And We Watched The Stars Fall To Chaos
[html]

365 WC (I really fail) Sammi is in lupine form...

samantha jarret

She loped through the tree, gliding under branches and weaving around rocks. Never before had she felt so free. Running in Lupine was so exciting. The feather tassles were swinging as she increased speed up to the pack border. Her tongue lolled out of the corner of her maw as she ran. Her fast lope slowed to a trot. The scents of the wolves that made their home there were getting more potent every metre she went. She wanted to join a pack, feel that perfect sense of belonging that was the same as having a family. The mistress's cream bodice glided gracefully through the copse of trees that concealed the territory.

The girl had been wandering around Halifax, it was a huge change from her homelands where everyone had to stay in the ocean and keep cool from the fear of getting heat stroke. She found that she had to be warmer dressed here, all she had now was the feather tassles that hung from her ears. Her ivory pelt was thick enough to keep her warm. All she needed to do was adapt. A change from hot summer heat to moderate Nova Scotia temperatures was kind of overwhelming. She padded onward, enjoying every single step. She wanted something like a family. She didn't have much options, all she could do was join a pack. The newly formed Ichika no ho-en pack was the best choice. They seemed to need new members and Sam wasn't useless. She could work, hunt, cook, all of the essentials were learned long ago when she had her family. Her previous pack had perished in a horrible fire, all of them apparently are deceased but if she could find another soul from that pack. Sammi has no relations that she knows of that are alive.

A long erie howl escaped her lean muzzle. She called out to any member (although an alpha would be good to accept her) to let them know of her location, her song called out I am here! She was excited, her journey to northern Halifax was quite like an adventure. The year-old fae waited. She lowered her canvas to the mossy floor and waited.

Character Name:Samantha Jarret
Character Age:1 (Sept. 22 2010)
Character Gender:Female
Preferred Specialized Rank: Envoy Class, Creationist Class

OOC Name:Essence

Other Characters Played: None

OOC Second Form of Contact:my email katie66900@gmail.com

Character Alignment: blank

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/freetables/freetable2.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
hai thar Big Grin

Hunger gnawed at her stomach and rumbled up her throat but she kept still and silent, the deer that she was stalking were unaware of her presence yet and she had no longing to tip them off and spoil her own hunt. But suddenly a howl cut through the air and the deer bolted into the underbrush before she had a chance to react. The secui stood from her crouched position and snorted, another hunt ruined. The woman instead turned her head towards the borders and began to dutifully make her way towards whomever it was that was calling for assistance.

Her secui form allowed for quick and effective travel and it wasn't long before she could see the other in the distance, stood just beyond the boundaries. She slowed and shifted as she loped and within a minute she was jobbing in her optime form. Jace stopped a few meters away from the young female, her stance dominant but not intimidating, her tail and ears raised, her voice was soft but held an edge to it, she could and would defend herself if necessary,

"You are at Ichika no Ho-en's borders. What is your business here?" She held herself still, unnervingly so, a snake coiled and ready to strike should a threat be found.
[html]

HI Big Grin I'm to afraid to count my words. I just woke up and this is a fail post D:

samantha jarret

She looked up when she heard a voice, it was that of a female standing a few feet away. The girl noticed that her stance was rather dominant; composing herself she spoke. "I came to your borders hoping that I could join the pack. My name's Samantha Jarret. Or Sam" on her palette was a shy smile. She hadn't talked to many here. The woman who was of the name Jace was practically the only one. Sam
rolled over on her back exposing the belly that was so tender and easily vulnerable. Was she doing good? She hoped so. Now that her throat and abdomen were easily at this femina's mercy, she waited until she was told to get up. Sammi had never joined a pack, sure she was born into one but this was worlds different. This was her choice. To join this new pack and hopefully make a home here.

So here she lay. Waiting silently for the lady's go-ahead to get up. She didn't know there was so many things that were on the floor of the forest. She watched a beetle skitter by, a small insect landing on the edge of her nose. It was all very different here, since she came from the south it was strange to adapt (although she was sure she could) to the food, plants and animals. And then the fact that she was the only one of her previous pack left.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/freetables/freetable2.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
No worries lass Big Grin I just need you to add the joining form to your first post and fill it out; clicky! Its at the bottom of the joining checklist.

