I Refuse This Poison
OOC: Free post order--for sure this time :X (Nootau: Visible)

It was all terrible--every bit of it. The way Liliana had been treated had made the anger in her heart flare, and the last time she had visited Chief Dawali he had seemed so... despondent. But the visions...they gnawed at her heart and urged her to do anything but just sit. Underneath her tree home, the children safely asleep in their beds, Ralla howled long into the night sky, calling for those that would listen. The Guardians would pay it no heed, since the call was made for family, and thus normal for those who wished to contact their kin. But the newcomers didn't know that Ralla didn't normally howl to reach her tribe mates, and hopefully those who knew her would heed the call and know that something was up.

The fire illuminated her face--white, and seemingly made of stone--as she sat by it, although she did not plan to stay there for much longer. Should those who wished to congregate come, they would move to Grandfather's Tears, where they were far enough from the village and border than any patrolling Guardians would not be any wiser to their activity. She knew that what she was doing was dangerous, and that it put her family in danger. But as it was, Maska had already harmed her family in various ways, and she would not stand for it. The mother had never been a warrior--had never been strong.

But she would fight.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.
OOC: Ayasha is sneaking out at night O.o!

IC: Ralla didn’t realize that Ayasha wasn’t entirely asleep. She could tell something was up with her mother. But Ayasha didn’t know what. So she watched through half-lidded eyes as her mother left the treehouse. She waited to see what else would happen. Ralla’s howl rang through the night and she glanced over at her siblings to see if they woke up. They stirred and went back to sleep.

Ayasha, however, was wide-awake. Her was up to something! But what? She climbed down the ladder and saw her mother by the fire, still and quiet. Her eyes darted around as she crept next to her mother. ”Mom? What are you doing? Does it have to do with Maska and his guardians?” Her voice was quiet and her questions to the point.

Ayasha had changed over the last month or so. The encounters with Chitsa made her a bit wary of asking questions and with Dawali no longer Chief and everything becoming oppressive, she had sobered considerably. She sat next to Ralla and looked up at her, searching for answers and comfort. But she knew that the answers might not be pretty and comfort would be a premium. But Ayasha tried to see the positive in everything. But there might just not be any.
ANGRY LEON!!! :|

She called and he came.

A hulking shadow from the darkness, in his Secui form he was far more intimidating that his optime could ever be. White eyes glowed in the night;, wide, wild and filled with the promise violence. He had heard of the damage done to Liliana, had seen it with his own eyes in passing. Now his heart was filled with blackness, a terrible rage that was burning fiercely. Snarling growls fell from his maw, unstoppable as he padded closer to the fire and began to pace around it, the fire reflecting the pure animal in his eyes. Not many had seen him in this state before, claws dug deeply into the ground and pulled up chunks of grass and dirt.

His voice was harsh and low as he nodded to Ralla, "Osiyo, Etikaiele Gata." His daughter had wanted to come and he had told her no but he knew she was out there, could smell her scent riding on the breeze. She was an adult now, he could not control her actions only attempt to guide her, he hissed into the darkness and the brown she wolf came forwards, in the same form as he. Purple eyes reflecting manically like her father's and teeth bared in a death grimace, both Austral members paced relentlessly, hackles raised.

"Osiyo, Ayasha." His words echoed by Analise.
Saxif heard the howl; it was odd that Ralla would call a meeting so far south. Her mind whirred for a moment… unless it was not with the guardians. She sheathed her bow from the practice she had paused and had begun to run. The thought of having a meeting with Ralla and others was thrilling. It didn’t take her long to arrive. Her heart pumped with adrenaline from the exerted run. She slowed when Ralla’s scent became apparent. A few had beaten her to the call but she did not mind just so long as she was there. She nodded in greeting to the others and greeted the white female.

Aniin, Osiyo. She said in her native tongue and the AniWayan. She stood next to the rustled pair of Secui’s they were her new family, she would always join their side if anything arose. She wondered if Shiloh would join them, she had not seen her mate for much of the day. The scarred wolf had been worrying her lately her actions have been far too strange and Saxif feared her safety. She shook the thoughts and crossed her arms setting her attention upon Ralla. What ever the former leader had to say she would listen as her total and complete follower.

Shiloh had just been getting some rest, Mizu and the pups keeping her up for most of her nights when she heard Ralla's call. Ralla... her closest friend and family. She owed her her life and would do anything for her as she would for Saxif if anything was needed. Shiloh put Mizu's pups with Mizu and silently left the house, running away her worry and sense of unease as she came to the fire where many others had already came from the howl.

