Expedition Patriotic
[html]
Kase Smile +3

So she had been told that if she ventured down past the guest caverns and her own den and still further, eventually the path would bring her back in a large loop to the beginning. She had been walking for what felt like forever, and had not found herself in anywhere familiar. Entrances marked with their owner's trail came into view now and then, letting her know she wasn't going in circles, but mostly she was passing mysterious openings, and she had no idea where they led. She didn't like to think she might creep up on someone unawares, like a bat or a rat or something more spooky. She scuffed her feet, shuffling like a tap dancer from time to time to make her audible dent in the granite atmosphere. Yes, the tunnel was curving and by holding an image in her mind of where she'd walked she had the vague idea that she would end up at the commons soon enough. The minutes seemed to drag, the monotony making her hum and play with her flower-fragrant hair as she walked, slowly but steadily tracing a crescent loop with pupils large in the half-light darkness. This had been meant to be a simple exploration, but had turned into a trek. At least it gave her time to muse on the new pack she'd found herself in, and drove the message of its size and strength in still further. She wanted to belong, and she wanted to do so as quickly as ever she could. She could start by at least knowing her way around. So while she was nervous about continuing down the unknown path for what felt like hours of time, she forced herself to keep moving and she did not look back.

[/html]
[html]

Sleepy Ka is sleepy and weird. Also assuming Caprica's still in the hall way. :]

A wide, sleep laced yawned stretched the canine’s mouth open and a large hand reached up to cover said action. Sleep still hung heavily on his eyelids and anyone could tell by the way his lids would fall half way only to shoot right back up again. Not to mention the look on his face was that of a dazed, sleepy child’s. He’d just woken from a nap, something he had not done since he was a puppy, and it just seemed like he couldn’t wake up. In fact he felt more tired now than he did when he originally went to sleep! He did indeed tried going back to sleep, but, of course, he wasn’t able to. So he was left with two choices; spend all day wallowing around in his room or wander about. Guess which one he had chosen?

Now, when given thought, walking around a dimly lit tunnel system while half asleep was not the brightest idea he ever had. Though did he ever think of turning around and heading back to his room? No, seemed he preferred to bumble about like a drooling zombie. Thus he now dragged on as slow as snail down the handmade halls. This time gave the half conscious side of his brain to think about any events that had occurred, but namely it was about his new rank. How exactly was he to go about caring for a child? He was not all too sure about that yet, but compared to other positions his seemed the tamest and that was something he was very pleased with.

The thoughts didn’t linger and swirled about into a white mist in his mind ultimately disappearing and leaving his head as blank as a cloudless sky. Another yawn opened his mouth in an incredible display of teeth and tongue plus a bit of drool, too. Oh, how lovely, he really was a drooling zombie now. Usually neat and tidy bits of mane drooped in his face in the most classic fashion of bed head and clouded his half lidded vision. The giant had no clue where he was going and it wasn’t until he heard soft humming that he became aware again that he was actually walking.

Pierced ears stood erect at the gentle sound and he knocked way the strands of fur out of his eyes to get a better gaze at where the humming came from. It might’ve been due to his near sleep state, but he couldn’t pinpoint an actual being within the Anathema halls, was he going mad now? He had heard that hearing things was a sign of such, but he couldn’t be so easily going insane, could he? The thoughts white out again and he paused to take a look behind him, nothing. His tail frayed and took its common place semi tucked between his legs, he didn’t want to run into anyone, well when did he want to? Never did he, but in this fragile, exhausted state he really didn’t want to.

With that thought in mind he started to wake up a bit more and took a quicker yet still slow pace. Attempting to avoid anyone that may have been coming through, did this make him a bad packmate? Because he wanted to get away from potential company? Though he was doing just the opposite and was working his way closer to the humming wolf.

<style>
.AnaFK-06 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-06 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-06 b {font-family:verdana; color:#bd365e; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-06 {background-color:#060404; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c27054; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... ouls/4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 272px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-06-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
I am eternally sorry for the excruciating wait Sad

Every time the tunnel walls narrowed she could feel a sinking in the pit of her stomach, then a relief when the rocks spread again to allow more room. She didn't like the idea of the cave closing in around her - especially as if she did come to a dead end or a tunnel too narrow to allow her bulk to pass, she would have to turn back and retrace her steps, and that would be her day completely used up on this fruitless walk.

Then at last, she caught the scent of another and quickened her rolling pace to reach them. Rounding a corner, she saw the figure in the dim torch light - down here it could be any time of day - and gave a happy woof of greeting. "Heyo!" It was only then she noticed the dishevelled state of him, and his slightly miserable tail-down posture, and suddenly wondered if she should have been quite so chipper towards the large male. With his piercings and his wild hair, she wondered if he was trustworthy or not. That kind of thought was not natural to Caprica, but it had wormed its way in anyway, and made her frown quite uncharacteristically. She had to trust him; he was in her pack, her family. Why wouldn't she trust him? So she kept the smile on her face and the gentle wag in her half-curved tail, one hand shyly lifted to push hair out of her face, despite the fact her heart had begun to quicken.

[/html]
[html]

It's fine! I'm quite late with my replies most of the time, so yeah, no need to be sorry. :] Sorry for the shortness! Kase can only do so much half asleep. xD

From his state of appearance it was perfectly normal to assume he wasn’t in the brightest of moods. In truth he may have not been all sunshine and smiles at the moment, but he was no grump either. He was basically a walking corpse in a sleepy haze, half awake by the alarming fact someone else may have been in the hall with him. Truly he was turning into an anti-social creature or just be coming too shy for his own good.

The humming seemed to stop and his ears laid back a bit in some relief, maybe they had turned into their room. Yet again the inside of his mouth flashed itself in another yawn as he drew a clawed hand up to brush back the bits of mane. This was why he kept it back just for the fact it fell in and obscured his vision. Now free of hair his eyes widen in surprise to see someone standing in front of him, there went the thought of an empty all. So she was the hummer, huh? His ears went forward again as she spoke in a cheery tone. At least somebody managed some good sleep before walking around.

“A-U-Uh, hi-i?” Kase paused, unsure what to say. “Ca-an I help y-you?”

His vocals were laden with sleep yet still managed to hold the told of some with hiccups or who had just finished crying. Normally, if he were awake, he’d try to strike up some awkward conversation just for the pure fact of being polite while holding down thoughts of the other strangling him. Right now he didn’t even bother and instead looked down while he fiddled with his pant leg like a nervous little child while.

<style>
.AnaFK-06 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-06 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-06 b {font-family:verdana; color:#bd365e; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-06 {background-color:#060404; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c27054; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... ouls/4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 272px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-06-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Her hair was designed to fall occasionally in front of her eyes. His seemed to be more accidental, to do with his recent emergence from a bed that it sounded like he could do with returning to. She concentrated hard on the words, it seemed that he was offering to assist her. It was very kind of the zombiefied stranger to offer, when he seemed hardly capable of even uttering the words and she didn't want to throw it in his face, but she thought a little harmless banter wouldn't hurt, and might even through pretence give her the confidence she found she lacked. "Sure, yeah, you can!" she said with a sly sparkle in her grass-green eyes. "I'm kinda lost, can you take me to the front entrance, and then back here and back there again, so that I can learn the route, and then you can help me find my den, which is down here somewhere, I'm not exactly sure where, but it can't be more than a day's walk away because I set out the day before yesterday and I've only been lost about half that time..." She beamed at him, waiting for him to topple over at the thought of motivating his exhausted-looking mind and body to comply with her deliberately ridiculous request.

[/html]