Day late and a dollar short
[html]

OOC 700+

Everything in life comes full circle, just as Orin was learning right now. Actually, her circle was more like a spiral that twisted out of control, dizzying the woman and spitting her back out right where she started. At least she started in a good enough place, because it wasn't so bad being back in Cercatori d'Arte.

In fact, the spiral dropped her off just a little to the left, because things weren't quite as they were before. A lot had changed in d'Arte and a lot had changed in her. The same devil that ran her and her daughters out months ago stayed in the pack lands to unleash other horrors on her pack mates. That fiend was gone now – Orin had seen the proof – but his legacy still remained. There were two dead pups and an alien sense of foreboding within the Cercatori borders.

Still, returning to her old pack lands had provided relief. She had been welcomed back into the pack by Shawchert and Skye with open arms, and she could never forget the sight of her daughters meeting their father for the first time. No one asked her to move back into the bookstore or pressured her to take up her old duties. Either they knew she would need time, or just assumed she would resume her writing projects. But Orin hadn't written a word since she fled Cercatori, and had no intent to sit down with her old tomes. They were full of too many ghastly horrors that Orin once thought to be just fantasy, but now knew were so very real. Instead of moving into her old home, she followed Shawchert to the Treetop Terrace where they could live and heal as a family.

She took to the new place immediately. At first she'd been afraid of a place called 'Treetop Terrace,' thinking it would be a nightmare to have her children there, but so far it was working out well. Orin had always been a small, sleek wolf with untapped dexterity, but after her recent training with Niro she was now able to move through the trees with ease – even in places Shawchert had not built structures in. This morning she was doing just that; enjoying the peace of the trees. She had climbed out onto a sturdy limb and lounged in the shade, the sun peeking through the leaves from time to time. Her daughters were preoccupied elsewhere, so now she had time to just sit and think.

Soon, though, a noise from below roused her. Her half-lidded eyes opened and she peered down at the forest floor. There was nothing noticeable right away, but still her curiosity had been peaked. The woman stood on the limb, stretched, and then grabbed a thick vine. She wrapped herself around the swaying rope and slid down like a fireman, stopping intermittently so the friction would not burn her hands. She looked around but saw nothing of interest.

Well, now that I'm down here I might as well see how things are... She thought to herself. There would be a few hours of free time until she would have to come look after her daughters again. Taking advantage of this, Orin began moving through the woods toward the pack's miniature version of a capitol; Thornbury.

The walk was peaceful and eventless, a monotony Orin would never take for granted again. She arrived at the town in the north-easter district, and out of habit ambled toward the shopping square. Realizing what she was doing she changed her course and walked purposefully past the place she used to spend all her time. As she moved through the small town, she noticed hints of a recent gathering, and smiled. Well, perhaps things hadn't changed that much here in d'Arte while she was gone. Her pack still knew how to have a good time. Most of the celebration had been cleaned up by now but there were still a few decorations strewn out here or there, and Orin assumed the party had happened just days before she had returned. “Darn,” she joked in a low murmur. “I'm a day late, and a dollar short.”

<style>
.orinlizard-text {padding:0px 7px;}
.orinlizard {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.orinlizard b {color:#e9b656; font-weight:bold;}
.orinlizard {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad9500; background-image:url(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5581/souls68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3e4b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+7. I'll raise your table with another silly one! Also, I'm pretty sure they got back from the caravan expedition by this time..?

Wood. It was all the orange-eyed male could see as he lie in bed and stared up at the ceiling of his shack. For once, in a long time, it was quiet save for his breathing. The pups were not around, and he was glad for that. But it was something the coywolf would never tell, certainly not to Skye, like a child keeping hold of a precious secret. Sun streamed in through the window above him, caked with dust and grime. It was a filter to the real light from outside, where Bangle was supposed to be.

Thoughts weighed him down, though, as if holding him to the bed. There was not much he wanted to do that day, except enjoy the silence and lack of destruction brought on by the miniature versions of himself. Being a father was exhausting, but it sometimes had its rewards. At first it was all talk - of how glamorous the life would be. Bangle had been sold by the idea, ironically enough, but found he was more often disappointed; he felt tricked.