Jace paused and flared her nostrils, sucking in the scent of the young female and memorizing it like she did with everyone she met. Samantha's response to Jace's question and her bodily actions had her relaxing slightly, obviously she understood how to act and show proper respect to her higher ups. She nodded her head, indicating that the female should return to her feet and took a few more steps forwards, and smiled,

"My name is Jace, I am the Yakuso of this pack. I must ask you a few questions first before I can accept you into the pack." Jace shifted her feet and remembered her own joining of Phoenix Valley, it all seemed so long ago when in actual fact it had only been the beginning of the year. Her mismatched eyes searched the female's face and posture for any hint that she was lying or meant ill towards either her or Ichika.

"Firstly, why do you wish to join the pack? Secondly, where are you from and do you have any family?" They were basic questions that everyone was asked before they were allowed to join, they would progress onto the deeper questions once she had answered the first ones.
[html]

No prob. Filled out and posted!!

samantha jarret

The girl got to her feet and shifted to Optime when Jace nodded. A smile formed on her lips as she spoke. It was nice to meet someone so nice. Sam liked everybody. She genuinely liked people. Every year in Rio, everyone would take to the streets for singing and dancing. The costumes were flamboyant and wild. She enjoyed having fun. Social events did happen lots there, where people could chat and socialize. Her pack lived in the forests closest to Rio, they owned the city and the jungles surrounding. A forest fire wrecked the area, killing all in it's path. She missed her home and family very much. Now traveling here took a long time. She had to hitch rides on horse carts and thanks to her overload of jewelry, she traded her pieces and got here. She was rather bored on the carts, but most of the drivers were chatty and Sam wasn't as lonely. She always thought that leaving took half as long as going someplace.

When Jace asked her where she was from, Samantha replied with "I came from Rio de Janeiro. I was born there and raised in the jungles of Brazil. I travelled here and it took about six months camping and hitching rides on small boats and carts. As for my family, they died in a massive fire." She looked away for a moment remembering that she escaped while the rest perished. "I wish to join because I want to feel that sense of family again." her eyes were clouded with emotion for a moment. She remembered her friend Isaiah would always give her hugs when she was sad and somehow brighten up her day. Now he was ash along with the rest of her family.

She felt like she was in a trance. She snapped out of it when she realized that Jace was still standing there. She gave a small smile and looked around. "Your territories are very pretty." She liked the feel of it. To her it was sort of mysterious, but that was because she had never explored it. The girl was silent for a moment, wondering what it would be like to feel acceptance again.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Big Grin thanks love, If you want, Jace can be the one to oversee Sam on her initiation task
3+

Silence was observed as the girl rolled to her feet, shifted and then began to tell her tale, sorrow filled her heart for the one that had lost her family such as Jace had herself, whether by nature, evil actions or simply fate losing ones family was a devastating blow to one of any size or age. It affected Jace even now several years after its occurrence; some nights she awoke trembling with fear from the nightmares that ravaged her mind,

"You have my condolences, Samantha. I too have lost my birth family but yet they never truly leave us as long as we remember them in our heart." They were the only words of comfort that Jace could extend to the girl who was giving all the right answers so far, her voice was official and slightly stiff, this was the first time she had seen a joiner all the way through, her attempt with Rendall had been cut short by Temo needing her attention.

"And now we move onto serious questions; I must ask you if you have committed any serious crimes before? What skills, if any do you have to contribute to Ichika? How do you intend to live while you are here and how do you feel about living in a non-discriminatory environment? Ichika is a pack for those who love peace and calm, while we do have warrior ranks the ones that practice it only use their skills in extremely dire circumstances. If you do wish to continue to join Ichika there is the Niao-ka Creed that you must recite and an initiation task to be completed in the presence of one who is already an Ichikan." Feeling she had spoken enough for now, she her words stopped and she allowed the girl to take in all the details and to respond to her questions.
[html]

Hello hello again, I am so mega sorry for my unableness to be quicker on posting, I got my phone stolen and my internet was down for so long! I won't be any faster at posting though...oh and sorry for the bum post but I really can't conjure up much muse!

samantha jarret

The girl smiled and listened to Jace's speech. She had to think. She had never committed crimes to her own pack or stolen anything. She was very skilled in most areas. "Thank you. Now for crimes, I have a completely clean record. As for skills, I am rather good with a bow and a few arrows. I can hunt well and I am rather fast on my feet." After listing her skills, she thought. What would it be like to be an Ichikan? She knew it would be peaceful and a good loyal place. "I think the enviroment here will be fine. I would be rather happy here. Ichika was my first choice."

