New life New home
He had left his mothers on their way to Anathema. His mom knew he would leave them eventually but not before they reached their new home. It was a split second decison to leave them in search of a new life and family. He had been traveling for weeks in his secui form, hunting and sleeping where he could. He was in search of a new family, some where he belonged. He didn't know what pack this was but as he lay at what he thought was the boarders, judging by the strong wolf scents he had been picking up this place seem like the place to be. He howled his presence to who ever heart him, hoping that being part coyote, part dog wouldn't keep him from joining the pack. He had heard of packs where hybrids were not welcome and were often shunned for being what they were.

He hoped to grow out of his silent, ackward ways as he hoped to make friends within the pack he hoped to be accepted in. He had trouble with his shyness and often had to repeat himself because he talked too low. He longed to find a meaning for his being on this planet and as he howled out again he wondered what good he would be in this pack. He had no skills besides making traps and he didn't want to be an hunter. He didn't have the body or the form to hunt anything other then small game. What would he bring to this pack he didn't know but he was willing to make the best of it,
[html]

Barrett Poer de Aika XIII

Barrett had been asleep when the howl rose up from the borders. He unfurled from his curled up position on the main deck of his covered bridge and rose with a languid stretch. The yearling cast a sideways glance to the opening in the rafters; Helix was up there inside his terrarium, but the snail would be safe for now. The earth-toned hybrid set off at a brisk trot and sounded a quick yowl, both to let the visitor and any other Dreamers he was en route.

At last, he spotted a splotchy male on the borders. The pack wolf's tail and hackles rose on instinct; whoever this guy was, he got bonus points for announcing his presence, but Barrett was always wary of strangers in their halfling form. He'd always been taught it was rude to approach claimed soil as anything but the unassuming lupus, and he made a point of downshifting whenever he had to visit other packs—even when it seemed really incovenient. As such, he kept a guarded distance from the younger male.

Still, he wasn't too hasty in his judgements. “Hey there,” he greeted casually, looking the hybrid up and down. Just when he thought a canine's colouration couldn't get any more unique, nature had yet another surprise in store. Barrett had grown up in the company of coyotes, hybrids, and dogs—but in the case of the latter, they were usually spitz hybrids. He'd never seen a merle coat; it looked like someone had haphazardly flung a brush of dark paint against a canvas of blue-grey. Strange. “You've reached Crimson Dreams; I'm Barrett. You're looking for a home, I presume?”

Image © wwarby@flickr · Font — Just Me Again Down Here · Table — Kiki
<style>
.bpdaXIII-graffiti {width:450px;margin:0px auto;font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content {text-align:justify;background-color:#5a4227;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;padding:220px 10px 0 10px;color:#E2860C;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... iki-bg.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Just Me Again Down Here', arial, serif;font-size:49px;color:#e8a605;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #000000;padding:0px;margin:0px;padding-bottom:9px;text-indent:0px;background-image:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:link, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:visited {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:active, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:hover {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content b {color:#1591a1;letter-spacing:1px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #144DC6;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content p {text-indent:30px;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... indent.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;}
</style>
[/html]
"Crimson Dreams? Thats what this pack is called? I come all the way from Inferni and yes I look to join your pack. I am very tired and hungry, its been a long trip. By the way my name is Sarajevo Berlin. Nice to meet you Barrett," he said softly, looking down. He pawed at the ground, a nervious habbit of his as he stood and waited.

"I don't know how this works but I hope to become someone great in this pack. I don't have a lot to offer but I am a quick learner. I hope things work out for me," he whispered softly looking up at Barrett again. He knew things were going to get ackward quick but held his ground and hoped for the best. New land, new home, new family. He was willing to prove to Barrett he should be there if need be but he hoped things would be simpler. He looked the male over, getting the feeling that he wasn't a evil, mean leader. He hoped he could become good friends with the leader and learn from him.
[html]
<3

Barrett's dark chocolate ears twitched lightly as the stranger began to speak; he tried his best to pay attention, he really did, but by the end of Sarajevo's spiel his eyes were glazed over somewhat. On the upside, he could usually pass for a good listener, even if he wasn't—he nodded and smiled whenever it seemed appropriate, and he managed to catch the most relevant details. When the merled youth finished, the mocha adolescent offered a reassuring wag of his tail.

