infected by your genetics
[html]

We can forward date it if we need to. She's looking for Cypress, noticing something different in the air and remembering Oak; I left it open so that Cypress can be wherever you want him to be, she can find him anywhere.

There had been a change on the airwaves, a new scent that caused the princess to shiver. Someone was in her home who did not belong. Why couldn't they leave her alone? Why did they suddenly swarm her, like moths to some strange flame? She knew why the other had come, the russet boy with blue eyes — for Gabriel. Her Gabriel. Her father. Had he really lied to her about the children she so desired to rid the world of? Wolves. Dogs. He had said they were children for their mother, not his own, laying no claim. Why did they so desire to come near? How quickly the strange scent had permeated the air in the kingdom, leaving the new mother's mind distressed. Her children suffered for it as she obsessed with the past.

It needed to leave. That was why she'd left the children with Enkiel's quiet little patient, to find the wolf and show it what she had shown the other. They were monsters. Their father, her father, loved so little, and she would not share what small part of him she managed to still keep after her years of hypocrisy and disloyalty. She was a rightful daughter, just as Ezekiel was his only son — she refused to recognize the outsiders who could never hope to touch Inferni's soil. But this one had, and it was the one she sought out for the day, her mother's red eyes blazing with a vengeful fury and desperation that clung to her like old rags. She refused to lose her family. Not to brats who would never belong. Not to anyone.

Her feet were quick as they moved across the forest's ground, across Inferni's territory to find the needle in a haystack, the wolf amongst coyotes. The one she wouldn't allow to belong in her home. She had to accept his transgressions, but she didn't have to accept the products.

They weren't family.

They were parasites.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the delay, here is a post about...well nothing really xD. He's in lupus form, btw

The D'Neville Mansion did not seem so different to Cypress from Haven manor where he had been born a raised. The large building and its grounds gave him an odd sense of familiarity in a place where he should have felt none at all. The greenhouse was particularly interesting to the youth, considering his mother's own gardens and he wondered if there was anyway such a thing could be built back in Crimson Dreams. His heart filled with worry as his thoughts touched on his mother and he felt some guilt for being so far from home during such a time, but he had proved to be useless during the raid. He had been unable to do anything to help her. It was shameful. But like all the guilt he felt for his inadequacies, he was able to bury under the surface.

Cypress left the greenhouse behind to explore more of the estate. Hoping that in doing so he could leave behind the unease in his heart, but it lingered over him like a dark cloud and cast shadow over his features. Still he was happy for what little time he had been granted here and the chance to get to know his sire and perhaps even himself a little better. That is what he had longed for when he had first planned this venture. The raid had only mounted more reason to seek out his father for the boy had not known where else to turn.

Paws carried the brown and sable youth to the shore of the small pond, having followed the paved path that lead to the overgrown edge of the water. It was nothing compared to Rabbit lake as he looked across to the opposing shore. He sat there, watching the water move in small waves as the fingers of the wind brushed its surface.

<style type="text/css">
.cypfreeb01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdfdfd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c4c; }
.cypfreeb01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; text-align:center;}
.cypfreeb01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.cypfreeb01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#BFBFBF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fdfdfd; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.cypfreeb01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #4c4c4c; margin:0 auto;}
.cypfreeb01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ebebeb; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

The world warped around her while her sole focus became finding this monster who had come to her home. She passed the mansion in silence, wrapping around the side nearest to the borders as red eyes searched the clear territory. Her trail ended as she came to the rear of the building, following the dirt and paved paths to the pond where the small, dark shape lingered. Her disgust was fueled by his pelt -- it would be hard to deny he was Gabriel's son, for the physical tie was there, but she had denied even the most solid facts in the past. "Why did you come here, boy." It wasn't a question, but words demanding an answer that came from a superior.

