Warmth of the heart
[html]

OOC: I hope you were ready for this Tongue in any case if not it can wait <3

Shawchert woke early that morning as he always did these days, and was soon on the lookout over the wooded area of Cercatori into the valley and town, as well as the beach. Nothing stirred and all seemed at peace for now. Demitrius prodded Shaw, as usual, that food would be a good idea before he went tramping off through the forest on his normal morning hunt for flowers and herbs for his once fiance. He would try to confront her today, he had given her time enough to get use to him being there, now he would do what he could to court her. He wanted to show her the treetop terrace, where he now called home. He had many stations set up to be able to see much of the whole of Cercatori, and he knew no one could get past his eye. Hopefully others would join in and help him, but he wasn’t at that point to find anyone else. His main objective today is to get Sky to trust him. He was in no hurry and knew that she loved him deep down, he just didn’t know if she would ever forgive him.

Finding the herbs he had the day before and a few finely beautiful flowers, he headed towards Sky’s house in the middle of Cercatori. The skulls on display gave him shudders and he wished she would take them down. He had enough memory of his child’s murderer and death. The boy reminded him every time he made his presence known. He took a deep breath before knocking. It was now late morning, so he was sure she was up and dressed. He hoped she was as he finished knocking. He stood at the doorway with herbs and flowers mixed with each other, ready to be handed to her the moment she opened the door.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
Sky is displeased. Time to haul out the radioactive robots, yo.

The knocking was answered by a muffled squeak from another room, probably the livingroom right from the doorway. Some shuffling and a growl later, Sky was at the door, grumbling sorely about something and looking down at another. Her eyes met with a batch of various plants, flowers and herbs mostly. She blinked, letting a smile of happy surprise light her face just barely a moment... then she saw who was holding them and frowned disapprovingly, crossing her arms and leaning on her doorframe.

I suppose you're here to say sorry. She paused, raising an eyebrow rather sharply and lowering her eyelids. Again. She didn't sound impressed, as if begrudgingly greeting an annoying neighbor or co-worker... maybe a friendly aquaintance at best. She paused, as if to let him speak, but a moment later she stood up again, her arms moving to the edge of the door and the wall inside, as if to slam it shut.

You can forget it, darlin'. I'm still mad at you. She didn't shut the door, though. Instead, she stood at the ready, waiting for a response or denial, a protest maybe. Her ears were bent back, tail flicking unevenly behind her and claws tapping the wall impatiently. Clearly the previous attempts hadn't been enough to warm her over.

code by kiki - image by sky

<style>
.sk-party-table {width:380px;height:600px;margin:0 auto;border:2px solid black;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/l5cAT.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;margin-top:5px;}
.sk-pt-interior {padding:5px;}
.sk-pt-special {text-align:left;font-size:12px;color:black;}
.sk-pt-wc {font-weight:bold;color:#c0c0c0;font-size:12px;}
.sk-pt-ooc {font-weight:normal;font-style:italic;font-size:10px;color:#c0c0c0;}
.sk-pt-post {margin:0px auto;width:340px;border:1px solid black;height:310px;overflow:auto;font-size:11px;color:#641a1e;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png);background-color:transparent;background-repeat:repeat;border-top-left-radius:3px;border-bottom-left-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius-topleft:3px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:3px;-webkit-border-radius-bottomleft:3px;-webkit-border-radius-topleft:3px;padding:5px;}
.sk-pt-post b {color:#51865a;}
.sk-pt-post p {text-indent:10px;}
.sk-pt-tags {margin-top:60px;width:137px;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png);background-color:transparent;background-repeat:repeat;border:1px solid black;font-size:10px;color:#c0c0c0;margin-left:5px;}
.sk-pt-header {font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;}
.sk-pt-subheader {font-weight:bold;}
.sk-pt-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 362 OOC: This will be interesting.

He didn’t expect a scowl when the door was answered and this caused him to temporarily forget himself, but as she moved her hand as though to act as shutting the door he seemed to stand taller. He had natural charm, and he wasn’t going to let Sky’s bully attitude mess this up, he cleared his throat.

“No, actually I was hoping you would like to get out of that dusty old house and take a walk with me.”