“Well, Crimson Dreams is happy to teach those who are willing to learn,” he replied. Were they? Probably—his jovial, kind-hearted pack mates seemed to fit the bill. The statement was proclaimed with such cool confidence it would be impossible to tell the Patrician was mostly pulling things out of his arse at this point. He'd been lucky when he joined, as his mother was friends with the Alpha—but now, he had listened to Savina interrogate a couple potential recruits (in the nicest way possible, of course). He was getting a better handle on how these things worked. “Are there any areas that interest you, that you'd be willing to investigate further?”

A pause. “Also... you said you left Inferni; how come? Does Zeke know?” The boy wasn't usually the sort to pry into others' personal business, but he was curious. It helped he got along just swimmingly with two of the clan members—Ezekiel and Sage. He didn't want to sour his good relationship with the Aquila by harbouring one of his old members, if the boy with ice-blue eyes hadn't bothered to inform the tawny coyote hybrid of his depature.

<style>
.bpdaXIII-graffiti {width:450px;margin:0px auto;font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content {text-align:justify;background-color:#5a4227;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;padding:220px 10px 0 10px;color:#E2860C;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... iki-bg.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Just Me Again Down Here', arial, serif;font-size:49px;color:#e8a605;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #000000;padding:0px;margin:0px;padding-bottom:9px;text-indent:0px;background-image:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:link, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:visited {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:active, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:hover {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content b {color:#1591a1;letter-spacing:1px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #144DC6;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content p {text-indent:30px;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... indent.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;}
</style>
[/html]
Sara thought for a moment before answering Barretts questions.
"I am sure Zeke knows I left. I was with Io and her mate when I left. My mother was tired of Inferni and her and her mate decided to leave. I was with them for some time but I felt the urge to leave and make something of myself somewhere else. I have always wanted to study medicine or take care of any animals that are around. I am sure I would do well in those fields," he said with a smile. He hoped to learn a lot and have a place to stay soon if he was accepted into the pack. Barrett seemed like the kind of fellow that would help him and he hoped that they became friends.

He looked at Barrett and hoped he was paying attention. There was something about this male that he found interesting. Maybe it was his power or the fact that he had heard him and came, making it so that he didn't have to wait too long. He knew he wasn't the best looking hybred around but for some reason Barrett gave him strength and confidence he found rather confusing. Was he falling for a male? Was it his mothers fault he was attacted to the same sex? All these questions circled his mind as he stared a Barrett.
[html]
LOL @ your post. Also, I'm really sorry about the wait, I felt like hell all day yesterday and couldn't post u~u You can put in leader needed now though :3

Hmm; so his whole family departed Inferni en masse? Barrett couldn't say he was particularly surprised, just based off of Anselm's stories (not to mention the numerous skulls that dotted the borders). The clan could be a violent place, and it wasn't for everybody—especially someone with more peaceful aspirations, like healing the sick or tending to livestock. In that case, the greyscale Berlin had come to the right place. “We do have livestock,” he reflected, “and I know of a couple folks who study medicine who might be able to teach you.”

It struck him as somewhat strange that Sarajevo would abandon his parents in the chaos of their exodus (wouldn't he rather stay with those he loved when everything else was changing?), but then he thought back. What was he doing when he was about Sarajevo's age? Sometimes it was hard to fan away the cloud of smoke and swim through the sea of alcohol to get to those memories, which were still there, of course, but always more distant than they should be. And then.. aha, right. “Well, as long as everyone knows where you're at and doesn't come banging down our door looking for you, we should be good. I'll call for one of the leaders.”

With that, he tipped back his head and pointed his muzzle roughly in the direction of the Manor. He sounded a powerful howl—his voice was deeper in song than in speech—and then he quieted with a shrug and a few more friendly thumps of his tail. He had no idea what the dog hybrid was thinking, but if he had, he probably wouldn't have been so casual.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 347 ::

The Dreamer alpha had been quite busy the past few days, busier than usual. She had just welcomed two new members to the pack. Charm had been an entirely new face but the other, Soran, she knew from the past and was happy to welcome back to their ranks. She sorely hoped that Mati would eventually warm to her grandmother and they could form some sort of relationship, though she knew such a thing would not come easily to her daughter's mate. Mati's blood parents had abandoned her and neglected her and since Soran had only been present while she was still very young it would take time and a leap of faith for the Church fey to trust the dark lady. Soran had a good heart though, and Savina was sure Mati would see that sooner or later.

