and twisting his body with Songan's so that the latter would feel some pain, but be able to yield. Nahele waited in that position, looking to Maska for further orders. Maska's voice was dangerously calm as he spoke, coolly. "You should feel honored to have been called to me. Must I really explain to you the conventions of your own people, or have you managed to find room for the simple idea of respect in that thick skull of yours?" He nodded at Nahele, who tightened his grip and thus delivered a moment of considerably sharper pain to the craftsman. "Will you yield, Amara, or do you long to share a home with your brother?"

Once again - these questions! Was it so that anyone who came here were immediately robbed of their wits? Who were they to question his authority, actions and orders? Dawali had not prepared for the unthinkable - it was naïve to think that one did not need weapons simply because there were no visible enemies. "Has the Great Tribe deserved the violence that threatens it? We had no enemies before, we had no enemies in our new home either, and yet they attack us." He scoffed openly. "Really, would you rather have the members slaughtered if someone decides to hunt us down, or would you rather we be prepared to protect our families?" Besides, in times of peace, weapons could be used for the hunt. Really, this one was beyond stupid. It would seem that Chitsa was the only bright light in that bloodline.

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+
Word Count: 523 (5 points)

Songan could tell that Maska was not happy with the words that he spoke, but he was sure they were the truth. Why should he have to hand over his hunting bow just beacuse the gray one was of a higher rank. Had he really lost all his trust? His golden orbs moved over to the guardian that he brought with him as he moved around and began to approach him. He narrowed his eyes, though made no attempt to reach for his bow. He didn't think anything would go wrong and was sure that Maska would be cival enough to listen to what he had to say and think about it. He wasn't prepared for the guardian's restraint. He could feel the twisting in his body and the sharp pain in his back and arms. His gaze moved up to Maska as his guardian held him. It would seem his brother would have been a better leader in this regard. At least this way he would have been able to speak to his brother and he would have listened. His ears moved up as he listened to the green marked wolf speak. Should he really have felt honored to be called by a wolf like Maska? No he really shouldn't. He watched him nod and then felt the sharper pain. He let out a small growl as he heard him speak again. Was he now threatening him? He wouldn't mind sharing a place with his brother, though he didn't want to worry Sanuye and get her into trouble, so he kept his mouth shut.

Songan's eyes remained on Maska even through the pain. He didn't mind making weapons for hunting, but not for war use. There would be no use for them seeing as he had journeyed to a couple of the neighboring packs and there was nothing to worry about from them. He began to speak again, now that of the Great Tribe. It was true that they were getting attacks, but he was sure the chief was doing a good job of handling that. He remained silent as he spoke. How much he wanted to leave AniWaya and go to the Great Tribe and speak with the chief of his choice, though for now it looked like he was going to have to deal with him. He would agree to make the weapons, though only for hunting. He would not allow his crafts to be the first to draw blood from Maska's decisions. He closed his eyes as he waited to see if the guardian would let go of him. Until he was free, he would not speak. He would not allow himself to give in by the force and would not make the weapons if the male continued to try and cause him more pain to get what he wanted out of him. Doing such a thing would make him lower than his brother. It would seem he was just more like a spoiled brat who didn't get his way. He would have to learn that he couldn't always do this to get what he wanted, not here anyways.

<style>
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Know your Place

Semi-planned powerplay, let me know if it's over the top!

In truth, through that annoying silent stare of Songan's, Maska wanted to roll his eyes and sigh. Yet, of course, he could not. He remained silent as well for a while, waiting for the male to utter some kind of word, even just a sound, but there was none, not even as Nahele slightly tightened his grip. "Your bw for your loyalty, Amara. Do you not know the significance of bringing a weapon to a summons?" Still, the weapon was a triviality in this situation. While Maska was strict in his own obedience, and expected the same, he saw where the focus had to be. Finally, Maska gave in and repeated his question, though with somewhat of an explanation attached. Clearly, the male needed one, as he was too thick-headed (pig-headed!) to try to understand himself. "Listen." he began, though not in a negotiating way. Maska Ahote never let the authority in his form let go - how else would he lead? "Your tribe, my tribe, they have been attacked. Many have lost their lives - I understand your father among them." Oh yes, there were things he had learned about the Amara family before leaving to come here. Truly, it was tragic - and that feeling was genuine. "For what reason, Songan? Would you have strangers march in on our lands here to slaughter more innocents? Or can you see the sense in a proper defence? Your brother - he has been naïve. There are hardly any defences - if attacked, the tribe would be helpless." There was sense in what he was saying, and it was truthfully felt. He was not used to being questioned, but he found that it was necessary to explain - after all, this male's skills was claimed to be formidable. "I would rather not have you all die if attacked. One should be careful of claiming that an attack is unlikely simply because it has not yet happened. The Great Tribe never hurt anyone either, yet blood was shed." He waited, the speech finished. All the while Nahele held him, and all the while Maska remained authoritative - but what else could he do? This was the role given him, and this was how he must keep it. If Songan would not listen to sense this time around, then... well. He did not know. But it would be best if Songan did not stir that part of him any further. There were Guardians who longed for the scent of blood.

[/html]