fill my ears with sorrow
[html]

16th July . 12.45 pm . Cobequid Foothills . Optime Form

The rocking motion of the horse was soothing and genteel against his frazzled nerves. So much had happened in the past few weeks that the Stormbringer was beginning to feel the strain on his body and his mind. He'd tacked Hermes up this morning and had taken the horse on a border patrol of Ichika. The black and white draft horse was beginning to build up muscle and he was growing more. Saul reckoned he must have only been about two years old and he had come fully to his height and weight. There was a lot of work that needed to be done with him and Saul was saddened that he didnt have all the time he needed. Between repairing the house, looking after Wretch once more and being the lead healer, his time was far stretched. However, the need to get away from Ichika was something strong and as he approached the eastern edges of the border, his bare feet urged the horse into a gallop and away from Ichika. Out in the wilderness, with nothing surronding him, he let the horses reigns go slack, allowed him to run as far and as fast as he wished. The reign was his.

The young male found that he didnt have to cling on for dear life- as soon as the horse had picked up on his mood, he'd run like the wind. But Saul had picked up on his rhythm early on, allowing his body to move with the horse so that there was no chance of him falling off. A firm pressure of Saul's legs against the horses side was enough to keep him secure in the saddle and the male was happy to let the draft mix lead the way. He hadn't yet explored these areas, behind the Halycon Mountains but not belonging to Ichika. He wasnt even sure of their names. He continued however, allowing the draft horse to slow to a jogging trot that threatened to throw him sideways. Clinging on just a little tighter, getting a firmer hold on the reigns, he urged the male into a nice walk. Green eyes were tired as he looked around, wondering where they had ended up.

He urged Hermes forward, watching with a soft smile as the horse tossed his head and snorted. The horse, despite being in Saul's possession less than a month, was already in tune to his masters thoughts and feelings and stopped, knowing Saul wanted to look around further. Saul slipped from his back, tieing the reigns in a knot to rest on the horses withers. The mountains were to his right, the open plains to his left, and in front of him, the roar of a mighty river caught his attention. Perhaps he would stop there for a while.

<style>
.saul-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.saul-b01 {background-color:#768DFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o6COs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#17163C; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.saul-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.saul-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #17163C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Let's begin the spree

Not much had been happening in Scorpius’ life and his days seemed to be more like the same as each day passed. He had been exploring some of the caves nearby, though more so towards the foothills of the mountains that spread through the Anathema territory. Today, he thought it might be better for once if he explored the back area of the caves. Perhaps he would be able to find a path from the inner working caves and out of the back in case of an attack or need to get away in case of an emergency. He sat up in his section of the cave as he sighed. He took his leather bag and began to fill it with his supplies. He made sure to separate the paper from the charcoal so that it would not get messy when he began marking the areas into a map. He soon then strolled out of his section of the cave and began to head out of one of the back entrances. He brushed his hands along the cave walls as he walked around. He wasn’t wearing any clothes since he knew he would eventually be outside and didn’t want to be burdened by the heat.

The young male soon came to one of the exits and blinked before heading outside so that his eyes could adjust to the light. His beg hung gently on his shoulder as he began to head towards the eastern part of the mountains. It would be nice to see the ocean and see if there were any other caves near there as well. Perhaps he could make his own cave here just in case he wanted to get away from his pack duties and relax. It might also be able to serve as a place he would be able to bring Melee and it would be away from the pack territory. A small smile came to his face as he continued to walk on.

Scorpius paused as he came towards the Cobequid Foothills. He thought he had caught the scent of something familiar. He followed the scent and soon came to a male on a horse. He recognized the wolf, though not the horse. He was not even aware that Saul had a horse. He gave a small smile as he began to speak. ”Hello Saul. I didn’t know you had a horse. It’s a very nice looking one too.” Once he made himself known to the wolf, he moved into view and stood straight. He was interested in knowing what Saul was doing here. It was a long way from Dahlia de Mai. ”So what brings you over here Saul. Quite a long way from home aren’t you?” He took a moment to rest and sat down. He set his bag down at his side as he looked up to the wolf on his horse. He curled his tail around gently as he waited for the male to reply to his question.