And not only tricked, but robbed. Life wasn't hard enough, he had lost one of his own to the wild... and Bangle only hoped 'Thaniel was as much of a gypsy as his father used to be. "Used to.." He muttered aloud into the dust and the dim light, before finding the strength to get out of bed, out of his funk, and out of the grimy, filtered light. The bat-eared male did not pack anything for travel, only brought the few things he needed when the craftsman decided to wander about his home.

Hopping off the front porch, and into daylight, he turned towards his tree, clutched its branches and ascended it. Bangle had hoped to work on a personal tree fort up in the large oak, as it rained leaves and made noise with the coywolf climbing within. Life got in the way, though, and it wasn't like it used to be. Finding his perch, which gave a natural window to the world around him, Bangle sat and leaned back against the bark, an itch finally scratched.

He saw many things in Thornbury, as expected. The tops of the buildings, some used and some not, the large painted caravan - back from the expedition and being looked over for damages, the horses that whinnied in their stables. But Bangle, too, saw a flash of blonde up ahead, and it was moving towards the more open part of the town. The craftsman blinked, removing his back from the tree and leaning forward for a better look, out of curiosity for the stranger. Sure enough, it was a white female with short hair, who seemed to walk about as if she were familiar with the place, light hair gleaming like a beacon in the sunlight.

"Oi there!" He belted, sure she could hear him even with the oak in the distance. He wasn't sure who she was, exactly, but it did not look like anyone he had seen before. The Guffawri male scrambled to get out of the tree, nearly jumping from its highest point, feeling his feet tingle as they landed and started in her direction. His bangles rang out like a song, his dreads moving which way and that. The closer he got, however, the more he could not believe what he saw before him. Orin had returned. He stopped mid-step, his foot dangling a few inches above the ground. "O-orin..?"

Without much thought, the coywolf strode towards her and got a closer look. It most definitely was the female, though she had changed her hair. Bangle gave a loud guffaw, stepping up to her and giving the woman an enormous hug, before jumping back. The day, just then, had become as bright as the woman's now golden hair. "Yer back! How--? When--? N' yer puppies..?!" Too many questions sputtered from the man's tongue, nearly leaving him breathless. The last he had ever heard from her, was that she ran with her remaining puppies after the huge incident in Cercatori, one that nearly tore the pack apart. But that hardly mattered now, as he looked at Orin with a large, goofy grin, the lighter part of his chest heaving for air, breathing through his teeth.

<style type="text/css">
.Bangle_instyle b {font-weight:bold; color:#2b475a; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5f5fa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Bangle_instyle .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Bangle_instyle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Bangle_instyle {margin:0px auto; width:468px; background-color:#747f68; border:2px solid #122022; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#322211; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC I PMed you about Orin's hair. It's not pink anymore, and that is totally my fault for not updating my profile yet. But it was work-aroundable so I hope it's ok that I posted before you edited. Wink 400+

The woman froze like a frightened deer, unsure of whether she should turn and bolt or stand and fight. It sounded like a hurricane was coming toward her. A fashionable hurricane made of bands and beads. What?

Orin blinked in surprise as she turned toward the sound. If she were a cat she’d be puffed out every which way… And in fact, she pretty much was now. Her ears stood straight up in surprise and her tail twisted around her ankle, momentarily submitting to the sudden fear. Perfectly golden and perfectly bulging eyes focused on the running coy-wolf, and for a moment she hadn’t the faintest idea what the hell he was doing. Why was Bangle running? Was there danger?

‘Orin! You’re back!’ He called to her, and then she realized he wasn’t running from trouble, he was running to her! Her moment of surprise passed and her expression instantly transformed from panic to exhilaration.

“Bangle! You rascal!” She threw her arms wide and wrapped the man in a bear hug. For a moment there was a glimmer of her former self as she raised her feet off of the ground and hung by the man’s shoulders in delight. “I missed you!” For so long Orin had been able to peer out her window to see her neighbor up to some sort of trouble. Bangle was never stagnant, always up to something, and she loved ‘spying’ on him when she lived in the bookstore across the way.

“I just came back a few days ago! Skye didn’t tell you?” She asked as she ended the hug, stepping back and arching a brow in question, but still completely ecstatic at their reunion. “I saw her that day. I guess she’s been busy. I’ve come home, I’m back here to live with my pack again.”

