honey and sulphur
[html]
Shattered Coast. Sorry it's so short.

The sun shone warm and bright in a cloudless sky. The grass beneath her paws shimmered green gold, interrupted by the shadow of the trees above, and she slid through the forest with the scent of the ocean in her nose. Her encounter with the horse werewolf, Ever, had warmed her up to the place well enough for her to travel through it without anywhere near the anxiety she had experienced when she first arrived.

The gaps between the trees widened, opening to a cliff that towered over the beaches and ocean below. The collie-wolf had never seen such a sheer drop, and it brought a rush to her heart as she lowered her front half to gaze over the edge. Her eyes lifted from the rocky cliff side to the line between the ocean of ash and the sky of blue. Somewhere far beyond even the ocean was her home. Momentarily forgetting her task of finding a way down the beach to get close to the water, River instead sat back on her haunches near the edge and simply stared into the infinite distance.
[/html]
[html]

WC: 301 OOC: I'm sorry for the wait ; ;

Niro had always loved the cliffside that Cour des Miracles owned, it was massive, and it had many memories for him. One of which he would never forget. He had procured an egg from the cliff’s side, a dangerous feet in itself, and now the result sat on his shoulder. He was going to show Jiva the cliff, but he was nervous, he wasn’t sure he should Jiva was only four months old. He was a good boy and tended to listen to his father so when he told him how dangerous it would that he had to pay attention and listen to his daddy, Jiva was all alert, excited to see this place, and yet slightly nervous about it. Niro patted his son’s head before they headed out. About halfway there he had to start carrying the boy as he was complaining that the hill was too high for him, and Niro wanted to get there as soon as possible. As he came closer he could tell they weren’t the only visitors here, and coming through the final brush he saw a young wolf dog taking in the sights. Jiva was perked up at both the woman and the sheer drop off.

“I’ll keep a hold of you buddy, but don’t wiggle ok?” Niro whispered to the pup, then louder for the woman to hear, he wasn’t going to try to scare her, it was not a good idea. “Beautiful view huh?”

He asked smiling at the woman. He could feel Marahute shift as the eagle had a clear idea they were far up and close to a cliff, one of the golden eagle’s favourite perches. She loved high places, though she couldn’t fly anymore she still loved the breeze ruffling her feathers.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#0f0f1e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Sorin[/html]
[html]
<3 no problem!

River was transfixed by the view of the ocean that spanned so far, the surge of homesickness weighing heavily on her heart. She could not believe that she had been trapped and shoved into a boat where she had spent weeks without view of the sun, sickened by the roll of waves beneath the ship as she traveled further and further away from home. Looking across the ocean, she knew she could never return. Too much had changed, and the change was happening all around and within her with no hope of ever slowing or stopping.

Coal ears twitched as footsteps and a hushed voice broke her from her sorrowful reminiscing. She glanced over her shoulder to see a very strange-looking werewolf standing nearby. She stared at him a moment though he had already spoken to her, in wonder of the style of his mane, the eagle perched on his shoulder. But the child cradled in his arms caused a softness in her usually icy lilac-blue eyes. Finally, the wolfdog nodded, stealing a glance at the roaring ocean below before looking back at the shifted canine, his child and companion. It is very beautiful, she agreed, unable to keep the wistful tone from her voice. I am River Hati. Vat is your name? And ze child?

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug38 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3d6280; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebaug38 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug38 {margin:0 auto; width:459px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/blWqK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f9ba6; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f9ba6; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug38 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug38 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
Niro didn't mind the silence and he didn't press her, though Jiva was making excited exclamations, some about the sky and the sea meeting together, and others about seeing their home, even though he knew home was in another direction. Turning his head to her when she finally spoke, Niro smiled.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Miss River. My name is Niro Takekuro and this is my son Jiva."

He'd heard her accent and was reminded of someone, which in turn made him blush. She was not her though, thank goodness, or Niro might have just turned and walked the other way. Her voice was a slight reminder, however.

"If I may guess... you are from Russia?

He had heard enough Russian voices over the year and a half he resided in the kingdom, to know what an accent from there sounded like, and her's was almost as rich as Anatoliy's.
[html]

The little one was as energetic as little ones were, jabbering about many things at once. A smile pulled surreptitiously at the corners of her lips, her expression softening increasingly as she mildly watched the child's antics. She would never forget the most exciting time of the year when she had been a pack wolf in Russia, when the season's pups were just emerging from their mothers' dens, spurning joy within every member, including her. She had silently longed for children of her own, but had never been able to experience such a blessing. Perhaps that was part of her bitterness in general. Ze pleasure is mine, she returned dully, though her features remained pleasant.

His question caused her left brow to raise slightly. Obviously, there were other Russians around, which truly did not surprise her. The slave ship had been full of all manner of canines, and apart from that she was certain that others had been able to sail here of their own accord. Yes. I come from ze forests of Northern Russia, she explained, resisting the urge to turn away and gaze at the ocean once more. She did not wish to give him any other detail of her past, not at this point. River was not one to pour her heart out to strangers. Instead, her attention turned to the bird perched on the shifted wolf's shoulder. Was this another custom of the canines who resided here, to have birds, as well as horses, for friends? Ze bird, is it your... companion? she asked, stumbling slightly over the word she had learned only days before.
She knew the answer to the question already, but she spoke it with the hope of learning more. The idea of having a bird as a companion did not bother her nearly as much as having a horse, as wolves generally did not eat birds unless they were forced to.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug38 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3d6280; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.freebaug38 p {text-indent:0px; padding:6px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug38 {margin:0 auto; width:459px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/blWqK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f9ba6; padding: 130px 0px 8px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f9ba6; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.5px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug38 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug38 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]

WC: 392

Niro was proud that he was able to hear a russian accent when it came to his ears, but then he had plenty of practice. With Rurik, Liliya, and especially Anatoliy. He smiled and nodded, not really asking for her complete history. He was sure not to say much about his own. He guarded his very closely.

“I heard it is a wonderful place. We had a russian family live here at one point...”

The memory of Liliya came back and he frowned slightly. It had been his fault they broke apart and the hidden scar that Anatoliy had given him was a reminder that he was blamed for it too. Niro wouldn’t forget and he knew Anatoliy wouldn’t either. They would never be friends. He brought his smile back.

“Anatoliy has stayed though, he’s.... nice enough.

He was making it more awkward for himself, so he stopped and felt the need to stroke his son’s nape, and look out to the ocean. He felt a wave of seasickness and he wasn’t even on the water. Looking back at land he did feel better immidiately. His trip from Florida to Cour des Miracles was one he’d learned he was no good with the water, waves, and seafarring. At her question he looked back at her and at Marahute who wiggled her wings at the attention.

“Yes, she’s like a daughter to me, I hatched her over a year ago, she’s still a fledgling, but unfortunately someone shot her with an arrow. She’s probably crippled for life.”

He said sadly. He would divulge any information about his birds to anyone who had any slgiht interest. He turned to River, a sad smile on his face.

“I hope she isn’t crippled for life though. The sky has always been her home. She has not shown any interest in flying, maybe an inner fear of sorts.

He said. Yes hopefully it was something that could be remedied too. He didn’t like seeing his bird looking helpless as she watched any bird soaring through the sky. He knew what she was thinking and he agreed with her. She believed she could fly better than them... or used to. She had been an exceptional flyer even considering her “Father” was land bound.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]