birds of a feather
[html]

26th July . 2pm . Cobequid Foothills . Optime Form
Can change the date if need be! I got bored so I decided to make it!

He had decided to leave Hermes at home today and come out to the foothills surronding Ichika and Anathema on his own. It would be nice to explore without worry for his horse, although both Hermes and Arete had kicked up a fuss at being left behind once again. He made sure they were regularly exercise, but they still didnt seem like he was treating them right. He'd left them both in the paddock today, the heat wan enough for them to stay out there all day if they wished. He knew Adonia would keep good care of them, as would Jace and Ookami. He should push the thoughts from his mind, he was just finding it difficult at the moment not to dwell on things. They plagued him and he was beginning to suffer from everything that had happened. However, moving away from Ichika and the hardships he was coming up against, the male had taken to the foothills after he'd seen Scorpius here over a week ago. The sun was weak on the earth but it was bright enough and the male moved with ease, a supple satchel over his body. Occasionally he would stop and scoop up a flower or a plant that was useful to him.

While last time he'd headed out across the foothills, his journey this time bought him closer to the Halycon mountains, so much so that the male eventually stopped by a tree cast in the shadow of the giants. Anatheman land was only a stones throw away, or so it felt like it. Sitting down as he had done previously, the male bought out a strip of dried deer meat, from the hunt that he and Arye had gone on a while ago now. The meat was still good now that it had been dried and the male chewed softly on a strip before swallowing. It was peaceful and quiet out here and the male knew that he would be out here a lot when spare time allowed. He loved Ichika and knew that it would be his home for the rest of his life. But at the moment, events were dragging him down. Still, he couldnt help the grin that splashed across his lips as he took a deep breath, pulling some berries from the bramble bush nearby. It was going to be a nice day, he just had to relax and let the sun wash over him, take away all his worries.

<style>
.saulow2 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saulow2 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saulow2 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saulow2 {background-color:#122467; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... ight-2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2d0ff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Niro's so lost hahaha

For once Niro was having difficulties. He had heard of the pack Anathema but had never actually been to it, so he was going by directions, instinct and smell, and soon found himself within the mountains, though he could smell the blasted pack one second and the next it was gone, as though his own sense of smell was going bad. He growled to himself, which in turn made the pigeon in its cage flutter around in fear. Marahute, who was on her normal perch of his shoulder flapped her wings in answer to the smaller bird, she had finally been let out of the sling, but had yet to make an attempt to fly. He wondered if she could even fly anymore. He knew that the young golden eagle would know and she would try without him forcing her.

Niro came upon a scent and this time it stuck, he knew it was a wolf, but if the wolf was at home around here, maybe they could know where to find the entrance to the pack Anahema, he would hope so. He hurried towards the smell before it was gone, and saw a grey figure.

“Hello, my name is Niro Takekuro, I hope I am not bothing you, I just need some help.”

The bird ladened man said, making his appearance known to the other male. He had seemed content, and wondered if Niro was intruding on the man’s solitude, but it was too late. The stupid idiot couldn’t think ahead of time before barging in ...

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

naaawwww <33

The tree was hard against his back, but the suns heat had warmed it to create a soothing temperature against his body. The bramble bush beside him was good shelter, although perhaps not the best shelter from the mountains which lay to the left of him. He closed his eyes softly, enjoying the aftertaste of the berries in his mouth. It was ironic that just a few moments ago, thoughts threatened to overtake his mind, threatened to throw him into a frenzy of worry. Out here, it was peaceful and calm. He just needed to organise his thoughts, organise his days and get on with it. There was no other option for it but that. Settling against the tree, he allowed the suns now-moderate heat to warm his face. He wore only a pair of shorts, his customary wear. He had never really been one for actual clothes, instead chosing only to cover up the most vital parts and remain as such. Wolves were hardy and were rarely ever cold, so the male was fine. With a smile, he remembered the red cloak that he had found so long ago. It was still in good condition and what hadn't been in quite so mint condition he had given to Bris to fix, which she had. He only ever wore it in winter, because it was so thick and heavy, but it was a good thing to have.

