the storms are fading
[html]
HIDE YOUR INNOCENCE BEFORE THEY SEE RIGHT THROUGH
For Esmeralda. Set at the Temple of Helios. Can we forward date this maybe 2 days? <3

It was another carefree afternoon for the youth. He had been spending the better part of the last few days bumming around Anathema’s claimed territory, doing his best to keep himself away from the caves to avoid the Angela and her newest brood. While he admittedly was curious about the litter of puppies, the misgivings he had about their snowy mother kept him well away. So instead he found wandering to be a great way to pass the time.

The foothills were fast becoming a favorite haunt of the Acidic male. The gently sloping grasslands were a welcome change from the hilly, mountainous terrain that sprawled through much of the territory. It was easier to navigate, for one, and come evening time, the shadow cast from the looming mountain played interesting shapes across the hillside. Though he’d discovered something far more interesting just a few days prior, tucked away inside a patch of forest that lay against a sharp rise in the mountainside.

Jackson retraced his steps through the trees, eyes adjusting easily to the gloom that surrounded this part of Anathema’s territory. It didn’t take long for him to find what he was looking for. Just ahead was a blocky stone structure sleeping within the shadows. The hybrid came to a halt beside the huge archway that led to the ancient temple. He sat beneath the cracked stone archway, turquoise eyes casually examining the structure nestled in the shadows. Despite the fact that he had discovered this place a few days earlier, Jackson had yet to venture inside the old building. He wondered what might remain inside it after all these years.

YOU MUSTN'T DISAPPOINT THEM
[/html]
[html]
OOC:that's fine with me. I'm sorry for the wait, i actually kept forgetting you made this thread for us. I put it in my log now so i won't forget <3

She made it her duty to seek out the boy, the male whom she hadn't seen in some time. She missed her brother, and she wanted to be able to talk and to see him and his handsome face again. He must have changed very much by now, gotten more handsome. She was sure that he had because she had gotten beautiful and she could only expect that the prince would have gotten much more handsome. She was excited to see him, so she had been tracking him with her pink nose, sniffing the ground as hard as she could to track where he had gone since she had previously stopped by the den and only found their father to be sitting in the den, being old and reclusive as normal. She still loved her father too, probably more so than she was supposed to, but sometimes he was just a grump. He had relayed the message that Jackson was not in the cave though, and so that's what lead her to start tracking the boy.

His scent had lead to many places, and she had followed as long as she could, passing many structures of Anathema on the way. There were many places here now that she had not seen before when she was just a little pup. She had not been in Anathema that long, so it was no surprise that the girl had not seen the wonders of Anathema. She marveled at some of the structures and she moved along past others, not finding them the least bit interesting. Soon, she had come upon her brother, and she had lifted herself to her hinds in her Optime form and she smiled a charming, beautiful smile to her equally as beautiful brother. My brother! My Jackson! How awesome it is to see you! she exclaimed as she danced her pretty body up to her brother, and she opened her arms to offer the male a hug. She wanted to snuggle into his fur and see what it felt like, if his fur was as silky and smooth as her own, or what. I haven't seen you in so long, you are so handsome, dear brother! she spoke to him. She probably was the most flattering to her brother since she had been back to Anathema, for she had been quick to make enemies of both a Marbas, and another Zepar that was close to their age. She cared not though, for those mutts were not as royal as they. They were not as special as herself and Jackson. This was for sure, in her mind that is.

What're doing out here, at this temple place? she asked, cocking her head to the male, and looking her icy blue to the temple for a moment before she turned her gaze back to her handsome brother. Her tail wagged behind her, and her floppy ears were perked towards her brother whom had the most enchanting looks to him. Why she found her brother so attractive was beyond her, but he was just perfect in her eyes, physically, since she did not really know him mentally all that much anymore. They both had gone through so much since they last saw each other, it made her wonder what was so different about Jackson now.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly26 b {font-weight:bold; color:#977bad; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #b1b1b1; }
.freebjuly26 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly26 {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JmYFm.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #282828; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282828; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly26 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly26 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
551+

[/html]
[html]
wc:410. Augghhh, I'm sorry for MY wait. Been pretty stressed these last few weeks, couldn't find it in me to really get any posting done. If you want, we can make this thread a quick one?

The boy busied himself with examining the ancient carvings that snaked up the pillars leading into the temple, depictions of nature and beasts alike worn down with the passing of time. While the designs were certainly interesting, they could not hold his attention for long. What he found himself most curious about was what lay within the structure, yet he would not rush headlong into it. He saved it for last, building up excitement within himself at the prospect of an exploration of its mysteries.

