It's a brand new day.
[html]

Word Count: 450

Melee was glad for the rain. Not only was it good for the pack – for their crops, for their land, and for the world – but it was good for her soul. After the recent mateship of her father, she had longed for the cooling renewal of rain. It soaked into her fur and skin, feeling as if it were becoming a part of her as the water pressed into her. The rain seemed to reach deep down, where it soothed her soul and left the girl feeling calmer than she had in days. The seemingly unending sunlight had caused her no end of frustration, because she needed the cleansing of the rain to feel like herself again. She had acted well, been respectful, causing no strife to those around her. This was the way of a member of her pack, of an almost-yearling; and yet her spirit had been in turmoil. Now, it was at peace.

As she sat, the girl’s eyes closed and she went further inward, deep down into herself. Though she was an outgoing, brash, and bold young thing, the recent events had drained her of her desire for large amounts of company. By selecting a spot to sit that was far away from her home – though still within the pack’s lands – she didn’t invite others to join her in her solitude. That didn’t mean that no one would come along. After all, the pack was free for every member to wander and she knew others might enjoy the rain as well as she did. Most wouldn’t sit out in the rain to enjoy it as long as she did, though. At least she wouldn’t think that they would, she could be wrong. Undoubtedly she would be cold by the time she returned home. When she got home, though, she could dry herself off and warm up again. Certainly it was worth it, for what she gained in return.

It was a shame that not all wolves could experience this, she thought, as she shifted positions slightly and turned her thoughts inward again. Tomorrow was going to be a day fresh and renewed, both for the earth and for her. Today was going to be fantastic just because she had been able to do this – to sit in the rain and let it soothe her, to bring her back into herself and into the wolf that she was growing up to be. I will be at peace. she murmured to herself, opening her eyes again to gaze upward at the rain that was falling around her. A half-smile curved her lips. It was a tranquil, easy smile that suited her features beautifully. It was a smile that had the purest happiness, untarnished and at peace, even if just in that moment.

<style type="text/css">
.meleeflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#000033; letter-spacing:1px; }
.meleeflower .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.meleeflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.meleeflower {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#5455DB; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/20qalt.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#120A8F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<33

The rain was a welcome element to Ichika, although it made it impossible to tell what time of day it was. The young Stormbringer was sourly glad he'd finished the roof just over a week ago- Apartment Eight would have been completely flooded had the tiles not been properly in place. So much had happened in a week it was unreal, as had the first month of Saul's life as an Ichikan. Like a wirlwind the male had accomplished a lot in the short while they had been here and it only looked to be increasing. He still had a lot to do, like fixing the stairs for one and finding the various holes in the windows of each apartment and fixing those too. Eclipse had done a wonderful job of hacking up the garden so that it was more dirt than weeds at the moment. Saul knew his cousin had planted some wonderful flowers in the fertile soil and it was just going to take some sun and rain to get it there. Luckily, today was a rainy day and Eclipse's flowers would get the boost they needed to send their plush green shoots up into the world.

Much the same as his niece, Saul enjoyed the rain. Despite knowing that inadequate drying and prolongued dampness would give you a cold, he enjoyed being out in the elements. It was coming down so hard today that it was very hard to distinguish where he was, but the rain whipping through his body was refreshing. Saul was always a water baby and the rain didnt phase him. After checking on Wretch to see if she was okay- she had the run of Apartment Four for the moment so that she could get out and about without Saul having to carry her everywhere. She was bored as per usual, but there was really nothing he could do. She had two weeks and one day left before he could even think about taking the cast off and so she would have to suffer for the moment inside. He had plunged himself into the rain, allowing it to whip painfully about him as he took off at a running sprint.

