Its a nasty habit
[html]

halifax mid day

Aeron had made it her job to get the den ready for pups and more livable for herself. She had started finding things that were left in Halifax she also was making plans to get a hold of her contact and see if he could bring her some furs. She should have traded some things with him then but she didn't.

Patting elzar she smiled as he snorted at her. "Its just another adventure, maybe I'll find you a nice female? she teased as he stamped his foot looking at her. The two seemed as if nothing had ever come between them. She laughed as she held the rope and lead him deeper into the falling town.

She wanted to check her snares and see if anything was caught in them. hoping that this place was slightly better for other critters even fox pelts would make her happy. She looked at him as she moved towards the end of a building that had seen better days. one side of it crumbled from weather and another side starting to go it would be nothing but rubble soon.

Stopping she reached into a pouch pulling out a cigarette, what a nasty habit one that she had picked up from her mate. Sighing she shrugged she have to get more tobacco to make more they were running low though aeron didn't smoke much. smiling she took a drag and sighed releasing the smoke.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aer-template p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.aer-template p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.aer-template b {color:#FFFF33;}
.aer-template .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... rtable.png); height:182px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#000000; width:500px;}
.aer-template {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCCCC; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Rurik had been to Halifax before, but only in passing. He had never stayed and looked around the ruins to see what was held inside. He doubted anything was worth keeping, but there was only one way to find out. He was just coming into the city limits when he looked up and noticed the sun. "Noon already?! Where has the day gone..." He said to himself, twirling his black bow staff/walking stick aimlessly. He had woken up early that morning to come to Halifax, hoping to get here before the heat of the day set in, but no such luck. He flipped back the black hood on his black cloak and shook his head to fluff up his hair, which had been pressed down by the hood. "Well, the day isn't getting any longer..." Shifting his pack on his back he headed into the city to see what he could find.

He searched threw the first few buildings he came to, but found nothing but over growth and rubble. The same could be said for the next few buildings. After a bit he stopped. "This is just depressing...normally I find something, maybe not worth keeping, but at least something." He stood in the middle of the street and twirled his bow staff idly, thinking about what to do next. Should he continue on and continue searching the buildings with the chance that they are all empty? Or should he stop now and leave? Decisions, decisions.

After some though he decided to continue his search, hoping to stumble upon some little treasure. Heading down the street he came to a larger building, one that could have been a warehouse of some sort at one point, but now it was nothing but over grow, rusting metal. That didn't stop Rurik from being curious though. Using his dagger he cut away the vines that had grown over the door. With that done he tried to open it, only to hand the door knob literally crumble in his hand. "That's great..." He muttered, looking at the pile of rust on the ground. With a sigh he backed up a step or two. Then, with a sharp intake of breath and a grunt, he did a forward kick on the door and knocked it inwards with a loud crack. "Maybe I put too much 'oomf' in it..." He said with a slight grin to himself. Poking his head threw the door way he looked around. He didn't smell anything except for metal and the foliage that had taken over the place. "Hello?! Anyone home?!" He called out, getting an echo in response. With a shrug he ventured into the building to see what it might old inside.
[html]

halifax mid day

Aeron pulled on the rope making Elzar move as she continued on her way. She had to admit, she was loving the taste of her bad habit. She looked at the black stallion as he quietly followed. The sounds that came from the land were those of a crumbling reign.

Aeron had not made it into many of the buildings here for many she feared would be empty from years of others getting into them. The sound of thunder roared through the area as elzar jumped almost onto her. Aeron's gaze hit the metal shack not to far from her. She could not believe such a thing was still standing. the sound it made and nearly given the pair a heart attack.

