wild thing
[html]
A bright flash could be seen moving quickly through the dampwood, flitting in and out of view through a network of giants made of rough bark and topped with heads of green hair. The bright flash was named Max, an awkward pre-teen with gangly limbs and unruly grey-white fur, large ears hinting at his coyote heritage and mischievous gold eyes hinting at his troublesome nature.

The boy, not normally seen on his own, had been run off by his family after he struck back at his abusive mother, and had not looked back since. For all he knew his family had been turned into badgers and he was now a wild half-monster, left to his own devices which suited him well enough.

Of course this posed some problems for the child who was now left to fend for himself. He was able to quite luckily stumble across a nest of mice to fend off his hunger, but like most half-monster's Max had quite a large appetite and a few little mice would not quell his stomach for long. The boy had considered shifting but the thought was a fleeting one. He was wild, a monster, and would not find his shifted form comfortable what-so-ever, or so he believed.

A small, dark shape out of the corner of his eye grasped his attention and Max twirled about to face it. He couldn't be sure what it was, but it stayed frozen in fear as he did, one long ear twitching as Max's tail started to slowly sway, then it was off, the giants pet flitting between their feet.

"Wieder hier sie ungebärdig sache!" Max roared, leaping into a full out run made awkward by his long limbs and oversized paws, not noticing when he passed by the pack's borders.
[/html]
[html]
Word Count → :: Big GrinDDD

Wounded as he was, Ezekiel had to continue patrols. Halo was busy with the girl she had found (and no longer his second-in-command), Sage was busy doing…whatever she did, and everyone else was busy with puppies or their secondary tasks. So it fell to Ezekiel to pick up the slack, wounds or not. He had not shifted since the fight, instinctively knowing the wounds would heal better without being pulled or stretched. His ear was notched now, but the coyote was glad that was all Halo had taken.

Red paws carried him through the sandy colored grass, moving at an easy wolfish trot. The fresh wounds no longer stung, but they looked quite sour against his otherwise pristine pelt. Black nose turned up to the wind, twitching as he took in the scents. It was, however, a youth’s bellow that caused his large ears to turn forward. Quick stiff-legged steps carried him to the rise of a bluff, and there he spotted a white figure charging through the grass. A wolf. Ezekiel’s lip curled and he charged down to meet the lanky figure with a commanding series of yaps.

<style>
.zkrvn-table {background-color:#;border:0px solid black;font-family:GARAMOND, serif;font-size:12px;color:#aa0000;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:100%;text-align:justify;background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4xkTQ.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;}
.zkrvn-extra {padding:0px;padding-left:15px;}
.zkrvn-wc {font-weight:bold;color:#fff;font-size:14px; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zkrvn-ooc {font-weight:normal;color:#fff;font-size:11px; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zkrvn-inner {border:1px solid black;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ivGER.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:14px;color:#000000;margin:0px 0px 0px 50px;width:70%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.zkrvn-inner p {text-indent:10px;}
.zkrvn-inner b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zkrvn-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Max chased the giant's pet for some time before the youth grew tired and the shadow found its hovel. He took this time to gather his surroundings, now a greyish-white blotch in a desert of grass well out of the reach of the giant's in the dampwood.

The child was about to turn back for the cover of the wood when loud commanding yaps met his radar-like ears. Max jumped with a start, turning about to see where the noise was coming from and was met by the sight of a commanding presence charging right for him. Momentarily at a loss of what to do Max stood there, ears flattening themselves and golden eyes widening to unrealistic proportions before he was able to muster enough courage, to well, turn tail and run.

His run was an awkward one though, with his still disproportionate limbs and wide-set paws Max wasn't making the greatest of progress back to the cover and protection of the bark covered giants and soon enough he found himself with his legs tangled and his head face first in the dirt.
[/html]
[html]
Word Count → ::

The wolf, Ezekiel soon realized, was hardly more than a boy. He was startled and scared and as the Aquila closed the distance between them, tripped and fell flat on his face. Ezekiel’s expression twisted from one of aggression into a perplexed look. While his approach did not falter, he showed only the typical signs of dominance now; he was not snapping his teeth. A black tipped tail waved high behind him, and large red paws trotted easily over familiar ground as he circled the child.