Thoughts were interupted from a shrill cry of a small bird and turned to look. Coming towards him was a tall grey luperci with an eagle on his shoulder and a smaller bird in a cage in his hands. The scene was shocking enough that Saul did not immediately jump to his feet. Allowing his muzzle to drop open in a comical expression for just a moment, the flapping of the eagles wings made him smile. The bird was beautiful, there was no doubt about that. Rich tones caught his attention and Saul stood then, a smile on his face. It was clear from the agitated and annoyed expression on the males face that he was lost. His words comfirmed what his expression said- he was lost. Saul came towards him, brushing surruptisiously at his mouth to rid it of any berry juice before speaking. "You weren't distrubing me, Niro. I'm Saul Stormbringer, its nice to meet you. How can I help you?"

He asked, green eyes wandered over to the bird on his shoulder. It eyed him back, a piercing look that Saul couldnt help grinning to. He felt like a pup again, finding new things. The pigeon in the cage flapped its wings and Saul glancec down at it. Clearly not treated the same as the eagle. "You have quite the collection there Niro..." He commented, hoping the pale coloured male would go further in explaining why he had the birds and what they were used for.

<style>
.saulow2 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saulow2 {background-color:#122467; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... ight-2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2d0ff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Niro was not surprised at the reaction he got from his feathered friends. He was used to it. It was very rare to really see birds that were trained, much less the raptors of the sky. Niro had more at home but his usual companion was Marahute. He was glad the man greeted him well, and was happy that he would try to help Niro.

“I’m looking for Anathema, I can smell the place, but I can’t find where the pack lives.

He felt slightly embarrassed that he had to admit that he might be losing his sense of smell. He just wanted to get home back to his family. At the mention of his birds he smiled, knowing the man was quite curious. His smile was an automatic one, albeit, embarrassed.

“Ah thank you, actually I’m starting up a messenger service of sorts. where packs can communicate to one another. I’ve wanted to use hawks but it seems there are few of those around as it is, probably haven’t had time since the humans took their hopmes from them so long ago, but right now I’m using pigeons, they are dumb as bricks.... but at least they know how to get from one place to another. I’ve been able to train them to do that at least.”

The man shrugged. He was probably going to have to travel to get the birds of prey he wanted. He knew there so many different kinds but he liked the smarter ones, the falcons and hawks that did not team the sky as so many other birds did.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

naaawwww <33

The laden male spoke quickly in reply to his words and Saul smiled softly. Anathema lay just a stones throw away from where they stood, but he could understand why it was elusive to him. While the Anathemans had claimed a lot of land above ground, the majority of their ground was beneath the surface. Saul often heard the noise from the caverns that lay close to where they stood now. With a subtle point towards the mountains the male had just walked over, Saul offered with an apologetic shrug of his shoulders; "Anathema lie within and around the mountains you've just crossed. I imagine you passed their dens just a few moments ago. Of course, they would not take too kindly to your walking into their dens, so I suggest you call at the borders." He chuckled softly, trying not to imagine the upset the grey male would cause if he walked into the Anathemans territory, unknowing that he was trespassing. Still, he had no desire to send the male to a certain doom, so caution was necessary.

His attention turned once more to the birds in the males care. He was captured by the hawk, but the pigeon in the cage was equally enthralling. Niro began to speak and Saul was struck with the practical aspect of having birds carry your messages for them. He cast his mind back to the beginning of July, the three days it had taken him to get down into the dampwoods and back up home again. Of course, his journey was necessary for catching his horses. But if he wanted to get a message to one of the southern packs, it would have taken him a week to make the journey down and back up again. Green eyes were wide as he looked up at the male, a rueful smile washing over his lips.

"How did you train the pigeon? I really think Ichika could benefit from a system like this- we are so far away it takes days to get over the mountains and back again. Pigeons would make our lives a lot easier, thats for sure."

