all mimsy were the borogoves
[html]
Somewhere near Treetop Terrace, as that's where she's been living. Try 2 of catching a butterfly. Cercatorians only, please.

There it was! Even if it wasn't the same, it was so similar to the yellow-wing she'd tried to catch before that she was positive it was the same one! And there it was. Sitting on a flower. Just like it had been when she'd knocked it away — it wasn't a very smart butterfly, she'd give it that, as it came back to the same situation it'd been startled away from in days prior! The silver-backed Moonsong child lowered her weight to the ground, rump high in the air with a waggly tail as she inched closer; with her nose to the ground, the dirt smelled like morning and boosted the determination of the child to bring home the butterfly as a present to her pretty mother, Orin Desdemona. Closer and closer she crept at a snail's pace, unwilling to startle it until...BAM! She lept from the ground and onto the flower and with the excitement of any child, sought to capture her tiny, fluttering prey.

Something was wrong, though. Golden eyes sought out the multi-winged creature under her legs and under her paws and under her chest and...and it wasn't there! WHERE WAS IT? What had happened, what had gone wrong, where had it disappeared to? Red-accented head jerked back and forth to try and find her catch. Something yellow did catch her eye. As she focused on it, she realized (with a great amount of disappointment) that the butterfly had gotten away! There it was, winging to the sky on yellow-and-black wings as if nothing had happened! How had she missed it?! A huff puffed out from her lungs as her limbs went limp and her ears flopped down — she'd missed it again. Now what was she going to give her mummy?

<style type="text/css">
.freeba705 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeb986; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eef0e8; }
.freeba705 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba705 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lLJu0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a1a1a1; padding: 130px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404040; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba705 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba705 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 305 OOC: Shaw wants to come play!!

In Character

Shawchert had been working on putting up yet another net where the girlds had found a way to get around. Orin was being as paranoid as could be, but Shawchert did not argue, he worried about the girls himself especially since they had recently come into his care.... well he helped care for them now at least. He was there for their safety first and foremost. He’d finished building the ramp for them so they could get up and down the terrace, making it as puppy proof as possible.

He was just finishing up the net when he caught a yellow creature flying near, but that didn’t keep his attention as he saw his daughter pouncing at it. He smiled enjoying the scene. Such innocence, he loved it. He couldn’t believe they were here and that he was their father. They’d grown so much since the first night he got to hold them in his arms right after Orin had them. Now they were romping around trying to catch butterflies. His face fell slightly as her attempt failed and she looked absolutely down. He moved to the ladder of the nearest tree and climbed down to help his daughter. He shifted first, which took a second, but he did not want her to have to look so far up to see her father, and he wanted to be closer to her. Though he had to take off his belt and cloth before doing so (he felt naked without them, but he knew he had a good chance of defending anyone as a lupine wolf.

“Hey Titania, are you ok?”

He asked, the first step was to find out the problem, though he could give a guess as to her problem, but he wanted it from the young girls mouth.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]
Mostly just assuming she knows Alaine, Elijah, Elvira and the fact that there isn't a 'poppa' there, since Orin has been spending time with them.

Busy in her moment of self-pity, she didn't see someone else approach until they spoke -- was she okay? Startled, the little fae-critter nearly toppled over her own feet to turn and see who it was that was sneaking up on her! One golden eye inched open, rolling about until it rested on the cinnamon pelt of her father. When did he get there? "Oh hi, poppa." She wrinkled up her nose as she spoke, fighting back a sneeze that ultimately came out anyways, leaving the small pup in a fluffy disarray. Without missing a beat, she clambered forward to sit on the much larger feet of her refound patriarch, leaning upward to try and bump noses. "Stupid buggy got awaaaay from me, poppa, and I wanted to give it to momma, I did. But no. It wouldn't let me, and they didn't help -- I think they like the buggy, y'know, 'cause it comes and keeps them comp'ny when I can't keep them comp'ny. Wish I was a flower." Her rapid speech remained quiet, though excitement was evident enough in her tone as she babbled on about wishing she had rosy petals and could soak up the sun -- they always seemed so happy.

Exhausting her vocal chords, she fell silent and gazed with large eyes upon the unfamiliar features of the man she was told was her father -- it was easy for the little girl to accept it, even though she couldn't remember living with him before. Why would her mother lie? Orin Desdemona had never lied to her, at least not openly in a way Titania could recognize. Her tail swished from side to side as the little gears in her mind worked. "Since momma came back, we're gonna be a nice family, right? Miss Alaine, she has kids too, but they don't have a poppa and I think they're not as happy as they would be if they did have a poppa and I think we should be a real family, yeah?" And eagerness to be told they would manifested in the form of hope behind the golden surface of her gaze.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba705 b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeb986; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eef0e8; }
.freeba705 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba705 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lLJu0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a1a1a1; padding: 130px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#404040; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba705 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba705 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: Awkward daddy!

His daughter had him by her pinky toe, even though it wasnt very long, his heart went right out to her. She was so sad and she looked entirely genuine. He looked up where the butterfly was flying wishing he could catch it for her, but that was never the way to teach a pup. He tilted his head slightly wondering what she was talking about, what liked the butterflies? That was until she mentioned the flowers. He smiled and nodded.

“Yes I think the flowers love the butterflies and the butterflies love the flowers, but if you were a flower you wouldn’t be able to play, flowers can’t walk around, though pretending to be one might help you get a butterfly.”

The key word for him was might, but he was still new to the whole father thing and didn’t always get that children had selective hearing.

