Making Friends [Open!]
WC: 267

The fresh air excites Range like nothing else can, a smile always on his face as he has a slow drudge through the field of sunflowers. He lowered down next to one of the gloriously yellow plants. As his nose attached to the center he inhaled a large breath.
Mm-mm-mmm!
He sat down amongst the flowers, and disappeared inside the open patch he had created. Laying down slowly easing himself to the ground he stared into the blue sky watching clouds go by.
What a good day for being outdoors.
He lifted his hand which was holding a book that was currently closed. He opened it up slowly. recalling his page as he continued to read on.
Before birth Siddhartha Gautama's mother would have dreams about white elephants this brought curiosity to her so she approached holy men and questioned them. They told her the white elephant was a good sign and he would either be a great leader, or a holy man. When she brought this up with her husband who was the king he instantly hoped it meant he would take the throne and expand the empire. After birth Siddhartha started life differently then you would imagine a holy man. He was wealthy, and when he got to the appropriate age he was surrounded by women at his beck and call, he knew nothing of the horrors of the world. One day he would leave the safety of the palace and roam the streets he had an eye opening experience coming across people who were sick, dying, and poor....
[html]

--

The changing details in the weather did not enhance his senses. But the breeze by the bay was known to be fresher in the flawed Lykoi’s opinion. Pale, naked feet carried him away, away from here, beyond the borders of the thistle kingdom. Soon, new scents would flow through his dark nostrils and the scenery would change. There was a spike of anticipation in his quiet serenity. Itachi had never truly been bound down by the chains of a pack life, and would always be free to wander his own path, but the group he belonged to brought him satisfaction, and while this loyalty was temporary, it was very real.

The salty shores were at some distance now, and the road he walked was overcome with summer’s growth. The multitude of colours winked at him, bobbing their heads at his arrival with some help from the soft wind brushing through the scenery. Along with the heavy perfume of flowers, there was another scent; that of a live, breathing canine. Itachi’s dark coat had been thrown away during the summer, but the man’s sword remained with him, carried in its sheath fastened in his belt. Pale fingers stroke against the shiny handle of the weapon, merely to be reminded that this time he would be prepared for violence.

Sunflowers dominated the scene, and he wandered into the odd, flowery forest, pushing the tall plants away as he walked, following the unknown wolf’s scent because there was familiarity there. It was in the blood.

<style type="text/css">
.itachi-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.itachi-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.itachi-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.itachi-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... achi-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
WC: 206

Laying on the ground reading away the sound of crackling stems underneath the feet of someone caught Ranges attention. His book closed slowly as he put it on the floor, yawning loudly he sits up the tip of his head now visible in the sea of flowers. His arms extended up over his head again with another yawn as he stood up slowly.
Where is this unknown friend....
His eyes looked north scanned slowly for any sort of movement.
Nope.
He looked west and scanned again.
Nadda.
He looked south, tried a more thorough scan.
Nope, that means!
He whipped around fast and looked to the east, waving in the air at the other wolf, his tail wagging with excitement.
who's this lonely soul, why's he have a sword? maybe he feels endangered? I'm not dangerous though! how can I get him to relax a little more....I'll say hello!
Hello there!!
He yelled out loud with a happy tune as he picked up his book, making his way that direction with a slight skip in his step.
I hope he doesn't mean to act violent towards me, that wouldn't end well...
[html]

--

Scarlet eyes focused on movement ahead; the first glimpse of the beast hiding amidst the sunflowers. Itachi’s pace slowed considerably, for the stranger suddenly seemed closer than he had anticipated. It did not take long before a merry voice was thrown into the serene air, destroying the tranquillity the flawed hybrid adored so much. The young Salsolan’s stone face did not change as he peered at the man that now was visible in the forest of sweet smelling flora. There was joy in the light steps, but the other canine’s movement brought the blonde hybrid to a halt, and pale fingers tightened around the sword’s sleek handle.

The nature of the other seemed merry, but Itachi’s intentions for seeking him out were simple, and he was by no means an ally. ”Keep your distance,” cool tones insisted, along with a narrowed set of sunset coated eyes. The Family member let his gaze strife the object in the optime’s hand, and rendered it harmless. ”What is your name?” Names could tell much about the lineage, and that was what he was curious about. Blonde ears leaned back with mild suspicion. Nowhere was safe, and in these lands existed only foes until there was evidence insisting otherwise.