He asked, a plan forming in his mind. If he could learn how to train pigeons from this man, he might be able to set up a similar system in Ichika. It was an exciting prospect and one that was clear in the males eyes.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 360 OOC: Niro talks too much hahaha

Niro nodded at the man’s advice. He never had any intentions of trespassing, though he wasn’t sure where the whole pack started, it was deceiving. He would go back later and find where they were for now his own interest was being questioned and he liked this. The man had a familiar smell to him, though he didn’t know if it was the pack he was thinking of or not. The man smelled slightly different than the one he’d visited last.

“Well it’s not so hard once you learn how, it’s a matter of getting to their skulls that they will be fed if they do what you want.”

Niro went on explaining how he worked with the birds, and how he planned to do the same with hawks and falcons as well when he got enough.

“The thing is, there aren’t that many raptors around here. I would have to travel further inland to find more, even some areas that would have far more of them than here. There are plenty of places around here, but I guess not enough to sustain their own eating habits, so for now I’m using pigeons. I had gone to a few packs, I thought you were from Dahlia de Mai, which I had offered them one and they had accepted, but you say you’re from Ish.. itchi... um what was that again, I’m sorry.... where is it, I may have to take a journey and offer a pigeon as well. I’ve got many and will have many more, the birds don’t tend to be smart enough to carry to multiple packs, even hawks have that problem, but they will easily go from one pack and back, so I hope to settle everyone with many birds and hopefully teach someone how to get them to send messages.

When it came to his work, Niro loved talking about it, but he did finally close his mouth, and smile at the man, wondering how much he had just absorbed. He would gladly repeat, and if necessary write down instructions, after all that was how he learned.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

<33

Green eyes were a touch excited as he looked from the grey male to the birds on his body. It would make their lives a whole lot easier if they could send messages instead of having to talk in person. The male smiled softly as Niro spoke about the birds, telling him that as long as an association was made between carrying things to a certain place was rewarded with food, the birds would understand. For the first few seconds after this statement, Saul considered just how much work Niro must have put into training the birds. Was that why he had a pigeon with him? To give one to Anathema? He wasnt sure and he didnt want to ask, because it might perhaps seem just a little bit too prying. He nodded instead, a chuckle escaping.

"Its like a lot of the animals round here, although I must say I've never tried to train a bird..."

Perhaps he should learn off the male, so that if there ever came a time that Niro were to give Ichika a bird of their own, that Saul might be able to train more birds to go to different packs to the one the male belonged to. Saul looked up as the male started speaking, explaining first about the lack of raptors. Saul nodded softly, before the male continued on, in a round about manner. Chuckled softly as he spoke about Dahlia, Saul nodded once more. "Ichika no Ho-en. Its a bit of a mouthful. Dahlia de Mai is no longer- Nayru decided that the best course of action would be to merge Phoenix Valley and Dahlia to create a new pack up here past the mountains. Apparently not many people know about it. But since you offered one to Dahlia and we accepted, I am sure the sentiment is still here. I know I for one would love to be able to send messages to other packs" He offered when the male had finished speaking. He considered what the male had said about the birds not being able to send to multiple packs.

"Do you think raptors would be intelligent enough to send to multiple packs?" He said, thinking of his own advanage. Niro might be a long way from the mainland, but Ichika was already over the mountains and that was a lot of the journey on its own. Perhaps he would go on a search for some more raptors.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 329 OOC: Awerrrrr need Niro muse bad

Niro smiled kindly at the man as he gave directions to Niro. He knew perfectly well that he shouldn’t tresspass. He had learned from other’s experience. He had yet to trespass. He had too good of a nose to run through someone else’s back yard. Marahute was looking at Saul with her mouth half open and from one side as she could not see straight in front of her, and her head keep moving to keep focus on him. Her mouth was slightly open taking in the man’s scent, and shee seemed taken by him. Niro knew that only a few wolves had gotten this reaction out of her and he was certain Saul could be trusted.

