Conpiracy afoot
For Ayasha to help her rank, FYI Leon is wandering around randomly near the Great fire, trying to seem unsuspicious XD
2+

Always with the damn coughing, it didn't cease hardly all throughout the night. So bad it got that he had to resort to leaving his own house so that his daughter and Saxif could sleep, and had spent the night a mile or so away in a tree, hacking up blood and bile constantly. As the morning rose it appeared the man would be blessed with a short time of silence as the horrible itchy feeling in his throat and stomach ceased and it was with some amount of joy that he returned to his home to get ready for his day ahead of work. He was beginning to feel better although he was still a long way off from healed, his broken tail and fingers still throbbed incessantly and he had developed a migraine problem from his continuous pondering of the situation to do with AniWaya's current leadership.

So it was with some trepidation that he made his slow, limping way towards the village from his house out by the borders and stables. It took him a good chunk of time to make it to the outskirts and the effort left him heaving and sweaty, the wooden walking crutch his daughter had carved for him was forever useful in his daily life now and probably would be for some time. The light of the Great fire and town hall came into view and the man crept around, trying to avoid running into one of the new hated members, the austral man did not think he could restrain himself from attacking them despite his injuries. With a low growl and a snort he disappeared between two houses and reappeared out around the back of the village, out of sight from most people, but then most people were not curious young white females.
Ayasha had started a tendency of getting up early to do her rounds. Today she had gotten up at dawn and left before most were up. She had things to do before she went on her patrol. And that included finding breakfast. So she decided to go hunting. Her nose picked up the scent of a rabbit and she went stalking after it. She pounced on it and started to eat it. She was behind the village when she heard a rather familiar growl.

She grinned. Just the wolf she wanted to see and talk to. Leon was one person that would definitely help her in putting Dawali back as Chief. She really didn’t care what the Great Tribe thought. They were essentially separate. She grinned and snuck up on Leon. Ya know, if you didn’t want to be seen, you really shouldn’t growl. She smirked as she waited to see if he jumped or not. Stalking and sneaking was rather fun.

She sobered slightly. Leon, can we talk about what’s going on? Something needs to be done. She glanced around her cautiously. Though not here. We can talk as I go on a patrol. She looked at him, hopeful that he would help her.
blagh ><
sorry for the wait, family Big Grin but shirt post

He hissed as a voice came from behind him and whirled around with his lips wrinkling up only to grimace in agony and clutch at his side with the stitches in as they jerked and pulled. White eyes flared and he whimpered ever so slightly. With one eye closed he looked down upon the little female and remarked,

"And you should stop sneaking up on people, its not nice." Despite his words his mouth twisted into a grin that was half amusement and half still suffering pain. He could see within her face that her opinion on the Great Tribe members was the same as his own, he didn't recall seeing her there at the meeting but then the man had not been focused on seeing which members were there or not, and with her shorter height he could have easily missed her among the crowd.

He looked around himself suspiciously, trying to see if there was anyone listening in to them and nodded, "Si, I will come on patrol with you." His words were slow and deliberate, trying tot ell her they should keep quiet about the on goings of the pack until they were well past eavesdropping ears. Plus it had the added advantage of him being able to protect her while she patrolled, Shiloh's rapist still hadn't been caught yet.

"Come on then, lets go." He began to limp/walk away from the village.
She frowned as he hissed at her and then grimaced as he did, sorry that she had caused him pain. Sorry, Leon. I forgot that you were hurt. Why haven’t you seen Mizu about your injuries? She was truly sorry that she caused him more pain and felt bad about it. She really shouldn’t have sneaked up on him when he was injured.

But she did smirk at his comment. Yes, but I was practicing my skills. You wouldn’t want me to become lax in my duties, would you? She tried to sound innocent but the smirk that was on her lips ruined the effect of her being innocent. Though was still sorry that her sneaking had caused him pain. She frowned. And what do you mean stop? This is the only time I have, though I suppose that I need to make up for all the times I haven’t.

