Hammering Away the Trouble
[html]

WC: 411 OOC: Shaw gotta provide accessable exits for his family!

Shaw was feeling more at ease now. Orin was back and he was able to see his puppies. His routine changed once again, to fit them into his life, but he was still ever watchful. He got up before dawn as he always did, keeping an eye over the pack, seeing if there was anything suspicious that had happened or would happen. Then he patroled the borders of the pack to make sure there was nothing suspicious going on around there. It would take him much of the morning to do this, but it was worth every single step and scent Once finished he would have normally gone to pick flowers for Sky, but after her apparent distaste of him picking them by the stem and not the roots he gave up on that, though he had tried getting her attention.... until the party. That’s when he could tell she had moved on from him. His heart was broken he couldn’t believe that she would do what she had done to him, they had danced yes, but she had done more than just dance, it was the look in her eyes that made Shaw hate himself. No he started tending to the Terrace again, to make it suitable for the pups to be independent while they were still on all fours. Today he was working on making a ramp that went around one of the main trees that did not have a ladder attached to it.

Shaw worked diligently finding he had the perfect planks to work with, and he got to work, letting his mind escape the reality of his own loneliness, loss and newly found confusion for why life had been so unkind to him. He had done nothing but tried his best to be a good man, mate and leader, it seemed he was’t good enough, not if he was rewarded like this. He was now hammaring the frame for the ramp onto the tree which would also be reenforced with long thick pieces of wood burried into the ground at the end of the frame. He was quiet as he worked though a slight hum came from his throat, but it was nothing like he had played the night of the celebration. He had taken to his flute now that he’d played it again, but he had so many more important things to do, like making sure that his daughters were comfortable in their home.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc. I know I already said it once in AIM, but I just have to say it again. The thread title sounds so naughty. LOL!! WC 500+

A few days had passed since Orin's return to Cercatori d'Arte, and it felt like she and her haphazard family were starting to find their bearings. The days were entirely normal, yet there was some special magic to each eventless day that felt so spectacular. Perhaps it was finally having solid ground beneath her feet. Maybe it was because her puppies were so happy, or because they had all felt so welcome. Most likely it was because she and her now five-month old daughters finally didn't have to worry about what unknown strife loomed in their future. They were part of a pack again; Cercatori was where they belonged.

For Titania and Juliet, the days and warm summer nights had been full of adventure. They met their father, explored a new land, and were settling into their exotic new home in the Treetop Terrace. For Orin and Shawchert, the time was passed with what felt like incessant nagging from Orin. 'Can you do something about that? That looks dangerous.' 'Hey, go out and get some safety-planks for over here.' 'Oh, no no no no. this is all wrong.' 'Shit! Shawchert, grab Juliet before she falls!' and so on. But for the most part, Shawchert seemed to accept all of her worrying in stride, and was usually accommodating, even if he didn't necessarily snap to her demands right then. It was all for the safety of the pups, and he usually agreed with the importance of what she pointed out. Although she did think she caught a hint of derision when she questioned the strength of the floorboards in one area. Hey, it wasn't her fault! Faulty carpentry had almost killed her once back in Cour des Miracles (never mind that she had been completely negligent and gone running out onto the rotten wood). She wasn't sure whether or not she was totally on the man's nerves yet, but even if she was at least the pups always seemed to be ready with some bit of foolishness to make the two laugh it all away.

Today, Orin was drawn to the sounds of the working father. Their daughters were sleeping in a room that was inescapable without either thumbs or brute force; Orin would check on them in about an hour. As she crossed one of the many bridges she enjoyed the sound as the construct shifted and swayed beneath her. Planks clapped together softly between their rope and vine bindings. To Orin, it was the promise of safety. Who could ever sneak up on them up here? Even for a stealthy wolf the place was just too damn creaky.

She was relieved to find Shawchert in the midst of his particular project. It wasn't something she had specifically asked for, but it proved that the man was happy to collaborate with her to ensure that the girls didn't get hurt. If he hadn't been so willing they would have had to return to one of the abandoned buildings somewhere in Thornbury.

“The little angels are sleeping soundly. Of course, not until after Titania almost took a flying leap off of the south walkway and Juliet tried to go right after.” She laughed helplessly. Motherhood certainly was a full time job.