Jackson took a few steps toward the temple's opening, but came to an abrupt halt as a voice suddenly called out to him, one he had not heard in quite some time. The youth's floppy ears perked up suddenly at the sound and he turned around quickly, blue eyes widening in both happiness and surprise at the sight of his sister. She hurried over to him and he was quick to accept her hug, pulling her in close. A smile lit up his features as they embraced. "Esme! I'm glad you're here, sis."

As he pulled away, his smile became a grin at his sibling's compliments. "And you are quite beautiful yourself," he said in return. All of the Acidic children had been busy growing into more adult forms and stumbling awkwardly out of childhood. It had been ages since Jackson had laid eyes on this sister, but it seemed that she had been doing just fine, wherever she had wandered off to months ago. He was glad to discover that she had returned, another Acidic to call Anathema home. The more family that was around, the less out of place Jackson felt among the members of the cave-dwelling pack.

His sister then questioned him about why he had ventured all the way out to this place. Cerulean eyes turned back to the structure that had previously monopolized his attention. He turned his gaze back to his sibling and gave a brief shrug of his shoulders. "I was bored. Found this place a few days ago, thought I could maybe take a look around inside." He paused for a moment, studying his sibling in the brief silence. The smile returned to his lips. "You wanna come with? We could look around together, if you ain't got anything else to do." The boy hoped that she would. It had been so long since Jackson had spent time with his wayward sister, and he had missed her.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: No problem, I'll admit that you did scare me, I thought mah bruder was gonna be inactivated. Esme would be sad face she would. +5

When I see your face, my hearts burst into fire!
I'm coming home, I've been gone for far too long.

She was happy that he accepted her hug, and when she hugged him, it was tightly, and she snuggled her head into his chest fur.She gave a content whine as she did so, because she wanted to let the male know that she did truly miss him, more so than maybe their sister, or father, or mother really. To her, they were the Acidic name and all of it's beauty. Their father held a certain beauty to him, as did the ugly Scorpius (the only thing ugly about him being his burnt face) that seemed to be unique to them, with their black pelts and blood red eyes. She had to wonder why the two Acidic children did not get those fierce eyes, though when she thought more about it, she wouldn't want to have those eyes, no, they would not go well with her fur, neither would they do any good on her handsome brother. She looked up at him, already he was taller than she, but she was happy about this, for it made her look less intimidating. She liked to look less intimidating so that she could lead people to their deaths easier. It was a skill that she was working on, and she soon would have her methods down to a ritual. her pink padded hand had gone to her brother's face and she pet his cheek and then pushed her nose to his for a moment. He told her that he was glad she was here, and she nodded her head. She was glad too. Then he pulled away from the hug and told her that she was quite beautiful herself. That seemed to light up her features dramatically, and her fluffy tail wagged pretty quickly. Awh, Jackson, I love you! she spoke to her brother, the love that she talked about was not normal love though, it was more special than that.

Her brother then spoke of how he was bored and that was why he came here, and also that he had scouted this place out a few days before and wanted to explore it better today. Esme looked at the place again and she began to wonder about what treasures lie awaiting inside. A sadist smile found it's way onto her muzzle as she thought about it, and then her brother would invite her to come along and see what was inside of it with him. She'd take the chance of being alone with her brother, for she knew that he would not harm her. If anything it would more than likely be the other way around, for she was the one whom enjoyed hurting others. She didn't know how much she would enjoy hurting sweet little Jackson, but who knows, maybe she'd get turned on by seeing the handsome boy in pain.

Of course Jackson, Let's go! she spoke to him, and she aimed to grab his hand before rushing towards the entrance of the Temple of Helios. They'd adventure, just like old times. She loved the thought of it all.

<style type="text/css">
.Esmereq {padding:20px;}
.Esmereq table{width:250px; text-align:right; font-style:italic; float:right; margin:10px;}
.Esmereq .ooc{line-height:1.2em; color:#0a0909;font-style:bold;}
.Esmereq img{width:250px; float:right;}
.Esmereq p {line-height:1.2em; color:#0a0909;}
.Esmereq .magix {color:#494ba0; font-style:bold; font-size:14px;}
.Esmereq b{color:#494ba0;}</style>

Image © Requiem!
[/html]
[html]
wc:322. tbh, I'm really surprised that I hadn't been removed... Oh well, gotta try to make up for lost time.

The young man hadn’t really noticed just how tall he had become until he held his sister in his arms. While the two of them had certainly inherited the doggish features of their mother’s line, Jackson still had some features taken from his father. The dual-toned male’s height belied his wolf heritage, with a lanky frame he was finally beginning to grow into. Esme, on the other hand, remained light and petite, in contrast to her brother’s larger build. Certainly it was a fitting look for the young woman. As she caressed his cheek and briefly pressed her nose to his, his face lit up with a smile. “Love you too, sis,” he said with a short, warm laugh.