She spotted her mate and went to her, touching her nose to hers before nuzzling against her. Saxif had been away from her most of the time since they had been back from the trip and Shiloh missed her mate dearly but with Mizu hurting and these new people taking over she had more pressing matters. She hoped Saxif didn't notice her slight limp and bruised rips from a fight she had gotten in with one of the guardians. She had been avoiding her till she was healed enough to walk by her without her noticing what had happened. Saxif already looked ready to fight and she licked her cheek before settling next to her, noticing Leon and Analise were there as was Ayasha.

"Evening all." she all but growled as she almost already knew what was going to happen. She would follow Ralla to death if need be and she had some pent up emotions running was not letting off. She took Saxif's hand and threaded her fingers though hers, knowing only her mate had the power to calm her.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.dump10 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d14d0a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump10 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.dump10 {width:400px;border:1px solid #902900;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... dump10.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#1b1007;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#902900;}
</style>

Ptitsa is visible and audible

Ralla had called for her kinsmen, and the Spaniard had heard. He had been up late, watching his family sleep. Unable to himself. He had slipped away silently, only the creaking of the cabin's wooden door to betray him. Once free from the wooden den, he slipped into his Secui form. Silent as an owl's wing beats he moved amoungst the shadows. The bright golden pelt blended in surprisingly well with the night, quick paws moving like a stallion's own. Whatever was going down, it was sure to be improtant. Even Ptitsa flew with an air purpose, she made no sound unlike a real bird. She flew with a ghostly silence around her that even a tangible own would have trouble mimicking.

He approached Ralla, and a selection of others, including his brother and neice. 'Osiyo Sister' he said strongly as he felt. He was a warrior, perhaps only at a basic rank, but he was ever so close to reaching the second stage it was truly unreal. 'Why have you called us here on this fine night?' he asked, a smile playing on his lips. He had an inkling why. The falcon guide swooped down, landing gently beside the pair, 'Greetings'

[/html]
[html]

Ghost is present. <3

The medic found herself preparing to sleep when she heard the call.

The situation in which the AniWayans and her were currently in had sunk in her head long ago. And her enthusiastic attitude had faded during the last days. She had tried to ignore the confusion, but she couldn't hide it from Kali, her ghost companion, who was really attentive to what happened on her head.

So, when the howl reached her ears, she forgot about the sleepyness and sprinted towards the source of the sound. This calling didn't sound mandatory, as she would have waited from the usurpers, but friendly and with a tint of urgency. She was relieved that she was on her Lupus form. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been able to leave the village without being spotted by the 'guardians', which watched its surroundings attentively. The earthen wolf ran all the way to the meeting place within minutes, the ghost that had become her companion and conforter by her side; when she arrived, she sat just beside Saxif and Shiloh. Many of the wolves gathered there were familiar to her, but there were two that she had never seen before. A white female with a moon-shaped mark on her forehead and a male with white eyes and a pelt that seemed to melt with the fire's brilliance. Her first greeting gesture was for her friends, who cuddled against each other tenderly. A smile and a low hi came out in their direction, but her gaze didn't linger on the couple for much longer. Lime green landed on the wolfess who called all of them. A respectful bow was her first gesture towards her, and the only one, for she remained in silence. She was interested to know what were they called for. And by the tone of kali's thoughts, she was curious too.

Luna lives "Luna says" Luna thinks "Ghost says"

table by lin
<style>
.sabinoedlunaooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.sabinoedlunacred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.sabinoedluna p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sabinoedluna b {color:#AEAD76; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #26240C; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sabinoedluna {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#26240C; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:399px;}
.sabinoedlunainner{background-color:#736B33; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... unatab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #3E3B13; width:399px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: People can still join, although I would prefer non-Guardians. I kinda pp-ed them all to Grandfather's Tears >_> GO DAWALI'S ARMY!

Stupidly, she should've known that at least one of her children would've heard her howl and investigated, but making the call from elsewhere out of the village would've been more suspicious, and a Guardian would've certainly come and discovered the odd meeting. As it was, when everyone was gathered, they would move immediately elsewhere to ensure safety. "Ayasha," she answered, picking up her arm to hold Ayasha around the shoulders as she sat beside her. "You should not be up, I--" The mother was promptly cut off as her call was answered by the thundering of two wolves who entered into the firelight. Indeed, they cut an intimidating silhouette, the father and daughter in secui form. Ralla greeted them in turn, happy that she had Leon there, at least. She knew full well his views on Maska, and could see just how angry he was at the recent events. Trustworthy and dependable as this made him for what she had called for, it also made him a liability should he be too hasty. But Ralla had learned to trust the Austral men better than that.

