Careful news
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.nirotiger b {font-weight:bold; color:#dba336; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

OOC: Nuki you dn't have to post in here if you've already got too many threads, but I left it open, :3

The rumors from the two refugees were in a way correct and Shawchert knew what he had to do. He had to tell Skye what he’d learned and what he thought would be their best option, though it would be up to his leader to decide what the best option was. He wasted no time, letting Orin follow or be on her own to deal with their children, he knew the news couldn’t wait so he made his way to Thornbury.

It wasn’t long before he arrived at Skye’s home. He knocked on the door i hopes she would be there. He had to know what the refugees had told him first before he started off iwth the news, he wanted to make sure that they all added up. He had already made one mistake, he wasn’t about to make many more. He knocked again, just for hearing sake and waited for Skye.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]
ooc PFFT! Like I'd sit this one out.

No way was she missing this. The impromptu meeting with Ayasha in AniWaya was too important and far too interesting to just drop once they got back home, so Orin walked alongside Shawchert to Thornbury. They had left their daughters in Bangle’s care, so she probably would have had to go back to the village anyway. But the walk to the Capitana’s house wasn’t exactly the most pleasant venture they’d been on. Orin had become annoyed with Shawchert for being so tactless in such a sensitive matter, and if he had not noticed by the way she was acting, the missing tail hair would surely remind him.

She wasn’t trying to give him the cold shoulder, but when they walked away from AniWaya’s borders after any brief discussion they chose to share, Orin fell to silence. Silence and Orin didn’t use to go together, but now she welcomed it as she pondered what was happening just outside of their pack’s realm.

Not wanting to miss a moment of this, Orin didn’t even pause to change back to Optime. Still on four petite little paws, she pranced up the steps beside Shawchert. Ears pert as she awaited the sounds of movement inside. She hoped Skye was home; she really wanted to be a part of the information that was given to her. But for all that, she longed to see her daughters, and was torn between hoping they would be here too and hoping that they had gone out with the coy-wolf pup sitter.

As they waited for Skye to come to the door, her piercing yellow eyes turned from the door to Shawchert. Her irritation with him had begun to subside. The childish part of her wanted to tell Skye what he had done, but Shawchert was working so hard to redeem himself. Should she give him a break?

We’ll see…

<style type="text/css">
.orinsonnet b {font-weight:bold; color:#810300; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5d9af; letter-spacing:.1px; }
.orinsonnet p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orinsonnet {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#e8b161; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... onnet1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #390200; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b2803; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

ooc

It was lucky for Orin and Shaw that Skye had happened to be at home - she was in her Secui form, having just woken up from a nap that was much needed after the excursions of the AniWayans and Liam's little... talk. She heard the knocks on he door, however, and knew that she couldn't ignore her leadership duties any longer than this or continue her relaxing day. Sighing, she stood, still in her Secui form, and trotted to the door, pushing it open - the doorknob didn't work any longer and it was easy to push aside the chunk of wood that was the door in her powerful Secui body.

She found herself face to face with Orin and Shaw - well, with Orin, at least, who was in her Lupus form. This was odd - she had never seen her friend in Lupus form before, and had to take a second to recognize her. Above her was Shawchert; he was in his Optime form as almost always, and quite taller than she remembered. She stepped to the edge of her porch and sat, looking at her two friends.

Feel free to take a seat, she said amiable. What's the matter?

<style>
#oogla-text {font-family:georgia; serif; font-size:12px; width:95%; margin:0px auto; line-height:16px; }
#oogla-text p.ooc {font-style:italic; }
#oogla-text p {text-indent:50px; }
#oogla-text b {letter-spacing:.5px; }
#oogla-text b:before {content: open-quote; }
#oogla-text b:after {content: close-quote; }
.oogla-line1 {width:70%; border-bottom:1px dashed; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.nirotiger {width:425px;border:1px solid #dba336;background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/f9mra1.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:290px;background-color:#a44903;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:12px;color:#c1a87d;}
</style>

ooc murr

He figured Orin would come along possibly so that he wouldn’t screw up anything else, though how he could now was beyond him. She’d been oddly quiet the whole way and it made him slightly nervous, making him wonder if she was really all that angry at him. He’d find out later, first business. Once Skye came to the door and offered him a seat he took it, just so the two fourlegged females didn’t have to strain their necks to look at him.