Hands found hips as she waited for her response, head turning over all that she wanted to say in order to make him leave. Gabriel wasn't his father. Gabriel hadn't raised them, Gabriel hadn't desired to see them, Gabriel had told her they were children for their mother. Of course, Gabriel had said that about the bastard children in the dog pack, and she was sure he'd lied about that as well. There was no love in her for the outsiders, regardless of their ties to the world around here -- the orange boy hadn't understood, but she would make this one see it.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

He was already feeling a little homesick. Not that he would admit it. His blue gaze looked out across the water surface. He had not seen the larger body of water Inferni held for he had not ventured past the forest, but he longed for the shores of Rabbit Lake and its vast body of water. And he worried terribly for his mother. His mind filled with too many thoughts as he stared over the water's surface, watching its soft and steady movements. He found the chatter of the various insects and frogs that made their home here to be a comfort. Things here had not been what he had expected. His stay here would be limited and had come with many warnings. Surely the rumors he had about Inferni were simply exaggerated stories. Though skulls that marked their border had proven real enough.

The soft pad of approach from behind him had not gone unnoticed, but they had raised no alarm in the boy either. So careless. These lands were so much more savage than that of Dreamers. A lesson that had not yet fully sunk into the youth's mind. He turned to face whom ever it was that had addressed him, words laced with venom. Blue eyes locked on those of Crimson for just a moment before they dropped in proper respect. His front feet shifted uncomfortably under him, feeling the malice that radiated from the woman. "To visit my father, Gabriel." He said simply, his eyes looking past her as he nodded towards the guest house in which his father lived.

<style type="text/css">
.cypfreeb01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdfdfd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4c4c4c; }
.cypfreeb01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; text-align:center;}
.cypfreeb01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#BFBFBF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... reeb01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fdfdfd; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.cypfreeb01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ebebeb; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

She was by no means a skilled stalker, and she knew long before he turned that he realized she was there -- how could he not, when her feet crunched leaves and sticks beneath them without care that she would be known before she was meant to be? She had come with a sole purpose. It didn't involve carefully tracking him, carefully waiting for him to realize she was there, carefully anything. She wanted him to realize what she had forced down the throat of the other one, the orange-furred one who had come to the borders in search of a place there with Gabriel. And so when she spat out her venomous, superior words, she waited without patience for him to answer. What came forth was what she expected -- he was there for Gabriel, for an absent father who could never hope to love him as he had never loved his first children and would never love any. A bitter laugh eminated from the autumnal princess, fingers curling in her palm as she wondered just what had driven him to her home in search of a monster.

"Gabriel isn't your father, boy; I told that other one who came searching for him, and thought that would be enough, but clearly your ignorant wolf minds can't comprehend the words I speak." Her mother's eyes, shared in Talitha and so full of emotion, narrowed on the mottled face of the boy before her. Her hands found her hips, fingers curling about the carefully tattooed Chaos wheel found there, a symbol of her family and the members of it moreso now than it had ever been. "What do you expect to find here? A family? A home for your bastard blood, where you'll be loved and shown compassion for what you are? If you're looking for love, you're in the wrong place. We won't love you. He won't love you, he's incapable of it -- Ezekiel and I already took what we could and he's left with no love to give for the children of other women he has no desire to be a father to anyways."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Dark ears feel back as her bitter laughter cut through the air. He could feel those eyes of vibrant crimson pierced through him as acid words flew from her tongue. Igniting the hot bubble of anger Cypress felt growing in his chest. Her words were nothing but lies. To believe them would be to believe his own mother a liar. Anu had no reason to lie about the sire of her sons. Even Gabriel himself had acknowledged him as his son. His anger brought cool blue of his gaze back to hers, narrowing to match. "We are not ignorant, you are wrong. He is my father." His tone was foolishly defiant. Challenging her claims.