At his nodding and the way he spoke, she understood his meaning very well. They never knew who or what was listening. Being on the borders, reduced the possibility of them being heard. And secrecy was the key in situations like this. They were technically committing treason but she didn’t consider Maska the real leader.

She followed after him, going slow so he wouldn’t fall behind or hurt himself. Once they got far enough away from the village they would plot. Things were now being set in motion.
ooc; short fail post

"I have done, this is me after I was fixed up." He managed to find humor in his own pain, how ironic his life was. He ruffled her hair to show he wasn't too bothered by it, he was going to hurt no matter what he did, he would rather someone get a laugh out of it than be miserably. They both lapsed into a guarded silence as they made thier way away from civilization and out into the surrounding wilderness and forest. Even as the sounds of the village died away the man stayed in thoughtful silence as he limped along, every step paining him and sucking up a bit more energy.

When they were a suitable distance from the village and close enough to the border for them to constitute as patrolling the borders, he stopped and leaned against a tree, even that slow walk had ended up causing him to pant.
She gave him a look of “then why are you still in pain?” But he didn’t seem too angry at her, as evidenced by when he ruffled her hair. She gave him a playful glare and stuck her tongue out at him. She was still playful despite the oppressive atmosphere in AniWaya.

She kept glancing at him as they headed to the border. What caused him to be in pain to begin with? She hoped that he would get better soon. It was hard to see him in so much pain and anguish.

She stopped when he did and figured that now was as good of a time as any to get talking. But first she needed to ask him something. Where did you get those injuries? Although her attention was on Leon, her senses were also on their surroundings in case someone came up on them.

After determining that they were pretty safe, she got started. What are we going to do about the intruders? If we let them keep going, our spirits will die and AniWaya will no longer be what it once was. We need to do something but I don’t know what. She was a little out of breath from the outburst, watching Leon to see what he was thinking.
apologies for the wait

Once he had regained his breath and the throbbing had settled down enough for him to actually speak he answered her first question, he tapped his nose and said with a slight smile,

"Watch out for mountain lions, they hate wolves." He chuckled, still finding amusement his own pain. As her questions continued and his face fell into a frown. Honestly he had no clue how to deal with the intruders short of all out war but he knew that many of the tribe could never stand up against the Raven Guardians, Ayasha included in this number.

"I do not know chicka." He hesitated slightly and then continued "To be completely honest I am considering leaving AniWaya all together, this place is no longer safe for my Hija." He started walking again, so they could at least keep up the pretense of patrolling. It rankled at his fighter spirit to retreat like a coward but it was the only way forwards he could see, attempting to argue with the intruders was like banging thier heads against a brick wall, why couldn't the entire tribe simply leave them ehre and find a new land to congregate in?
OOC: Now it's my turn to apologize for being late.

IC: She playfully bit at his finger, not really trying to actually do anything. But she didn’t believe that he was attacked by a mountain lion. ”I didn’t realize that there were any mountain lions around here. Or was there a mountain lion that was pretending to be a wolf?” She fixed him with her intense look of ‘tell me of I’ll sick my siblings on you.’ But she knew that he might not tell her. But she should know about any attacks and threats on AniWaya so she could serve her Tribe better.

Ayasha walked next to Leon, slowing her step to keep Leon from getting hurt or out of breath. She frowned at the possibility of him leaving. ”As much as I don’t want you to leave, I know you need to protect your daughter. Though others might join you in leaving. My mom could possibly send my siblings away if things get to bad.” She sighed and steeled herself. ”But I don’t want to leave unless I need to. If we are going to do something, we’ll need a scout and someone small.” She gave a snort of laughter. ”Being a scout is one of the few times being small is good.” She had long given up being upset at being short and was able to make fun of herself.
sorry for shortness

He smirked as she bit at his finger and hurriedly pulled the appendage back out of teeth range, the look she gave him to go with her questions had his chuckling, for no doubt the siblings would be ruthless in their attack, they resumed thier walking and patroling, he scanned the horizon for any signs of danger as he answered her

