In these bodies we will live
[html]
Yaaaay brofer thread! Big Grin

As Haven walked towards the stables with his son by his side it was hard to believe how much the boy had grown in such a seemingly small amount of time. To the father the birth of his children was in clear in his mind as if it had happened yesterday. Yet here Linden was, six months old. He held much the same build as his father: an average height and muscles were beginning to show as the puppy fat melted away. The golden eyed boy had not gone through his first shift yet, but surely it would only be a matter of time before that happened. He had reached the right age now. The Aatte didn't know when Princess had first changed forms, but Haven himself had been right on time. All through his puphood he had been anxious to be able to stand on two legs and have hands. He sensed the same eagerness in his son. Will I be able to pick out a horse for myself? After I'm able to shift? The man smiled down at Linden. You sure will. Your uncle might even have some good ideas of which would suit you.

Alder had become the new Marshall of the Kingdom, filling the void that had been left with Heath had left. There were times where the Knight was still deeply grieved by the loss of his dear friend and his lovely mate who Haven had also been close to. If their former King ever showed his face here again and found that what had lead his friends away had been a pack of lies—for he suspected as much—he would meet the collie with the point of his sword. His thoughts were far from such dark places as they reached the large structure that smelled so pleasantly of horse and hay. Linden rushed ahead, calling for his uncle, while Haven brought up the rear, a smile on his face.

Haven Puppy

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a5611b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #082048; }
.erinfreeb2 npc {font-weight:bold; color:#87b5ff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #082048; }
.erinfreeb2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.erinfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#193971; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ucj0g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b1f42; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da9c5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.2em 0.2em #193971; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.erinfreeb2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.erinfreeb2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
.erinfreeb2 p npc:before { content: open-quote; }
.erinfreeb2 p npc:after {content: close-quote; }
.erinfreeb2line {width:200px; border-bottom:1px solid #0b1f42; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
this post sucks... -_-

Alder stood out in front of the stall doors. The tall male just about touched the beams that helped to hold up the roof as he reached up and stretched his back with a groan. The brush in his hand almost fell from his grasp as he rose his arms above his head to work out the kinks. He had been brushing one horse after another and when he finally came to the large black and white stallion he was growing weary of the task. Hawthorn thought otherwise, and nickered at the lack of petting that he was receiving and knew the grooming would give. The wolf gave him a small look then crouched again to work out the knots in the longer fur around his hooves.

A voice echoed through the stables, and blue eyes rose to meet the gold gaze and large smile of his nephew. Alder greeted him with a friendly pat on his head and a Hey there Linden. before seeing that it was Haven that had brought the young wolf to the stables. The Marshal wore a smile, glad that his brother and Nephew had come by, though he was unsure if it was simply a visit or if it was something a bit more constructive. Either way Alder was happy for the extra company.

Hi Haven, coming to visit Drogon? Alder asked, blue eyes bright. The stallion was groomed and ready for a ride if he wished it.

<style type="text/css">
.alderaug01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#877565; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #9c9995; }
.alderaug01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.alderaug01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#a3a39e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0HAAy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #464746; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#464746; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.alderaug01 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.alderaug01 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
~

[/html]
[html]
Nonsense!

Linden loved the stables, it was his favorite place in all of the packlands. The boy probably would sleep there among the horses if his parents would allow it. The Aatte wagged his tail as his uncle greeted him with a pat on the head. Some boys his age might have been offended by such a gesture, but it didn't bother Linden in the slightest. Hi Uncle Alder! How are the horses today? Do you think there's any that would be good for me when I shift? Dad says that I'll be able to have one and I should change any time now, I'm old enough. Haven chuckled heartily as he heard his son barrage the Marshall with a tide of questions. Calm yourself Linden, you'll give your uncle a headache with all your chattering.

It was interesting that his son had taken such an interest in animals. When he had imagined his children in his head he had always pictured whatever boys he had wanting to follow in his footsteps as a Knight, however it was Robin who seemed most keen to live up to her father's image. That was not to say the Seneschal was disappointed, not at all, he loved all his children and would not change a thing about them.

Linden was eager to come to the stables again and I thought I'd come with him, though I suppose I should go see that old bag o' bones. The mustang clearly recognized his wolf's voice and whinnied in indignation, a hoof banged against his stable door. Haven sauntered over to Drogon's stall and placated the stallion by scratching underneath his forelock. I hope this one doesn't give you too much trouble; he can be a willful beast. He was never a hassle for the Knight, but that was due to their history and bond.

