Looking To Settle
OOC:// Anyone may join, preferably someone who can show her around. Big Grin

IC:// Aysun had often avoided buildings and other ancient structures in her travels. But now she found being part of a pack required her to explore said structures in order to claim shelter for herself. Sure the caves were available, but upon her arrival she was closer to the mansion than she was to the underground hollows. Approaching the front gates, nervousness obvious by the darting of her eyes and bristling of her fur the young femme took in the sight of the overgrown building. She'd seen places like this before, but never dared enter them. The forest was more of a comfort to her than was the mansion. However she knew if she were to survive in this pack life, she'd have to adapt and get over her apprehension. She just wished she didn't have to go it alone. Taking a deep breath and gritting her teeth Aysun carefully walked through the main gates, the mansion looming up ahead as she walked along the main driveway. She was brand new to Inferni, she honestly didn't expect a warm welcome. She was very unfamiliar with the ways of pack life and would need to be taught. But who would be willing to take on that task?

As she reached the front doors, she pushed them open with a creak and winced at the sudden sound. Taking a few steps inside she gazed up at the high ceiling feeling very small. Clutching her emerald pendant her ears swiveling she softly called out. "...H-hello?" He voice caught in her throat and she growled softly and tried again. "Hello!?" She called out a little stronger. "Anyone here?" She then waited, half crouched in the entrance hall, unsure how to proceed.
[html]

Big Grin

Sage's morning had been spent in recreation, spending some time to try to bring back her desire for art and creative activities. She had sketched, but got quickly annoyed with her work as it failed to turn out just right. With a frustrated sigh, she had eventually risen from her bed and gathered her bag to head out for the day. If she couldn't be productive doing this, she would at least be productive doing something else.

With a fresh stash of rolled smokes and a sketchbook (just in case she found inspiration outside of the borders), Sage shouldered her nicely packed back and pushed open the door of her second floor room. Making her way towards the stairs, she found an odd scent tingling her nose, and the sudden intrusion of a voice into the normally fairly silent air of the still mansion. Halo and Cotl were the only ones who she frequently saw lurking around D'Neville, and they rarely exchanged words. The voice she heard now, though, was neither of those.

Moving to peer over the balcony, golden eyes glanced downward. Inferni's stench clung to the stranger's fur gently, and it was clear to the Optio that she was a fresh recruit. A woman with coyote stature and the fur of a wolf stood below, looking meek and unsure. "Hello!" she replied in a happy chirp; if no one else would welcome their new blood, then she most certainly would. "It's not quite so busy around here today, I'm afraid..." she trailed off, pulling out a joint and lighting it with a quick, deft flick of her thumb. The smoke rose to meet the ceiling, but dissipated several feet above her head.

<style>
.sage-forest05 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sage-forest05 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sage-forest05 b {color:#6e5e2e; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px #fffff0; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-forest05 {background-color:#e9cd9b; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2228/sageforest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #346a4c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#32491d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
.sage-forest05-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © mx2-foto @Flickr
[/html]
OOC:// Sorry for the wait, still sick but trying to get some posts out. Thanks again for joining!

IC:// The mansion was large, Aysun could sense it was the home of many of her packmates. She could also almost feel its age and history as she stood in its grand entrance hall looking as if she'd just entered some haunted house. Her calls echoed and died leaving her alone in silence and she sighed, trying to keep her nerves in check. But when the other's happier voice piped up, she jumped slightly anyways. "It's not quite so busy around here today, I'm afraid..." Spinning on her paws to locate the female that had spoken, Aysun spotted her on the upper floor balcony peering over at her. "Oh..." She said softly and watched as the woman pulled some unknown item from her person and lit it making a smoke rise about her head in a soft cloud. Aysun couldn't help but look curious. Being so uneducated and unsocialized she was not familiar with marijuana or any other drugs and potentially "naughty" thing there were out there. It was sad really. But she had a mind willing to learn and be bent and molded to fit her new lifestyle. She was sure to find out what it was that the other femme was inhaling soon enough.

Taking a step forward so as to see the speaker, her nose catching the odd tang of the burnt herb she spoke again. "Um...my name's Aysun, I'm new here. I was told this place might be a good place to call home?" She flicked an ear, biting her tongue at her curiosity for the little rolled joint in the other's paw. "If you're not too busy, do you think I could maybe, y'know...get a tour?" She smiled weakly, as usual feeling quite stupid and childish before another. About the only thing Aysun knew how to do was get in trouble and get into fights. She was more instinctual than actually possessing book smarts and logic. She'd need a good mentor to get her accustomed to life in a pack. But somehow, at this point being so new and having the trust of none, she doubted she'd get someone patient enough anytime soon. But that didn't mean she wouldn't try.
[html]

it's no problem Smile feel free to pp them exploring the mansion a bit. they can go into the ballroom or kitchen or something and explore it too if you want. :] here're the maps!

The girl was almost timid, Sage noted, as she glanced around the old building. The Optio watched her with a contented smile until the darker hybrid finally set eyes upon her. She gave her name, Aysun, and confirmed herself as a new recruit to Inferni. Black-lined lips parted to exhale a cloud, and Sage's expression brightened. "I'd love to show you around, love," she called down brightly, "I'll be right down."