“We’ve come with news, but I would like to ask first what the refugees had to tell you about what’s going on in AniWaya.”

He said he wanted to make sure that he got the information from Ayasha right, it would help in figuring out if she were truely one who was being mistreated or one who was lying. It was up to the facts. Shawchert glanced over at Orin to see if she had anything to add, surely she would.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]
ooc

The Tundra was just as surprised to see Skye in her Secui form as the Capitana was when she met Orin face-to-face on four legs. Her quadruped form hadn't been very useful to Orin in the past, but it was growing more and more beneficial. Still being a pack centered around art and crafting it was rare to meet anyone in their natural wolf body, let alone the bulky form of Secui. This form certainly made the woman look fit for her rank.

She couldn't help but glance around, but saw no trace of pups. Not her own or Skye's, though they could easily be in a room inside. “How are the children?” She had to ask first and foremost, just to get it off her mind. “Or rather, how's Bangle holding up?” She wasn't sure if Skye had seen them today, but a quick formality between mothers couldn't do any harm.

They all moved about Skye's porch; after the alpha took her seat, and then Shawchert settled in Orin moved next to the man and sat down. Her bushy tail curled around her forepaws, and the dainty woman sat up straight and dignified, looking strangely more catlike than wolfish. She looked at Shawchert as he spoke, then returned her gaze back to Skye.

“We've just been to AniWaya,” she reported, adding onto Shawchert's statement. “Things are... amiss... to say the least. We aren't certain if we can trust the girl we spoke to, but I honestly don't see why not. Between what we learned and the refugees' claims we can probably get a good idea of what's going on, and who to believe. And if things are as they seem,” she paused and shook her head. “It doesn't look good.” Her golden gaze went back to Shawchert, letting him take the reigns.

<style type="text/css">
.orinsonnet b {font-weight:bold; color:#810300; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #f5d9af; letter-spacing:.1px; }
.orinsonnet {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#e8b161; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... onnet1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #390200; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b2803; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

ooc

Skye smiled at Orin's questions of how the pups were - and Bangle. It was true that the former gypsy man needed almost as much attention as the pups did so he'd stay out of trouble. Excellently, she said. I think they went to the Oasis - something about 'showing them how to make things out of bones' or something, she said, a hint of a laugh on her face. It would be just like Bangle to teach their pups how to create things and craft before they could even shift.

She was distracted from the idea of her family, however, when Shaw said that they had come with news but needed information first. Slightly bemused, she was about to say something when Orin mentioned that they had been to AniWaya. Skye bristled slightly - Cercatori was holding refugees from the apparently overthrown pack, and she wasn't sure if they would retaliate or not, like Shiloh and Saxif had said that they had done to Crimson Dreams. Skye wanted to avoid that, but she couldn't send the refugees away now - they were weak and wouldn't last alone in the wild without care, and Skye wasn't a monster.

Are you sure it was a good idea to go to AniWaya? I know the girl you spoke to seemed trustworthy, but apparently we can't trust many people. Shiloh and Saxif had told me that AniWaya's new leader had raided Crimson Dreams for housing refugees as well. I don't want word out that we're housing people too unless we're sure of all the details and want to either help or stay neutral in this mess, she finished.

<style>
#oogla-text {font-family:georgia; serif; font-size:12px; width:95%; margin:0px auto; line-height:16px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

ooc murr

Shawchert looked down abashed as he let Skye have her say he cleared his throat and wished she’d answered what he asked though Orin had distracted the woman. He didn’t blame her, and he didn’t blame her for the fact she didn’t want the refugees known about ….

“Um... About that...

He said sheepishly.