Sights, scents and sounds were blurred as the ran onwards, mud and water saturating his pelt as he made his way, well anywhere away from Cerne Rise. It was for this reason that the male almost tripped over his growing niece from where she sat on the ground. He gave a grunt, pulling himself away at the last moment to skid and land in a heap on the floor. Chuckling softly, he thought about how he hadnt had that much clumsiness in a long time. "Why hello, niece of mine. You appear to be sat in the rain" Saul commented cheekily as he moved closer, not even bothering to shake the water and the mud from him. He was going to stay like this, although soon they would have to go back to the house to get dry again.

word count → 000 ;; image © Fir0002/Flagstaffotos ;; table by lin
<style>
.saul-owlooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 406

<3 I already love my Uncle Saul. Big Grin

The world seemed quieter around her, because she was so far inside of herself that she perceived very little of what was happening around her. She moved slightly on occasion, to adjust for the discomfort of muscles in one position too long or because of something poking into her. Other than that, though, the Soul female was blending in rather completely with her surroundings. Truly becoming as much "a one with nature" as she could before she died. When that happened, her body would be returned to the earth, and she would truly be a part of nature. Worms would feed on her, she would decompose and become nothing but bones in the ground. Eventually, too, the bones would disintegrate until there was nothing left of what had been Melee Soul. Which wasn't morbid to her - it was life, and it was beautiful.

So it was that she almost missed the sound of her uncle's approach. Even in her tranquil state, though, the girl couldn't miss the sound of paws beating against the ground for too long. Her ears twitched and she half-turned to see who was approaching right as he almost collided with her. Melee ducked a bit, trying to shield herself from the majority of the impending blow. It didn't come, though, for which she was relieved. Saul managed to bring himself up short. He did fall, but at least he didn't fall on top of her. The younger wolf blinked to clear her thoughts, then grinned toothily at her uncle. Amused at the mud that covered him now and the cheery expression that he had. In this way - though they weren't blood related - she and Saul were all too similar. It went to show that nurture won out over nature.

At his comment, she laughed and leaned over to nip affectionately at his cheek. A familiar, sweet gesture of greeting for a favorite family member. One that she hadn't been able to give on her father's marriage day because of the formality of the occasion. "I was just enjoying the rainfall until I nearly got trampled. What's got you in such a hurry?" she inquired, her bi-toned eyes curious. Though she figured he might just be enjoying the rain like her; perhaps he really had nowhere to go and nothing to see. Melee secretly hoped so, because snagging some alone time with Uncle Saul would make her day even better.

[/html]
[html]

i have no idea where they are, so they shall be in some undescribed countryside! lovely writing hun <33

He hated being dirty. It was an intergral part of who he was, the obsessive way in which he cleaned his coat. It was in this way that he was similar to Shiloh, who also hated to see her coat filthy. However, there were times in which the males wasnt particularly bothered about the condition of his coat. Despite being saturated with mud and rain, he remained at ease with the mess. Soon enough, the rain would wash away all traces of the mud on which his mind would usually have dwelled painfully on. Seeing his niece sitting so peacefully in the rain, her mind seemingly at ease, was a beautiful sight for the male. He remembered her wayward habits, metting Scorpius who lived all the way over the other side of Nova Scotia. How the little puppy had managed to get all the way out there he could never fathom, but Gideon never knew his daughter had been all over the country looking for her friend.

His niece's curious gaze made him smile softly. She and Range looked very similar, although one could always tell them apart by their eyes- they were opposite to one another. Add in the fact that Melee's right paw was completely messed up and they were easy to tell apart. It didnt stop her leaning forward to nip happily at his cheek in greeting, to which he swiped a kiss across her own cheek in return. Out of the two of them, he would say that Melee was his favourite, although he never would have said that aloud. Her comment made him chuckle softly, the pointed reminder of the past tense. Well, it wasnt his fault that she was sat there, in the way. There was a perfectly good garden at Cerne Rise in which she would have been out of the way. But that was never Melee, and it never would be. "Well, I was taking a run through the rain, as I like to do sometimes. But there appears to be a rather large obsticale in my path that deigned to trip me up. Now why would someone do that?"

He questioned with a grin. His niece was always one to joke around and Saul was pleased to see that she had recovered somewhat from her misgivings about the wedding. He had yet to speak to her about it, but felt the need to give her space. She would tell him what was wrong if there was something seriously wrong about it. Coming to sit next to her so that they were side by side, Saul crossed his legs softly, green eyes squinting through the rain to see her own mismatched eyes, a sparkle in them that had always belonged to her.

<style>
.saul-owlcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saul-owl b {color:#D1C2B9; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #5C4633; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saul-owl {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#5C4633; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saul-owlinner{background-color:#9D7C5E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... aulbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 508

Unspecified random area sounds good to me! I am still getting used to the whole subterritories within main pack territories thing. And aw, thanks! I like your writing more, though. Just with the way you write, I can picture Saul and see him as that awesome uncle that everyone wishes they had. Melee's a lucky lil niecey!