Word Count → 500

Points → 5

<style>
.free-blanktext {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 15px; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2hcp4yt.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 140px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.free-blanktext .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.free-blanktext .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.free-blanktext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.free-blanktext .pts {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.free-blanktext p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.free-blanktext b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

yayayayayay <33 excited

Hermes snorted softly as he leaned down, the knotted rains loose enough for him to reach the ground and pull the grass from the ground. Soft velvet nostrils flared as he breathed deeply and Saul smiled softly. Setting himself up against a tree, the agouti male slid to the floor so that he sat cradled in the showing roots of the large tree. Tired eyes watched his horse as the stallion roamed around, happy to eat the grass. He headed over to the river, taking long draughts of the liquid through his bridle. The bridle was an old one and Saul had spent a long time cleaning the bit so the horse wouldnt get infected from it. Thinking about the work he'd put in to clean the saddle and bridle he'd found in the broken remains at the back of the barn, Saul smiled. It was nice to see his efforts come to fruition. Thirst quenched, the black draft mix came up to Saul, nostrils flared as he smelt someone approaching. Turning his nose to the wind he caught the familiar scent, thinking of the dark hued boy.

The Anatheman came swiftly out into the open, a filled bag over his shoulder. Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as Scorpius spoke, a grin seeping over his lips. He was beginning to feel fond for the boy, despite the unusual circumstances with which they met. "Hello Scorpius, it's good to see you. Yes, I didn't have a horse until a few weeks ago- I found Hermes and an orphaned foal I named Arete out in the Dampwoods. Thank you very much." He replied, enjoying the pleasent concersation. The dark male joined him on the floor, sitting close to him. He was glad to see the boy was well, growing tall and strong. Ears caught his words once more and Saul smiled softly. He wasnt certain of how many knew of the merge between Phoenix Valley and Dahlia de Mai. It wasnt widely known, apparently. He shook his head, a secretive smile the only answer for the moment.

"Not so far away any more. Dahlia de Mai is no more, Scorpius. Nayru and a male from Phoenix Valley had been planning for months to merge the two packs, and we finally did it at the beginning of July. Ichika no Ho-en is my new home, along with the rest of my family, not far from here. I don't suppose many have heard about it, to be honest."

He conceeded, dipping his head softly. Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, the male called Hermes over. He stroked the stallions leg softly, before sending him away again. The horse was getting much more comfortable about them, which was a good thing.

<style>
.saul-b01 {background-color:#768DFF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o6COs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#17163C; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.saul-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #17163C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Me too <333

Scorpius gazed from a distance as he watched the wolf from on top of the horse. It looked like he was having a bit of trouble getting the horse to listen to him, though that’s from what he could see. He was not an expert with horses and never expected to learn much about them until he was a little older. With his duties confining him to the inner workings of the mountains, he didn’t see the need for one. Perhaps when he needed more supplies it would be nice to have a horse so that he would be able to make a shorter journey towards Halifax. He smiled as he came forward and watched Saul get down from his horse to take a seat. To be honest, it was nice to spend time with the male, even if the first time they met was not exactly on the best of terms.

The young male rested the bag against him as he listened to Saul explain that he only had the horse for a little while. He actually found the horse out in the wild and brought it home. He was not sure where Anathema got the horses that they had, though he was sure some of them came from the wild. ”That’s nice Saul. I assume the foal is back home with you? You planning on giving it to anyone once it’s a full grown horse?” He relaxed himself as he turned his gaze to the sky. ”I’d like to learn how to ride a horse one day, though I don’t have a use for one right now.”