Soon more came, and Ralla greeted them all in turn: Saxif, Shiloh, J'adore, and Luna. J'adore, despite his previous actions and reservations about the new leadership, the mother knew to be trustworthy, and that he did not agree with these changes. Luna, although she had never formally met the other wolf, she knew to be a part of the tribe, and one of a quiet, diligent soul. Yet however much Ralla wanted to explain to them right there why she called, she could not. Nootau, perched in the trees, was restless where they were, and the possibility of one of the Guardians' spirits watching them was also high. Looking down as Ayasha, Ralla decided better against telling her to stay, knowing that it would be useless to do so. Besides, she was technically a full-grown member of the tribe anyway, just as Analise was; holding her back would be unrighteous. "We cannot speak here," Ralla said lowly, beginning to walk south. Looking back, she beckoned the gathered with her, although quietly. The fire let to burn out, as immediately putting it out with so many would be more suspicious. It was all very, very dangerous.

Silently they ran in the darkness, the thin crescent moon the only light and the light footfalls their only sound as they went. Grandfather's Tears was in view now, and Nootau chirruped that no Guardian or Guardian's spirit guide was about or following. Together they went to the edge of one of the springs, where the spirits of the past tribe who had perished in the winter slumbered soundly in the summer night. Fireflies flickered beautifully--the sight that Ralla had so wished to see and experience--about them like floating lanterns, and underneath the full leaves of an oak tree Ralla turned to face the gathered, however few. "We all know of Maska and his deeds that he has done," she started, her voice quiet in the night so that only those in the cover of the trees could hear. Forest green eyes sought out her tribe members, and she wondered just what right she had to put them in such danger. But they had answered, and had thus put up that they felt the same as she, for there was no mistake as to the reason of her sudden call. "We all know that his claims against Dawali cannot be true. Dawali has led us true and well for as long as any of us have been here, and nothing had told us otherwise until Maska came." This was likely truest in all their hearts; Dawali had been their anchor and guide whenever there was trouble, and had never led them astray. He was kind and just, and would never commit half the atrocities in his whole life that Maska had in a short month. "I no longer have the right to lead you all as I had before, but I cannot stand idly by and watch this all happen. And things will only get worse," she said with a pointed look to Leon, emphasizing what she had shared with him of her vision. "I know that Dawali has not completely submitted to Maska's rule, no matter how he may insist he has. But for his sake, we can't show any uprising--not yet. There are too many Guardians to combat, and I...I fear for us all." This was true as well; Ralla could not stand to see anyone else hurt because of the Galonv Adagatiyas and Maska's twisted reign, and to ensure that...she would do whatever necessary. "I know it is wrong, but we must do as we are told for now. But I will ask you this: If you believe in Dawali and our home, will you follow me again? I will not blame you if you refuse, but I ask that all I have said and all I will say to be kept a secret. Because I promise you, I will do whatever necessary to see our home returned." This was probably the first time Ralla had ever gone against the rule of power, and it startled even her. But she would not let her vision come to pass its full course, and she would not let her children grow under such a withering leader.

At Ralla’s insistence that she should have stayed away, Ayasha replied, ”I made sure my siblings are still asleep. They stirred slightly when you howled but went back to sleep. And Dicahli is staying behind to watch over them.” She wanted to make sure that her siblings were safe before she ran off. She turned to see Leon and Analise come, angry and in their secui form. It made her feel better that there was other young adults that were angry at everything and wanted to help change what was happening.

Despite the grave situation, she had to smile at Shiloh and Saxif holding hands. But her smile was erased by her mother said that they had to move. It was dangerous for them to stay here so as the group left, Ayasha said close to her mother. She felt safe near her and knew that her mother would protect her. When they arrived at Grandfather’s Tears, Ralla began to speak. About what Maska had done, she gave a barely audible growl but nodded.