It wasn't until after she noted the sound that seemed to come from the other side of it a call? She looked at the horse giving a signal the pair moved at ease towards the building. "hello" Aeron called making her way around the steel building. Her call muffled by the cigarette. She pulled it out of her mouth calling again. "Hello" spotting the man entering the building.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aer-template p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.aer-template .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... rtable.png); height:182px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#000000; width:500px;}
.aer-template {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCCCCC; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Had Rurik been paying better attention, he might had heard Aeron's call, but he wasn't so he didn't. Exploring into the building a little ways he didn't really see much other than rusting metal and plants. There He kept going in spite of this. In front of him was a wooden door that looked like it had been threw hell and back. Rurik nudged it with his staff and it fell off it's hinges. "Well alright then, be that way..." He he said, sticking his tongue out at the door and continuing on. The room he had just come from was what had seemed to be an entry way of some sorts, so naturally there hadn't been anything in there, this new room however looked to be like a large stock room. Large metal racks went up nearly to the ceiling and on each of these racks was large metal containers. A gleeful smile began to creep across Rurik's expression as he went to examine the containers.

Several of them looked like they had either fallen to disrepair and ruined what ever was on the inside, or already been looted by something. As Rurik walks along the rows of containers he began to get discouraged again. It looked like all of the containers were empty or their contents ruined already. With a huff of irritation he leaned against the wall. "There's probably a hundred containers in this one room...and who knows how many rooms there are. Searching all of these things would take forever..." He chewed on a claw as he mulled over what to do, too deep in his own thoughts to pay much attention to the world around him.
[html]

halifax mid day

Releasing the reigns of her horse she smiled giving him a signal to wait. She moved into the building pulling back her white hood as she looked around. Light was dim in the aging building, holes in the roof allowed sunlight to trickle through like water.

the golden coyote moved in to fallow the other who had ignored her. Swift and quiet she moved to follow him though she figured if the man could use his nose he'd smell the cig in her mouth. "hey you are you deaf?" she asked as she stopped and looked at what he had found.

Aeron stared at the containers what things could she bring home from those. She smiled maybe she could find the stuff she needed returning her attention to the man she stared. "Aeron ganesa and you are?" she asked.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
Rurik could smell the burning cigarette as soon as Aeron entered the building. Without thinking about he checked his katana and dagger, making sure they were still where they should be before she entered the container room. He made no move toward her, nor did he answer her right away. He simply flicked his eyes over to her and watched her, remaining where he was on the wall. He saw her eying the boxes he had found, which irritated him a bit.

After a few seconds of mental debating he answered her. "Rurik Ivanov, and if you're thinking about raiding the containers then don't. It looks like most of them have already been pillaged or have rusted threw and ruined what ever was inside." He commented, looking away from her and up to the ceiling. With a sigh he pushed off the wall and headed toward a door on the far end of the room, opposite the way he came in. "Although there are more rooms, you're welcome to search them, but I would ask that you stay away from where I search..." It wasn't a threat, but rather friendly advice. He waved to her without turning around. "Nice meeting you Aeron..." He didn't expect her to follow him, and he kind of hoped she didn't, the cigarette was beginning to irritate his nose.
[html]

halifax mid day

Aeron looked at the male. God wasn't he a mood killer. She had to admit it was men like him made her want to slaughter the whole race. Though she had to note the fact the man was armed. She looked at the containers, there had to be things that were good still left in them. She wanted to bring things home to her mate.

the mans name hit her like a brick for the way he said it and the way he acted. Dropping her cigarette. she placed a paw on it smiling as she looked at him. "I doubt it is nice." she stated following him. ater all if it came to conflict she did not care. She wanted to find things and she would. The golden woman was not below pissing others off.

Do not tell me you have an issue with coyote's. She said as she moved past him slightly. moving her hooded cape a bit reaching for her own weapon. She was a woman with the will to fight and nothing would stop her she wanted to but bringing things home for Io meant more. What brings you here. she asked turning her golden gaze on to him. She stalked in a way her mind in a hunter like mode.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
Rurik's eye twitched a bit when he realized she was following him. It wasn't that he didn't like her, it's that she smelled like smoke and...other wolves? He hadn't noticed it before, but when she went past him he caught the scent of other wolves on her, faint but still there. He instantly drew 2 conclusions. One: she had a family and those scents were them, or two: she was a pack wolf, in which case he needed to be careful of her.