Savina was laying lazily in the grass outside the manor with her eyes closed as she simply listened to the sounds of the world around her: the chirruping of birds, the sound of the wind in the trees, an occasional buzzing bee. It was peaceful, just as she wanted her home to be. When Barrett's howl came to her ears she shot up in disbelief. Another person who sought acceptance? It boggled the Consul's mind, but she stood up and shook herself off anyway and swiftly made her way to the borders.

She spotted the darkly hued yearling and the dog that was clearly whom she had been called here to meet. Savina had not met many dogs, but this one reminded her of Ruri, the soft-spoken woman had had helped to lead Cour des Miracles. The Marino gave the Patrician a smile as she arrived. "Do I have you to thank for bringing us all these strays?" she joked lightly. Quickly her attention turned to the merle male. "I am Savina Marino, Consul here in Crimson Dreams. What is it that you can offer my pack in return for a home?" The question was asked almost reflexively with how often she had spoken it in recent days.

<style>
.savina-a02 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000;}
.savina-a02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.savina-a02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.savina-a02 b {color:#72888a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.savina-a02 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#591254; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:474px;}
.savina-a02 .inner{background-color:#ffd0bb; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/savina-a02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:474px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Sarajevo was taken back by the sheer beauty of Crimson Dreams alpha. A beautiful ebony wolfess with stark green eyes had come to hopefully accept him. "I don't know much Madame but I am a quick learner. I would like to learn either medicine or how to take care of animals. My name is Sarajevo Berlin. I have traveled from Inferni to join this pack and understand if you don't want a scuffy guy like me. I just feel this is the place I can make a difference," he said looking down. She held power and it was unkind to stare at an alpha the way he was. He was below her and as he waited for her answer he lowered himself lower then her as a way of showing he had not only come for acceptance but that he also knew is rank in the scheme of things.

"I apologize if your tired of accepting people. I can find another pack if you want," he said softly, pawing the ground as a nervious tick. She seemed like the accepting type and he was willing to prove himself to her that he was worth being there, one way or another.
[html]

MAD short, sorry D:

Savina found them quickly; Barrett lowered himself as instinct and tradition dictated. Her rhetorical question elicited no words from the brown male... but a few happy-go-lucky flops of his bushy tail, a gracious bow of his head, and a broad canine smile spoke for him. They settled into business soon afterwards, and he listened as Sarajevo reiterated his intentions. The kid seemed sort of down on himself, which the Patrician found strange—wasn't the point of these interviews to sell yourself?

“He said Zeke—er, Inferni's Aquila—and his parents know where he's at,” Barrett chimed in, carefully watching the prospective joiner to make sure he hadn't been lying or stretching the truth. It only shone through in subtle ways, but the mocha yearling did have a good head when it came to knowing what questions to ask, what kind of situations could arise by not being mindful of such things. Even if Sarajevo hadn't been upfront with Ezekiel, Barrett supposed his tawny cousin had bigger fish to fry... but he still hoped to keep the air clear, and he guessed Savina did, too.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 289 ::

Savina looked down on the doggish male kindly as he promptly answered her question and explained what he was looking for and what his aspirations were. It was not too much of a surprise to learn that at the moment there was nothing Sarajevo was particularly skilled in—the male was young and likely hadn't had time to find his niche yet. He did have ideas of what he wished to learn though and that was good enough for the Consul. He then shrunk down in front of her to show her submission and offered a sort of apologetic statement that almost made her chuckle because it was an unnecessary concern. Savina held the laughter back though for she did not want Sarajevo to think that such laughter was directly at his person.

Barrett chimed in that his former leader and the boy's parents were aware of his location, which was also a relief. She certainly did not want to deal with some angry guardian coming to her borders searching for the merle canine. "You don't have to worry about finding another pack Sarajevo, as I am happy to accept you into Crimson Dreams as a Plebeian. If you wish to learn the healing arts I would search out my daughter, Cambria, she is our Medicus. However we could also use someone to care for animals. We used to have none, but have acquired quite a few as the moons have passed." Her tail wagged a handful of times in a friendly and welcoming gesture in hope of quelling Sarajevo's worries. "You're welcome to make your den wherever you wish; there are many suitable locales in our territory. The Manor is the most popular, but there are countless others."

<style>
.savina-a02 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000;}
.savina-a02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.savina-a02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.savina-a02 b {color:#72888a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.savina-a02 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#591254; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:474px;}
.savina-a02 .inner{background-color:#ffd0bb; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/savina-a02.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 270px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:474px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to Crimson Dreams!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Veles rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Customs so that you and your character can abide by Crimson Dreams' standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact either Erin or Alli and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!