Melee was the opposite of her uncle in his cleanliness. Well... maybe not the opposite, for it wasn't as if she relished in rolling around in dead things. Certainly she was not fastidious about her appearance, though, and cared little if her coat was mussed. In fact, she rather liked when her mane stuck out at odd angles. That was beautiful, to her. Though others seemed to see order and symmetry as the preferred beauty, she enjoyed things that stood out as different. Maybe it was because she had been born and raised different from the start. Most wolves didn't get abandoned at birth, nor were most wolves born with her deformity. In fact, she had never seen another with such a twisted appendage except herself. Wretch had limbs broken, but her adoptive cousin would heal to appear normal again. Melee could never heal her forepaw into appearing normal. Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing, though. There was beauty even in her deformity. Not everyone had the eyes to see it, but she did.

As she pondered beauty and her own mismatch with the world's standards, she still felt at peace. Silently appreciating what she had. Saul helped her with that, too, because he reminded her of how lucky she was. Even though her parents had left her at birth, she had a great adoptive family. A family that she doubt could have been matched by one with a heart so cold that they could abandon their own young. Undoubtedly, she had been blessed to have such an uncle and to feel a part of the Stormbringers. Though her last name might be Soul, she had little connection with her blood relatives. Though she was curious about her origins, it wasn't because she wanted to rejoin the Soul family that had abandoned her. She just wanted to know where she came from. Sometimes she wondered why she was Melee Soul and not Melee Stormbringer in the first place. It mattered little, though. In the end it was just a name. Nothing could change the amaranthine bonds she had with them.

At Saul's words, her introspective thinking turned back to the present and she snorted. Large? Her? Well that was just silly. Then again, so was this whole conversation so far. "I am pretty sure I was here first. Yes, I must have been, since you weren't here until you nearly fell on me!" she jested, cheekily sticking out her tongue at her elder. "And who you calling large? Just because you couldn't beat me in a wrestling match anymore doesn't mean I'm large. It's only because I am stronger than the elderly." it was a joke, but also a playful challenge. When was the last time that they had been able to just cut loose and romp? Probably a while, given the move, the marriage, and all of that business. Such thoughts were far from Melee's mind right now, though; she was soaking in Saul's presence like she had the rain, and it was making her happy.

[/html]
[html]

naww thank you hun! melee <33

There seemed to be a moment of concentration that made his niece silent and the agouti male was loathe to interupt her. He instead turned out to the rain, still unsure of where they were. It might have been the valley, but he couldnt see the ranch. He briefly wondered whether Arete was fooling around in the rain before he realised Adonia would have locked the horses away from a rainstorm like this. It wasnt usual for people to be out here and the young male wondered if everyone had a dry roof over their heads. It would have been disasterous for their own building had they not fixed the apartment roof as they had done, now that the late summer rains were beginning to pound down. Contemplatively, he thought back to what he had been doing a year ago and with a shock, he realised he would have just been separated from his father and siblings. He would have been lost, alone, terribly frightened. With a smile, he looked back at the year he'd had since then. So much had happened it was hard to believe.

His niece's words bought him back from thinking on what had already gone and he was pleased to see she had broken the silence. Her jesting words were enough to get her only slightly older uncle to growl playfully towards her. "Alright, alright. You were here first, but that still doesnt take away the fact that you were a brilliant obstacle!" He conceeded, throwing his hands in the air to instigate a surrender. They lowered softly as Melee continued, a playful grin playing across her lips. It was always a dangerous ground to play, despite her uncle being one of the most gentle and kindly males out there. Goading him as she was, Saul was blind to her manipulations. Mock anger and threat made their way onto his face, although the tug at the corner of his lips told Melee that it was a playful emotion that coursed through the elder male. "Is that so? do you really think you could beat me?"

He asked, disbelief turning into motion. It wasnt fair of him to instigate play in his optime form- he towered over Melee when he stood on two legs. Of course, he wasnt much fairer on four, but it was a more even playing ground. He shifted down into his lupus form, giving her the option to take the same form as him, or stay in the slightly bigger form of her secui cloak. Either way, he waited only a moment before the friendly growl echoed in his jaws and he launched himself forward towards his niece. His arc through the air was lit as the first of what he thought to be many lightening charges crashed across the sky. Momentarily blind however, he had no idea whether his downward fall was going to be broken by the softer form of his niece, his eyes closed in momentary reflex against the lightening that was beginning to build on the horizon.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 511

<3!