Scorpius’ ears moved up as the wolf began to speak again, telling him of the new merge between Dahlia de Mai and Phoenix Valley to create a new pack. It was interesting to hear about and it would be nice having Melee a little closer, though this meant he would have to be a bit more careful. He gave the male a smile as he met his gaze. ”I see. I was not aware of the move. Perhaps I should tell this to Mom. I’m sure she’d be interested to hear about it too. Perhaps it would begin to make a good relationship between your pack and Anathema.” He was sure it would please his mother to know he found out some information about the pack and would like to fill her in a bit on it once he returned home. ”What’s the pack like? Is it anything like Dahlia de Mai used to be?” Granted he didn’t know much about Dahlia de Mai than what Melee told him when he was a pup, but he was eager to learn about this pack and relay the information to Naniko. He crossed his legs and rested his arms on them as her waited for Saul’s reply. He closed his eyes for a moment to enjoy the weather and the slight breeze he could feel coming from the foothills. He soon returned his ruby orbs to the male.

Word Count → 507

Points → 5

<style>
.free-blanktext {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 15px; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2hcp4yt.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 140px 0px; border-bottom:1px solid #000000;}
.free-blanktext .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.free-blanktext .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.free-blanktext b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

The black horse backed up and away from both of them, although the movements were calm and measured. Neither of them had been out this way before, but it was a nice place to be. It also provided them with a tenuous link to Anathema, since it appeared they only had to exit their dens and come out into the foothills the two now stood in. Saul allowed himself to breath in the scents of the foothills. He could smell something akin to ash and he wasnt sure where it came from. Still, Scorpius' words did a lot to distract him. Saul smiled and nodded his head softly, although he wasnt sure about the second question the male asked. "Yes, Arete is too young to be coming out here. I need to start introducing her to the saddle and bridle soon, else she'll become feral. And I havent thought about it yet- she is a different breed to Hermes, smaller and more willowy. We'll have to see what happens." He offered by way of explanation. Arete was probably going to grow up to be the same height wise, but in bulk she was a lot smaller. Scorpius spoke once more and Saul grinned.

"Well, there's no time like the present Scorpius. Why don't you hop on up?"

He said, although he made no move to catch the horse and hold him steady. If Scorpius wanted a go, he would get up and that would be when Saul moved. He smiled softly, knowing the black Anatheman might not take the bait. It would be good to pass on the skill, as he was sure Anathema had horses. But it would be Scorpius' decision. He spoke again, commenting on the merge that had turned a lot of wolves' lives upside down. He wasnt aware that nobody knew about it- surely some of them would have gone to Dahlia or the Valley and seen that there was nobody there anymore? He reasoned that when they'd had been in Dahlia, they had no checked up on the other packs to see how they were doing. It was likely that no-one knew of Ichika just yet. Saul nodded softly to Scorpius's verbal thinking. He also wanted a good relationship between their two packs- they were geographically the closest now, so why should there be ill will towards one another.

"It would perhaps be a good idea. I am sure your mother would be pleased to hear that she has new neighbors. But I agree, I'd like to work to get a better relationship between our packs." He responded with the gentle wave of his tail. Scorpius asked about Ichika. "Its not tremendously different. There is more emphasis on family and cohesion in Ichika. And peace, love and harmony. There's a lot about respect of Mother nature and those around you. I find it a peaceful place to live." He said, thinking about how little he knew of the other packs cultures.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

Scorpius’ ruby eyes gazed over to the horse as he watched it keep its distance. He had to admit that the horse Saul found was a very nice looking one. Perhaps when he got a horse he would be lucky to find one like it too. Maybe Anathema already had one. He would have to look when he got back home. His orbs moved over to Saul as he was taking in the scents of the foothills. He looked around and began to take in the scents too. It was much different than from the inside of the caves he was used to. It was nice to get out every once and a while. Perhaps he should do this more often. He was sure he would met some more friends this way. He lowered his head back down as Saul began to speak again about the foal that he rescued along with the horse. He smiled as he listened to the male’s words. He seemed to know a lot about horses and was sure that once he got his own horse to show it off to Saul.

