Fallen Structures
[html]<style type="text/css">
.xmasalaki b {font-weight:bold; color:#110d09; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alakiooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.xmasalaki p {text-indent:25px;padding:0px 25px 10px 25px;margin:0px;}
.xmasalaki {width:450px;border:1px solid #110d09;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... salaki.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:165px;background-color:#5a4c4b;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#e1d4bd;}
</style>

WC: 403 - For anyone really; someone Key hasn't met, an old friend, etc. Nothing serious though ^^

Horses. Something he had yet to truly get his head around despite now owning and being just about capable of riding one. Such large and graceful beasts were, for the most part, willing to live around and serve canines whom may turn around and kill them at a whim at any moment. Such strange creatures, he ran a hand lightly over Hibiki's grey-blue toned cheek, the mare flicking an ear but otherwise not acknowledging his existence. After claiming her as his he had spent time collecting all the basic tack pieces, learning about them and then learning how not to fall off from her back; despite how calm natured and steady the mare was, he had managed to become up close and personal with the ground a fair few times during the learning process, but now he mostly stayed on and could direct her. Placing his hands on he back, he quickly lifted himself up and swung a leg over her back, steadying her with the reigns and a calming voice, for the sudden increase in weight startled her. Moments later, he, Hibiki and Beyaz were off to wherever the horse decided she wanted to go; whilst he sat there swearing at the mare for not going where he wanted her to go.

Eventually, with a lot of effort, a dictionary worth of new cusses, he had arrived just outside the abandoned sawmill within Musquidoboit Valley. After coming across the decaying structures awhile ago, he had seen much potential in them but had yet to actually find a real use for them; aside from a fairly well sheltered and secluded get away. Dismounting, he reached the ground and groaned, shooting a dirty look at his mare, despite the fact he knew his problems stemmed from his lack of horse skills, rather than the mare’s disobedience. Bring her reigns over her head, he tied the mare to a nearby wooden post that was detacher from the remains of the sawmill. Stretching his arms overhead he yawned and moved into a shadowed area, lying down upon the dirt and falling into a light nap; one hand wrapped around his Katana's handle, as was a habit of his when he slept outside of his own cave. A flap of wings indicated that Beyaz, too, had settled down somewhere nearby; but unlike his master, the white bird was probably keeping watch as he was trained to do.

[/html]
[html]

Sooo you’re the one that’s been making those fuzzy looking avvies? (Rio can speak low-speech, so if you want the horse to speak to her, be my guest =))

WORD COUNT: 356 ::: POINTS: 3

More and more each day, Rio began exploring Anathema. She had only been staying here as a guest because her mother permitted her to do so, but now that she was she was beginning to consider staying permanently. The whole territory had a lot of interesting, unexplored, by her, places that she had yet to find.

Today, she just pretty much walked aimlessly. She still didn’t know her way around that much, but she was starting to grasp it. She knew how to get into the caves and was learning the scents of the lands. Souls lands were rubbing off on her bit by bit. The grass was a relief on her recently injured foot, hurt by glass in Halifax. She limped, but not with so much pain thanks to nature and its cushioned ground. At first, she walked really slowly, but now she was starting to heal more and more, and she was walking faster than she had been.

An interesting looking house thing came into view. There was someone’s horse in front of it, tied to a wooden pole, and a small, white bird that watched her cautiously. She didn’t walk too close to them, but as she neared she realized that the structure wasn’t a house at all. It was an old Sawmill of some sort. It looked extremely dusty. She looked down at her nicely wrapped foot, and limped toward the opening of the structure. Before she neared the place, though, she noticed a dark furred man sleeping, which surprised her enough. An audible ”Oh!” escaped her as she was startled. He seemed to smell of Anathema, so she was in no real danger. Rio limpingly backed away from the man, as she was standing rather close to him when he was noticed. She looked away from him on the ground and up at the pretty mare that stood close by. She paid no mind to the bird. If he was a watch-bird like he looked, he would attack her at any given moment. She tried to stay as far away from it as she could. She didn't need any more injuries.

<style>
.rio-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.rio-a01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rio-a01 b {color:#A2152C; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rio-a01 { background-color:#FC7CB2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V8Vs6.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.rio-a01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 70px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/meCgB.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.xmasalaki b {font-weight:bold; color:#110d09; letter-spacing:1px; }
.alakiooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.xmasalaki p {text-indent:25px;padding:0px 25px 10px 25px;margin:0px;}
.xmasalaki {width:450px;border:1px solid #110d09;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... salaki.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:165px;background-color:#5a4c4b;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#e1d4bd;}
</style>

WC: 362 - Soo did not forget about this >.< This is why i should not make AWs xD Btw; Sky's making the fluffy avatars, not me. Mine was a gift from her ^^

Silence filled his little world; a drastic difference from the bustle and patter of paws one is surrounded by in the underground cave system. Maybe that was why he often found himself napping above ground, to find a place where he could catch a few hours of good, silent sleep. That or he simply liked skivvying from his training to nap the day away; not that he would ever admit to such a thing. Lazily he stretched out his legs, tensing the muscles in his legs and arching his back slightly, to roll over onto his side; resting his head upon an arm pillow and allow his hair to fall free all over the place, the band he used to tie it up wrapped around his wrist. Every now and then he heard one of his companion animals shuffle about, but overall he had found a small area of peace. Pleased with himself, he relaxed and allowed his mind to drift, not quite asleep but well along the way.

