pull the color from the world
[html]
HIDE YOUR INNOCENCE BEFORE THEY SEE RIGHT THROUGH
For Ayasha. Can we perhaps backdate this two days? :] wc:304

Jackson had never been much of one to stray far from Anathema lands. But when he did, oh, did he go far, it seemed. The doggish male had departed days earlier, clad in his usual long black shorts, his charms and gris-gris hanging about his neck as ever. After a moment’s consideration, he brought the tall, raven skull-topped staff along with him. He set off to the west, following down the mountainous slope of his pack lands and into lands that were, for him, largely a mystery. His travels brought him near a couple of areas of claimed lands, but he did no more than observe, suddenly considering himself to be on a mission to determine how numerous the other packs in land were. Over days of ceaseless travel and intermittent solo hunts, his mission seemed to develop more into a challenge to see just how far he was willing to venture from home.

The young man had been travelling for days when he came upon signs of yet another pack, but unlike the others, there was something different about this one. Like all the others, there was the typical presence of scent markers declaring the lands to be claimed, but in addition to this was fence of barbed wire stretching far into either direction. Intrigued by the sight of this menacing fence, the Anatheman boy chose not to bypass these lands like he did the others, and instead travelled alongside the wickedly wired fence to see what he might find.

After a time, the hybrid discovered a spot where the fence finally yielded passage into the lands, and despite better judgment he decided to slip through the opening to take his first few steps onto the claimed land. The youth found himself grinning, a defiant spark alight in cerulean eyes as he walked.

YOU MUSTN'T DISAPPOINT THEM
[/html]
OOC: Sure.

IC: Ayasha still had a bitter taste in her mouth from the meeting with the new leader. And so she was in a bit of a bad mood. She hoped that a patrol would make her feel better. And it did, a little. She was still feeling rebellious but a lot more pleasant. She was walking along the barbed fence when she caught scent of another wolf. And they were from a pack she didn’t recognize. So she ran over to see who or what it was.

She came upon a wolf about her age. She gave a grin and walked over to him. He was black and white and had turquoise eyes. In general, he was fairly pleasant to look at. He didn’t seem like a threat so she relaxed slightly. Though he was trespassing on AniWayan lands.

I hope you realize that you’re trespassing on claimed lands. She said with smile. But I feel nice and won’t tell on you. I’m Ayasha. Might I ask who you are and why you came here? She asked pleasantly, more curious than anything. She was rather curious as to where he was from. She looked him over again, seeing the defiant spark in his eyes and was curious about why.
[html]
Apologies for the delay. wc:304

The hybrid youth had never visited another pack’s lands, invited or not. There was a sense of excitement that he found in travelling into the territory of another pack, something different than the wonder he’d felt when first setting off on this little trek of his. Just as he was wondering how far he could manage to sneak about into the territory unnoticed, the sound of footsteps made the presence of another known to him. She was downwind, but he didn’t need her scent to realize that she belonged to this pack. This pack member was young, probably around his own age, with white fur and blue eyes that examined him as he approached. She was on the smaller size, especially when compared with Jackson, whose recent growth spurt seemed to be indicating that he would be taking after his wolf heritage, height-wise.

He came to a halt as she approached, surprised to be greeted with a pleasant tone and a smile. The behavior seemed odd to him, coming from the fiercly territorial bunch that resided in Anathema. Different customs, then? He wasn’t sure what he thought about that. She fired a few questions at him, and he responded with a smile touched with mischief tugging at the corners of his mouth. “Oh, I’m well aware the land is claimed. I got a look at that fence of yours and just had to see what you lot might be hiding behind it.” The mischievous smile widened a fraction. “Something good, hmm?” Idly, he passed his staff from one hand to the other. “And since you’re being so kind as to not tattle about me being here, I suppose I should be a good boy and introduce myself. I’m Jackson.” The smile had become more of a grin, the youth now watching for Ayasha’s reaction.

[/html]
She grinned, as he seemed surprised to be greeted pleasantly for trespassing. She wondered where he was from. But she didn’t ask that question. Yet. Her smile widened when he introduced himself. ”It good to meet to, Jackson. But is there a reason that you came here as opposed to another land?” She was mostly curious as to his reasoning. She of course thought that everyone should want to come to AniWaya so she didn’t blame him. But she did warn him. ”It would be better though if you had waited on the borders and called.”

At them hiding something, she dryly said, ”Yes, us.” But her tone shifted to playful. ”To tell you the truth, we have dragons and unicorns here. But you can’t tell anyone.” But she had a smirk to show that she wasn’t at all serious about that reason. ”We mostly have the fence to show people where AniWaya lands are.” This was serious and the real reason that they had the fence. ”Though I personally think that we need a couple of wolves on spike as well to keep out trespassers.” This was said with more humor. ”Might I ask where you might be from?”
[html]

She asked him about his reasons for trespassing, and the hybrid paused to think on it for a moment. Why did he come here? He'd passed along the borders of at least two other territories on his way here, yet those had only gotten no more than a passing glance from him. Perhaps Jackson had simply begun to tire of the days of uneventful travel that had brought him this far from home, and what better way to make an adventure interesting than to skulk around in places he didn't belong? The Anatheman shrugged. "This place looked more interesting than the others?" He took little heed of her warning. Of course he should have howled if he wanted to make his presence known. But howling was counterproductive to sneaking around on his own as he had intended, so he said nothing.

Jackson hadn't the faintest idea what dragons or unicorns may have been, but her playful tone and smirk made it clear that it was some sort of joke. "Well, I suppose I can keep a secret," he joked in return. Her explanation of the fence took on a darkly humorous turn, conjuring up the image of trespassers on spikes to serve as a warning. "Oh, wouldn't that be fearsome?" he said with a laugh. Jackson should like to see such a thing, though he feared it might only increase his curiosity, rather than scare him off. Ayasha then asked where he was from. "Anathema," he said simply, though there was pride clinging to the word.

[/html]
OOC: Sorry about the wait.

IC: Ayasha shook her head with amusement at his obvious disregard for her suggestion. She nodded at his answer. ”Right. Where else did you pass by when you came here?” This was more for her own curiosity than any real need to know. It was totally irrelevant to keeping the borders safe but she wasn’t too concerned about this boy.

She could tell that he didn’t understand her joke but that was all right because he played along anyway. It was nice to know that Jackson could keep up with humor that he didn’t even get. Her tone turned dry. ”Yes, well that would be the point of it.” When he told her where he was from, Ayasha cocked her head to the side. She had never heard of Anathema before.

She asked him, ”What is Anathema like? And how far away is it from here?” They were both for her curiosity but the last was also to see if he needed to rest before heading back home. But she could tell that he was proud of his pack. ”I’ll tell you about my pack if you tell about yours.” She offered, hoping that that would entice him to tell her about his home.