Haven Puppy

<style type="text/css">
.erinfreeb2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a5611b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #082048; }
.erinfreeb2 npc {font-weight:bold; color:#87b5ff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #082048; }
.erinfreeb2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#193971; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ucj0g.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b1f42; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9da9c5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.2em 0.2em #193971; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.erinfreeb2line {width:200px; border-bottom:1px solid #0b1f42; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
this is a little better lol

At first Alder had been overwhelmed with the presence of the fast moving pups in their house. They had been so small and unmoving, and then suddenly it was like they were going non stop. Alder had worried and worried, but then he learned that there was nothing really to worry about. They were not breakable things that would crack with a small tumble. When they had begun to speak Alder had faced another bit of trouble. They seemed to speak faster the he, and he was a yearling! But, When Linden spoke his interest in the horses Alder was ready, on page and there to give him a nod and reply, They are good, everyone has been behaving. And I think that I could find one to fit you. You looking for stubborn? Or someone that's easy going? He paused to take a breath before adding, Well, we each change in our own time. Alder explained with a smile. He knew that it was different for everyone, and he had been quite scared at the time.

Alder looked to Haven, He has been better for me since my low-speech is getting better. It comes pretty natural to me now. Hawthorn reached out with his back nose and tried to touch the light ear of the Knight. The massive stallion could have been described as overly friendly, eager to meet and interact with any wolf that was speaking with the young Marshal. There's a small herd out in the paddock, was going to let 'Thorn stretch his legs. Would you like to see them in their element? Alder looked at the bright golden eyed boy.

<style type="text/css">
.alderaug01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#877565; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #9c9995; }
.alderaug01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#a3a39e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0HAAy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #464746; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#464746; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
~

[/html]
[html]
Alli posts are always magically delicious <3

It had been interesting to see how Alder reacted as the children grew and changed. At times they were a little much for he and Princess to handle, much less his quiet brother. The masked man seemed to have eventually grown used to their little quirks though and Haven knew that he loved them. Linden's tail wagged excitedly behind him as the gentle giant relayed the information about the horses in the stables. When asked what kind of horse he would want, golden eyes looked up towards the ceiling in thought. I don't think I'd want a horse that was too mean, but not one that was too boring either. Are there any like that? Linden wanted to be good with animals, like his uncle, so he needed a horse with some spirit, but not so much he wouldn't be able to handle it at all. I hope it's soon though! I don't want to be late, I know Robin won't be late, the boy said with an indignant huff. Robin always seemed to win in everything, but he supposed as long as he wasn't last it would be okay.

What's it like, talking to them? I've always wondered. I haven't ever felt like it was hard to communicate with Drogon, but I know it's not the same as speaking his language. Is he as mouthy as he seems? the Knight asked with a half-cocked grin. The thought of low-speech intrigued him, perhaps someday he would ask his brother to teach him. He would defer those lessons to his son though, for he knew how badly Linden desired to learn that art. As Alder's large stallion nosed at his head Haven scratched the horse's chin with his free hand. That made Drogon's ears pin back and the Seneschal could see the jealousy in the mustang's dark eyes. Stop that, you jealous creature. I'm allowed to touch other horses even though I'm yours. Drogon snorted and flicked his ears as he turned his face away from the other horse.

At the question Linden gasped in excitement and his tail wagged so furiously it was like to come right off his rear. Oh yes! Yes, yes, please Uncle Alder! Haven looked over to his brother. Mind if we take Drogon out as well? He needs to learn to play better with others. He would leave that up to Alder though, he set the rules here in the stables and Haven would defer to his wishes and judgment.

Haven Puppy

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
lol XD, pp as you'd like Smile

He smiled, knowing how Linden felt about his future horse. He had wanted personality without the harshness that some could bring. I will find you the right one, once your ready. Alder had experienced some competitiveness with his brothers, but had never really wished to be quicker then them. He had only hoped to be enough that they wouldn't tease him. He didn't have to be first, but he hated to be far far behind. Maybe your horse can be bigger then hers? He said quietly to the lupus wolf and gave a small grin. He knew how forward Robin could be, and though he loved her dearly that confidence made him slightly uncomfortable. Alder could connect with the boy a bit better.

He looked back at his brother and gave a small smile, It's different at first, you can hear all the voices that you've never really heard before. But you get used to it, truly begin to understand the language and you can block out the complaints. Drogon actually took a long time to warm up to me, seems to keep favorites. Alder said with a chuckle. The stallion had not been too happy when Alder took up the Marshal rank and began to organize things with a bit more assertion. Cold was how he would describe it at first, but not everyone was born to like everyone else. At least now he was one of those that were special enough to be well liked by the horse.

it was exhibited with his reaction to Haven petting the black and while 'Thorn, but Alder knew it was simply horses being horses.

Sure, Hawthorn gets along with most horses so I'm sure they will just ignore one another. Alder moved back to his friend and touched his nose, his body language was enough to tell him that they were heading for the pasture and while Haven fetched his stallion the pair walked out into the paddock.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]