[m]Concious Fists
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

OOC:I left it open for ya, you don't have to meet up with shaw at all, shaw can find him, but that can be totally up to you! Put mature up prematurely because.... well.... we get more views? Oh wait no, shaw is a derp and tends to forget!!

The humiliation Taliesin had given him was too much, he couldn't face Orin, though he took his time to be with his daughters if they wished, but he tended to the borders closely now. How could he let some puny little pipsqueak get the best of him? He'd been quick, and hard to catch, even at normal standards. Shawchert grumbled under his breath. It had been a good few days since the fight, but he wasn't about to go to Thornbury. No he'd been thinking a good deal about it. This was a sign, possibly stating that they couldn't be together. Shaw had recalled what he loved about her, and most of that attitude she showed was few and far between even before everything happened. He knew he loved her, but he would have to give her up eventually, and he knew this.

Shawchert was nearing the border tree, taking a look at it. The giant tree was colorful from stump to the leaves. It was something they were taking tradition in. Soon it wouldn't be just this tree that was decorated, it would be others, surrounding their territory, but this one would always be special to Shawchert, for it was his marking that he'd been the leader here he had started this pack, even though he was no longer in charge now. A scent caught his nose and he moved towards it. His senses now entirely on this scent. Someone was in or near their pack uninvited.
"Pack borders, back porders....these guys probably have some pretty interesting stuff, and if get in and get out without being seen then it isn't stealing...is it?" Rurik was trying to justify invading Cercatori D'Arte's borders as he drew closer to them. What he was doing was going against everything he knew in one way or another. Stealing and trespassing on pack territory were the two primary things since he hated thieves and disliked packs. He was only doing this because he hadn't had much luck finding anything too interesting as of late and figured that it had all been packed by the packs. Cercatori D'Arte sounded fancy, which meant they would have fancy things...made sense to him!.

As he drew closer to the border a feeling of uneasy began to come over him. "Maybe...maybe I shouldn't....I mean if I'm caught they'll probably tear me limb from limb." He paused and sat down on a stump, setting his pack and bow staff/walking stick down. "The reward is probably worth the risk though, assuming that my hunch is right and they actually have stuff worth taking." He fought with himself for a bit, going back and forth between going on or turning back. Eventually he decided to go on, but, if he didn't find anything within the first hour he would get the heck out of dodge.

Picking his pack and staff back up he continued on. He wasn't far from the border now, and managed to reach it in just a few minuets. He waited, using a bush as cover to see if anyone was coming. A few tense seconds of waiting told him that the cost of clear and he crossed the border. As soon as he did, a chill shot up his spine, like he had just walked over his own grave. He ignored it and slowly made his way into the territory.

OOC: just in case it wasn't clear in the post, he's in optime form, lol
OOC: Ok since Orin making a nice big family thread for friday morning and I don't know the types of injuries that Shaw will be recieving is it ok to predate for Friday afternoon? Also Shaw is in Optime as well Smile

Shawchert could take in the scent much clearer now, yes it was a trespasser and he had not come too long. Shawchert scanned the area, and soon caught sight of a figure slinking through the trees. Yes it was definitely not one of his own. Baring his teeth, he moved behind this man. As silent as the large brute could. All of his past worries were forgotten, about Sky possibly choosing Taliesin, about being beaten by the little punk, and Orin's previous anger towards him. Everything was gone, but the thought that this man might actually do harm to one of his girls, or pack mates. This would not fly.

"You have deliberately passed through the borders of Cercatori d' Arte, we do not take kindly to trespassers."

Shawchert growled at the man. If this man didn't have a good reason for being in the pack lands for any good reason at all, he'd find himself chasing the man out. After everything that had happened beyond these borders Shaw has sworn to make them safe again. For the rest of his life.
Rurik hadn't made it very far when he heard a faintly rustling behind him. At first he thought it was a rabbit or something, until what ever made the rustling spoke. He froze in his tracks. "Stupid stupid stupid! How could you let yourself get caught this early!" He mentally berated himself. "Well too late now Rurik...you're caught, get uncaught..." He didn't answer the man's statement, assuming you could answer a statement anyways, for a few seconds as he tried to think of what he should do.

His gut told him to run, run like a scared little girl and hide behind a rock somewhere, although it was likely that he would end up being chased and then killed later, so that wasn't any good. Logic was telling him to use words to try and get out of this, play the "I'm lost" card. It was doubtful that would work either since it was fairly obvious he had been sneaking, but it was better than running. Without turning around, he spoke to the man. "I apologize sir, I'm rather new to these lands and I am still trying to figure out the territories of others. If you would be so kind, I'll be on my way now." This...was a lie. Rurik had been here long enough to know exactly where each and every pack border was, and that he shouldn't cross them lest he face death. It was the best he had, so he had to hope it worked. With slow steps, he turned around and began heading the way he had come, which would take him directly past the man that had caught him. He didn't look at him, but instead kept his eyes on the ground, hoping the man wouldn't stop him.