“Thirsty?” She arched an eyebrow as she crossed the last of a bridge and now revealed the canteen she carried. Though it was shady and not as warm here as in other areas, she still knew Shawchert was working hard and it would be easy for a man of his stature to work up a thirst.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 402 OOC:Shaw is thankful :3

The pounding of the hammer on nails was rhythmic to the man and it made him feel calmer. Yes the last few days had been anything but calm and relaxing. When he was there he was being nagged by the worrying mother, but the man worried himself too, though he kept it to himself, and did what she asked him for the most part. He had to keep reassuring her that the floors were all new and that he was an excelent carpenter. It didn’t seem to keep that fear at bay. He had added numerous nets to the sides of the bridges as the girls ended up finding ways to get on the outsides of the bridge and getting into trouble. Who said being a parent was easy. He felt bad that Orin had to work with their children for five months alone, but now she wasn’t and he was here for her and the girls. He wanted to make them feel safe as he did with the rest of the pack. The whole pack was family to him now. It was all he had left. Even his sisters and brother were gone, murdered. Their children taken. Shaw had taken the life of the ones that killed them. He had the advantage of rage and out right brutality.. It was something Shawchert never wanted to see himself doing again, but could imagine doing it to save his family. He heard Orin coming and he smiled as she gave him news of the girl’s next folly that he would have to pup proof.

“I’ll get to that when I get this done. I guess I can now say they are at their best sleeping.”

He saw the canteen and smiled at her question. Nodding he stopped his hammering now, which had become lighter when he heard they were asleep.

“Yes please. I have had little to drink today. It seems like a good time to rest for now. How about we find a bit of shade, though it might be hard.”

He said jokingly moving his hands around the trees and the buildings above them. Shaw had made a town with his bare hands in a matter of a month. He was glad she offered him a drink, he hadn’t thought about drinking since the day before so now he was absolutely parched.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

“Sounds like a plan,” she agreed and turned, leading him across a platform and picking a spot for them to rest. There was a railing here which she sat under and swung her legs over the side of the platform. She spared a moment to brush her hands through the shaggy white-blond hair that she now sported – a stark contrast to the tight, hot pink dreadlocks that once made her look so different. Now her hair was choppy and much of it worn in her face.

She stared out into the woods, her eyes fixated on the farthest point she could see before the trees became too thick and cut off her view. Sure, they had spent a lot of time together since her return, but the two hadn't taken much time to really catch up.

“Juliet looks so much like you,” she finally said. “And Titania looks like Niro. Good thing he's my brother or you might be questioning my honor right now.”

She laughed softly. “Hey, you know,” she paused, breathing deeply as though she wasn't sure she should ask what was on her mind. “I haven't seen Sky at all since I've been back. Is she just trying to give us some space to settle or something? I really wouldn't mind if she came around.”

[/html]
[html]

WC:352 OOC: Quick and to the point hehehe

He was glad to have an excuse for a break and sat, watching Orin as she made herself comfortable. She seemed like a whole new wolf, she looked like a whole new wolf. She was no longer that naive woman that got caught in a tree. No she was fully aware of the world now, though in a way that was unconventional and possibly not a good thing, but she was mature, much more than she had been a while back. He smiled as she spoke of the girls and then couldn’t halp but laugh when she mentioned Titania looking like Niro and her unfaithfulness. There was no faith in a relationship that lasted a night but that wasn’t about to be brought up. He nodded, slightly glad he was her brother, or there would have been problems either him beign offended or Niro. In any case she seemed to get to the point she wanted to mention as he pulled the canteen to his lips. At the mention of Sky he started choking on the water that suddenly decided it wanted to go down the wrong way. He coughed trying to clear it away, and couldn’t help but spit some out He held up his hand trying to excuse his behavior before he got control of his body again.

“I’m sorry, you caught me by surprise.Um.... Sky moved on. She uh... she thought I left her. She just barely forgave me for leaving as I did... I did the best thing I could for her and wrote her a note where I was, I suppose I should have left it to skye, but that is all hindsight. Anyway She’s been rather angry with me since I came back....”

In no way would he mention she was also getting over him quite quickly. Enough to where she had been aparently courting with Tal. it broke his heart all over again to think about her smile at Tal and though she had smiled at Shaw at the end of the song she sang.... it wasn’t the same.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]

Okay, maybe that was a little too direct… Orin was still trying to find that fine line between honesty and just plain rude. All of her playful chatter she was once known for had been missing for the last few months, but she could still be a little tactless when it came to asking personal questions. Then again, she hadn’t expected the two to have broken up!

She winced as he took a gulp of water that seemed too big for even an elephant and began slapping him on the back as he choked. “Oh my god, I’m sorry. Are you okay?” She waited for him to catch his breath, her eyebrows pursed and her eyes wide. Thankfully the man recovered and she didn’t have to administer mouth-to-mouth.

Her expression transformed after he told her the news. At first a gray eyebrow arched. Sky moved on? What did that mean? Had she not come back to Cercatori after finding Orin hiding out in the Court? Or maybe she was missing… Orin’s silent questions died down as Shawchert told her what actually happened. Wait, what is he talking about? She was hung up again in a moment of confusion between Sky and Skye, but shook it off knowing she would get it straightened out.