Yet, as often the case was, he did not find himself alone for a long time. Something moved nearby, the sound neither horse nor bird. Cautiously he tested the scents carried in the light breeze to confirm whomever it was carried the scent of Anathema, but was not a canine he had encountered before. Rolling onto his back in a sluggish manner, he managed to prop himself up onto his elbows and stared out before him with bleary, sleep filled eyes. Just as he woke up, Bey decided it was about time he informed his owner that a stranger was nearby and let out a short caw, the sound instantly grinding on his nerves, his hand wrapped around his katana's handle ever more tightly, thoughts of killing the pest filling his mind and calming him some. One of these days, I'll have him for dinner. Locating the stranger, he allowed his eyes to run over her form, noting her obvious weakness and minor details that he stored away. Cocking his head to the side, he looked at her curiously, simply staring at her in silence awaiting for her to say or do something.

[/html]
[html]

Ooh, I seeee :] and FAIL. I always try to keep track of my posts… its an OCD thing I have I think xD

WORD COUNT: 326 ::: POINTS: 3

The little white bird with the beady, watchful eyes cawed at its master as she backed away. She watched the male rise up onto his elbows and looked quite sleepy. ”I’m sorry for waking you. That wasn’t my intention at all.” She understood that her mother’s lands were filled with misfits and other sorts of being that didn’t fit in anywhere else. She could probably get herself into something bad if she wasn’t careful. She tried to be as kind as possible to the male before her.

”My name is Rio, Rio Marino.” She was proud to be of the Marino family line, even though she wasn’t close to her Marino relatives at all. She stated it rather proudly, but still kindly and less boastful. The horse seemed to move around a bit on her arrival, and she wondered if the mare would say anything to her. Though, not all animals assumed their wolf neighbors knew how to speak their language, but maybe Rio would be able to catch something under her breath.

Rio offered a paw in the male’s direction, mainly for a handshake, but if he wanted to use it to get up that was fine, too. She limped over to a rickety looking fence nearby, but across from her pack mate, and leaned carefully against it. She wanted to take some of the weight of her injured foot as well as look cool while leaning against something. She used her hands to prop herself comfortably against the fence, and spoke again, ”What are you doing way out here?” Aside from the obvious, getting away from all others- maybe he had another reason. Something to interest her, hopefully. She wasn’t as social as she would have liked to be, and she needed some work on her conversational skills. She usually relied on the other to say something to get her into the swing of things, but the rise of interesting conversation didn’t always happen.

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.rio-a01 { background-color:#FC7CB2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V8Vs6.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.rio-a01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 70px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/meCgB.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:320+ OOC Stuff?

Now awoken, he flicked a finger at the bird, the white crow setting off into the skies to check out the surrounding area. Scooting his legs underneath himself, he raised himself to sit crossed legged upon the dirt ground, hands resting now in front of him limply as he watched and listened to the other speak, blinking his eyes again and again to wipe away the lingering sleep and drowsiness that threatened to claim him again. As the black female apologised he grunted and waved a hand idly before him, the gesture intending to mean 'it doesn't matter', 'no worries' or something along such lines, his lower jaw falling open, eyes squinting closed as he yawned once before bringing himself up onto his feet. Turning his back to the black female as she introduced herself in an pointlessly proud manner, choosing to ignore her introduction and offered paw he went over to Hibiki, running a hand along the mare's neck and soothing her; much like her master, the horse was rather temperamental and unpredictable with those she did not know well. “Easy girl, no stomping all over pack members” he whispered to her, his voice both soothing and commanding.

Once satisfied the mare was reasonably settled, he turned back to the other, ears rotating forward as she asked why he was out here. “Name's Alaki; was looking for a possible area to convert into a training grounds of sorts for the pack's warriors.” he said, probably telling the other a few too many details, but he was to tired to really care at that moment. Pulling his lip back slightly to reveal a few teeth, his posture and face full of confidence, he stepped towards the female. “But I don't think what i'm doing is any concern of yours; should an injured girl like you be so far away from the caves?” he asked, hand on hip awaiting her answer.

Image courtesy of Metassus@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_MeanKey2 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_MeanKey2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_MeanKey2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#384339; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_MeanKey2 {background-color:#c6d1aa; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #949b78; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/6123/pains.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:118px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_MeanKey2-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc.