Once they both entered the second room, which was the same kind as the last, he answered her. "No, I don't have a problem with coyotes, I have a problem with that cigarette you were smoking. Thank you for putting it out by the way." He walked over to the wall and leaned his staff against it, then he took of his cloak and hung it on the staff by the hood. Now she would be able to see his katana and dagger. He took off his katana and set it next to his staff, but left his dagger on. "And what brings me here...simply the hunt for useful or interesting things. What about you?" He asked, and headed for the middle shelf, since it didn't seem too rusted. Last time the shelves had been too rusted to climb, but this time they didn't seem that way. He tested the bottom shelf with a paw, putting most of his weight on it to see if it would hold him. The metal groaned loudly but held. Now that he was sure, or at least mostly sure, that the shelves wouldn't fall with him on them he began to climb. He wanted to see if the top looked any better than the bottom.
[html]

halifax mid day

Aeron didn't take any time looking around not going through things but looking her eyes checking to see what was in this room. She had to though listen to what the man was saying or else her response would be umm what.

You could have asked me I would have done it. And I know its such a nasty habit." she said gruffly. Her mind turned to seeing what kind of condition the containers were in. she would love to bring more things home to her mate so they could start a family.

Hmm turning to the man who was starting to climb she leaned against a wall. "My mate wants pups, and well I'd do anything to please her. So before we can have children we need bed stuff and well she's the one who got me in that nasty habit. I'm hoping to find her some tabacco, because my trader isn't in town for another few weeks." She said as she smiled.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
Rurik listened as he climbed. As he passed each container he checked to see what kind of condition was in. "I would have but I would have considered it rude since we've only just met." He said, now on the 5th shelf. Finally, he found a container that wasn't ruined. Luckily, the lock was rusted mostly off. With a quick tap of his fist it fell off and hit the floor below. Just as he was about to open the container, what Aeron said registered. He glanced back over his shoulder to look at her. "Alright...she's defiantly female...but she said her mate was a she..eh, what ever" He shrugged to himself and opened the container. "Well if there's anything in here I'll let you know" He said, and pulled himself into the container.

There were several boxes, but only a few of them looked like they had anything in them. He opened the one closest to him and was greeted by a rather large spider. He quickly closed the box and pulled out his dagger. "Alright...it's just a spider..." He muttered to himself, and opened the box again. With a quick stab he killed the spider and tossed it out of the container to splat on the floor 5 shelves below. He cleaned out the webs and shuffled around inside the box. "So...what kind of bed stuff are you looking for?" He called down to Aeron.
[html]

halifax mid day

Aeron snorted. "Manners had you asked kindly I would have being rude would have gotten you no where. she said as she looked at some of the lower containers. She figured they would be in better condition then the upper ones because the lower ones needed to hold up the higher ones.

"No need to look for me.she called up. she tapped on a container and smiled when the sound was anything but hallow. Taking her fist she pounded on the door and knocked the rust and and other thing hindering it off. She opened the door as she sighed. God it was dark in these thing. Poking her head out of the container she looked up. "Some of these lower ones are filled with stuff and the containers look to be in pretty good shape. these things that the humans had made were heavy and most humans were not as strong as the luperci. She shrugged as she poked her head back in.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
When she mentioned something about not needing to look for her, he looked out of the box he was in and down at her. He looked in time to see her pound on the metal door, making the whole shelf shake and vibrate. He clutched the side of the box he was in, hoping that the shelves wouldn't fall. "Geez lady....don't you know rusted metal is weak?"He muttered to himself, and went back to searching threw his container.

The box that had held the spider was the first thing he looked threw. Opening it back up carefully, he saw nothing but blankets and quilts. "That's not disappointing at all..." He said sarcastically. He picked up the blankets and tossed them to the side, revealing more blankets. He tossed them to the side as well. What he saw next made his eyes light up a bit. Below the quilts, mostly untouched by the outside world, was a small, shiny, wooden box, like the ones used to hold small weapons and such. Rurik picked up the box carefully. It looked like the only thing that had touched it since it was put in there was the spider. Carefully, he opened it, unsure of what may be hidden inside.