“I mentioned them, but no their names. Honestly I am kicking myself still and Orin is as well! I swear it was in good intentions, I would like to know what the refugees said to see if their stories are the same....”

He said. He couldn’t look at his leader now, he felt like a puppy an old one, ready to get punished by his mother. It was a rare sight, but he did not want Skye of all people angry at him. He respected the woman much more than anyone could ever know. The moment Orin had bit him, he knew he did something stupid and he knew he’d never let it happen again. How he could slip up like that was not him. He was normally careful with what he said, but lately.... well whatever the case he would have to suck it up, work harder and take whatever punishments the capitana had for him.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]
ooc

She was happy to hear that the pups were doing well and that Bangle was surviving the ordeal of babysitting. She grinned and laughed softly at the thought of where they had gone. Teaching them to make things from bone? Well, that was very much Bangle's style, and Titania at least would get a kick out of that, but how would he ever do that when the pup's didn't have their hands yet? Well, it was Bangle, the resourceful, sly coy-wolf merchant. Orin wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to make it happen. She nodded, grateful for the news, and turned her attention back to the matter at hand.

Her ears laid back in worry when Skye expressed the very concerns Orin had, but Orin didn't know that AniWaya had actually raided Crimson Dreams on the basis of refugees in their borders. A shock of fear struck her heart and she shot an annoyed glance at Shawchert. What had he done? Orin's suspicions were right... if the leader of AniWaya found out that there were refugees there, the fight could very well be brought to their own doorstep; the place Orin thought was so safe.

Suddenly wanting not to be so close to Shawchert, she shifted, laying down on her side and facing away from the man, though still looking at her Alpha. Her tail twitched, occasionally rising and dropping to the ground like that of an annoyed cat.

“Yeah, she growled. “It appears one of us has a problem with discretion. I thought it couldn't do any harm, just a fact-finding mission. But apparently it was a fact-giving mission as well.” Part of her wanted to drop it, to let Shawchert's error slide and forgive him for the mistake. But now, with the sudden feeling that Cercatori might not be safe because of this, she couldn't let her temper subside.

Shawchert repeated his question, and Orin gave him a sidelong glance. Who was he anyway? Demanding answers from Skye – it's not as though he were the Captain anymore. She didn't have to answer to him. They should just give Skye the information they have up front. And, in fact, it was all information Orin had gotten from them anyway, after Shawchert clammed up once he stuck his foot in his mouth.

“Or maybe we should just tell our leader what we know?” she suggested bitterly, then looked away, her ears slanted back in annoyance. All of her wolfish body language screamed of her annoyance and opinion of Shawchert at the moment.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
400+

[/html]
[html]

wc: 300

Skye's ears immediately flattened as she heard what Shawchert had to say - he had told AniWaya that they were housing refugees. Her first instinct was to be furious, and anger distorted her facial expressions before she morphed it into one of ambiguity again, not wishing for her irritation to be shown so easily. AniWaya knew they were housing refugees, and not which ones. This posed problems.. many, many problems. If AniWaya's leader caught wind of this new information, they would raid Cercatori d'Arte; Skye was sure of that. She didn't know if any actual criminals had escaped from AniWaya, either, so the fact that Cercatori's refugees were nameless didn't help, but may hurt depending on the circumstances.

You should have spoken to me, she said - her voice was soft, rather than loud and angry, although it still held anger and irritation within it, as well as disappointment. Both of you - you should have asked me before wandering so close to territory where we didn't know what was happening, where two people came to us bloodied and beaten within an inch of their lives. And they were part of the pack! And now AniWaya knows that we've also been housing refugees, just like Crimson Dreams did. They don't know who we have - what if someone important had escaped from AniWaya and they thought we were housing them? she asked, her voice having raised none but the disappointment and irritation of the situation growing even more.