“The pups – the girls,” she corrected herself quickly. “Are just fine. They finally got to meet their daddy and there’s all kinds of stuff here for them here to discover. They’re with Shawchert now in the Treetop Terrace, but you have to meet them.”

She waved towards Bangle’s tree in the distance. “How’s it coming along?” She was hoping for an invite up. She wanted to talk to her friend more, but didn’t want to commence with the reunion in the middle of Thornbury in case others came by. She loved her pack, but one meeting at a time would suffice.

<style>
.orinlizard {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad9500; background-image:url(http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5581/souls68.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3e4b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 659. You know, I found it strange so I talked to Sunny, and she said Skye definitely would have told Bangle that Orin returned.. but let's say, for all purposes of this thread, that she just forgot or he wasn't paying attention XD.

He did not pay attention to how shocked the now-blonde woman seemed to look as the coywolf ran towards her, his decorations making so many different noises it was hard not to see him coming. The coywolf stopped just short of bowling into her, embracing her fiercely like a friend he hadn't seen in a long while. In the excitement, Orin was momentarily hoisted off the ground, and when he let go of her his golden eyes sparkled, where moments ago they were but dim lights in the darkness. "Well.. that's good.. I'd miss me, too!" He quirked, a grin stretching his face from ear to ear, feeling a moment of happiness for a returned companion amidst the trouble he had been faced with.

There had been many changes in the lives between the pair that stood in the open of Thornbury, among the ashes of the firepit that he had made for their recent celebration. Orin had changed physically, much unlike him, from the now straw-colored hair to the shapely figure that returned after her pregnancy. What they did share, though, was a common heartbreak, as well as emotional changes that, for now, were put aside. Bangle found himself panting from his exertion, shaking his head at her question. "She's been busy, a'course.. pro'bly forgot!" Or it could have been the other way around, as the male's mind drifted as often as he once did across the lands.

Frantic nodding came from the male, his tongue rolling out of his mouth as he heard about the two daughters of Orin's.. and Shaw's. He briefly wondered what they looked like, but they were at least healthy and safe. A part of the coywolf knew she would return home, but never again to live in the house where the tragedy occurred. His head consciously turned in the direction that was her former bookstore, and though it still stood it seemed like a dark, creepy, and haunted mansion. There were times Bangle thought he heard noises coming from the store, as it was across his own rickety wooden shack, but it may have also been the strange noises that infiltrated his own home.

There was a mention of Treetop Terrace, where Shaw lived and now so did the rest of his family, and Orin. He knew of the place, but had been to preoccupied with his own minions, and other things, to adventure through the bridge-swinging trees. "Leave it t' a carpenter like Shaw t' make a house out'a scraps, eh?" Bangle said as he examined the woman, who looked different and yet the same to him. He turned in the direction of her waving hand, and looked back at his large oak tree. He remembered when they met, and she climbed up with him in it, and they could see all of Thornbury from it. Bangle had also mentioned the likes of a tree-fort up there, mostly for himself, but since Shaw's disappearance and the trouble within Cercatori, it was left undone.

"'Fraid I haven't 'ad much time," he said, shaking his head as he turned to look back at her. "Things've been a lil'.. hectic, since Shaw left." Though the timing couldn't have been worse, even as things slowly began to settle down and return to their former state, Bangle thought about asking Shaw to build the tree fort up there, if only for his kids. But it had become the coywolf's place of quiet thinking, a peaceful place where no one could touch him, not even the world beneath. "Been thinkin' to check Treetop Terrace m'self, after th' things I've heard 'bout it. What better place t'build a tree fort fer th' lil' rascals, eh?" The coywolf then nodded over to his own tree, which he had decided then and there would be his own place of escape. "Yeh wanna see it fer yerself? Not much 'as changed, bu yeh can still see all of Thornbury from it."