OOC: I'm fine with that
Shawchert clenched his teeth. He did not believe this man for one second. He narrowed his eyes, but it seemed that he was leaving. Shawchert folded his arms over his chest and watched him, before following a foot or so away to make sure the man DID leave.

"I would suggest you learn to SMELL around the area then. Normally packs have scent markers.

The man growled. This was his way of telling this stranger he knew that he was lying, but Shaw would allow him to leave. If he left that was fine by the big male, but in the back of his mind he would keep an extra eye out within the next day or so just in case this.... wolf decided to come back.
Rurik glanced over his shoulder uneasily as the man followed him, and saw for the first time how must larger, or taller at least, the man was than him. Just from that glance he could see that there was at least a 2 foot difference in their heights, with Rurik on the bad end of that stick. He quickly looked back forward and began devising a plan to get back into the lands. As he was walking he glanced off to his left and not too far off he could see a very large tree. Tree's were wood. Wood burned. Fire made for excellent distractions. Rurik grinned as a plan unfolded in his head, one that would probably get him skinned alive by an angry pack of wolves, but at least he would get to set something on fire first. When the man made his comment about sniffing out the pack borders, Rurik didn't respond.

He reached the border and crossed it quickly, but once he had he stopped and turned to face Shaw, being sure to keep his eyes on the ground. "Again...I am sorry for trespassing..." He hesitated for a moment, and then flipped his hood onto his head, turned, and walked away.
Shawchert was glad to get rid of the trespasser, though he apologized, the man knew that he would be more trouble than he was worth. this was a feeling the large brute had. Shawchert watched as the man pulled his hood up and walked away. Shawchert turned back to the border tree, the thing he'd been looking at before the trespasser had entered the pack lands. Sighing he moved along, this time low and in his hopes unnoticed, because he was finding a spot to hide near the tree. He'd seen the man glance at it, and wondered if he would try to get in again from around here if only with interest to the border tree. He didn't know the man's other intentions, but Shawchert just had the feeling he wasn't done here. Shawchert hid in some thicket, laying low and letting his eyes scan the area just in case the man came back. Later he would look back wondering if it was more a ploy for someone else to get in, but now it was all about the loner.
"Don't look back...don't look back..." Rurik told himself as he speed walked away from the border. he wanted to look back and see if the man was still there, watching him leave, but something told him that would be a bad idea. He kept walking until he came to an embankment that led down to a creek. He hoped slightly and landed in the cold water, now hidden by the bank. He slipped his pack off and set it on a dry spot next to him and leaned his staff against the bank on the other side. Then, he turned around and peaked over the bank at the way he had just come. He didn't see anyone, but then a good guard is never seen until it was too late, and the man had already shown he could be sneaky. Rurik cursed under his breath and rolled over to lay on his back on the bank. He had to think of a plan if he wanted to get into the territory.

It would probably be best to wait until night fall to make the man think he had left the area, plus night would offer him great cover to sneak in. However, if he waited too long more guards might show up and make getting in impossible, so if he was going to get in he had to do it soon. There always was the option of the distraction, and that tree he had seen looked pretty important, and really flammable. Fire was always a good distraction, so all he had to do was set the tree alight, scurry away before anyone noticed, wait for everyone to come running, the sneak in unseen. The down side was in if he got caught he would probably be the pack's next meal. The thought made him swallow hard, but didn't deter him from his goal. Now all he had to do was wait until the right time. So, he decided to take a nap while he waited, he'd need the extra energy for all the running and lifting he was gonna be doing.

His nap lasted until the sun began setting and dark began creeping over the land. Now would be the perfect time to light a fire. He rolled over onto his belly and peaked over the bank again to check if anyone was around. He saw no one so he began prepping his plan. He wouldn't need his katana so he left it by his pack on the bank. He would however need his lighter fluid and matches to start the fire, so he grabbed those from his pack and picked up his staff.

