What are you looking at?
[html]

OOC: Alright, here's the thread, sorry it took me a bit.
Word Count: 370

Nikki was the type that enjoyed going out at night despite his inability to see out of his right eye. In fact often times it was comical watching him when he went out on a night time adventure. Soka was always nearby, watching, listening and making sure that if Nikki was injured, help would be on the way. Tonight he was out searching for some things to make a necklace. He'd already been able to find a long thin piece of leather to use for the base of the necklace. Now he wanted to look for some other things, small bones, claws, teeth, anything he could find that would work. His lips curled in a smile when he happened upon a couple of teeth out in the woods.

It brought him a step closer to his goal and a step closer to some form of happiness and contentedness. He was an odd one but enjoyed being who he was. He'd not change for anyone and simple things brought him the most joy. Cold and withdrawn as he was he did have things that pleased him. His steps were slow and relaxed as he took the time to enjoy the scenery in between digging through dirt and leaves. This was nice.

But like all enjoyable things, they had to come to an end. As he started to brush the leaves away from the ground he was met with a shock. Stumbling back he tripped and fell over a log, landing with a hard thud on his ass. "FUCK!" He screamed. Soka screeched and dove, landing on the log he'd tripped on to stare at him. "Oh fuck...I was looking for bones but..." His world seemed to spin for a moment. There where he'd started to brush away the leaves was a skeleton. From the looks of it, everything was there too.

After overcoming the initial shock his thoughts became more morbid, pondering taking the skull along with a few other small remnants. For the moment however, he simply waited for the world to stand still once again.

Nikolieth walks. "Nikolieth talks." Nikolieth thinks

<style type="text/css">
.nikoli b {font-weight:bold; color:#6ca1d1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nikoli .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nikoli p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nikoli {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#152730; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2mpkb35.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#306a9e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: That's OK.

IC: Ayasha was patrolling the borders. She had taken to doing it at night. It was the time that she felt the safest from the watchful glares of Maska and his guardians. She had a bit of scowl. Her mother came home the other day with her arm bleeding. Ayasha had a hunch that it was one of the guardians that did it to her. It was probably to quiet me. Well, it didn’t work so well. I’m angrier at them than before. She felt the weight of Dichali on her shoulder. ”You should be careful with all that anger, little one.” She stared at him and was about to retort when she heard something.

She sprinted in the direction of the voice and said, ”At least I’m not as little as you.” He laughed but silenced, as they got closer. She was cautious about who or what it was but her nose picked up the scent of AniWaya on whoever it was. Though it was faint so they were new around here. But she still had to be careful in case they were a guardian.

She approached to see a mostly white male on his butt looking a bit confused. ”Are you alright? My name is Ayasha. What’s yours?” Her sweet and curious nature was starting to win over her cautious state. Plus, he didn’t seem all that bad.
[html]

OOC: Sorry about the delay, the internet where I'm at right now is horrible.
Word Count: 600

It was not uncommon, what was happening here tonight. Nikki often found himself in odd situations and more often than not they had to do with something dead, be it of his own species or otherwise but his reaction was not always the same. Tonight he had been looking for small things like tooth and nail but instead he found himself presented with a whole body and goddess why? Why couldn’t this poor fool have been found before he died or at least before all the meat had rotted from his carcass, leaving behind moss covered bones that seemed to have no tale behind them. Why couldn’t someone else have come across this sorry soul?

More importantly he wondered how it had gone unnoticed in pack lands. Had the members of Aniwaya been so senseless that they hadn’t even noticed something dead and rotting nearby? He couldn’t be the only one out here who liked to explore the lands after all. Many more questions swirled through his mind, like a whirlpool, destroying anything that dared enter its deadly grasp. What was more, Nikki’s thoughts often took a turn towards morbidity, making the situations he got himself into even more odd and interesting than simply finding some dead thing somewhere.

In fact at this very moment decapitation sounded rather enjoyable. He could keep the skull as a trophy from his treasure hunt and the nails could be used for his necklace, maybe even a couple smaller bones. If he left them here they would surely go to waste wouldn’t they? His thoughts were interrupted by what seemed a hesitant and quiet voice, asking if he was fine and telling him who they were. His gaze left the skeleton to look over his shoulder at his new company but he said nothing. Soka was the first to break the silence with a soft screech, snapping him out of the trance in which he’d been thrown into.