Jackson spent much of his time of late lurking alone through Anathema’s territory, or else feeling suffocated on the off chance he found himself surrounded by others within the winding caves. This little adventure with Esme would be a welcome change from that. He had resigned himself to venturing through the temple on his own, but this would be much more fun. It would give the Acidic pair a chance to catch up, away from the prying eyes of the rest of Anathema. He was happy to see that she seemed as excited for their little adventure as he was, eagerly taking him by the hand and leading him into the temple’s entrance. The young man kept up with her eager pace as they ventured into the darkened structure. Cerulean eyes adjusted easily to the dim lighting, faint shafts of light from cracks in the ceiling revealing the contents within the ancient building. The carvings from the pillars outside continued here along the walls, just as worn down from age. A pair of stone statues flanked a small doorway just ahead of them, solemn and silent guardians from an age past. “Ohh, spooky,” he said, a grin making its way to his features.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: lalala sorry for the wait. >.<' +3

When I see your face, my hearts burst into fire!
I'm coming home, I've been gone for far too long.

The flirtatious little girl had wagged her long tail excitedly at the male's positive remarks about how he loved her too. She also let out a little giggle as they found their way towards the large temple and at the craziness that was patterned on the inside and outside of the building as well as the statue guardians that guarded the doors. Her ivory hand touched the stone that was the statue. This place is crazy creepy. the woman spoke rather excitedly, her fur ruffling up at the chills that would run up her spine about intruding on this place. Who knew what dwelt within the walls of this place, whether it be something big like a wild cat or something small like a rat or a bat. It's so cool though! she exclaimed as she moved more into the temple and started to look around. He tail wagged as she looked at all of the statues and all of the things that littered the floor and walls of the temple. There were strange carvings everywhere! If she had been educated then she would actually try to read these things but since both she and Daisuke were illiterate there was no way for her to decipher any of the things on the walls, even if they were written in English.

Hey Jackson, do you know how to read yet? the girl asked as she bounced back over to her brother, wondering if he got any special treatment by their parents as far as being taught things. She wanted to know what else she missed out on since she was not growing up with their parents, rather she was with a loner in a middle of the fucking mountains, always having to bitch about food, and never wanting to walk to get water like they often times had to do because of the fact that there were not many rivers that ran off the mountain. Did daddy teach ya'll anything interesting? she spoke and then looked at the male's necklace of bones. Where'd this come from? she asked, cocking her head to the right and perking her tri-colored ears at the boy, with her tail still wagging softly behind her.

<style type="text/css">
.Esmereq {padding:20px;}
.Esmereq table{width:250px; text-align:right; font-style:italic; float:right; margin:10px;}
.Esmereq .ooc{line-height:1.2em; color:#0a0909;font-style:bold;}
.Esmereq img{width:250px; float:right;}
.Esmereq p {line-height:1.2em; color:#0a0909;}
.Esmereq .magix {color:#494ba0; font-style:bold; font-size:14px;}
.Esmereq b{color:#494ba0;}</style>

Image © Requiem!
[/html]
[html]

No worries, J-face. <3 wc:309

Esme seemed to have no problem heading right into the thick of things, despite the eeriness of their surroundings. The boy saw it as one big adventure, grinning wildly as he followed his sibling farther into the temple proper. His own tail picked up a slow, pleased wag as he looked around. “Right? I wonder what it was used for.” A home, some sort of ceremonial ground? The possibilities were endless. He crouched down at the feet of one of the stone statues, cerulean gaze seeking out its details. The stone was polished smooth in most places, but cracks and missing pieces showed the roughness that lie beneath it. Piles of sand sat beneath this statue, a curious feature.

He stood back up as his sister returned to his side, offering him a question. He shook his head in the negative as he turned toward her. “Nahh, never really bothered to. …Can you?” The skill of literacy had never held much charm for the boy up til now, but perhaps his sibling had thought otherwise. She must have been up to a lot during her time away form Anathema. Perhaps learning to read could have been one of those things. When she spoke of their father, he shrugged. “I dunno, not really. Hunting, tracking, the usual stuff. Depends on what you might call interesting. Agony spends more time with him, though, so maybe she did.” He eyed the necklace hanging about his neck as she examined it. A smile tugged at his lips once more. “Like it?” he asked, cerulean gaze turned to catch her own blue eyes. “Made it myself, for Rast, the Coming of Age ceremony we had a while back.” Jackson had been fiercely proud when he’d reached that milestone. It was too bad Esmeralda couldn’t have been there with him and Agony at the time.

[/html]