The black male paused for a moment as Saul offered him to get on the horse’s back. He was not too sure if he was ready to get on the back of the horse, though it would be nice to learn how to ride one so that when he was ready to get one, he would know how to ride it. He gave the male a nod and then slowly got up. He took the strap of his bag and stuck his head through so that the strap was resting on his left shoulder and the bag rest on his right side. He then waited for his friend to help him up onto the back of the horse. He was not even sure how he was supposed to do that right and he didn’t want to alarm the horse in any way.

Scorpius was actually a bit surprised that Saul liked the idea of having good relations between the two packs. He would have to speak to his mother to see where she stood on this matter, though he couldn’t think of any reason why she would be against it. The young male gave a nod and would be sure to speak with Naniko as soon as he returned home. His ears moved up as Saul began to explain what this new pack was like. It seemed like a nice place and very different from Anathema. ”Wow. It seems like a nice place. It’s defiantly very different from life in Anathema. We’re a cult pack in a sense.” He flicked his tail gently as he looked in the direction he had come from. ”I would like to your new pack some time Saul. It’ll at least give me something to do besides wandering around in the caves all day.” Speaking of which, he really would like to map out the way to this area for the pack. It would not only be a nice place to relax, but an open area where the pack could flee in case something goes wrong.

Word Count → 530

Points → 5

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

Peace settled over the males shoulders like a well worn blanket, neither battling with the weight already there nor driving it away. It simply settled over the stressful weight on his shoulders, soothing and convincing it that it no longer needed to be quite so heavy. Breathing was a fundamental part of living, but breathing deeply, in such a scene as this, had the calming effect on his nerves that was a balm he could not have made himself. Sitting beside Scorpius in the hazy afternoon head, a soft smile etched over his lips. It was a good day for seeing friends, he knew that. Green eyes darted to the movement to his right as Scorpius got to his feet. Surprise etched on his face as he mirrored the dark males position. Calling the horse over, the male unknotted the reigns so that they were the full length. Scorpius was a bit shorted than him, but with quick, practised motions he shortened the stirrups so that it would suit the male better.

"Okay... the fundamental thing to remember is to relax. You always approach a horse from the left hand side- when you mount or dismount, its always from the left hand side." Saul said, positioning the boy so that he was where he wanted him. "Put your left paw in the stirrup and gather the reigns with both your hands. I'm going to go round the other side and put weight on the other stirrup so that when you get up, the saddle won't slip. I'll help you put your paw in on the otherside." He said, pleased as the male did as he was told. With a chuckle, Saul moved around to the horses right hand side. Both his hands rested on the right stirrup, before he pushed some of his weight down onto the metal loop. "Alright Scoripus, jump on up" He said, feeling the weight dip to the side as Scorpius pulled himself up. He looked up to see the males right leg swinging towards him, to which he caught the flying limb and guided it firmly into the right stirrup. Saul chuckled and patted the male on the leg, before moving round to the front of him. "Hold the reigns so that your little finger is on the outside, on both hands. Good. Now, try and keep your balance."

He said, hooking a finger into Hermes' bridle and moving him forward a few paces. Scorpius managed to speak then and Saul looked back up at him. "Keep your ankles down and your toes up and sit up straight and tall." He said, watching to see if the male tensed with his legs too much. He laughed softly as Scorpius introduced his pack as a cult pack. "Interesting, although perhaps a little dark for me." Saul admitted, inwardly shuddering at the thought. Still, the dark Anatheman went on to say that he would like to see Ichika. Saul's thoughts immediately jumped to Melee and he looked up at the male with a grin. "Perhaps I will show you round one day... although I'm fairly sure my niece would be delighted to show and old friend her new home." He teased softly.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Spread the love <33

Scorpius was enjoying his time with the older male. Saul seemed to be one of the only friends he had outside of his own pack, though he didn’t really have many friends there. He would have to make some more friends so he could relax like this, or perhaps doing something other than making maps all day. He smiled as he could feel the weight of his duties melting off his shoulders. It was a nice feeling, though knew it wouldn’t last too long. Perhaps he would be able to meet Saul other times just to relax and get away from everything. His tail swayed gently in his happiness.