Who was he? She had asked. A simple enough question with a simple enough answer but his mind seemed to draw a blank for a moment and he simply stared blankly. ”I’m fine.” He finally mumbled. ”But he’s not.” He pointed towards the cause for his alarm, his voice more bitter then it should have been. He could only hope one would understand. His body had finally caught up with his mind and he slowly got up, leaning on a tree for a moment. To put it bluntly, his ass hurt and he was going to take a moment and hope that the aching would soon go away. ”The name’s Nikolieth but I’d much prefer Nikki or Niko.” He offered a grim smile.

What a way to meet someone new. As if reading his thoughts, Soka screeched once more before a tense silence threatened to smother them where they stood. There was certainly nothing the healer could do for a pile of bones but he did wonder what had caused the unfortunate wolf’s demise and so without another word he stepped closer to examine the remains. ”Looks like he took a pretty harsh beating, his neck is snapped and his skull has what looks to me a hammer indentation." He frowned. Whoever this had been they’d angered someone and weren’t able to properly defend themselves against whoever it had been they’d pissed off.

”I’m not sure what else to say.” His voice was flat this time. No emotion was there to be found and he turned to her once more, wondering what she might have to offer to this strange meeting, this awkward conversation, if anything.

<style type="text/css">
.nikoli .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nikoli {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#152730; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2mpkb35.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#306a9e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Sorry for the wait and the fact that it is so much shorter than your post.

IC: His reply about the skeleton was met with her dry comment of, ”I can see that.” She looked at their surroundings. It was rather bleak. There was a screech of a bird and she saw the hawk. She didn’t think that the hawk was a spirit guide. The bird was all to normal to be a spirit guide.

She gave a smile at his name. ”It’s nice to meet you Nikki. Though the time and place could have been better.” She was rather amused by the circumstances actually. It wasn’t everyday that you meet someone because of a skeleton.

Her lips curled up slightly. ”Things have not been very pleasant in AniWaya recently.” She would tell him more if he asked but chose not to bring all of it up. Plus, she had no idea if he could be trusted. And she might not be able to stop at telling him only what happened.

She gave a slight giggle at his comment. ”Well you could tell why you came here.” She softly suggested. He seemed all right, if a little bit cold. But that could just be because he didn’t really know her. Her tail wagged slightly as she waited for his answer.
[html]

OOC: So sorry for the Delay, I've had some RL problems pop up so I was kind of caught up in that.
Word Count: 600

Nikki had known that Aniwaya was going through troubling times. He'd heard it numerous times since coming her and wondered exactly what the hell was going on but no one had told him the whole story. He studied the stranger and offered a weak smile. I've heard. He muttered, giving her a curious look. He could see she was amused and tilted his head. Oh har har, Nikki got spooked by a skeleton, funny eh? He chuckled but wasn't sure what else there was to say, he simply looked back to the skeleton, then deciding he didn't like it here he stood. Care to take a walk? He asked.

As to what he was doing here, nothing unusual really. He offered another weak smile and chuckled. Ironically I was looking for small bones, teeth and nails for a necklace I was making. With that said he headed out of the general vicinity and stopped only a few feet away to see if she would follow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ayasha nodded at him hearing about what’s going on. ”I could tell you what’s been happening if you want?” She offered helpfully. But when he chuckled, she wasn’t sure whether or not she should laugh, so she settled for giving a smile. She was a bit surprised that he asked if she wanted to go for a walk. But that sounded nice to her so she nodded and said, ”Sure. Lead the way.” She gave him a smile.

She listened to what he was doing here with a surprised look on her face. ”Oh. Do you generally make jewelry out of those materials?” She wanted to ask why he used those materials but felt that was implied in her question. So she didn’t ask why, yet. She might if he didn’t answer her unspoken question.

She followed after him. ”I could help if you like? What sort of stuff are you looking for?” She didn’t mean materials but what qualities. She was curious. ”Where are you from? I’m from Newfoundland.” She hoped he was more receptive to questions than Chitsa was. Although she had got better about dealing with strangers. She still asked questions but she didn’t prattle mindlessly.