She also agreed about Dawali was their leader. At her mother’s question about following her, Ayasha went over to her. ”I’ll follow you, mom. And I’ll “play nice” with them, for now. But Dawali is like my uncle. He found me when I was little and cared for me. I literally owe him my life. When will we know that the time is right?” She stood next to her mother, her face a mask of determination and support. She hoped that everyone would support Ralla.
LOL Leon be a scary mofo
5+

He hated the creeping around and hiding like rats, it smacked perilously close to cowardice to him. This was his pack! His home! why should he have to sneak around it as though he were a trespasser upon claimed grounds. A growl rumbled from his chest that seemed to echo thunder. The others gathered but he gave them almost no notice, he was so worked up in his own thoughts. Analise however was more sociable and said hello to the others. He understood the need for secrecy however, for surely if Maska discovered their gathering he would hand out punishments regardless of the reasons they provided him with,

They ran as one, as a pack should unlike the divided mockery of a family that was their home now and soon reached a place that was secluded enough for them to talk and plan undisturbed and unthreatened. The run helped calm him if ever so slightly and he felt he could safely return to his optime form without punching something or someone, secui paws were not good for throwing fists and there was only so much one could destroy with teeth. As the meeting regathered the man called to the man within himself and shifted to optime, resuming his great height, long black hair was pulled back and tied out of the way.

He listened in angered silence to the words that Ralla spoke to them all, his mind whirling around in circles like a dog chasing its tail. Analise sat at his feet, slowly digging up the dirt at her feet with her claws as her anger also grew. When she was done, he was struck into silence and simply stared at the white wolfess for several moments before Ayasha spoke out, vouching her favor to Dawali. He grunted, why was Dawali himself not here then if he was opposed against them too.

"I will never be able to promise that I will play nice. I have no respect for those who hurt women. But, I will keep my distance from them, it is the only way I can make sure I will not get into fights with those pets of his." He sighed and the his eyes glinted savagely and he showed his teeth, hackles rising,

"But if I am ever presented with the opportunity, I will kill that fraud of a leader." The violence within him was a very real and tangible thing, he himself could almost taste it in the air. He did not bluff or speak words to make himself seem important, he was not that kind of man and person, he spoke the truth, it rang his voice and there would be no doubt within anybody's mind at the meeting that he was a man who had killed before and would do so again.

His fierce eyes rose to meet hers,

"Etikaiele Gata, you have my word, I will follow you until our enemies lay at our feet choking in their own blood." Analise nodded her agreement, also showing white teeth.
At Ralla's words to leave Shiloh let go of Saxif's hand and shifted to her secui form and ran to the best of her advantage as her left hind paw was still badly sprung. She did her best to stay away from her mate as she ran, knowing her limp was more noticble as she ran. When Ralla had stopped she noticed it wasn't a plave she had been too often but she felt safer here then where they had been before.

She shifted back after a few moments, sitting where she had stopped, her ankle sporting something awful. As she listened to Ralla she nodded her agreements. She would follow her anywhere as she would follow Saxif anywhere. As she listened to Leon she looked over at him, flinching slightly at the mention of the guardians hurting females. Liliana had been the first and Shiloh hoped she was the last. Her own hackles rose at the revenge she wanted to get on the male that had hurt her. She would keep her distance and help any way she could

"I agree with Leon. I will also be keeping my distance. These guardians are not to be provoked. The don't care if your male or female they want to hurt us. I know first hand how they feel about us and how they enjoy hurting those who oppose them and their leader. Lets not give them... them a reason to hurt us," she said avoiding her mates eyes. She hoped Saxif didn't do anything that would get her hurt and Shiloh had already began regetting her words. She looked up at Ralla a felt the need to tell her that she would be there for her.

"Ralla I hear you say that you cannot lead us anymore but look at what one howl has brought. We are the wolves loyal to our cheif, you and AniWaya. I will fight with you, friend, when the time comes. For Liliana and her family and J'adore who has had to bend to the will of the newcommers to protect his mate and pups. I will protect those I love," she said with a anger she had been finding inside her more and more each day she had to deal with these new people. She rubbed her ankle, the only sign of her pain she was trying to hide from the others. Her ribs burned and throbbed the more she sat in her optime form and she had thought about shifting but didn't want Saxif to notice her pain and tiredness.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.dump10 b {font-weight:bold; color:#d14d0a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.dump10 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.dump10 {width:400px;border:1px solid #902900;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... dump10.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:235px;background-color:#1b1007;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#902900;}
</style>

it's the DA badge/icon

J'adore listened intently to the others as the spoke. What Maska and his guardian's had done was out of order and now it seemed with the recruiting of new ones that the situation was out of control. He cleared his throat, stepping forward, his shoulder still sore and stiff for a run in a few months ago. 'The recent going ons within AniWaya have been, and are, out of control. So many people have been hurt so far and we all must work together to stop the pain. But we must be careful, they will suspect the smallest things.' The Spaniard paused, 'Just think how hypocritical they are, claiming our ways are wrong, how our ways aren't lawful. When they take in people who know nothing of our tribe and promoting them to take care of him'. THe man's secui form shooks as he chuckled. 'But yes, I accept our Etikaiele Gata's terms. I will follow her and our true Kalona until the sacred fires die out'. He stood backwards, bowing his head.