Sometimes she forgot that Saul wasn't that much older than her. It seemed natural to her that he was her uncle, because she had been raised with that. Gideon had been a very young father, but it hadn't damaged her. At least... not as far as she could tell. The girl didn't feel slighted that he hadn't as much life experience as the average parent. Then again, she wouldn't have wanted the average parent. It wouldn't have been the same as what she had learned from her own family. "I could beat you with my good paw tied behind my back and a blindfold on." she jested, her tongue lolling out in challenge. She twitched her ears and tail in a good natured salute, wondering what sort of reaction her uncle might have to this continued ribbing. It was all in good fun of course, but that didn't mean she wouldn't get her butt whooped for her jests!

Melee tilted her head to the side, her blue eye gazing upward at her uncle's chin in silent challenge. As she watched, though, he was beginning to shrink in on himself and become shorter than her. With both in the same form, there was no doubt who was the larger wolf. As he shifted back into a smaller form, though, she was briefly the larger animal. With a swish of her chocolate-colored tail, the Soul girl crouched down on her hands, feeling the mud squish against her palms. Closing her eyes, she thought about what she wanted to do and began to shift. Methodically, he body went through the motions to change into a less evolved form. Though she figured the secui form would help her out in this wrestling match, the Soul girl thought it only fair to be in the same form as her uncle. Therefore, when she had finished reshaping her body into a different form, it was lean lupus muzzle that slanted upward at Saul. In her mismatched eyes there flashed her challenge again, her throat crooning a wordless growl that was intended to officially instigate this wrestling match.

Before she even had time to finish her own challenging growl, though, her growl was overwhelmed by the sound of his own challenge. Then he was leaping toward her, lightning flashing overhead. With a briefly crooned howl of delight and excitement, she raised herself up on her hindlegs. Rising to meet the onslaught of her uncle's attack, hoping that she would surprise him by rearing up. If she did manage to surprise him, then he would collide with her at a good angle for her to fall onto her back. From there, she would quickly use her hindlegs to push into his stomach and try to flip him off of her. Though perhaps she had misjudged him. It was very possible that Saul would land on her, press her to the ground with his superior weight and there would be no removing him from his perch. Melee was young yet, though, and learning to fight was still on the agenda.

[/html]
[html]

<33

He should have known that Melee would not allow him to taunt her without answering back. It was an old rivalry between the two, in the days when it had been just Gideon, Saul, Melee and Range. Of course, there were a few more factors to include, like Bris who had nursed the two of them. He was aware that Gideon had spent a lot of time around Nayru when they were very young, playing with them and generally entertaining them. But as they grew older, both of them grew into independent spirits that made it difficult to track them down, let alone keep them in one place. Melee had been the bolder of the two and even now, her taunts were something he was used to. He laughed softly at her jibe, knowing they would never hear the end of it from each other if he answered back to her. It was easier to let her get away with it, even if it was just this once. And besides, he was already in the air by the time she'd opened her mouth, silver smoothe tongue lashing out at him.

She began shifting a split second after her words and Saul only had time to register her croon of delight and excitement before he crashed in to her. He hadnt seen her change of tactic at the very last second, rising on her hindlegs to meet him head on instead of being forced beneath him, which was what would have happened if she'd remained on all fours. His chest hit hers and the force of his blow sent her backwards. He was never concerned about their play matches- Saul was always gentle enough not to hurt her and Melee always threw herself into every strike and claw that she had. It was a good balance he thought. He watched as she pitched backwards, hitting the drenched ground with a dull thud. It was perhaps better than being thrown into the dusty, hard ground. Mud splashed up and to the side, one splashing Saul hard across the face so that he had a slash of mud across his muzzle and eye. Blinking rapidly to make sure his eye was completely mud free it caused him to lapse in concentration.