"Neither did I, and yes it was an actual mountain lion, see these marks?" He leaned down to show her the scratches on the side of his face, they were decidedly feline, slim and long, canine claws were blunter and wider than feline. He shrugged, he did not know why the Cougar had attacked him and nor would he ever, the cat had run off after he had severed its tail from its body. Her words were wise for one so young and small,

"If I could, I would take you with me, all of you and we could move AniWaya to somewhere else and leave Maska and his Guardians to stew in thier own hatred, but such a thing would be too large to accomplish and those people would make things difficult." 'Those people' was spat out as though it were a foul word.
She grinned at his chuckling. Yes, her siblings would try and tickle their “uncle” to death. And maybe do the same to her. Though she would just tickle them back. They constantly had tickle wars; at least they did before Maska came. Her lips pursed. That “man” drained the life out of everything, except perhaps their angry. No, he seemed to fuel their anger with him.

She was partly relieved that there weren’t any evil wolves about attacking them. They already had much of that, between Shiloh’s attack and what Maska was doing. ”So the only attackers are from within?” She disliked Maska and all the troubles he was bringing. Yet something told her that they were just beginning and would get much worse before they got better, if they ever did.

”I think that they might come after us, no matter where we went. I wonder if Maska realizes the harm he brings to us?” She doubted that he did. He probably thought that they were bringing it upon themselves. ”Why doesn’t someone go tell the Chief of the Great Tribe what Maska has been doing? He might be able to stop it?” She optimistic but unsure if that was true or not.
blagh ;_; so so sooo sorry D:

He shook his head roughly, trying to clear it, all of his thoughts were jumbled up inside and making it impossible for him to think, his thick, black mane coming loose from its tie and tumbling over his shoulders. Irritated he flicked it back and tied it up again. He nodded jerkily at her question of attackers, muttering angrily to himself. The Spaniard's mood seemed to have deteriorated rapidly in the span of a few seconds, it was nothing to do with the ivory female but rather his inability to forget the black cloud that now hung over his life, always mocking him. A great weariness came over him and he fought the urge to simply stop trying,

"I do not know, if it was the chief that sanctioned all of this then we would look all the more foolish and probably suffer more as a consequence." His grin was wry and humorless, as it stretched across his muzzle.
OOC: Want to wrap this up soon? If you want to end it with your post, you can PP Ayasha.

IC: Ayasha watched as Leon tried to gather his thoughts. She took the opportunity to think about everything as well. There was a lot of hurt in AniWaya caused by Maska and his goons. She was angry about everything that had happened but knew that they couldn’t do much, yet. She hoped that her mother had something up her metaphoric sleeve. She knew that Dawali wouldn’t do anything and that Ralla would lead them at first. But she was willing to follow her mother to whatever end their actions would lead them.

Leon’s answer made sense but she still wished that they could do something. She studied him and saw the weariness and slight anger. She reached up and put a hand on his shoulder. ”Try not to do anything to get yourself or Analise hurt. Please? I couldn’t stand to have one of my uncles get hurt and I don’t want to see Analise with her father.” She hoped that he would be careful for his daughter’s sake, if for no other reason.

Granted, she knew that Analise was about as hotheaded as her father so the point might be moot. But she didn’t want her family to get hurt, especially by their brashness. So she hoped that they would at least be careful as they fought for what they believe.
and with my crappy post we end the thread

Her concern for him, as horrific as it was for there to even be a reason she should be so worried, warmed up his heart and brushed away his anger and tenseness, and he turned a fond smile upon her. This was what he stood for, what he fought for and believed in, that they could share a moment together happy and carefree without the lingering feeling of approaching doom and pain hovering over them and darkening their time. His eyes were soft and his posture loose,

"I promise little one, I'll not do anything too rash, not unless the situation demands it." He gave her a lopsided smile, one he reserved only for the young in his life. "I will try to keep Analise safe as well, but with her I cannot make promises, she seems to wriggle herself into the most awkward of situations."

The duo continued on with thier patrolling for several hours, discussing all and anything that came to thier minds. finally upon the coming of evening, Leon walked Ayasha back to her mother's house and saw her safely inside before returning to his own daughter who was surprisingly already asleep by the time he had limped back to his own home.