The peregrine spirit squaked suddenly, 'As will I. This man has no respect for this place. If the spirits did not rule this place, would I be here? Would any of the guides be here?' Ptitsa returned to her ward, perching on the ground below J'adore.

[/html]
[html]

500+ She can get long winded when she's excited ^_^

Saxif had shifted along with her mate, the time as each muscle and bone crackled into place caused them to fall behind. She desperately wanted to inquire about her mate’s days she felt as though she was being avoided. The scent of Dawali had been noticeable upon her when she came close. Before she could utter a word though Shiloh was quick to catch up with the others. She had always been quicker in shifting than Saxif because of her size, but Saxif quickly caught up once she was finished the shift. Though Shiloh seemed slower than usual. When she was by her side she whispered You ok? She disregarded the worry as nothing, troubling the huntress further. She would definitely ask what’s going on later.

When the words began she listened intently but she also sniffed the air. Her golden eyes were the first to fall upon J’adore as he approached. Her guard was up unsure of his intentions but his words seemed heartfelt.

She pondered everyone’s words once they had spoken. She loved Shiloh’s fire but it scared her too. As she lowered to rub her ankle Saxif knew something was wrong. She chose to save it and continued with her words.

I agree, we must be smart about this. As much as I want to gut each of these invasive manipulative fools, patience is the key to victory. I have noticed guards and scouts watching my movements more often lately. Something big is happening and I feel the only way to stop it is with patience and planning.

She pondered for a moment strategies filling mind. Her brain wired for just this type of action. We need to thin the herd.. She muttered to herself. She shook her head at that; it was more than just that. It needed something else to be more affective. For this group they needed something just as cunning as the guardian’s invasion. She knew it wasn’t her place to plan but she hoped at the very least she could be heard.

In my opinion we should not only put our heads and follow commands… We should strive to gain trust. The more trust that is gained the closer we become to each of them. It would be difficult but it looks to me as though our loyalty resides here between us. This kind of tactic would give us the advantage we would have the surprise on our side if we chose to attack. It would also give us the insight as to just how we proceed not just with the group but with each individual. We could thin the herd possibly divide their numbers. Her voice had risen with the regal power of her bloodline as she spoke.

Then her golden eyes settled upon Ralla’s searching for some kind of approval or insight. Then to the others, the more they collaborated the more they could do with their numbers. We are few but if done right we can get our home back.

word count → 000 ;; table by lin
<style>
.saxif-friendsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saxif-friendscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saxif-friends p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saxif-friends b {color:#c2c2c2; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #183058; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saxif-friends {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#758EA3; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saxif-friendsinner{background-color:#183058; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #183058; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: I love you, Rose. We should all post that thing in our profiles XD Oh wait, can we!? :O PP was discussed with Tammi <3

Ralla was encouraged by her daughter's support and words, even if she could sense the rebelliousness underneath. In a sense, that rebellion was valued, now, and the woman placed a hand thankfully around her daughter's shoulders, her fingers playing with the ends of the braids that hung from the white girl's head. "Wado, Ayasha," Ralla whispered gratefully to her daughter, the heartbeat calming a little from earlier tension. However, they were not done, and soon the tension built back up--both good and bad. From a short distance Ralla saw Claudius join them, although Nootau gave her a look that assured her that no threats were near. She nodded to him, glad that the quiet man could make it, at least. While not outspoken or as passionate as Leon, he held his own love for the tribe.

Leon's words, as she expected, were strong and brave. But also foolhardy. However courageous and goodhearted the intentions were, Ralla knew that if Leon were ever to attempt murder, there would be dire consequences--those that not even she could shield him from. But she let him speak, as was his right, and nodded thankfully at his support. Next was Shiloh, who gave Ralla more encouragement and made her believe in the old tribe and the loyalty that they all still had, and it made her heart swell. Even J'adore, who was wise and played life cunningly like a chess game, stepped forward and gave his allegiance. Had Dawali been there, he would've been so proud to see his tribe rise to the occasion. Still she let them speak amongst themselves, if not just to hear them out. Dawali had taught her that a true leader listened to his people, and she hoped that if he saw them now he would feel just what she felt; pride, kinship, and the duty to act. However...