His voice sounded confident, and hopeful, his eyes pleading and he move his hand that held the flowers and herbs over to her, hoping she would accept. He wanted to show her he was still pretty much the same Shaw, though changed due to the events in his life, he was still the big soft hearted brute and she still had him by her pinky. He had never changed his mind about her and never planned on running away from her. He berated himself not to put all over his letter “Urgent” Or “I will return” but at the time that was not on his mind. He had only wanted to reassure her that he would return to continue his life with her....but it was all in vain and now he had to build up his trust again...

“Please accept, I hardly see you out and I sorely miss your company. Your voice no matter how unhappy has always been kind to my heart...”

He said finally, hoping he didn’t lay on too hard and too quick. He gave her one of his now rare smiles. One that he use to make before the incident with him being a former leader. It was genuine and spoke of happier times. He was almost panicking inside though, thinking, she’s just gonna slam the door, but there was a little trickle of hope somewhere deep down. He could not make her walk with him, but if she didn’t come with him he’d sit on her porch and play bad music till she decided to. He wasn’t going to mention that little bit until she slammed the door.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
Sky is displeased. Time to haul out the radioactive robots, yo.

She didn't close the door. She didn't soften any at his words, but she didn't close the door either, which meant that it was working... very slightly. Her eyes moved to the plants and she frowned scoldingly. You shouldn't have picked them by the stems. That kills the plant. Still, she reached out and took them from him, brushing past him and over to a pot she had resting near her front door, setting them in there and moving back to close and lock the door. I was going to go for a walk anyway. You might as well tag along.

She turned and walked past him down the front steps, pausing to adjust the skulls a bit, straightening one that had slipped crooked. As her fingers left the smooth surface of the fox skull, she frowned and hesitated. When she spoke again, her voice was soft, undertoned and distant. You and Orin weren't the only ones to lose something to that monster. What he did... it effected the entire pack. Even our newest members fear our history. They sense it, the lingering terror, the uncertainty. He didn't just take lives from us... She looked over at Shawchert and for the first time in a long time, her eyes were clear, pained... ...He took our peace of mind. And then we lost our leader.

What were we supposed to do, Shawchert? When I came home, I found chaos, worse than when Argul had been alive and killing. What you did, leaving me without a mate... that was nothing compared to the heavy scar you've left on this pack. Stop seeking my forgiveness and start worrying more about the pack you helped create. The pack you abandoned.

It was harsh, very harsh. Sky knew that. But she also knew that when D'Arte had needed him the most, the man had up and left. Sure, he had a good reason to leave. She'd never blame him for that... but he could've done more to prepare for his absense. When she'd returned, Skye had been stressed out with pups on the way and a pack to revive all on her own. Sky was quick to jump back into her duties... but that only meant she could watch as the gaping wound he'd left in their numbers turned into an ugly scar. One that wouldn't soon fade away.

<style>
.sk-party-table {width:380px;height:600px;margin:0 auto;border:2px solid black;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/l5cAT.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;margin-top:5px;}
.sk-pt-post {margin:0px auto;width:340px;border:1px solid black;height:310px;overflow:auto;font-size:11px;color:#641a1e;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png);background-color:transparent;background-repeat:repeat;border-top-left-radius:3px;border-bottom-left-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius-topleft:3px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:3px;-webkit-border-radius-bottomleft:3px;-webkit-border-radius-topleft:3px;padding:5px;}
.sk-pt-tags {margin-top:60px;width:137px;background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_black.png);background-color:transparent;background-repeat:repeat;border:1px solid black;font-size:10px;color:#c0c0c0;margin-left:5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 568 OOC: Massive post... and i had it done last night and i fell asleep writing it

She scolded him about the plants he had picked for her and felt shamefaced. He was not one to normally pick wild greens from anything, and was more apt to keep them where the were and enjoy them in their natural habitat. Shaw could only give a shrug then a nod and watched as she moved around telling him he could tag along. Of course the first thing that came to mind was to protest, but he thought better of it. He would be able to show her soon enough.... He made to follow her and watched as she put her hands on the skulls of the animals Argul had staged for Shaw. He clenched his jaws a little wishing that he could just lob the things somewhere away from him and they would shatter into a million pieces, but he didn’t he just listened. He bit his lip and tried not to go up to her and embrace her as she let her feelings out. He didn’t want to see hurt, sad, or in pain in any way and he knew all this the words that came from her mouth and the sad look in her eyes. He would let her have her say.