He climbed back over the bank, keeping as low to the ground as he could without actually crawling, just in case there were any unseen sentries. He made his way over to the tree as quickly and quickly as he could, using other trees and scrubs as cover. Once he made it he let his staff rest against the tree trunk and unscrewed the cap on the metal lighter fluid container. It wasn't until now that he noticed the markings on the tree. Names, words, and other sorts of random art were covering the tree. He wasn't sure what it all meant, but it seemed important. What did he care? He wasn't apart of the pack, and never would be. He grabbed his staff and splashed some of the fluid onto the trunk and then made a small trail away from it, like a fuse to a bomb. He was about 20 feet away from the tree when he stopped and struck his match. "Well, here goes nothing." He said, and dropped the match onto the fluid, which caught almost instantly. Unfortunately the ground was getting damp with the cooling air, making the fire follow the fluid rather slowly. He could only sit and hope that no one came along and saw what he was doing.
Shawchert was not a dumb man, and he'd waited, ever vigilante, though he nearly dozed off, only movement caught him off guard and he sat up, but made sure that he was not seen. He couldn't tell who it was or what was going on... that was until the fire was lit.... the face of the man burned bright for a second before it was dropped to the ground where it started to slowly spread. Shawcher'ts heart leapt, he'd come from the border tree. Growling he rushed from his hiding spot, dirt in his hands already, quickly stamping it out, but he didn't give the man any time to flee. Shawchert snarled as he lunged at the man to bowl him over to the ground. Shawchert cared deeply for traditions of the pack, as well as anything that linked him to the making of it. He did not take kindly to someone deliberately destroying it.
First, Rurik felt confusion at why his fire was suddenly gone. Then, he felt fear when he heard the snarl. then more fear when he saw a rather angry looking man lunging at him. On reflex he brought his staff up into a guard position, putting it between himself and the man. As soon as the man hit his staff he pushed away and to the side, putting some distance between them. "Well....this certainly is an awkward situation isn't it?" Rurik said halfheartedly. "I don't suppose you could let me off with a warning again could you?" He knew the man wouldn't, so he got into a defensive position with his staff; left foot forward with most of his weight on his back foot if he needed to move, his staff parallel with him and his left hand forward and right hand ready to come up into a block. He didn't want to fight, to be honest if the man did let him go he would probably never come near this place again.
Shawchert had misjudged the mans strength and in the dead of the night he missed the staff so when the man pushed him off he was almost nearly utterly surprised. he knew this man was up to no good. What was funny was he was hoping to get another get away free card. Shawchert wasn't about to let the near vandalism of the border tree go unpunished. Shawchert didn't' answer. He wasn't about to go on a monolog wit the man, the pure anger that anyone would try to desecrate not just something visible as part of their borders but their first monument as a pack. He could see the man poised to fight. He had a weapon, Shawchert did too, but he wouldn't use it unless the man brought out something heavier.

"You expect to get away scott free after nearly burning one of our most precious things? I gave you a WARNING.

And a warning was all it should have taken. Shawchert knew he would have to use his brains more as this man clearly knew how to fight. Well so did shaw. He feinted to the left, in hopes the man would take the bait and aimed a hard bite to the man's right arm instead. He was going to teach this man why he shouldn't be coming into the borders and vandalizing their stuff.
Rurik recognized a feint when he saw one, but he didn't really want to fight. When the man aimed a bit for his right arm, Rurik pivoted to the left, making the man go past him instead. "Come on now! Fighting really isn't necessary is it?" He said, taking a few steps back away from the man. "I mean...it's just an old tree isn't it?" Rurik had no idea why the man was so upset over him trying to burn down the tree, since it seemed that that was why he was mad, not the Rurik had tried to invade the borders again. He continued to back up, obviously not wanting confrontation.
OOC: I'm sorry this thread is aparently going a different direction and I am not having shaw look like the bad guy Sad

Shawchert focused himself, and forced himself to calm down. He wasn't about to attack again for no reason, but boy did this kid boil his blood. Standing full height after the miss, Shawchert stared down at him forcing his rage down even after the man asked what mattered about the tree...

"This OLD TREE represents my pack. It represents everything I made. From one member to another. It is also in CERCATORI border!"

The fur on the back of shawchert's neck was raised and he was simply waiting for the man to run off. He would continue to patrol the rest of the night, and have Orin help in the morning, but he would NOT allow this man, who nearly desecrated something special, to come into his lands. He balled up his fists but he made no move to attack again, the first time was a mistake, blind fury, and now he had control of himself he would do what he could to defend his pack, but not brutalize a stranger even though he'd crossed the borders... twice.

"I suggest you find another place to destroy. If you set another foot here, you will be taken to the leader of the pack who will see fit to what your punishment will be."