WORD COUNT: 306 ::: POINTS: 3

Rio pulled her offered paw back, seeing that it wasn’t going to be acknowledged. What a strange man… Maybe her travels modernized her a little too much. Not many wolves were used to handshakes, but he didn’t take it to get up either. She stayed leaning against her fence, watching him as he got up and walked over to his horse. He whispered something in her ear, something that she wasn’t trying to eavesdrop on, and the horse seemed to loosen her tensed muscles a bit. It wasn’t like Rio was going to eat her. Periwinkle eyes watched the beast curiously.

The male, now known as Alaki, answered her question- but of course, like everything else she wanted to know, was none of her concern. It usually never was, sadly. When was something going to be her concern? Probably not any time soon. ”Warriors…” The subject wasn’t anything she was too interested in. In Anathema, she didn’t see herself leading a life full of fighting, though it probably is a fulfilling career path. ”I’m not too into the warrior stuff.” She placed her two hands behind her on the fence, now leaning on them, too.

He mentioned the foot. People always gotta’ mention the foot. She looked down at it sadly. It was getting better, at least. It didn’t hurt as bad as when she had first brought it home with her. ”I needed a walk to… stretch my muscles.” She carefully flexed her foot. It hurt a little, but nothing like how it felt when the event actually happened. ”…which is none of your concern.” She emphasized on the ‘none’ with a smile. Her voice had the same tone as his did, kind of in a mocking way- but all in good fun. She kept the smile on her face as her eyes watched him.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: Gonna round this up and keep it as a brief encounter if that's okay ^^

“Yeah, well. Apparently there aren't too many, considering how there's only a few of us ranked as warriors” he shrugged his shoulders, for there was little he could do about it; everyone was welcome to follow the path of which they choose, he just wished there were more skilled canines willing to dedicate themselves to the protection of the pack. Maybe he was simply partial, having always been involved with fighting and taught combat skills, but he saw those that didn't bother to even learn basic self defence as lazy and worthless; not learning any combat left one prone to attack and reliant upon the others help. Just in eye sight, he saw the Beyaz was returning, the white crow angling himself downwards for awhile before flaring his wings out and landing promptly upon the grey male's shoulder. Looking at the bird, he awaited for it's response and since it remained silent he assumed there was no one else near by; that or the bird forgot what it was meant to do.

Stroking the birds chest lightly in reward, he considered the females words and he small show of attitude. “Is that so? Shoot a stranger for showing concern over your injuries why don't you” not the slightest put off by the way the black girl had mimicked his tone of voice. “Well, just don't collapse somewhere around here because you've overworked yourself and expect someone to come rescue you” his voice was without emotion and he turned back towards Hibiki, placing hands upon her back before pulling himself up upon the mare. Hibiki shifted with new load upon her back before settling down once more, awaiting direction from her rider. “Either way, my business is done here. Cya” he waved a hand at the female, before tapping the mare's sides lightly, Beyaz taking off into the air once more.

<style type="text/css">
.keytare .space {width:230px; height:70px; float:left;}
.keytare b {font-weight:bold; color:#a8a88e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#292722 1px 1px 1px;}
.keytare p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; font-size:10px;}
.keytare p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keytare .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#a8a88e;}
.keytare p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px;margin:0px; text-shadow:#5d6a4b 0px 0px 3px;}
.keytare {margin:5px auto; width:500px; background-color:#5d6a4b; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/5nwn.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#13160f; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Correct me on anything.. and this could get interesting =D

WORD COUNT: 314 ::: POINTS: 3

Rio nodded as there wasn’t much she could say on the subject. She wasn’t interested in being a warrior, not because she was lazy, but because she felt that she had enough fight in her life. With all the crazy shit that happened to her, she wanted to avoid anything else of that nature, which included being a ‘warrior’. She’d rather be a healer.

The bird came out of the sky and settled on its master’s shoulder. Alaki petted the bird rewardingly, and it seemed to wear it proudly. Rio looked away from him, ”That’s just how I am. I don’t appreciate anyone, aside from my family, showing interest in my wounds.” Meaning she would give anyone a big attitude that tried to help, like Jazper. Rio pushed herself off the fence, and seeing that the male was getting ready to leave, she was too. ”Don’t worry about me.” Not that he was.

Alaki jumped on the back of his horse that moved around, but became comfortable with the shift in weight on her back going from nothing to a big, heavy something. There really wasn’t much time left to say anything else because he was already poking the horse forward. She returned his farewell with a wave of her own, and turned the opposite direction toward the tree he had been leaning against. She lowered herself down, and stretched her leg out with the injured foot. There was still enough time left in the day to have a nice nap underneath a nice tree. She leaned her head back against the bark. Hearing Alaki gallop away on his horse, she closed her eyes. She was only focusing on the sounds around her, which consisted of some birds and maybe a few bees buzzing around. The distant thunder of the horse’s hooves was already long gone and there was nothing left but peaceful quiet.

<style>
</style>[/html]