Extending his neck, the Aquila sniffed at the wolfish child. He didn’t smell like any of the packs Ezekiel knew, and he clearly had no idea where he was (if he had, he might not have come). The golden coy-wolf drew his head back and cocked it slightly. “Are you alright?” He asked, doubting the child was anything close to a threat.

<style>
.zkrvn-table {background-color:#;border:0px solid black;font-family:GARAMOND, serif;font-size:12px;color:#aa0000;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:100%;text-align:justify;background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4xkTQ.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;}
.zkrvn-wc {font-weight:bold;color:#fff;font-size:14px; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zkrvn-ooc {font-weight:normal;color:#fff;font-size:11px; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zkrvn-inner {border:1px solid black;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ivGER.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:14px;color:#000000;margin:0px 0px 0px 50px;width:70%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.zkrvn-inner b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zkrvn-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Everything about his face stung, and though Max wasn't really hurt he was frustrated with himself. The fantasy was gone no and everything was all too real. The little half-monster refused to look up at the figure that circled him, only catching glimpses of large red paws as the older male circled him.

It took Max off guard when the older coy-wolf asked him if he was alright, causing him to glance up, tall ears flipped back. The man in front of him looked like a hero straight from a book, a tall imposing figure with scars above his eye. Maybe the man wasn't just secretly a hero but a pirate or a renegade! Someone with a bounty on his head who was constantly on an adventure.

Max desperately wished he could be like him, not the half-monster that he was. “Yeah,” the kid said sheepishly, forcing himself to stand again, tall coyote-like ears perking forward in interest.

[/html]
[html]

It was the law of the wild that prevented him from dropping his stance. Ezekiel was a beast made from the forest, but he was one that had the instincts of a wolf—and so he welcomed the submission and settled, tail swishing behind him. Amber eyes took in the shape of the child, and despite his coloring and skull-size, it was remarkable how much of him looked coyote. That was not simply age either; he was too lean, too sharp.

Without moving from his spot, Ezekiel flicked one large ear dismissively. “I don’t suppose you noticed the borders, then,” he said, and while his face was stern his voice was full of humor. One corner of his mouth pulled back, revealing ivory-yellow teeth. He might have looked a fright if not for the amusement he found out of the situation—something severely lacking in his life since the incident with Halo. Of course, how often did a gray yearling fall flat on his face? No one in Inferni would dare let themselves be seen in such a manner.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Pack borders? Max inhaled tentatively and sure enough he could pick out a mixture of scents and markings that could only be defined as the scent of pack. The grey-white boy shook his head slowly, ears flopping about ever so slowly with the motion. “All I saw were the giants and their strange pet that I was chasing,” he described for the older male, though it was probably unnecessary.

Like always Max's imagination ran wild and he perked up at the thought of the small, shadowy figure with big floppy ears. “We have to find it!” Max insisted, looking around as if he might spot it out of the corner of his eye again. “If we hold it hostage maybe the giants will bargain for it and give us something extra good, like a great ancient secret,” he said “-almost like a recipe but better-” Max added on matter-of-factly in case the stranger didn't get what he was talking about, before continuing “a recipe to make our own special pet or to tame other evil-er giants.” Max finally fell silent, holding his breath in anticipation to see what the sandy, red-tipped male might say.

[/html]
[html]

There was something to be said for Ezekiel’s inherited patience. He was not half so tempered as his father, who had years of experience on the three-year-old. His packmates could feel the lash of his teeth or the aggression that came from lack of sleep. Halo had felt the full wrath of his fury, but he would not turn it on a child. Especially not one who seemed oblivious to the fact he had committed an offense. To Ezekiel, this told him one thing—the child had not come from a pack; he would have known then.