“Maybe we could find something else to give to your mommy, something that wouldn’t mind being kept. I think the butterfly would miss its freedom if you caught it.”

He said, not sure if his reaction to this situation was proper, he had little experience with children, even his own, they were now five months old and could easily talk back and he could easily say something wrong without any prior knoledge. When she asked him if they were going to be a real family his heart sank. Now this WAS a delicate situation. Remembering his night with Sky, and he slightly was ashamed it ended up that way.... he still loved the woman, which meant she wasn’t Orin. Looking down at her he smiled, thinking of the words he needed to say before he said them.

“Both your mother and I will be here for you and Juliet I can promise you that, so it does make us a family. I won’t ever leave you. I’ll always be here for you”

He said, yes a family, but a broken one. He wasn’t going to leave again though, not this time. He would hunt down his family if they left too. He just got them back and he couldn’t afford to lose them again.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrock .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#fffff0}
.shawrock .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:9px; color:#c16945}
.shawrock b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fae56; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawrock {margin:0 auto; width:452px; background-color:#12151c; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9877 ... erttop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 318px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Titania Moonsong

Her father made sense as he explained that he believed the flowers loved the butterflies and the butterflies loved the flowers, and that were she to be a flower, she would be incapable of doing things she loved. She smiled and gave a nod. He was probably right, as butterflies so often stopped to rest on the flowers and she never once saw the flowers complain. She tilted her head at the flowers beside her paws and wondered if it was so. Maybe the flowers and the butterflies made families.

As she turned the conversation away from flowers and to their status as a family, she didn't realize that her father spoke of a broken home in his response. All she heard was that yes, they would be a family. Together, with her mother and father and her sister, none of whom would ever leave her ever. It was exciting to hear her wish was granted, even if she misinterperated the message. There was no reason for her to think otherwise. She knew so little about the ways of adults.

With her heart still whole, she fluffed up and rubbed against her father's leg in a show of affection that was oddly feline-like. "You 'n momma, you'd still love me if I was a flower, yeah?" Back to flowers, where her mind so often took her. She knew her mother would love her no matter the form, but would her father? Was he different than Orin in that way?

<style>
.Titania-CatTable p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Titania-CatTable b {color:#eaeae0;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #2c4f54;}
.Titania-CatTable-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Titania-CatTable-name {font-color:#1b3336; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; font-size:30px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:450px;}
.Titania-CatTable-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Titania-CatTable {background-color:#5a979e; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Souls/Titania-Cat.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b3336; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding: 5px 0px 275px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Titania-CatTable-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
He felt triumphant, a father who'd given good advice to his daughter! This was something that he couldn't forget. Looking down at the flower as well he wondered what she was thinking, though he figured he found out with her next question. His soft blue eyes looked at her and he gave her a reassuring smile.

"I will love you no matter what Titania, you're my daughter and you always will be even if you're a flower, butterfly, or wolf."

He smiled at her, hoping this made her feel more secure about how he felt for her. He wished he was finished with his little project for the two, but seeing as he had just started it would still take a while to get things finished. Looking down at her he could see so much of her mother in her, and yet she had many of his own looks. It had been a nice pairing, though it was too bad they had done it when they did, or their relationship might have been much better, but then they wouldn't have Titania or Juliet, so he wasn't too sad that things ended up the way they were, besides Demetrius, though the boy's spirit was always beside Shawchert.
[html]
Titania Moonsong

She was excited to hear that, no matter what, she would always have her father's love, whether petaled or legged or winged. The reassuring smile was enough to warm her insides, her tail wiggling on the air behind her as she pondered what it meant to have her father back. For months, they hadn't lived with him, only fueled by whatever stories it was that Orin-Desdemona had entertained she and her sister with in the time away from him. It was...interesting. She had no idea that Shawchert and Orin weren't the couple she desired, that their family may not ever be a true family in the sense that there was an unbroken relationship between parents, and all she had was the hope that it would in fact be so.

His smile was returned on the silver jaws of his daughter before she flopped so easily amongst the flowers and rolled onto her back. "I'd love you if you were a flower too!" Why wouldn't she? He was her father, a strong and steadfast person from this moment on.

<style>
.Titania-CatTable p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Titania-CatTable b {color:#eaeae0;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #2c4f54;}
.Titania-CatTable-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Titania-CatTable-name {font-color:#1b3336; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; font-size:30px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:450px;}
.Titania-CatTable-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Titania-CatTable {background-color:#5a979e; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Souls/Titania-Cat.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b3336; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding: 5px 0px 275px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Titania-CatTable-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Shawchert smiled wide, a smile that he saved only for the two children of his heart and body. He could see so much of Orin in her, and yet there was a smidgen of what he was like when he was young, though he had to suppress it when he was a pup or he'd have been killed by his father. He poised a little straighter, a prouder man than he was a few seconds before her words came out. This was what fatherhood was like, and he loved it. Kneeling down, then sitting, he found it better to be closer to his daughter.

"So maybe if we try to sit as still as flowers, and pretend we are one, maybe a butterfly might land on you, hold your head up, and keep your eyes out, but we cant move unless the wind moves us!"

He figured it would be a fun game, though it wouldn't last too long, a pup could only stay stll for so long, but seeing as the butterfly was still in the vicinity, he was sure it would come by again. maybe land on her. he held his hands a little in front of him, and his eyes went to the butterfly that the pup had tried to catch. It might have been a game of patience, something she would eventually learn when training to hunt, but he knew that as a pup this might not last.