“I learned it’s mostly bribe when it comes to pigeons... well most birds in any case, but they just have an odd sense of direction and knwo where they eat. It’s not hard to get them to go between one place and another, even out in the field as long as they know.,”

He said, shouldering Marahute down his arm, she had started clenching wth her talons and it hurt him a bit. The eagle sidestepped onto his forearm, where she would have a better grip, but her attention still on Saul. This gave Niro the time to think about Sauls question, and try to procure a good answer.

“It might be possible, but I’m afraid the only mentions that have anything to do with messanger hawks are in those fantasy books my sister reads, but I think with time and patience and possibly some low speech they could easily do multiple areas as long as they know where those areas are.”

Niro said, thoughtfully, it was an experiment he may have to try, maybe with Gregor, but he would also want a smaller bird and smarter one at that. Bald eagles weren’t dumb but they also weren’t the most clever of animals either.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]

<33

He hadnt at first noticed the look his hawk was giving him. Green eyes swept over to the female once more, seeing her eyeing him sharply with her mouth half open in a silent screech. She was a beautiful creature and a fierce longing for a bird like the one Niro had on his shoulder over took him. The males words distracted him from his desire however and he turned back to Niro was a soft smile. He found he quite liked the male with the birds, he quite enjoyed the males company. He spoke of bribes and Saul began to get an idea of how a pigeon might be trained to carry something from one place to another. Of course, he could also see where a pigeon might get confused. One path was difficult enough to forge, but multiple paths seemed just impossible.

"I'm very interested in learning how to train some birds up myself for Ichika. I believe it would be an invaluable tool, especially for places like AniWaya... I dread to think how long that trip would take!"

He chuckled, watching as Niro shifted the bird from his shoulder down onto his forearm. He couldnt see any leather patch on his shoulder that served as a perch for the bird, but he couldnt see any blood where the bird had pierced his skin either. Niro began to consider Saul's words about raptors being taught to send to more than one location. It could be possible, Niro explained, if one could speak low speech. Of course, that would make life a whole lot easier for them if one of them could speak low speech. Especially that of a bird. Saul considered how one would learn how to speak low speech, but he came up trumps. He rolled his shoulders in a shrug, sourly tempted to reach out and run a finger over the raptors carefully sculpted head. He refrained, not wanting to have his finger bitten.

"I imagine low speech would work. How many packs have you set up with communication in this way?"

He asked, wondering how many packs had ways of getting messages to each other. He imagined once they got a serious system up, there would have to be someone in charge of the messages. Since there would probably be only one bird assigned for each pack, there could be a multitude of letters at one time. Perhaps he would talk to Nayru or Razekiel about setting up a rank for the keeper of the birds, if there ever arose a need for it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
WC: 305
[html]

“If you say what you have already, you do have one of my pigeons in your care. It will more than likely still go to Cour des miracles, but I wouldn’t mind showing you a thing or two about bird training. Would you like to learn now or set up a date for me to visit or vice versa?”

He had so much to do himself, but he would free up time to help anyone interested in the trade he had been learning himself. Saul gave his thoughts on low speech, though it would work, learning the ability too a lot out of a wolf and his time and Niro didn’t have that time himself.

“Well I don’t think you’d have to learn low speech, but I think it could have a very big factor in understanding each other, but if we can find a way I think i’d shoot the pigeons with an arrow and stew them up.”

He said jokingly, though in a way he was serious, he probably would cook up the birds once he found a better way of transporting letters. He could see that Saul was seeing the possibilities for what could be, and this was good, because this meant Saul was serious about it.

“It also seems like Marahute likes you too, If you want she likes being petted over here and under here.”

He said, he could see the want in the male and he knew it was hard to control with something so beautiful so close. He showed Saul where Marahute liked her scratches, which was on the back of her head and right under her beak. Niro smiled as she half closed her eyes when he gave her an itch underneath her powerful jaw.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]