the wildwood flower grew wild on the farm
[html]
Thread Information
Date: 06 August

Setting: The far Northwestern borders, somewhere not far from Hallow's Rest.

Time: Early afternoon

Character Form: Optime
[/html]

[html]

Word Count → 321 :: Clover is back to pick up some of her things from the mansion. Really, anyone is welcome! Smile

She felt a supreme sense of shame upon finding her way back to the skull piked borders, even though the Lykoi child had known she had made the right decision to move on from the Inferni coyotes. Though it had been her home for quite some time and Clover had lived relatively peacefully amongst those with blood ties to her, the clan had not truthfully felt like home to the girl. Salsola, with its broodingly handsome Thistle King, had become this place for her; if not permanently, at least temporarily.

Daisy had been dismissed to roam the neutral area of the bay just north of Inferni’s expanded border, offering a small whinny of protest as Clover headed towards Inferni. Clover, however, lingered along the scent marked barrier and silently weighed her options. She was no longer a member of the clan, but she hardly thought they would turn her away. Still, she had come back merely for some of her possessions, and dreaded the thought that one of her siblings might happen to come across her here. If she called out for permission to enter, she was almost sure one of them would come. But if not, then Clover would merely have to wait until a scout or someone else happened across her waiting there. Truthfully, she wasn’t sure what to do.

After some time of idle thought, Clover finally realized she could not wait around much longer. She wanted to be home in Salsola before dark, and the ride would take several hours to complete. Inhaling the last few breaths of the joint held between her fingers, Clover called to anyone nearby to alert them of her presence there. She simply asked if she may permitted to enter, and waited to see who might respond to her, flicking the smoldering end of her favorite rolled herb into the dirt before extinguishing it with a light tap of one padded foot.

<style>
.clover-border {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.clover-border .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.clover-border .inner {background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/souls ... border.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:55px 10px 0px 10px;}
.clover-border .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.clover-border .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.clover-border p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.clover-border b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.clover-border u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 366 :: Big Grin!

It seemed like it had been months since Sage had seen or heard from her blonde headed sister. At first, the Optio hadn't been too worried; after all, her sister had the same wanderlust that ran in their blood. But now, Sage was nearly certain she had abandoned Inferni, and she wondered if the same had come of China. The trio had always been close, but it seemed now that their lives had driven them apart. But where had they gone?

Snapping herself out of her daydream and pulling her mind away from sadness, Sage tried to focus on the present. Bloodshot, lazy eyes stared forward as she rode atop Lennon at a slow, comfortable trot. As was common, the horse's gait was nearly putting her to sleep, but with a yawn she blinked and rubbed her face, trying to stay awake. The Gypsey Vanner's powerful legs carried her rhythmically towards Folly Lake, one of her new favorite haunts inside of Inferni's expanded borders. From here golden eyes could just barely see the diamonds shining on the surface of the water, the sun's face high above the pair. Just as she had reached it, though, her ears shot forward with the perception of an all-too-familiar sound.

Clover! Instantly she dropped all negative thought; wherever Clover had been, she was here now! Setting her mind into focus, she caught wind of her scent-- though it was slightly different now, she noticed-- and followed it at speed. Coaxing Lennon quickly into a steady canter, she hastily covered the distance between them, arriving to see her sister looking the same as always. The fact brought a beaming grin to her face as she called out, slowing Lennon as she approached. "Clover! Where have you been?!"

Once she got close enough, the Optio dismounted, hardly waiting for her stallion to stop moving. She bolted towards her sister and flung herself into the girl with light force, hugging her tight. After a moment, she bounced back to stand in front of her, face bright with anticipation. She wasn't sure what to expect from Clover, but nothing mattered right now but that happy moment, and Sage clung to it gratefully.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 509 :: Thanks so much for joining!! Big Grin

Now it was a matter of waiting, and Clover found herself pacing back and forth over the same span of a couple meters. Her call would be heard by someone, no doubt, and now she only had to wait for them to arrive. Several thoughts tumbled through her head – would it in fact be a sibling to greet her? Would she be welcomed with kind words, or shunned for her abandonment? – but she did her best to let these thoughts drift from her consciousness. They only made her anxious, she realized, and so instead she brought the smoldering thing to her lips once more and took a deep inhalation of her favorite medicinal herb.