He felt her hind claws against his belly for a split second before powerful back legs shifted his back end. While she may have had a deformed front right paw and an overcompensating left front paw, her back legs were perfectly normal and incredibly strong. His paws had landed either side of her shoulders, his face looming above hers. She'd managed to shift his back end, which inevitably was his downfall. His back right leg hit a patch of slippery mud and with a yelp he slipped backwards, front legs coming out from beneath him. If Melee was quick enough, she would be able to roll out from underneath him before he hit her, or the floor if she were no longer there to break his fall. He had no way of knowing whether she would move or not- instinct had his head turned back towards his back legs, trying to see where the foe had come from.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 395

Big Grin <3333333333333333

Melee was utterly comfortable with Saul. In a very literal sense, the earth-toned female would trust him with her life. If her throat was in his jaws, she would completely believe that he could never bite down to end her life. Blood related or not, Saul was a part of the most loving family she could have ever asked for. Gideon, Range, Saul and Melee. Nayru was the one who messed up the circle of trust. The young Soul female wasn't sure what to make of her. It had messed up her entire worldview, warping it to the point where she had needed the rainfall today to regain her normal perspective. Right now, though, she wasn't thinking about any of that. All she was thinking about was the play wrestling to be had and the "victory" she hoped to win.

The plan that she had implemented went mostly according to plan. She collided with her uncle as expected and was flung down a bit harder than she had anticipated. Her breath whooshed out of her in a quick oomph of air but this did not dissuade he from kicking out with her hindlegs. Luckily, this meant that her paws dug in as she had intended and she pushed his hindquarters back. With his head looming over her, she might have normally been in trouble. In a real fight, he would have been snapping and tearing at her face. As it was, this was a play fight and he wasn't going to really harm her. So for the current game and not a real fight, her plan had been well executed.

What she hadn't expected at all was for her uncle to slip in the mud, falling backward with a yelp. Melee quickly squirmed backward, trying to avoid the brunt of his fall. Unfortunately she was not able to get completely away because she had been caught off guard by him falling. Instead of him landing on her chest and neck, therefore, he landed across her stomach. The girl laughed, her tail wagging against the mud. Making a squelching noise as it moved through it. "Smooth move, uncle!" she joked. She quickly tried to flip over and escape from his prone form. If she moved fast enough, he might not be able to stop her. Especially if he hadn't recovered yet from falling on his face.

[/html]
[html]

<33

Gravity tipped him forward and he sourly wished his paws were off the ground so he could windmill them wildly in an attempt to regain his balance. The deceptive patch of sodden grass had turned into something much more slippery than he'd mistaken for a solid footing and he was falling forward. His head seemed to turn in slow motion, watching as Wretch wriggled her body backwards, trying her best to get out of the way before he hit her. It was a doomed attempt- he was already halfway down as she started moving. But perhaps her tactic had been to get him to land on a place were she wanted instead of throwing his full weight on her head or chest. There was nothing he could do as her pale belly came into veiw before his face felt her sodden fur against his own soaking face. It happened in a split second and he barely had any time to analyse what had happened before he face planted his nieces stomach, most likely pushing all the air out of her. Or perhaps not quite, because she spoke, teasing him once again.

"Shurrup you!"

He tried to speak but his face still pressed against her stomach and his tones were muffled by her fur and the rainstorm crashing around them. Her body shifted beneath him and she twisted out from underneath him. Luckily he'd regained control of his paws and managed to support himself while she wriggled from beneath him. As soon as she was on her paws, Saul pounced again. Assuming she was facing away from him, as he expected her to be after having wriggled away, he intended his paws to aim for her back legs. His right paw came round, trying to hook her paws out from under her. He couldnt see where she was properly, the rain was coming harder now. But green eyes could just see the end of a sodden tail and he moved his face forward, opening his jaws to see if he could catch her tail as well as tripping her up. It was all about luck, especially since the male was having a hard time seeing in front of him, the rain was coming so thick and fast. With a laugh he launched forward, hoping beyound anything that he'd aimed for the right places.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 300

It was a really good thing that Melee didn't mind the mud, given that she was probably more mud than fur by that point. The girl felt heavier than she usually did, weighed down by the mud. At least she had managed to wriggle out from underneath her uncle, though, because Saul had added even more weight on the chest of the earth toned girl. Her victory was short lived, though. As soon as she had wiggled out from underneath him, her uncle was on the offense. While he was launching himself forward, she was still situating herself in the slippery grass. His teeth clamped onto her teeth simultaneously with his paw reaching out to swipe at her legs. The paw did manage to hook one of her legs, causing the muddy girl to fumble and bend awkwardly forward as her tail was jerked. It was a very strange situation, to say the least.