He held his breath as he slowly opened the lid, slowly revealing the....empty space that should hold a dagger set. His eye twitched in irritation and he snapped the lid closed. "Piece of junk..." He muttered, and tossed the box over with the blankets. He looked around the rest of the container to see if there was anything else. Unfortunately, there wasn't. With an irritated sigh and pushed the blankets and the dagger box out of the container, allowing them to fall to the floor below, then, with a small hop, he followed and landed softly on top of the blankets. He looked over at Aeron to see if she had had better luck that he had. "Did you find anything worth keeping?" He asked, trying (and failing) to hide the disappointment in his voice.
[html]

halifax mid day

Aeron had to find blankets and tobacco. it was todays mission and she just couldn't go home empty handed. The crate had empty boxes in the front that looked raided and there was no point in looking at them. Moving in deeper she began reading a couple of boxes she smiled. they had army written on them. She was hoping it would be things like rations, because they sent cigarets and replacement knives to troops.

She heard him say something and moved towards the edge and poked her head up. I haven't found anything yet though there's a few unopened army boxes. she stated as she stepped out a bit. "Have you found anything? I could use some blankets back home." she stated. "Were you looking for anything special?" She figured she should ask. After all the man wasn't retarded like most.

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
When Aeron said "army boxes" his interested was instantly piqued. He had to hold himself back from rushing past her to investigate the military issued supply boxes. "Well...I found some blankets and quilts...and an empty dagger box." He said, patting the stack of covers he was sitting on "You can have them if you want...I don't need them." He though about the last question for a second. He never really had a specific thing he was looking for, it was more of 'what ever I can find' kind of deal with him. "Not really...although some lighter fluid would be handy. I'm nearly out." He said, trying to think of anything else he could need, but coming up dry.

OOC: Short post is pathetically short...sorry >.<
[html]

Aeron nodded then realized he wouldn't be able to see it. "Thanks they will come in handy" she said as she moved back into the container. She was glad that she had good hearing because she could hear what he wanted. She was excited to open the boxes that looked well enacted. She wondered how others had missed a few of these things.

Aeron snarled as she tried to pry open the boxes. She pulled out a knife and started to jiggle the wood and nails. She was getting angry that these nails were not coming out as easy as they should be. The golden woman dropped her silver blade in order to get a good grip on the wooden box.

”Man this stupid thing doesn’t want to open She said as she finally broke the seal. Falling backwards her body hit the metal wall causing and echo that nearly made her deaf. She wanted to hide from the sound but the wooden box was finally opened her just hoped the second one was easier.

Aeron picked up her knife and put it away as she started to pick through the contents of the container. Other wolves may not have gotten into it but mice had there were a few holes that she could see through and food packages had been gnawed through. She snarled and pulled the empty things onto the floor. Gross

table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
Rurik sat on the blankets, waiting for Aeron to come out. He was busying himself with examining his claws when a loud bang resounded from the container that made him jump. The sound hurt his ears terribly and his hands snapped up to cover them until the noise died down. He glanced cautiously at the container that Aeron was in. Standing up, he decided to take a peak inside. "Everything ok in here?" He asked out loud as he walked into the container. The first thing he noticed was the army boxes Aeron had mentioned before, in particular the one that she had managed to get open. Then, he noticed the empty food packages on the floor and assumed that that was all that was going to be in that box. There was enough room in the container for them both to move around somewhat, so Rurik decided to try another box. This one was over to the side a bit and covered in a layer of dust. Wiping off the dust on top, he revealed a word that looked like it had been spray painted onto the box with a stencil. "Munition...Hey Aeron, any idea what a mution is?" He had never heard of the word, and wasn't entirely sure what to make of it. He wondered if Aeron knew anything about it, or if she would be just as confused as he was.
[html]

OOC stuffs

Aeron nodded as she looked at him. Of course she was fine just the stupid box being stupid. She had no idea why he came down to see her. Maybe it was his curiosity on what was in the box that drove him to come and see.

Aeron looked at him as she frowned. 'Muntion?' "do you mean Ammunition?" She asked as she looked at him. "If thats what it is theres nothing in there worth anything its all crap" she said as she looked at the box he was looking at. Almost all weaponry of humans was of no use no working condition and she doubted that any of it was in there any how. "Could find out whats in it."

<style>
.aerong .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#ad7560; }
.aerong p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.aerong b {color:#ad7560; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.aerong {background-color:#866155; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.aerong .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c2b22; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:412px; margin-top:-80px; text-align:justify; padding:-80px 0px 10px 0px; }
.aerong-border {width:412px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC Here!