Puzzled by the explanation, Ezekiel’s ears rose high and formed a red crown. Giants? A strange animal? What on earth was this kid talking about? Yet there were more important things to figure out presently. “What’s your name? Where did you come from?” If someone was looking for him, there was the likely-hood of them coming to Inferni. Then again, Ezekiel had “rescued” several children in his lifetime and even now was forming a plan to do the same again.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Max looked about ready to leap into action but instead of the renegade taking control of the situation and swooping in to aid Max in his quest to catch the giant's pet he asked a bunch of questions. Max stomped one of his paws down in frustration, “my name is Max, I'm a half-monster, my family turned into a bunch of stinky badgers so I left and now I'm here trying to catch that weird thing so I can trade with the giants for something awesome!” He answered in one breath, face turning red under his off-white fur.

“So let's go!” He exclaimed, bounding off towards the small hovel the giant's pet hid in near a cluster of rocks amongst the grass.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count → :: I figure another reply each and we can get Max into the clan Smile

Half-monster? For a man with little romantic vision, the idea was a thick one. He frowned and opened his mouth, but was cut off as the child began leaping away. Ezekiel growled under his breath and wheeled, but his wounds made him slow and he missed the boy by inches. It was with a coyote’s quick trot he hurried after the pale boy, and he caught up to him at the rocks. A rabbit; that’s what the boy had been chasing.

Frustrated, the Aquila’s expression had soured. “Max,” he said sternly, sounding very much like his father. “You’re not allowed to just run around in here. These are clan lands; you have to be a member in order to stay here.” Something the child had mentioned caused Ezekiel’s face to soften with slight confusion. “Did you say your family turned into badgers?” What an odd idea.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Max had stuck his head in the rabbit's hole when the stranger caught up and the boy was caught offguard by the males stern voice, hitting his head on the roof of the little critters home. He had never heard a tone like that before but instantly his attention had be captured; Max turning, slouched to ground and listening meekly to what the older male said, but when he asked about what happened to his family Max perked up a little. “Yeah, so now I can't live with them anymore.”

“So, this clan thing... is it like a club?”

[/html]
[html]

The Aquila found the whole story rather fantastic. If he had been smarter, like his sister, he might have read through the poetry and found the meaning. Ezekiel was a savage thing and wild at heart, and so he could not hold onto pretty ideas. One thing was certain to him though; Max was not a wolf. In his pelt, yes, but not in his body (though this was large, as Ezekiel’s own). Besides, he wanted to get deeper into this whole “monster” story.

“Something like that,” he began. “We’re warriors here, Max. If you want to stay, you’ll need to be a warrior too. But you look strong,” the coyote went on, shifting his red paws and flicking his tail cat-like behind him. “So if you follow me, I’ll make sure you’re prepared for anything. Even giants.” A coyote’s wide smile broke across his face, and he nodded to the area behind him. Without waiting for an answer, he turned. “Come on, I’ll show you around and we’ll try and scare you up some food. You’re awfully skinny,” came the comment over one broad shoulder, and with that Ezekiel had begun trotting towards one of the well-worn paths.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to InferniRANKS · SITE · WIKI · NEWS

As a new member, why not:

quare;">[*]Create some AW (all welcome) threads in our territory and meet some of your fellow clan members. Alternatively, you can join another member's AW thread (open threads are found here) or request for some private threads for plot purposes in our thread request forum.[*]Add your character to our member list. To do this, please post your character's information in this thread, using the form provided in the first post. NPC characters and NPC open characters of Inferni can be added as well, and will be displayed in their special sections of the list.[*]Check out our pack game and start earning points! The game is a great way to get fancy titles and icons for your character.[*]Take a look at the thread prompts. Every month, Inferni puts up three thread prompts, intended to promote activity and get Inferni members to know each other better both in and out of character. The list of current thread prompts can be found at the bottom of our Inferni Information Portal, as well as beneath the prizes on our game page.[/LIST]

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!