She yelped in surprise, trying to tuck her tail in closer to her body and failing because of his grip. Melee hadn't completely fallen over, since it was only her hindlegs that he had hooked. The ground hadn't been quite slippery enough to cause her to fall on her face like Saul had. Partially because she was more aware that it was slippery so she had steadier footing. The girl turned as best she could and tried to nip at his sides and shoulder. She then backed up, hoping that she could put herself closer to her uncle and make her tail less of an issue. Being caught by her tail certainly made it difficult to grab at her uncle when she was so far away. She'd be damned if she was going to surrender to him, though. Melee Soul wasn’t going down without a fight!

[/html]
[html]

<33

He pale jaws closed around the end of her tail and Saul was surprised he didnt hear a yelp from his niece. She'd been so upset recently that he was glad she was regaining some of the fun and playful side that had been with her all her life. His pale paw came round to try and hook both of her back legs from underneath her, but his victory with her tail was not to be repeated with her legs. While his right paw clipped her right hind leg, she had a firm enough hold on the ground that it did little to trip her over as he'd intended. No matter, he still had her tail. He tugged backwards, careful not to pull any fur out or damage it in any way. If he did, it would be he who cleaned it up and bandage her tail so that it healed nicely. It would be aweful if he knew he'd inflicted pain on his niece. He kept his grip firm but was conscious of the fact that tails were delicate and should not be pulled on too hard.

He didnt have to worry too much about it though as Melee came crashing backwards. Her tail still in his mouth but limp and loose now she was close to him, she turn and attempted to catch his shoulder with nips and bites. Her left shoulder was parrallel to his left shoulder and as she reached over to sink her teeth into his own joint, he allowed his teeth to unclamp from her tail and quickly tried to latch onto her shoulder. Neither of them would bite hard enough to draw blood, but the connection would have been made and both of them would have been locked together like that. Of course, there was every chance his lightening strike would miss and he would catch her neck or her leg, but he didnt think so.

"Give up yet Mele's?"

He asked, using a shortened version of her name that was easier to communicate at the moment. His own tail lashed back and forward while rain drenched the both of them. Melee was always more of a physical wolf anyway and preferred to do something about a problem than talk about it. In a way, this play wrestling was Melee talking about her problems, which Saul had picked up on recently. He hoped perhaps she would open up about them, but he was never going to push her into talking. She'd already admitted what was wrong at the harvest festival which was a deep improvement on months gone by. But still, he hadn't had the chance to properly speak to her about exactly what was bothering her and maybe she would open up after they ceased their playing. He had no way of knowing.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ehnosun b {font-weight:bold; color:#ed8301; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.ehnosun p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.ehnosun {width:400px;border:1px solid #006979;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /melee.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:295px;background-color:#010e0e;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#016166;}
</style>

Word Count: 509

Table by Ehno

Melee was very glad in that moment that she wasn't in a real fight. When she had frozen up momentarily after her tail was caught, the young Ichikan would have been in a sore spot indeed. An enemy would have used that indecision to attack more ruthlessly and possibly even would have torn her tail completely off. Although it was slobber covered from her uncle's mouth, it wasn't harmed at all. She appreciated his gentle nature in that moment, as it led to the delicate handling of her tail. Though he still held her firmly and shook her tail, the earthen-toned female would still have been in a world of hurt if it was someone else. The young female was just starting to really realize how untrained she was in physical fighting. Joke wrestling, goofing off, sure... but an actual fight? That was an unfamiliar thing. That was something that she would need to work on further, so that she could protect the pack and herself in the future. It wasn't her forte - it never would be - but at least she could be better than this at defending herself in a fight.

She was proud of herself when her backing up move helped, though. His grip slackened on her tail and she felt it come loose as she turned. Though his grip then shifted to her shoulder. Instinctively, her head tucked so that her jawline covered her throat. There was a bit of a stalemate situation, since her uncle was grabbing her shoulder as she gripped his. Melee turned so that her body was situated more comfortably around her, instead of being twisted around. Her tail swished gleefully, happy to be free of Saul's clutches. Though now they were caught in this new situation, which wasn't exactly a huge improvement. Really it was just another part of a tousle that could go on for hours if the let it. The rumbling of thunder overhead and the continuing torrent of rain led her to believe their wrestling match wouldn't go on quite that long, though. Otherwise they would certainly catch a cold.