Before her gaze fell upon the approaching mare and coyote duo, darkened ears turned to catch the sound of approaching heavy hooves. Clover spun on the spot, golden hair turning about her shoulders in a shimmering wave, and realized it was Sage who had answered her call. Though there was a supreme sense of elation in this small fact, Clover could also feel the ugly turn of guilt and shame in the pit of her stomach. A smile found her lips and the young Lykoi woman told herself to focus only on the good.

"Sage!" Clover called out, raising a hand into the air to wave as Lennon brought her sister closer. The Optio barely waited for Lennon’s hooves to fall idle before she had leapt from his back and came racing towards Clover. The other Lykoi opened her arms to her sister and welcomed the embrace Sage insisted upon. A warm feeling of tranquility spread throughout her frame while she held her sister close to her. Though she knew Inferni was no longer the home for her, there was nothing like having your family at your side. And for that alone, she missed the clan.

"I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. I guess I’ve just gotten so caught up in things..." She let her voice trail away, as her sister stepped back from their embrace and looked on with curious eyes. Clover let her own gaze fall away from her sister, who (despite her darker waves and half mask) looked very similar to Clover herself. "I met an intriguing man in the mountain some time ago and when I went back to Drifter Bay to collect some of the things I had left there from my time as a wanderer, he happened to come across me again. He is a leader now, and his kingdom is not far from here – the westernmost edge of the Bay. I went with him. Inferni just didn’t seem like home, and I needed change. Please don’t be angry with me." Clover didn’t necessarily need her sister’s approval of her abandonment, but she wouldn’t have been able to stand knowing her sister was irate with her decision. She wanted nothing but love between her and her siblings, since they were so dear to her. She couldn’t bear the thought of knowing she might have hurt any of them.

<style>
.clover-border {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.clover-border .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.clover-border .inner {background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/souls ... border.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:55px 10px 0px 10px;}
.clover-border .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.clover-border .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.clover-border p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.clover-border b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.clover-border u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 367 :: hmm, tell me if this post is awkward or something, lol. <3

Her body quickly warmed in her sister's embrace and Sage melted into it, having missed all of this lively, loving energy. Inferni was filled with cold hearts; ones that could not survive the winter. The Optio sighed happily, the bright in her eyes flashing greatly as she released her sister from the strength of her embrace, leaving one gentle arm around her waist for comfort.

But as Clover described her story about the man on the mountain, Sage found her face getting more and more wrinkled, sure that her sister had described the same handsome coy-wolf she had met not long ago. Her brows twisted in curious intrigue, she stared intently at her blonde sister, absorbing each word with adept chocolate ears. Sage nodded -- the edge of the Bay. The same place they'd heard word of housing a fresh pack. Her ears flicked back, vaguely concerned, though she played it off with an adamant shake of her head. If her sister was happy, so was she. "Of course I'm not angry with you, dear sister! I know well what you mean; Inferni isn't like home at all." It hadn't ever really felt like home, but she-- they-- had tried to make it feel that way. Unfortunately, it was much harder than all that.

Sage pulled back from her sister. "Clover," she started, her voice sounding sweetly interested. "what is the name of that man that you met on the mountain?" Her ears shot forward, breath bated as she was certain her sister would say just what she thought.

Sirius Revlis. So it was that man who had taken her dear sister away! The charming man certainly had an attractive personality; Sage couldn't really blame her sister for falling for it. She was sure that if she had spent more time alone with him on that mountain, she would have followed, too. Sage had duties in Inferni, then. Or so she'd thought. But most of her work so far had been in vain. Her eyes narrowed; she needed to speak with him again. If not just for her sister, for the welfare of Inferni as well. Swallowing, she found her throat to feel as dry as cotton.

<style>
.freebietable-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Q2c4x.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 105px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a05 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]