The black male waited for Saul to bring the horse over and to begin giving him instructions so that he would be able to get up onto the horse. He made sure that the bag he had was sitting comfortably on his shoulder as Saul was doing some adjusting to the thing sitting on the horse’s back. His ears moved up as the male began to explain some of the key things to keep in mind. He nodded as he listened and looked over to the horse as he spoke. He began to make his way to the left side of the horse and looked up to the thing on the horse’s back. He looked confused for a moment as Saul began to throw some terms at him. He looked up to what he assumed was the saddle and then looked to the things hanging down from it. He was sure that’s where he was supposed to put his feet. He did as the male told him and placed his paw in one and gripped the reigns in his hand. He held that position until Saul told him to get up onto the saddle. He used the paw on the ground to help him up onto the saddle and swung his loose leg to the other side. He looked down to Saul as he adjusted himself carefully. He listened again to the male’s instructions and looked to the reigns. He made sure his hands were facing the right way before looking to his friend again.

Scorpius watched as the male moved forward and began to lead him. He smiled as he nodded to Saul. He moved his ankles down slightly so that his toes were in the air. He then adjusted his posture so he sat up straight and kept his eyes forward. The male then made a comment about the pack’s ways. He gave a small chuckle. ”I figured. It doesn’t seem like your thing. I was born into that kind of life so I’m used to it.” His ruby gaze moved back down to Saul as he made a comment about Melee showing him around the new pack. He paused for a moment and just stared at Saul before he spoke. ”Yeah… I’m sure she would like that. I know I’d like to see her again. She’s a great friend.” Well, great friend in the sense that the moment he saved her from falling in the river, they became friends.

Word Count → 523

Points → 5

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

He hadnt expected the dark male to be so comfortable. Saul remembered his first try and riding a horse, the disaster that had been. He'd been too nervous, he'd squeezed too hard and hadnt been able to hold his balance right. He'd been far too tense for the horses liking. Perhaps Scorpius just wasnt as scared as Saul had been. Still, the male began to shuffle on his perch, getting more comfortable, aligning his balance, sitting straighter and generally doing as he was told. Saul was no expert, but he could not ride well enough. He let go of the bridle, although kept his hand very close to the loop of metal he'd been hold on to- Scorpius wouldnt be able to see that he'd let go. Hermes for his part was completely happy to play lead pony and they began to move around in a wide circle. Saul chuckled softly, glancing up at the dark Anatheman every few moments to check that he was okay.

Scorpius answered his words about being in a cult pack with the obvious answer- he'd grown up in the pack and it was all he ever knew. Of course, Saul had never met a pure cult wolf before, but he had an idea of what they were like. Scorpius didnt fit his stereotype of 'cult wolf' at all. He seemed a quiet and peaceful young man, perhaps more suited to Ichika than Anathema. Saul smiled softly before looking up at him. "Still, you don't seem like a cult wolf. Perhaps the life of an Ichikan would suit you better" He offered with a knowing nod and a smile. Scorpius seemed shocked at Saul's mention of Melee and the male hid a grin. Still, the dark male did his best to cover up his surprise. It had been obvious to th agouti male that Scorpius felt something for Melee since he'd visited Dahlia not that long ago.

"Well then, you shall be shown around by her instead. It'll be good for the two of you to catch up, since you didnt get to see her last time we met."