There had been a time when he had been naive enough to believe there was a place for him in his father's world and that Inferni could be a home for him. Those days had passed and while he accepted he would never belonged here he had hoped that at least there might be a place for him in father's heart. "No! I did not come looking for any of those things! I came looking only to know him, not to steal him or his love away from you. I am my mother's son. I know there is no place for me here, but I still have the right to know my father." Gabriel himself had granted the Dreaming boy that much. And he was undeniably his mother's son. His eyes proved that much, but the rest of him spoke of his sire. Just as undeniably. "Besides, we both carry his blood. What gives you any more right than me?" He was outraged by her accusations and ashamed to think this venomous woman was his kin.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

The younger male proved just as stubborn as his brother had been, and the princess rose with stiff muscles to stare down at him with dark eyes that were fueled with hate and disgust. Dealing with them, with outsiders, those who would never belong to her family, was frustrating in the highest degree. He was defiant as he spoke. He challenged her. The cruelest smile crossed her black-liked lips, baring off-white teeth and casting her face with darkness. Her fingers curled around the padded palm of her hand, scratching at the red scar of her family heritage. A scar that they couldn't claim, at least not in her mind. That was what proved them wrong. They would never be family.

His speech was met with cold laughter, lacking emotions as he tried to plead his case in his own anger. His outrage amused her, his challenge of her on her own land made her heart race with excitement as she thought of what to show him of their world. She leaned forward on large feet, grounded. "What makes you think you've ever had that right, boy? You come to my home, demanding to know a father that has never had any desire to know you, and you think you still retain rights of blood? Did Gabriel raise you? Did he even try? Has he ever tried to get to know you, or has he left you and your whore mother alone in some other place, where he hasn't shown you love or consideration of who you are?" She knew the answers. No. Gabriel had been a leader to Inferni first, and a father to his eldest twins second, so she knew that other children went ignored by him.

"You and your sibling came here with the illusion that you have rights in our world, to know my father, the man who raised me and showed me that this world is cold and that this world is hateful and that there is no justice for those who can't stomach what happens here. You don't. You never will, no matter what blood you claim in your past. You can't be a de le Poer. You don't have what it takes to be his son, not like Ezekiel is. We're a prince and a princess, and that's lost on the rest of you, who prove failure in your mother's blood, warm and cozy in these places where you're kept safe and content. Where you can't suffer."

She shook her head, knowing he wouldn't understand what she spoke of, and unwilling to explain it to him if he didn't. All that mattered was that he knew now that he couldn't be Gabriel's son, no matter what he tried to do or how long he took to get to know the dark man. Her smile faded. "You should leave before someone stronger than me finds you. Our family doesn't accept your kind, and Gabriel can only save you from some of us."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait, broke my finger Monday and it put the damper on my muse :c and I am thinking we can make this a short thread or these two are likely to go in circles foreva

More of her dark laughter assaulted his ears and pride. Dark audits pulled press back into the thick of coarse fur of his neck as she spoke more acidic words. He was unable to hold back that growl in his throat as she called his mother a whore.”Do NOT speak of my mother like that! She is no whore!” He barked in anger, dark lips pulling back to reveal ivory teeth. ”You do not know what you’re talking about. He may not have raised us but Gabriel did come to see us. He did not just abandon us and cast us a side as you’d like to believe.” Lies, nothing but lies fell from her tongue.

There had once been a day when Cypress had thought to be his father’s son and would have dreamed to stand in the place that Ezekiel stood. It was true, but he had grown beyond such foolishness. He did not need Talitha to tell him that was not his path for he could easily see that he would ever fill his half brother’s shoes, nor did he wish too. She was right to think the meaning of her words would be lost to him. He would never see the world from her narrow perspective. ”Ezekiel and Gabriel have both granted me permission to stay for a few days. Do not worry, Princess. I will leave when my time is up and I have no desire to call myself a de le Poer.” He tried to keep the anger he felt from his voice, but that was beyond his self control and dripped from his words. ”Now, if you’ll excuse me madam.” He moved to walk past her, his posture submissive, yet stiff with the bottled anger he held. It would do him no good to act on his anger. As it was being his father’s son only gave him so much protection. Something that would surely be lost if turned fang on his kin.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+
[/html]