“There are many things I wish I could take back Sky, so many, especially the part of me being the leader. I was no leader, I was not strong enough to handle what life threw at me, I stepped down in the worst possible time and way... No one can forgive me for that and I cannot ask for that forgiveness, it was a grave mistake, one of many I have made in the few months I was the leader. Things were too carefree back then.. I was too carefree back then, not thinking about how easy it would be for someone to come in and just hurt any of our members

He looked to his hands, one of which was now holding onto the sword he strapped to his waist, a thing he had not left without since leaving his mothers death place. He looked back at Sky.

“The only way I can pay back what I owe to everyone is to try to protect you. I think my mother saw it in me a long time ago... As a leader I was suppose to protect you, and make sure nothing bad came to the pack, but I couldn’t do that, not the way I was. I’ve found a different calling, I will make sure nothing gets past these borders without any say so, I may have to recruit others, but I will do everything in my willpower to make this the safest pack ever.”

He hesitated for a moment, but not in indecision, mostly for effect, then turned back to the woman he loved.

“Words won’t show you though, action will, and it’s one of the reasons I wanted to have a walk with you. I want to show you something.”

He said, he was about to take her hand, but thought better of it, she was still angry with him, and it seemed there was no need to ask why. She had pretty much said all she needed to for him to know why she was upset and he didn’t need her to say in thing at all

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
Darp.

Though she'd tuned out his words at some point after he'd started talking, her mind still registered the meaning behind it. Apologies and promies of good faith, yadda, yadda. Words mean nothing without action. Why won't he stop talking about it? It's annoying. Chimed in that dark voice of her's, officially annoyed with the male. Sky frowned at it, equally annoyed but more so with the voice for even bothering to speak up during his speech.

Why don't you just... A softer voice chimed in, one of her 'sons'. ...be friendly? He's trying so hard to make it up to you. The other finished. She nibbled her lip slightly at this thought and hesitated.

What's the worst that could happen? The chimed together, winning the debate hands-down.

...alright. She murmured softly. Lead the way. She waved an arm out in front of her and looked at him thoughtfully, her anger simmering away and being replaced with mild annoyance. She'd be nice... at least, for now, anyway. No point in ruining her own good mood to be angry at Shawchert.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

Shawchert’s mind reeled, how could he have to do this? Why should he, he never left her he never gave up on her, and now she could barely stand his presence. He stiffened slightly as she seemed rather annoyed and he doubted even showing her his improvements on the terrace and all he could see from there was enough, not even showng her his patrol route he took every morning. It was starting to feel as though he had lost the woman he loved. Why did he HAVE to convince her at all, yes she deserved to be mad at him but.... He shook the thoughts from his head and bit his tongue as she asked him to lead the way. He had to make it up to her and he would. He moved further into the forest, and kept walking in silence, only aware of his own thoughts, angry at himself that he should know that he would never get her back, and wonder if she had read that stupid letter if things would be different. How could she think that he had ever left her at all.. Once they got to the terrace he pointed up silently then started to climb himself. At eyel evel, one could see every bridge and building though much of it was hidden in the trees. Shawchert made each one as safe and structurally sound as possible, from a point of the trees, many were great for certain types of small buildings, but once where he wanted to be he pulled himself on a wooden platform that was attached to the tree they’d climbed, which had wooden planks as a ladder.

“This is my new home and vantage point. I can see all of Cercatori d’ Arte from here. I did this because I will do everything in my willpower not to let another problem arise as it had in the past. I found who i should be not who i want to be. I patrol every morning and evening. I am one wolf, so I can’t be perfect, but I will hopefully rectify that by recruiting others to join in the protection of cercatori..”

His plans were working out so far, though he was still in the stages of getting finished setting things up. Then he would recruit. So for now he was just a one man army, though he had to sleep, and carve and hunt and try to woo the woman he loved and never stopped loving.... though it seemed obvious she had stopped loving him a while ago. His face was somber and there was no smile, no hint of his easy self he’d been. Right now he was a stone on the inside, though inside that stone he was screaming wanting to be let out, but that would come later to his own privacy.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]