Rurik stared at the black-on-green letters as he as Aeron spoke. As true as what she said might have been, he still wanted to see what was inside. Who knew, there might be a few working pieces. He used his dagger to pry open the box, the rusted nails giving away easily enough. Once there was a wide enough space between the top and the side of the box he wiggles his fingers in and pulled up, the lip coming away with the squeaking sound of old wood on old wood. Tossing the lid to the side he looked into the box. Inside was several rusted looking pieces of metal that could have been guns and ammo at one point in time, but where no more. But just because the top was crap didn't mean there wasn't something else deeper in the box. He started moving the guns around.

Then, success. Near the bottom of the pile, past the brown and black of decaying metal, he saw a glint of silver stainless steel. Picking it up carefully, he held it up for Aeron to see. "And you said that I wouldn't find anything..." He said rather smugly. He held the object gingerly as he examined it. The outside seemed alright. The metal was only a little rusted in a few places, so the only problem was that it was rather dirty. As he looked it over he noticed a small button on the stock of the weapon. He pressed it and the clip started to slide out, but he caught it before it fell all the way out and slide it back in until it clicked. "I wonder if it works..." He wondered out loud. Holding it how he figured it would be held, he pointed it at the floor and pulled the trigger. Normally, there would have been a bang followed by the ring-ting of a wild ricocheting of a bullet. Instead, there was a soft 'snap-ting-snap-click' sound as the inner workings of the gun snapped apart and broke inside. Rurik sighed, disappointed. "Well...that sucks, but I still think I'll keep it." He said, tossing it out of the container to land among the blankets and knife box he found.

<style>
.rurikk .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent:7px; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk p {padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent: 10px; font-size:12px;}
.rurikk b {color:#3399FF; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.rurikk i {color:#6D6D6D; font-size:13px;}
.rurikk {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... e/moon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 400px; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Aeron wished he had stayed up where he was. He just made her want to not be around him at times. Though they had only just met he emitted this annoying aura about him. She shrugged as he opened the box. What was inside was something she'd only seen a few time which never worked. They were rusty or damaged she figured it would be the same. But then again she wondered if it did work what would happen.

Rurik pointed the gun at the ground pulling the trigger nothing happened. Aeron burst out laughing. "Well now its good for nothing but a blunt weapon." She said. Wondering why he even bothered to try. Why was it that he didn't believe her? Shifting around she busted open another crate a smile on her face as she looked at him. "Now this is far more useful." she said opening her bag stuffing the two bags of Tobacco into it.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug32 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1d1c14; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.freebaug32 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug32 {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#64645c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6zFcK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1d1c14; padding: 5px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8a8a77; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug32 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug32 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / +yo numbah!

Rurik's nose wrinkled at the smell of the tobacco, before Aeron even pulled it out of the box. He sniffed once and had to resist a sneeze from the smell agitating his nose. "How can you stand that crap? It smells awful." He said, snorting lightly and shaking his head to try and rid himself of the smell. After a few seconds he grew used to it, or as used to it as he was going to get, and continued to dig around the boxes. He found a few individual gun cases, like the ones used to hold sniper rifles, but they were all empty. He did manage to find a chain that went to something, but he didn't know what it could have been. Even so, chains are just one of those things that you keep because you never know what you may need one.

He only searched for a few minuets longer before he grew tired of looking threw rusted metal, splintering wood, and old plastic wrap. Without glancing at Aeron he left the container to gather what he had found; the gun, the box, and the chain. He placed the chain inside of the box and then into his backpack. The pistol he examined for a moment before stuffing it into the backpack as well. With that done he shoulders his pack again and looked into the container at Aeron. "It was a pleasure meeting you Aeron...but I'm afraid I must go now. Tata!" He said, giving her a single wave with his hand and walking off, leaving the blankets on the ground for her if she wanted them. He left the same way he had come in and back up the road, out of Halifax

<style type="text/css">
.rurikky b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d7d9c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1c2941;}
.ruriky p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ruriky {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#3f4c65; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/e6tzj7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 250px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8d8b7b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.ruriky p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.ruriky p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]