At his question - garbled around his grip on her shoulder - she twitched her ears mirthfully. As if she would ever give up! The girl swished her tail back and forth, back and forth... soggily flopping from one side to the other. Surely he didn't expect her to let him win. "Surrender? Never!" she responded, her grip loosening slightly on his shoulder because she was talking around him. Then she abruptly let go completely, hoping to surprise him by rushing forward to bump her shoulder against his chest. Maybe it would knock him back and Saul would be the one to give up! Though she was actually rather ready to go home, dry off and warm up. Though she loved the rain, she was getting soaked through and covered in mud. It had been a very pleasant distraction from her troubles, though, that much was certainly true. Nayru was the farthest thing from her mind.

[/html]
[html]

<33

His teeth sunk into her shoulder as he'd expected, her own fangs grasping hold of his own shoulder in return. Neither of them bit the other hard enough to draw blood or puncture the skin- it was the simple gripping of the muscles that was enough to say that they had each other in a stalemate. They were equal it seemed, neither willing to take this further into a proper fight that would have a clear victor. It was clear Saul was bigger and stronger than his niece and would have been able to use sheer power to pin her to the ground. But this was not a real fight and neither of them were putting any pressure behind the bites. Plus the fact that both of them were drenched to the bone, it made it pretty impossible to see each other let alone get a good enough grip. Melee shifted her weight, moving her body around so that it wasnt so convulted in a strange shape.

He didnt know what he expected when he'd asked the question to his niece but as she answered he realised he should have known. Neither of them were the type to give up, the scales were balanced. Of course she wasn't ready to give up- despite the fact that a slight tremor was racing through Saul's body from the coldness that had gotten past his guard hairs and had drenched the downy fur that usually kept him warm. He would soon be full on shivering and Melee was bound to be getting cold. But there was a flash in her mis matched eyes and she abruptly let go of his own shoulder, causing his grip to loosen on hers. She charged forward, her other shoulder connected with his breast bone and causing him to yelp. Their drenched bodies, with so little to cushion thier blows, had connected with her shoulder bone digging into his breast bone. It sent him skidding backwards as well, where he hung his head for a moment.

"Enough, enough! You win Melee." He conceeded, and he would have held up his hands in surrendor. Instead he dropped his head, twisting it sideways to reveal his throat in the universal sign of submission. This had been a play fight and the gesture was not needed, a grin still slipped over his muzzle. He shuffled forward, the tremor broken into full shivering. "I think it might be time to go and get dried off, don't you?" He asked, green eyes looking back the way he'd come. They would drench the lobby of Cerne Rise when they returned home, but he was suitably pleased to have renewed the bond with his niece that he felt he'd been missing out on since they'd arrived in Ichika.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 336

As she collided with him, she heard his yelp. Her ears flattened back in a silent apology and she crooned a whine, her head tilting upward to look with concern at her uncle's face. The older male had his head tilted down, which made it harder for her to see if his expression was one of pain or just surprise. Her tail wagged slightly to indicate further apology, almost brushing the ground because of how low she held her body. It was fun until someone got hurt; his yelp had seemed both hurt and surprised, which made her feel bad. After all, it hadn't been her intent to harm him. Just to get the upper paw for a few moments so that maybe she could "beat" him. Though it was true: neither of them was going to back down for reason of being "defeated."

Yet he was actually submitting to her winning and she raised her ears, her tail lifting slightly in triumph. Though she still felt bad that she had hurt him, even if it was only slightly and he had already recovered. "Sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you." she reached out her nose to gently nudge his exposed throat. A trusting, loving gesture. An acceptance, too, of his surrender, although she didn't think it had been necessary. Her tail waved generously behind her now, because he didn't seem upset at all. It had been a good fight and a fun one. Something that she had needed to work some of the anxious kinks out of her muscles and joints. She felt good about how it had turned out.

"Yeah we should probably head home before you catch your death of cold. I hear it's easier when you get all old and stuff." she teased, sticking her tongue out briefly. Melee turned so that she would be parallel with him. Then they could walk home side-by-side. Neither one truly the victor, although both had gained a renewed sense of family affection from their playtime.

[/html]