He growled his last and final warning.
OOC: Eh >.< that happens....and sorry if my attack doesn't make sense >.> rushed typing

IC:
Rurik listened carefully to what the man was saying, watching him for any sudden moves. He seemed to be calm now, but one could never be to careful. Rurik could see that the man was pretty pissed off, and was beginning to think that maybe he should leave, but there was some part of him that wanted to go on. "So...that old tree represents your pack does it? I take it that all those markings are from members of the pack...so if I burned it down, it would be like I was burning a piece of all of your pack mates..." He sounded more calm than he actually was. When the man suggested that he find some other place to destroy, he couldn't help but smirk a bit. "And be greeted just the same as I have been here? No thanks, I try to finish what I start." Something had suddenly shifted in him. Before, he hadn't wanted to fight, but now he didn't care. He didn't care if the man attacked him, he didn't care if the man called the rest of the pack to them, he just didn't care. He suddenly wanted to fight with the man, just to see who would win. He had never felt like this before, it was rather disturbing to him.

He had his staff held in his right hand, his left empty. Without warning, he stepped forward and spun backwards, making his staff swing out so he was now holding the end and it was parallel to the ground. He continued to spin, swinging his staff for the side of Shaw's head.
OOC: Hopefully i got the idea of your attack Smile

Shawchert had a bad taste in his mouth about this man. His words didn't help much. Shawchert wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of answering him, instead he folded his arms tight against his chest and gave the man a disgusted, unwanted look. When the man said he'd rather finish what he started Shawchert was immidiately alert, and this was good because Shawchert was able to see the attack coming and had his arm up to protect his hand, the wood spear cracking hard against his forearm, it hurt, brutally, but Shawchert didn't think. His free hand was already going for a punch at the man's face, the other one twisting the staff so that he had it under and over his arm, help firmly, trying to pry it out of the other man's hand, though the hit weakened his arm, that was pulling on it, he still had plenty of strength left, and from the looks of it Shaw had a good chunk to spare on this man. His teeth bared, he would follow through his punch with a swift leap at the man if his punch landed square.
Rurik cursed his luck as the man had seemed to be ready for him when he caught his staff. He had been hoping to daze the man so he could finish this quickly, but it looked like that wasn't happening. Rurik kept a solid hold on his staff, refusing to let the man have it. Unfortunately this meant that Rurik would have to take the punch that the man delivered. It hit him square in the jaw, making him bite his tongue and see a sharp white flash. He stumbled a bit but kept a hold on his staff, but he hadn't been expecting the man to leap at him. He was still trying to get his balance again so when the man leaped at him he fell backwards onto his back hard, letting go of his staff. Rurik managed to get his legs between him and the man as they fell backwards, so using the momentum from the man's tackle, Rurik tried to roll back and push him off.
Shawchert's tactic worked and the man fell back, hitting the ground hard, but he knew things just as Shawchert did and used the momentum to kick Shawchert off, thou the big man was heavy, he flew off, hitting the ground hard, but not hard enough to do too much damage. He kept his mind focused and didn't think about any pains or aches that would cause, because if he dallied at all then he was sure to be dead. So standing up the man took a charge at Rurik, his claws ready to tear into flesh, he was not going to let this man desecrate his home, nor steal from these lands. he'd worked far too hard to let anyone take advantage. He wanted to tear at the man till he learned his lesson that he did not mess with Cercatori d' arte.
As soon as he felt the man's weight leave him, Rurik leaped to his feet and snatched up his staff and turned to face the man. It was lucky that he hadn't laid there any longer, as the man was charging at him now, seemingly set on tearing him limb from limb. Acting as quick as he could, Rurik side stepped the man, his claws clipping some fur from his hide. It was obvious that this man was going to keep going until Rurik was either dead or something close, meaning he had to make sure he ended it before that happened. As the man passed by him, Rurik aimed a swift upward strike with his staff, aiming for the man's stomach.
Shawchert wasn't aiming to kill, he'd do that if the animal in question had done something just as bad, no he was aiming for injury, to show him, he meant business. He just barely saw the staff coming, and it was too late to move. He swerved to let his side and back take most of the hit, but it hurt horrendously, and he staggered. Trying to keep his eye on the man and that stupid stick he growled louder, it did nothing but infuriate the man even more. The adrenaline had kicked in long ago, dulling what pain he would feel soon enough. Right now it was to incapacitate this man or die, because he wouldn't allow himself just to go unconscious again. Not after the humiliation he went through when Taliesin did it. He was still stunned, not sure what the man would do, but even though he couldn't feel the pain he was breathless from the hit to the side.
Rurik followed threw his his swing, letting it take him a few steps away from the man. He spun around and held his staff at the ready, and was a bit surprised that no attack came right away. He took this brief moment of respite to catch his breath. Even though he hadn't been hit yet, fending off someone that was 2 foot taller and a helluva lot stronger than you wasn't an easy task. While he was resting, he spoke, panting a bit. "So...care to...tell me...your name...before we...continue?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the man before him. "Mine's Rurik Ivanov....what's yours?" He didn't expect the name to tell him, though it would be useful to know to avoid future confrontations such as this one.