“Wait, you and Sky broke up? I don’t understand,” there was a momentary pause as she mulled it over. “She thought you left her when you left to try to save your mother.” She was paraphrasing to ensure she understood, but wasn’t asking a question.

“That… Well that’s just stupid!” She emphasized the last word in frustration. Even Orin who had just been through a recent crash course on the horrors of the world didn’t think that was any reason to leave somebody. “I understand if she thought you abandoned her, but you came back. It wasn’t desertion, it was desperation. She should forgive you. Or well, she does? And it’s her fault for not reading the letter.” She went on, not so much angry at Sky but aggravated on behalf of her friend. She folded her arms and harumphed in exasperation.

“I think she’s lying,” she said after a moment, much more collected now. Her eyes shifted to her swinging feet. “I mean, if she’s trying to say she doesn’t love you. Why did she come find me then?”

[/html]

WC: 393+
[html]

WC: 343 OOC: XD Shaw is seriously trying to make himself feel better haha

“Well i couldn’t say we broke up... I never intended for it to happen, but I was gone for some time, I suppose she could have thought anything, though she pretty much told me that I had left her....

He smiled at the woman when she tried to word out what she wanted to say about Sky’s reaction to Shawchert leaving. He had thought those exact words himself. yes it was stupid, really stupid and he couldn’t see how she couldn’t have read the note. It was there with her name in bold bright letters. Her expression was priceless and Shawchert looked at his friend and one time lover. He smiled at her, and could see that not all of her changed entirely, her views of the world had changed but her attitude towards stupid things had not. He smiled at her reassuringly. She said something about Sky lying about loving him he shook his head..

“She went to find you before I left. A mind can change in a course of a few months. I had to go so far to get to my mother, it took her a lot to think about things. In any case she has replaced me....”

He said solemnly, looking away so she couldn’t see him actually showing emotion, he composed himself, though it did not help him when he kepts seeing the two dancing together and her smile at Tal, not Shaw, it was heartbreaking but she could make any decision in the world.

“Besides, I do not think i would be stable enough to try to be in a relationship anyway...”

He said to her but mostly it was for him trying to convince himself that he was doing the right thing, letting her and Tal to their own. She was young and so was the white male. Shawchert was growing older and older, he was a few years older than Sky was, so why not have a younger and possibly more fit male?

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
This is OOC text. Have fun with it.

It was the dumbest thing she ever heard... and it was just like Sky. Orin shook her head, chewing on her lip and feeling frustrated on Shawchert's behalf. But Sky was Sky, and these were the quirks that made her so special. She was emotional, impulsive, stubborn as a mule and had an inner fire that burned brighter than hell. And these, and more, were all the reasons why she was a great pack sister and why she had captured Shawchert's heart. It was just too bad that 'captured' was such an apt word for it... captured and nailed to the ground, he was. Orin afforded a sidelong glance at her friend, while trying not to give away the vein of her thoughts.

When she looked at him she grew more troubled. His voice had taken on a gentle rasp of emotion, and now he turned his head away so Orin wouldn't see the pain that was probably written on his face. She frowned and reached out to him, resting her hand on his shoulder blades in that place that so many carried so much tension and stress, and began to gently massage the rigid muscles.

“That's just like Sky,” she complained. “So headstrong.”

“But, have you tried to do anything about it? I mean, come on, it's Sky we're talking about here. Did you just let her tell you 'I'm mad at you and you left me' and let her get away with it? Of course she'd do that, and she'll never give herself back to you if you don't put your back into it. What have you done about this other man? Anything? Tell me you've done every crazy display of love and devotion you could think of until your eyes bled. Something bigger and better than something as lame as sending her gifts.” She didn't know, it was a shot in the dark, but Orin assumed Shawchert, as accommodating as he was (especially for women), probably just let whatever happened happen. Sky was a force to be reckoned with, a fire you could only fight with an inferno. Conventional methods of wooing and apologizing just didn't fit in this equation.

#300+

<style>
#ogift-flamingo {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-flamingo.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-flamingo.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-flamingo .name-box {width:230px;height:90px;float:right;}
#ogift-flamingo.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:175px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #ffffff;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DGubs.png);color:#444444;}
#ogift-flamingo.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-flamingo.table b {color:#ed3f3c;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Yeah he didn't do much did he? XD

Shawchert was frustrated at this point and Orin’s comment about him really trying and not just sending her gifts got him a little heated, but he closed his eyes and counted before he thought he could return his answer.

“I did what I could, I have been showing her I am not a deserter, letting her see that I am here to protect everyone, and not just in words... My- our home is that of a watch tower you can see most of Cercatori from here, especially Thornbury. I tried getting her to come out, for me to be able to do something for her she was just too stubborn to come out, and I know why now, it’s that Tal wolf, the white one? She is with him.... I don’t know I’m tired of trying and trying...”