<style type="text/css">
.itachi-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.itachi-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... achi-1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
WC: 246

The young male stopped making sure he was out of sword range, he scoffed slightly before realizing that was rude. The smile disappeared from his face and was replaced with a calm demeanor. He stared at the other male and sized him up just in case he should jumpy.
"I mean you no harm friend."
He let a small style return to his face as he held out his palms open, to try and prove there was no malicious intent. He took an extra step back just to allow more space as he prepared to answer the question.
"My name is Range Soul, adopted son of Gideon Stormbringer. Member of the Ichaka no ho-en Pack, At your services."
He thought about bowing but didn't not wanting to startle the other male.
"Quid Pro Quo my good sir, what is your name?"
He stared into his eyes making sure his voice never changed pitch and his calm demeanor was never at jeopardy.
Mysterious young male. Why so hostile I wonder? Hmmm
He was thinking to himself while awaiting a reply.
The smell of the flowers once again reaches his nose bringing on his relaxed state again as he dropped his arms to his side. The potential of the stranger to be violent seeming less and less possible with every second, the happy demeanor returns to Range's face as he stars smiling. His blue eye sparkling in the bright sun.
[html]

--

The other heeded his words and ceased his merry approach immediately. A wise decision, for Itachi was known to be bold when he judged it necessary. He was untrusting of the world he lived in. Words rose in response, though ears merely flickered at this; dismissive of words that were just that: mere words. Words could not harm him, and they could not save him; they were useless in this setting. Pale fingers adorned with dark, silvery claws remained by the sword’s handle, though had turned motionless now when the other man’s body was still and beyond reach. Itachi could still not judge himself worthy of handling the blade, and would prefer this interaction to develop its relative peaceful nature. All he wanted was answers.

It was wrong to think that he was completely indifferent about the blood in his veins. He had sought the older male out because there existed curiosity about his family. How strange, but Itachi could not understand the reason for his motive to gather information. It was only accepted and acted upon; a rare impulse that he had not thought of resisting until it was too late. There was always the option to turn around and leave, but one step had been taken and another would soon follow.

More space was offered as the earthen shaded man took a step in the opposite direction, and the move was followed by more words; revealing what the blonde had desired. Ichika no Ho-en was the new group by the mountains. Were these previous followers of Dahlia de Mai? Intensity rose within blood red eyes at this thought. Their old alpha had lost his life by the Anatheman borders many months ago. Itachi had turned his back on the entire incident back then, but had changed his mind at a later point and returned to the scene of crime. A naked skull with tones of fleshy pink had been retrieved, and it was a gift for someone that ought to be special to the flawed Lykoi. Not this man before him, though the surname revealed close kinship to the late Conor Soul.

Quid pro quo did not apply to Itachi Lykoi. Did this Range have an adoptive father because the biological one was no more? ”A well known surname,” the blonde male complimented, paying no attention to the returning smile in the darker canine’s face. He had never met the terror named Haku Soul, but the histories had not died with the demon. ”It seems like the curse spared you,” he observed, light brown muzzle bobbing slightly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
WC: 268

When his question is ignored Range pouts slightly disappointed in the stranger as he stares him up and down once more. As he begins debating on his next plan of action his tongue poked at his cheek, a visible motion.
Someones lacking in manners. I don't like that. I was being respectful... I don't believe this is gonna go anywhere.
His face takes a more stern look as he stares the other wolf in the eyes obviously unimpressed with his attitude.
"You sir, have no sense of respect nor manners, a simple answer was all that is necessary. I don't feel the need to listen to you anymore till you learn to be more respectful to those you meet."
He ignored the question the other wolf asked, following the golden rule which he believed was still applicable. Range took a bow, making sure his eyes stayed on the stranger. He then began walking backwards his hands back in the air open except for the one gripping his book as he kept walking backwards watching the stranger in case he decides to get brash.
Ignorance. Sheesh. Maybe this will goad him into answering my questions. He wants answers, he gives me answers.
Once he had attained a safe distance that if the stranger made a move he could have enough time to react he turned around facing away from the ignorant one and began a light jog just to separate them more for fear of a ranged attack so he could still have enough time to move his body out of the way.
[html]

--

The other proved to be more boyish than his younger relative. Disappointment tugged at the wolf face plain as a clouded, pessimistic day. Disapproval seemed fierce in red and green eyes, but Itachi cared little to adjust his demeanour merely because someone’s feelings were hurt. Insolent words rose instead of spewing out the answers Itachi desired, though the corners of the blonde’s lips seemed to curl upward just slightly as the words washed over his ears. The answer Range had sought had already been granted if he had taken the time and effort to see and hear. It was true that Itachi had offered only crumbs in return, but fragmented truths were better than nothing. Or not, according to the Soul male.

The strange boy bowed, and proved a vivid contrast to the unkind words served moments earlier. The red eyed hybrid did not adore the mixed signals he was being given at this moment. Then, Range stepped backwards and away from him, and it was the beginning of the end. It seemed like a rather strange way to depart, but perhaps it was purpose to the man’s movement that he failed to pick up. It was difficult to read other creatures, for Itachi knew only a minimum of emotions and their functions. The golden pelted male’s act was much simpler. He turned from the jogging man and let scarlet focus wander elsewhere. Ignorance was bliss, though he didn’t know if he should pity or envy the other for this.

Now, Itachi wished to feel the moist breath of sea against his face. Feet started to move in the direction of salty shores, away from the perfumed forests of sunlit faces..

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]