Saul commented, before visibly letting go of the bridle all together. Scorpius should probably know how to steer the horse he was riding before Saul set him loose in the foothills. "The reigns are your means of steering Hermes. You don't have to tug on them and pull them hard- its not necessary. A simple twitch, big enough to let him know which way you want to go, will suffice to tell him. Try turning left." Saul asked, watching to see if the male became nervous at being out there on his own.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

Although it may have seemed that Scorpius was comfortable, he was still a bit nervous about being on the horse for the first time. His grip was a bit tight on the reigns and he held them closer to him that he was sure was needed. He kept his gaze down on his friend to make sure that he was still holding on. With that he was beginning to gain some more confidence and held the reigns away from him a bit. A smile came to his face as he looked back forward. As he was about to look back down to Saul, he noticed him letting go of the horse and letting the black male be on his own. Even though Saul was close by, he was still getting nervous about riding on his own, though he tried not to show it. He sat up straight, though his ruby eyes seemed more focused on his friend than where he was actually going.

The topic of Anathema seemed to the prevailing and Saul made a comment about him not really being a cult wolf. He paused for a moment and closed his eyes. He wasn’t really one, though he did come to the ceremonies and was part of the pack. He looked back to his friend before speaking. ”I don’t? Maybe I’ve just been a bit on edge since my accident, or it could be because I don’t do much within the pack. I just make maps of the caves in the mountains.” He did keep in mind the offer of Saul. Maybe life in this new pack would be better for him, but he had known Anathema for so long that he was not sure what to do. He smiled. ”Thank you for the idea Saul. Who knows, maybe it is a better home for me, but I think I’m just more used to Anathema.” He also wasn’t sure if he wanted to risk making bad relations with his mother.

Scorpius was actually happy about the idea of Melee showing him around. He would like to be able to spend time with his old friend and see how she was doing for himself. His ears moved up as he then listened to Saul explain how to use the reigns to turn the horse. He looked down to the reigns and loosened his grip on them a bit. He then looked to his left and then gently pulled on the left side of the reigns to see if the horse would listen and turn to the left. He was beginning to feel more confident about riding on his own and swayed his tail gently. He adjusted his posture a bit so he was sitting better. His legs were getting a little tired and he relaxed his paws. He took a moment to lift the strap of his bag and move it so it was relaxing more on the shoulder near his arm. He then turned his attention back forward. ”How am I doing Saul?”

Word Count → 506

Points → 5

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

It was perhaps more that Scorpius wasnt as bad as Saul had first been when he'd first met Liliana at the borders and she'd allowed him to ride her mare. It was clear that the black male was uncertain and nervous about being up so high- he kept his gaze trained on his agouti friend and seemed unwilling to look where he was going. Of course, for now that was okay and it displayed the uncertainty with which Scorpius learnt what was going on. Saul smiled softly as he released the loop of the bit he had been holding in to, sensing rather than seeing that Scorpius was out on his own here. Saul was right there and Hermes seemed more than happy to plod along in the circle Saul lead him in. It just happened that Scorpius had seen him release the loop. He smiled and glanced back up at the male as he tried to compose himself.

Scorpius contined to answer questions about Anathema and Saul smiled softly. Scorpius was perhaps too kind hearted to be considered a 'cult wolf' and for the moment Saul seriously wondered if the male belonged in Anathema. Cinnamon backed ears flashed forward as the male mentioned his accident and unbidden, Saul glanced up at the mask on the males face. He had wondered what it had been for, but the males mask clearly said that he had been burnt or cut. He just wanted to know what circumstances had arisen so that the male had been hurt quite so badly. "I am certain that making maps of Anathema's vast territory is of the upmost importance Scorpius. Don't think that you are not important." He scolded light heardedly before the male thanked him for his offer. "I think think perhaps you would be happier in Ichika... You'd get to see Melee more often." He chuckled.

Releasing the reigns completely, Saul stepped back and allowed the male to continue completely unhindered by the male. He had tightened his grip on the reigns, but now enough to cause the dark horse discomfort. With a gentle tug, Scorpius asked Hermes to move to the left. With an answering snort the horse turned, ears constantly twitching back and forward. Scorpius' voice came through quiet, but Saul nodded enthusiastically. "You're going very well Scorpius. Try a right turn now" He asked, intending to get the black draft horse back into the circle they had trodden into the grass. Scorpius was doing well indeed.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait <33

As nervous as Scorpius was, he wasn't feeling all too nervous anymore. He wasn't feeling as nervous as before and was rather enjoying his time up on the horse. He was glad that his friend's horse was not minding that someone else was riding him. He continued to keep his gaze forward and his mind focused on what he was doing. He didn't want to do anything wrong or do anything to upset the horse. He was a bit more worried about that when he noticed Saul letting go of the horse and giving control to the black male. He gently pat the horse on the neck before looking back up.