She knew that she shouldn't become even more angry at her packamtes, but her anger did grow at Shawchert's insisting that she give them more information about their guests. Her ears flattened even more, and her eyes narrowed. Orin's idea is a better one, she said, her voice still low and soft. What else happened there?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC: 302 OOC: Yeah shawchert is extremely sorry XD

Shawchert didn’t think things could get worse, but now both Orin and Skye were fuming. He couldn’t look at either, instead he found himself in between a rock and a hard place, falling to his knees in shame, was the start of it, and then speaking of what Ayasha had told them. He had been so used to being leader that though he respected Skye as his leader, he was treating her as his co leader still.

“Ayasha, she told us that they have a new leader from their great tribe, that he had said Dawali was a liar, that he wasn’t the real chief there. He seems to want to be with war with neighbors....

He cringed, knowing he possibly could have made Cercatori the next target.

“I guess he attacked Crimson dreams because he thinks pups refugees took with them belonged to AniWaya. And pretty much beating anyone who oppose him in AniWaya, he’s basically treating Dawali as a slave, and I don’t think he’s making it any easier on those who do not wish to do everything he says, from what Ayasha told me. We have offered supplies... with your permission, but it is not set in stone, we are to meet her within one week as well as Ralla, who seems to be taking over a resistance.”

He knew he must have forgotten something and Orin would speak out, he was just hoping there was no harsh punishment

“I will do anything I can to make up for my mistake.”

He said his tail tucked and eyes looking up at his leader pleading, yes he looked silly, but this was how any wolf would past, and mostly present, and he knew his mistake was enormous.

Table by Jenni/Kiri
[/html]
[html]
ooc Sulky Orin is sulky.

Orin was just about to shoot another gloating glance at Shawchert, but the fire in her eyes died when she heard Skye say 'both of you.' She was being chastised for this too? That wasn't fair, it was Shawchert's screw up. These thoughts filled her head in a split second, and she jerked her gaze back to Skye in time to hear the rest of her Alpha's admonishment. She was right, they had gone without thinking. They left knowing that there could be danger in AniWaya, and hadn't even consulted with her first. Orin's ears fell back and her head dropped onto her paws. She looked away from Skye, and the tail that had just been so catlike and annoyed a moment before tucked up beneath her. She whimpered softly, a full, canine submit to her alpha.

Yet still she managed to look contemptuous of Shawchert, posturing her respect only to Skye. “I'm sorry, my Capitana,” she croaked, fully subdued. So far, the gentle verbal lashing was all she'd received, but it was fully within wolf etiquette for Skye to see fit to further illustrate their place. “I didn't realize there would be as much harm in it. We just meant to survey the area, we didn't intend to speak to anyone. I should have spoken with you first.”

She kept her eyes turned away from Skye even as Shawchert began the story. She might have been jealous that he had the glory of telling their leader the information she had gathered, but there was no glory left in this anymore. The weight of what they had done felt like she has a ton of bricks piled on her shoulders. She didn't even want to listen. Grudgingly, an ear flicked to show that she had been paying attention despite herself. What had he missed?

“The situation is dire. Ayasha is just a child, I don't even think she's a yearling,” she said to her paws. After a second, she sighed and lifted her head from her paws, but never quite made eye contact with Skye. “Maska is the name of the man who claims to be their rightful chief. Ralla is Ayasha's mother; we didn't meet her but I asked if we could, and said we would return within a week. We don't have to go back, though, if it is against your wishes. I told her that if we are not there to not wait for us, and she has a way of signaling us if she is in danger as well. Dawali – the original AniWayan chief – has been reduced to a silent Omega, and he is forced to remain in Lupus form. Ayasha says Dawali is obedient to his punishment and will not disobey the new leader. If there is a resistance, I'm not confident Dawali would fight for his pack.”

“The youngling also told us that Maska is recruiting outsiders, his gang of henchmen. I assume these are the people he is getting to brutalize Dawali's loyalists,” she sighed again and put her chin on her paws again. “She hoped we could somehow keep loners away from their pack lands so he can't recruit more. I thought we could start a rumor that loners are being killed there... thought that might help them out, and it's much better than us trying to police wanderers.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
500+

[/html]