<style type="text/css">
.Bangle_instyle b {font-weight:bold; color:#2b475a; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5f5fa; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Bangle_instyle .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Bangle_instyle {margin:0px auto; width:468px; background-color:#747f68; border:2px solid #122022; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#322211; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC Feel free to get them up in the tree or whatever you wanna do. 700+

Something about seeing her ol’ coy-wolf friend acted like a salve to the soul. Returning to Cercatori d’Arte had been a challenge for Orin – a task that she knew was right, but that still took a lot of courage to carry out. Seeing old friends and face, rather than just the places where horrors abound, was what kept her there, what renewed her vigor.

But she didn’t miss it when Bangle’s eyes wandered to the building nearby. Yes, it was her former home. A place that she never wanted to call home again – as far as she was concerned, the space inside those walls wasn’t Cercatori’s territory, they were the Devil’s. There was a strange, haunting aura oozing from that place. Orin didn’t know if anyone else could feel it, or if she was just still a little crazy from it all. She assumed the latter. It felt like something was creeping under her fur, and she couldn’t help it when she crossed her arms over her breast and scratched gently at her arms. The place that once had been so full of life now held nothing but darkness.

She was grateful when the wily merchant’s attention moved on to other things. It took a moment for her to peel her eyes off of the book store, but with a little labor she was looking at Bangle again. “Yeah,” she tried to smile, but it was a hobbled one at best. She shook her head and started again. “Yeah, it’s a great place-” (she was referring to the Treetop Terrace) “-very beautiful, but it’s nothing but stress with the pups. They’re too young for their hands yet, so you gotta hope they don’t trip. I’ve made Shawchert install some low railings in the places we frequent so if they do take a wrong step they won’t go flying overboard. But sometimes that doesn’t even feel like enough. It’s getting there though, he’s doing a good job. Especially with all that I’ve tasked to him.” As she spoke, her mood brightened. The worry melted from her eyes, and she was beginning to push thoughts of the bookstore out of her head.

She started walking towards the old oak tree, gazing up into its branches as its shade swallowed her whole. He was right, he hadn’t really gotten anywhere on it. She felt bad for him; a tree fort would have so suited him. But she knew he and Skye had pups now, and she understood first hand that time had a funny way of getting away from you when you were a parent.

“Yeah, I hear ya,” she agreed, nodding along at the thought of the timing. “I’m afraid I’ve pretty much filled his plate as far as work goes, but I could tell him and maybe he can get around to it after he fixes up the Terrace?” Then Bangle mentioned something more about the Terrace, and her eyes lit up. “That’s a great idea! Bangle, you’re a genius! Why don’t we ask him to make a play palace in one of the trees. Then they could all use it. It’d be convenient for pup sitting too.”

She grinned, making a mental note to ask Shawchert about building a sky-scraping play area for the pups. She looked back into the oak branches, grinning. Something about this place was just so… Bangle. It wasn’t meant to be destroyed by a rag-tag bunch of rugrats… It was meant to be enjoyed by a rag-tag, crafty ‘yote man.

“Let’s go up,” she nodded, and then placed her hands against the bark. She probably could have leapt up and snagged the lowest branch and swung up, but she was Orin. When there was somebody else around to help, she was as useless as a child. She looked at Bangle, holding one foot off the ground. “Boost?”

She was looking forward to once again seeing the sights of Thornbury from Bangle’s tree. It had been so long since the first and last time the pair perched up there, staring out at the village that didn’t know they were looking back. It made her feel like a pup again. Maybe she’d feel like that this time, too. Oh, she hoped so.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+5. Pp permission allowed!

The moment that the girl with pink hair had left the painterly pack, things had changed. For her and for the better of the pack. It had seemed that Orin had not lost her sense of fun, or childish mirth that always pursued her even after she became a mother. The same could be said for the coywolf, though he felt a bit "tamed" due to his unruly pups, but had managed to hold it together all the same. It had delighted him to see Shaw and her again, and hopefully there would be no running away again, as he had almost done once.

Ears swiveled as he listened to her speak of Treetop Terrace.. and the more she spoke about it, the more he wanted to see it for himself. Briefly he thought of asking her to take him there, but to her it was 'home', where the pups and their father stayed. Surely she was here in Thornbury to get away from it all, and Bangle shook his head. He would ask that of her another day, or find it himself. He watched as she took initiative and began walking towards the tree that shaded his wooden shack, and he follows her, matching step for step.