The young male paused for a moment as he thought. He was not exactly a cult wolf and didn't really feel as much of one as his mother or father. He had been to a couple ceremonies, but they weren't much. He didn't pay too much attention to their ways since he was mainly working on maps of the caves. Perhaps he should get more into the culture of the pack to make himself feel more at home. His ears moved up as Saul began to reply to him. His words made him feel a bit better, though he was sure he was not as important as his mother or some of the other members of the pack. As his ruby gaze peered over, he noticed the male looking at the mask he wore on his face. He had mentioned the accident hadn't he? He trusted Saul and hoped he wouldn't poke at him about it. He carefully lifted the mask to show the burn left on his face from the fire. He would let Saul get a quick look before covering it back up with the mask. He was still touchy about it.

Scorpius watched as the horse tossed his head a bit. It seemed he was not pleased with something that he was doing. He loosened up the reigns a bit, since he was still holding on them a bit tightly. It looked like that seemed to do the trick. He gave a small smirk before watching the horse follow his direction and turn to the left. It looked like this wasn't too hard. He was sure he would be able to handle doing this once he got his own horse. He gave a quick glance over to the older wolf and nodded before he instructed to have the horse turn right. He did the same thing, but now to the other side to get the horse to go in the other direction. He was actually having a good time. It was nice to learn something new that would help him in the future. At least today would not be wasted. He would hope that relations between Anathema and Saul's pack would benefit him. He took a moment to practice having the horse turn different directions, feeling his confidence grow. "This is nice. Thank you Saul for teaching me."

Word Count → 502

Points → 5

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

The dark male settled atop his horse, looking natural and calm despite being so high up. Saul smiled softly, standing in the middle of the circle now it was clear to Scorpius that he'd let him go entirely. Saul remembered his first encounter with a horse, how Liliana had slapped the horses rear and set it off at a canter that Saul had been entirely unprepared for. He wouldnt be so cruel to Scorpius, it wouldnt be fair to ask Hermes to canter for him any more than it would be fair to ask the dark male to cling on for dear life. Saul smiled gently towards the boy, his facial expressions the praise that would have been verbal. Scorpius was doing well and Saul was sure that if he ever got a horse of his own, the lesson today would stick in the young males mind.

Saul was distracted however as the males dark ruby eyes looked towards him, before his hand reached up to slip the mask from his face. Long healed, the burns scrunched up the males face, the shiny hard skin dead. It looked as healthy as it could though and Saul knew that Anathema must have a good healer to help him with that one. A few heartbeats passed in which Saul inspected the burn from afar, listing all the things that could have helped him when the burn was fresh in his mind. There was very little that he could do to help the scarring that lay over the males left hand side. The heartbeats passed however and the dark male slipped the mask back on before doing as Saul had asked.

There was nothing that needed to be said to the male. It was clear the male had had the accident early on and had grown used to it. The mask he'd found was a pure white, which stood stark against his black fur. Despite this, he was still the friendly and helpful male that Saul had grown to like. He spoke then and Saul chuckled softly. "Its not a problem Scorpius. Riding is a useful skill. Of course, plodding along isn't the best part. If I thought you could deal with it, I'd let Hermes run free with you on top of him!" Saul laughed and though he wasnt close enough to touch his horse, he reached out to pat his neck, obviously missing but the gesture was there regardless.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<33

Scorpius kept his ruby gaze on his friend as he inspected his burn. Saul didn't seem like a healer, so he doubted the gray make would have any advise for him, though maybe he would be able to help him get over the touchiness he felt about the matter, though perhaps that would be better left for another meeting. For now he had other things on his mind and was trying to concentrate on his lesson. He was sure the horse would not move as he placed the mask back on his face. He didn't mind wearing the white thing and thought it would be better to wear this than showing the scars to the world. He then moved his hands back to the reigns and took control of Hermes again, though making sure he was not doing anything that the horse didn't like.