Jace was very pleasant and Sam was sure that the rest of the pack would also be the same. She would be content with that, knowing that she wouldn't be judged on anything except her loyalty. Loyalty wouldn't be a problem for the youth, she always kept her word and never lie to someone. She tried her best to live up to her promises. She was always like that, She couldn't hurt someone. When her family was killed, she actually thought that one of her brothers got away. She wasn't sure where he went but to Sammi, he was presumed dead. She thought that everyone's life was like a little candle. Always in danger of being blown out. When death comes, the little candles are blown out. It pained her heart that so many lights went out. Now it was time to try and cope.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
3+

Sam's initiation task must be performed in another thread, Jace can be the one to accompany her or someone else if you would like, but it has to be the task that Jace sets her Wink

Again silence bloomed from the hybrid as Samantha spoke again, Jace mentally checked off the list of attributes required to be able to join Ichika; No major crimes -Jace herself didn't even make this checkpoint-, Not against living in peace, willing to live in a non discriminatory environment. She seemed like a nice girl to Jace, and her skills that she listed were just topping to the already nice bundle that she presented. Night black muzzle nodded along with her words,

"Well Samantha Jarret, before we can accept you. I'll need you to recite the Niao-ka Creed and I need to choose you an initiation task. Your initiation task; you can perform it now or at another time but it must be soon, just a little something to prove your loyalty." She smiled at Sam, the tasks were not very hard and msot were completable in a few hours.

"Please raise your right paw and recite after me. If you need any help then just ask me again and I can repeat it for you" Jace raised up her right paw as well as was required,

"I am a Jarret, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." When she had finished speaking the creed she waited patiently for Samantha to recite it after her, ready to supply it again if need be,
[html]
samantha jarret

Sounds great!

Samantha listened to Jace, hearing every word of the creed; she made sure to memorize every single word. She had never had to do this, in her previous pack, it was the joining ones who had to recite creeds. Her right paw raised and then her words were clear and confident. "I am a Jarret, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." She smiled after she finished, pleased that she didn't falter or mess up.

Sam had never had to do an initiation task, but she was going to prove her loyalty to Ichicka. She couldn't mess up. If she did, it could jeopardize her whole chance of membership in Ichicka No Ho-En. A pang of worry hit the girl, but she straightened up and looked at Jace. "I'm ready whenever. What is the task?" She waited, rocking back and forth on her heels.

<style>
.freetable-f06 p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-f06 b {color:#FF0080;}
.freetable-f06-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#F8E1CA 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:right; padding:10px 25px 0px 0px; width:350px;}
.freetable-f06-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-f06 {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #E5CDB6; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding: 3px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.freetable-f06-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #E5CDB6; width:85%; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!

short post to finish, you can now post your initiation task thread :3 just shoot me a pm if you want Jace to accompany her ^^ but this is also an excellant opportunity for Samantha to meet soem of the othrs as well so don't let me hog all your threads Big Grin
3+

Jace smiled as Samantha repeated the creed that was required of all joining members with perfect accuracy. The border of flowers and plants separating them was now obsolete in the task of marking where Samantha was and was not allowed to roam, all of Ichika was her playground now and she was entitled to a share of its bounty like the rest of them were. She held out a hand and beckoned the new member over the border, to join her on the side of pack mate,

"Welcome to Ichika, you will start at the rank of Dai-In which means 'hidden greatness' your job is to simply get to know the territory and its people and try out different roles to decide which path you wish to proceed down. If you work hard enough you may eventually procure the rank of Prestige such as myself, over any one class, able to accept new members and act as a kind of sub leader. Now as for your initiation task, hmm." Jace paused in her speech to consider which tasks would be suitable for the new Dai-In,

"You have chosen to join at a time when the leaves change color and the harvests are reaped, food is plentiful and joy is widespread. To show your loyalty and demonstrate your skills to the pack you must hunt a ram or another large creature from the mountains to the south and present it to the pack as a feast. All of Ichika is available to ask for help if you find you need some assistance and there is no shame or ill will in asking for it. Sometimes we all need a generous and helping hand." Jace shifted backwards a few steps, ready and eager to turn and return deeper into the forests and valleys of which she now called her home.