Bangle beamed when Orin brightened up at the idea of a tree house - for all their pups, even. At first he had been thinking selfishly, but the idea for all of them was an even better notion. The toothy grin on his face stretched without much notice, widening even as Orin presented the idea of making pup-sitting a relaxing job. "A place t'play and watch 'em? Yer brilliant! Careful Orin, yer after my own 'eart," he japed, wagging a single finger at her. He watched as she looked up at the tree, and he followed her gaze. There were only a few things that hung among its branches - spare lanterns, long strings of beads, shrunken doo-dads, and who-whats-its that made noise when they collided with one another in the breeze.

Then he watched as she wanted to go up, and he nodded swiftly in agreement. The tree may not have been as tall as any in Treetop Terrace, from the sound of it, but it was still an escape from the world. And today Bangle was happy to share it with a dear friend. He rolled his eyes as she asked for a boost, knowing full well she'd be able to climb it herself. Still, Bangle stepped up behind her and cupped his hands under her foot, and boosted her up to the first lowest limb. "Thought yeh were a regular tree squirrel?" He teased, watched as she climbed higher. He followed suit, finding the sturdiest limb near the top which the coywolf favored.

From that vantage point, the oak leaves were more sparse, and some holes allowed to see all of Thornbury within its sights. Being this far from the earth was freeing to the coywolf; it suspended him, kept him still hanging to the world, but allowed him to dangle his feet in the air. "As good as any view, eh?" He nudged Orin with an elbow as he sat next to her, remembering the time they were up there, when they met. It was the only other time he had shared his tree with another. Even Skye hadn't yet ventured up there with him - but to the craftsman, it was his escape, even from her. As much as he hated to admit it, it was, but it never occurred to him to invite the red-headed woman up here as easily as he had asked of Orin.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC 400+

“Me and trees don't have a very good history. I like them and all, but it's more likely they'll do something to me no matter how well I can climb.” she chittered as she climbed into the tree, assisted by Bangle's improvised step-boost. Of course, the last time she'd experienced a bad accident in a tree was the day she met Shawchert, when he found her dangling by her wedged ankle. She was helpless, and he rescued her. She didn't want to risk another sprained foot – which was becoming more and more possible now with all the time she spent in trees these days.

“Speaking of your heart,” she said over her shoulder as she went higher up into the tree and then settled on one of the sturdy, main branches. “I saw Skye when I first came back, she looks amazing. I wish I could say the same for myself.” She glanced down at her belly woefully – a belly that showed no lasting signs whatsoever of the children she'd carried for two months. She poked at the spot that had once been so swollen, faking a pout, and then looked back at bangle. “Okay, I guess the baby chub all went away, but something is different about Skye. She's changed a lot – for the better I'd say. Have things been very hard in d'Arte the last few months?”

She wasn't sure if the change in Skye had been out of simple hard work and determination, or if it had been forced upon the woman through necessity. Either could be possible; the leadership of the pack had suddenly and unexpectedly been thrust upon her, and she had to keep the pack in control during a strife that would have torn even the eldest of packs apart – all before d'Art was a half-year old.

Her legs fell over the side of the tree branch and she stared out at the rooftop view. She nodded in approval of the sight, even as she mulled over thoughts about Skye and the pack. “The view here is spectacular. There's only a few places in the Terrace where you get a view – mostly you just look at other trees. Branches and leaves for miles. If you go to the peak of a few of the largest trees you can see out over the forest, and on clear days you can see the sea.”

Her voice trailed off for a moment as she thought about the one time she had enough spare time to get up there an look out. It was a pity that there weren't more sights like that in the treetops. After a moment, she turned her gaze back to Bangle. “So how about you?” She poked him and grinned mischievously. “How do you like being Daddy Bangle now?”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 669

When settled on the thick limb, the craftsman swung his legs back and forth as would a child when in such high a place. It thrilled Bangle to no end to be up and away from the world, and had half a mind to ask Shaw to build him and his family a hut up in the big treetops, too. He and Orin shared the same thought, if only briefly, and when she spoke about Skye the craftsman's legs stopped swinging. "What're yeh sayin'? Yeh look.. dif'rent!" He raised his hands up, palms open towards her, as if to dodge a blow that would be coming his way. "Not sayin' it's a bad thing, a'course," he nodded, looking her over. The only physical differences he saw in her was the loss of her protruding belly, and the normal color that now made her part of the crowd. Bangle had thought it was becoming of her, but now it was harder for him to single her out amongst others.