He said, as calmly and collectively as any wolf could in his position. He wasn’t doing half bad of a job either, he thought. He was just full of excuses, but he was right, it had been a month, nothing he did went through to Sky. She didn’t love him anymore. He was ready to throw in the towel. He needed focus for his own job and it tended to be hard if he had someone on his mind, especially a frustrating Sky some one.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Cue inspirational tough-love speechrant!

Oh lord, was Shawchert really sitting here ‘poor meing’ next to her
over Sky when he really hadn’t done much of anything to win her back?
Sky was a piece of work, and it would take a piece of work to earn her
affection. Orin huffed in frustration, and entirely
uncharacteristic for the moment, she shoved Shawchert, apparently
forgetting that they were several stories off the ground with their
legs dangling over the edge of their only sturdy surface.

“You stupid wimp!” she blurted as she tried to shove him into
reality. “That doesn’t sound like much of anything at all. Haven’t
you ever read a love story? The guy always has to do something
outrageous and stupid to win the girl over. You’ve got the stupid part down, now its time to get creative. So there’s another
guy? Well stop crying into your Wheaties and do something about
it.”

She gave him a hot look, shoving a finger at him, “And don’t
ask me what that means, I read it in a book.”

“Either get over her so my daughters don’t have to have a mopey dad, or get up and take action. Where’s the alpha I met? You know what you have to do,” she tried to pause for a moment to give Shawchert time to respond, but a half a second was too long for her so she interjected. “Go kick that guy’s ass!”

“Uh-uh… I don’t care if you’re in the same pack,” she waggled a finger, guessing at his thoughts. “There’s a thing called pack hierarchy and you’ve just let some other wolf take your mate without a struggle. That’s probably put you down a couple rungs. I know you have the memories, Shawchert. That’s how things always used to be…” she was talking about the ancestral memories that ran so strong in wolf blood. The memories and instincts that kept them alive before the virus turned them into Luperci. “That’s how we did things, before. And that’s how a lot of us do things now. Including Sky. When she thought someone was going to take you from her, she came flying out the gates all tooth and claw. You’re not going to do the same thing for her?”

#300+

<style>
#ogift-flamingo {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-flamingo.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-flamingo.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-flamingo.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:175px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #ffffff;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DGubs.png);color:#444444;}
#ogift-flamingo.table b {color:#ed3f3c;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 285 OOC: We can end this here ya? He's not up for getting angry at Orin anyway hahaha, as he did say he values his friendships, though I'm sure things will change in the end :3

Orin’s shove did surprise Shaw a little but he was quite able to handle the force she put against him and was able to clearly stay where he was seated without moving so much as an inch. He could see she wasn’t going to put up with his sulking and she was right, why should he sulk? Though.... his wheaties.... he was about to ask but thought better of it,

“I’m not going to kick the man’s butt, that’s like... slapping both you and Sky in the face, I had to punish the two of you, remember? I’m not goint to start up a fight and deliberately break one of my own rules.... I’m sure there’s a way to get back to Sky, I just haven’t found the right thing yet... Things may have been THAT simple back then but now we are smarter, and fighting isn’t always the way to get to the girl.”

Shawchert stood up. He was not mad at her, in fact he was very thankful for her, this had got him thinking and he knew what he had to do, and that was stop sulking like a puppy. He would do what he could to win her back, but he wasn’t about to fight someone, much less his own friend, she didn’t know that and he didn’t know that Tal had wanted to toss him off this same bridge.

“I have to do some patroling. Thank you, I will keep your words in mind, but I don’t think I would fight Tal. I value friendships as much as i value my love.”

He turned and headed off to do his rounds.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
Ok! End thread!

“It wouldn't matter. Maybe you'd be a little bit of a hypocrite but all it'd do in the end is amuse me and Sky when you have to go through some ridiculous, humiliating punishment.” Orin crossed her arms and huffed. She was getting worked up now and it was showing, her stubborn temper coming to the fore. She didn't have anything to really be mad at him about, but it was all the principle of the matter. “And it's not about right or wrong, it's about doing something purely raw and emotional to show her you care.”

She didn't expect him to walk away. The subdued child in Orin was starting to come out, but for all the wrong reasons. She was putting up her dukes, ready to argue with Shawchert over what he should do and wanting to win the verbal foray. But before she could egg him on any more, he stood up.

She looked at him, her jaw dropping a bit. Eyebrows pinched together as she tried to think of something else to say, but he was already walking off. “Fine. Be that way.” Was her best parry. So as not to feel like a fool, she stood up and stalked off the other direction, thinking about what a fool he was being.

That guy doesn't know a thing about women...

#200+

<style>
</style>[/html]