"We cannot act rashly," she interjected, fearing that if she let it go on for much longer they would be too riled by the prospect of victory. "We must be under no illusions: These Guardians are trained to kill and protect, and will not hesitate to do the same to you in the name of duty. Unlike them, we can't claim that right, and the punishment is death for murder." Many of them should know this, especially those who had recently dealt with the law. "The Galonv Adagatiyas are a group of warriors trained in the most deadly of the arts--sometimes more than even those in the warrior path. We can't mistake ourselves thinking that we can take them on alone." From there she nodded to J'adore, who brought up some valid points. "Yes, we must be careful. And I will say right now that where we are is too dangerous to meet regularly, but we can discuss that later. But think of this before any of you think of the chance to win this war soon; we are no good to Dawali alone or dead." Such words were harsh, but she hoped that it would drive the point home to those who would wish to act in such a manner; it would save their lives should they listen.

"I concur," said Nootau, the barn owl swooping down to perch on a lower branch as he answered Ptitsa's question. It was rare for the spirit guide to speak in public, much less speak at all, unless in a sarcastic or blunt tone. But he was fully serious now, and having support from the spirits themselves boosted Ralla's morale by miles; she hoped it did the same for those gathered. "Maska Ahote is hiding something. We who are spirit guides defer to the Great Spirit, and we have not heard such dissent in our realm. There is a greater plan here than just what he claims as Chief Aatau's orders." Being a spirit guide, Ralla had the feeling that both spirits could've enlightened them more to the situation, but she knew the ancient laws and codes; a spirit guide must guide. and not make the decisions for his or her charge. Their duty, alone, was to try and steer their charges to the paths destined for them.

"You are right, Saxif; this struggle can be won first by cunning. I cannot, however, guarantee that there will not be battle later." The white woman looked back out to the wolves, her forest green eyes stern. "Saxif's tactic is wise; not all of the new Guardians share the same sentiment as the first few who came with Maska, and it would be prudent for us to weed those out. We can't expect them to disobey their orders or act apart from their duties, though, and we cannot let on to our true intentions. But I want you all the keep this all in mind as well; we cannot kill them." She knew that such a statement seemed counter-productive and against their goal, but she would not have their hands bloodstained in such a manner. "I will not allow you all to sink to their level, as we all know death is not far from Maska's mind. Blood on your hands is heavy, and although I feel there will be much heartache and fighting, it is the AniWayan way of peace and honor. They can be made to submit." The night was growing old, and it would soon be too late for anyone to keep a cool enough head for such talk. "We have recently expanded our territory to the north, and so much of it is unexplored and devoid of Guardian numbers. I suggest we meet there next time I send out a call--we can all go to the cliffs, where the ocean waves will drown out any talk we may do there from prying ears. Until then, you should all practice with some sort of weapon or fighting style. If anyone asks, you are training yourself for Maska's use. More than I anything, I pray for you all to keep safe. The Great Fire burns for us always, and the spirits have not forsaken us. Wado, everyone."

With that, Ralla nodded to the tribes people and stepped down, shepherding Ayasha with her. As she looked out to them all, she saw the values of the tribe they loved glow from within them, and saw the basis of their loyalties. Leon and Analise; the fierce and brave. J'adore and Saxif; the wise and cunning. Shiloh, Claudius, and Luna; the dutiful and kind. Ayasha and herself; the loving and determined. Together they all represented only a small portion of what AniWaya was supposed to be, and what would be again.

Ayasha leaned against her mother, Claudius come over and nodded at him. As she listened to each member speak, she nodded. So many of their words were fitting with their personalities. Yet even her own was a bit different. She had never really been rebellious. But she supposed that now was the time for it. She could understand where each member was coming from and why he or she chose the stance that they did.

At being alone, the wheels in her head started turning. ”I can go to various packs and tell them what is happening. Then with the pigeon system, they can be ready should we need to rally their support. I’m sure that many of us have people in other packs we can trust to help us.” She spoke mostly to her mother but looked at everyone else as well.

At learning to fight, she thought about what to learn. Daggers would suit her. ”I could use someone to teach me to fight with daggers.” She looked this time at J’adore to see if her “uncle” would help her. She went with her mother. But she knew that there would be many more meetings to come and there would also be many hardships along the way.