However, her observations were as sharp as ever, it seemed. Bangle looked out into the whole of Thornbury, as he had several times before. It was true that Skye had changed in the last few months, becoming physically and emotionally stronger. Not just because of what had happened to the pack that she now had to lead on her own, but what had happened to her son. She was strong, confident, and seemingly capable to take on so many things at once. He often saw her training with a knife in the woods, or patrolling in her four legged forms. Her remaining children saw her as a strong leader, but they were beginning to notice the absence.

After a few moments, he nodded to woman next to him. "Y' could say that.." The coywolf muttered, clearing his throat. "Hasn' really been th' same since, well, we lost.. our son." The last couple of words were a whisper, as if it were a bad omen to mention what the couple had lost. Bangle blinked, refusing to show weakness even towards a close friend, and attempted to shrug it off. "But who can blame her, y'know? Cercatori is in better shape now. N' she's very glad t'see you, Shaw, n' th' girls again though."

He tried not to focus on the bad things that had happened, shrugging again as he leaned to press his back against the large trunk to his right. What had happened happened, and Bangle had to focus his efforts here, at home, where he belonged. The wilds was no place for a young pup, so another search would surely prove useless. Folding his arms across his chest and looking back out in the open, he tried to picture what Treetop Terrace looked like from its highest vantage point. A smirk stretched his face when he thought of it. "Th' sea, eh?" The endless expanse of blue was intriguing to the male, and he mentally made note to head to the shores when he could. He often wondered what other worlds lay beyond its expanse, or if it stretched on until the edge of the world. It held mysteries, and possibilities, all of what Bangle wanted to know, taste, and someday see.

The craftsman was nearly startled when a sharp jab came from the women next to him, and his body jumped at the reaction. He uncrossed his arms and placed them to either side of him, gripping the wood beneath his fingers. For a moment he sat looking at her with a blank face, before the guise melted away into one of artificial grief. "'S'a handful! They're raucous terrors, loud n' destructive an'...." He paused, along for a bigger grin. "An' jus' like their father. No wonder meh own mother exiled me," he remarked jokingly, though the reasons of his leave were for another reason entirely than just his unruly behavior. "Gotta be harder t'be a mother, though," Bangle remarked to her, tilting his head to the side. "..Right?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

If the wolf-woman could blush at the compliment she would have, but instead her shy smile and bashful eyes showed her modesty – modesty that was wholly feigned for Orin. She had changed tremendously in the weeks that she had been away, more than just in the ways that Bangle saw now. If only he had seen her as Desdemona the man might have been impressed, proud even. Maybe a little creeped out, too? It had been such a transformation of body and mind that Orin wasn’t fully sure that Desdemona had left her entirely. It felt more like the alter ego was just asleep for now.

“Thanks. It was just… out there… I didn’t have the time or the supplies to do the upkeep my old style needed,” she lied. A moment of silence hung in the air and then she shook her head. “No, that wasn’t it. I cut the dreadlocks shorter and then combed it out. It was one hell of a project and took days but it worked. I dyed my hair and some of my fur… I couldn’t be found.”

She stared out at the sightline, tracing the silhouettes of the village with her eyes. They both knew why she had to hide, she didn’t need to add any more. Suddenly the carefree mood of their reunion was darkened, and she listened intently while Bangle told her about some of the changes that had come about… and why….

Orin gasped, jerking to look at Bangle. Her eyes were wide with mournful shock. The man only whispered what had happened and then tried to pass it off, but Orin couldn’t just let that one drop. “Bangle no!” she cried in shock, knowing full well what it was like to lose a child… a son. Her bright eyes grew starry with tears and she raised a tentative hand to his shoulder, a million scenarios playing through her imagination all at once. [b]“What happened?”

She could tell by his face that he didn’t mean it when he called his children terrors, that he loved each and every moment he got with his two pups, but she knew that there had to be a hurt nestled deep down inside the coy-wolf that would tear apart a lesser man.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]