Sage moved quickly from the balcony to the stairwell, taking each stair with the confident steps of someone who had done it daily. She came out on the first floor, and moved towards her new company with a friendly stride. "So nice to meet you, Aysun; my name is Sage." She held her cigarette in one hand and extended the other for a gentle handshake. "There are plenty of open rooms here; I'm sure you'll find something to your liking," she said, motioning around the bottom floor and then again upstairs, where she lived. "I'll take you around, if you'll follow me. Be careful, though; this building is quite old, after all," she warned gently. Rust and decay took over much of the building, but it still retained a sturdy, handsome interior.

Sage began to move around the bottom floor, golden eyes flickering back to be sure her company was following. As she walked, Sage pointed out Kaena's quarters, with a brief, heartfelt anecdote about her grandmother's history with the clan.

<style>
.sage-forest05 b {color:#6e5e2e; text-shadow: 0px 1px 1px #fffff0; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.sage-forest05 {background-color:#e9cd9b; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2228/sageforest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #346a4c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#32491d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
OOC:// Gosh I'm sorry for the wait. >_< I swear I've started replying to this like 5 times over the past few days but got sidetracked. x__x Is it possible to get Aysun's name on the mansion map? I know what room she'd take. Because Sage would be the first person who was kind to her and the first person she's met (in the timeline) she'd probably take the room next to Sage's. Room "two2"? Do you mind that? O:

IC:// Aysun was relieved that the woman was not going to treat her like some lowly bit of scum because she was new, and for her mixed heritage. It seemed she was as carefree as the wind. A small smile crept onto the coywolf's face as she watched the other female gracefully move down the stairs. She felt her timid nervousness beginning to fade. "So nice to meet you, Aysun; my name is Sage." The younger girl gently grasped Sage's extended paw and shook it. Her tail wagged a little behind her. For some reason, Sage's kindness really had Aysun quite in awe of her. She had been expecting nothing but hostility really from her pack mates at first, but what she got was completely unexpected.

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Sage." Aysun gave a small giggle, but cut it short as the sound echoed in the entrance hall they stood in. Her ear flicked in embarrassment. "There are plenty of open rooms here; I'm sure you'll find something to your liking." Sage nodded and began to follow after her guide, heeding her warning about the age of the mansion. Aysun had noticed herself how the mansion seemed to emanate a history. Maybe one day she'd learn more about it. Keeping close behind the other woman (still lightly inhaling the smoke from the rolled cigarette, trying to figure out what it was) and taking in the sights while intently listening to her words, Sage smiled appreciatively. She followed the older coyote through the lower floors, trying to remember where everything was. In the kitchen Aysun piped up. "Just how old is this mansion anyway?" She tipped her head a little, curious. "I've seen other structures like this one, but never dared to venture inside them. I was too...weary of them." She admitted honestly, looking down at her paws a moment.

"I feel so out of the loop you know?" She spoke quietly, ears folding. "I know almost nothing about what it's like in a pack and nothing but the basics on how to survive. ...I'm...worried that I won't fit in." She voiced her concerns and fears out loud, feeling she could trust Sage. She didn't know why she felt that way, but she did. "I don't have much to offer, just rudimentary skills. I can hunt, fight, make some jewelry, and scout a little, but..." She trailed off with a sigh, feeling she was possibly being too open with her new acquaintance and fell silent, gazing around the kitchen.
[html]

seriously, a day is no wait at all! i frequently take a few days and sometimes longer to reply to threads... as you can see, lol. so, i don't mind waiting. :]

Sage was impressed right away by the girl's courtesies; she wasn't used to those anymore, living here. Apart from Valkyrie and one or two others, Sage rarely saw smiles or heard laughter. The coyote couldn't help but beam back, moving with familiar ease as she guided Inferni's newest recruit around her home. The Optio knew a lot about the building, having lived many months now in and around the lovely Mansion. At the girl's question she took a quick breath, pausing to search her memories for a moment. "I'm not certain," she said honestly, but shrugged, "but I'd guess it's just about nearing a century... But it's held up well." A creamy hand patted the cool wooden walls; the paint there was jagged and peeling, and several flakes fell to the floor at her touch. Brushing her hands off, the girl chuckled, moving on through the Mansion.

They paused in the kitchen, where Aysun expressed her concerns about her new life. Sage nodded sympathetically, brows lightly furrowed in friendly concern. "I know how you feel... but I wouldn't worry so much about it, love. It'll come easily with time," she encouraged. Sage hoped, for the girl's sake, that she would in fact fit in with the coyotes of Inferni. Many had, did, and would in the future, the Optio knew; but many had also since gone again. Clearing her throat, Sage placed a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder with an comforting smile. "You're still young, there's plenty of time to worry about perfecting your skills, love. You'll learn a lot, here, and fast; Inferni is home to some good teachers." It was true; Sage could not deny the cunning and expertise of her family. Ezekiel's lessons in self-defense lingered in the back of her mind at all times now when she wandered the quiet woods alone.

<style>
</style>
[/html]