It was nice that Saul was still so kind since the first time that he had met him. He was not sure if there would be anyone in Anathema wiling to take time out of their life to teach him how to ride a horse. Saul would surely remain a life long friend to the ebony wolf and was sure he would be able to come to him if he needed any help. His ears moved up as he listened to the taller male. He began to speak about the skills of riding and that if he felt comfortable, he would let the horse run free. His grip tightened up at the idea. "Umm... I don't think I'm ready for that. Perhaps another lesson some other time we can try that. I'd rather just take it easy." He was sure that he was done with his lesson for the day. He knew now how to get on the horse, have him go, and how to turn. It would be enough once he got his own horse and would be able to learn more then. He didn't want to ware out his friend's horse. He instictly pulled back on the reigns to get the horse to stop so that he could be able to get off the horse's back.

Once Hermes had finally stopped and he was able to get off the horse, he moved back a bit from the horse. It was nice to ride on the horse, though he was glad to be back on the ground. He could not wait until he got his own horse and would be able to learn more from his friend. He hoped he would be able to find a horse that suited him, though he did not want to take up more of his friend's time. He looked up to the sky and noticed it was getting a little later in the day. He should head back home and speak with his mother about the idea the two males had come up with to build relations between the two packs. He moved over to Saul as he looked up to him. "Thank you for a good day Saul. I will speak with Mom once I return home about our plan. Umm, perhaps there is something that we would be able to do to build the relationship. Maybe some kind of trade?" He was sure there was something that Anathema had that the other pack would need. He was not sure what he would be able to ask for in return though he was sure his mother would have some kind of an idea when he mentioned this to her.

Word Count → 591

Points → 5

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

aaaaannnnd scene! lol. end thread <33

There was a silence enveloping the two males as Scorpius got used to riding tall and Saul watched on. It was nice to be able to teach someone- Gideon wouldnt go anywhere near a horse and none of his other siblings had made it back to Nova Scotia just yet. Wretch was too damaged at the moment to learn and Eclipse was always a little distant at the moment. So coming out here and teaching Scorpius was something that benefitted them both. Saul learnt that he was a good teacher, or at least adequate. And Scorpius learnt the basics at riding a horse. He seemed comfortable so Saul allowed him to continue to steer Hermes whichever way he wished, getting used to the animal following his command. Of course, the young male didnt particularly like the suggestion to go faster and his body tensed atop the horse. The agouti male backed off, a grin showing that he wasnt going to do anything just yet. And all too soon the male was pulling Hermes to a halt and jumping down. He backed off and looked towards the stallion before turning back.

He thanked him and Saul dipped his head softly. It had been a pleasure, that was for sure. He was genuinely shocked when Scorpius suggested a trade to strength the relationship between their packs. It was a brilliant idea and Saul inwardly kicked himself for not thinking of it sooner. He found himself nodding generously as he walked over to catch Hermes' reigns. "Thats a wonderful idea Scorpius. Ichika could use a ram if you have one! And we'll have to think about what you would like in exchange." He said, knowing the two would get a message to each other on the more detailed description of what was going to occur. However, it was time to go home now and he grasped Scorpius' shoulder gently before pulling away.

"I'll be over to Anathema soon to trade! It was good seeing you today Scorpius, I hope I can teach you again!"

He said before swinging himself up into Hermes' saddle. It was in relatively good condition, but he had no idea for how long it would stay like this. Unfortunately they had no means of making leather, or anyone who knew how to. Perhaps he would learn himself. Smiling softly he turned Hermes' back in the direction of Ichika, waving behind him before urging the stallion into a canter.

<style>
</style>[/html]