thwarted
[html]

“There is about to be a squirrel genocide.”

The small tawny coywolf twitched her ears and glared across at the plump squirrel, which twitched its tail a few times then resumed sprawling out on the ground in the patch of sunshine. It looked so goddamn vulnerable, but she knew that if she took another step in its direction, it would flick up a tree faster than she could snap. She also knew another step would make her a threat again, and her head was already smarting from thrown acorns and pinecones and all sorts of ammunitions the buggers cached for the purpose of throwing at random wolves. She could sense dozens of the creatures up above, and she couldn’t tell the rustling leaves from the squirrels’ chattering anymore.

“This is problematic,” Vesper growled, and she took a seat. It was more dignified for her to sit still rather than go sprinting under a rain of nuts. Then again, all chances of being dignified were erased the moment she let the creatures get to her. She was a predator; she ate squirrels that crossed her path. She did not let them throw things at her.

All she had to do was wait for them to lose interest; the sunlight would be gone in about half an hour, if she judged the color of the sky right. And, after that—who knew? She could try her paw at hunting some nocturnal animals, or she could rest. The female liked to make use of as many hours of the day as she could, but there was always the prospect of sleeping.

She sighed, closing her eyes—until the sound of soft paws on leaf-litter made them snap open again.

Vesper whirled around, hackles stiff and ears alert, and got a pinecone thrown at her for her trouble. However, the squirrels vanished in that moment, returning to whatever duties she’d called them away from.

Something was coming.

Here you go. My posts will get better. ><

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey b {font-weight:bold; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey i {font-weight:italic; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

yea Io's a bitch

Word Count → 000

The leaves crunched beneath her paws as Io move along. It was odd for her to be outside of Anathema, she didn't enjoy being away from her home. She had gotten acustomed to the dark caves and had no wish to depart from their hold. But ever since there fight, (If one could call it so, perhaps a mild squabble?) Io had taken care of herself and barely spoke to Aeron, which made food a problem. Io didn't hunt. Not one scrawny rabbit. Aeron dealt with that, the russet and white femme only cooked the catch. All she could do was wander around and hope something fell from the sky. A little far fetched perhaps, but Io really didn't care if her wishes were unlikely. She had doned her Secui form for her unwanted excursion, larger and more muscled than any of her other forms.

She smelt another creature on the air, but paid little attention to it. Other people were not of importance to her. But as the other wolf whirled around when Io came into sight, a smirk crossed her face, 'Do you always jump like a frightened hare when you see someone else?' she paused, still grinning as she sidled over with pure arrogance, one of the things she enjoyed. 'Or did those vermins outwit you and set you on edge?'

<style>
.io-t52 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.io-t52 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t52 b {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.io-t52 {background-color:#BBD0CB; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/13aka.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B4E48; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t52-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.io-t52 .inner {margin:10px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#3B4E48;}
.io-t52 .wordcount {color:#17211E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #3B4E48; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

“Do you always jump like a frightened hare when you see someone else?”

A russet-and-white-patched shape stepped across the leaves toward her, and a smirk was visible under a pink nose. The canine was both older and larger than her (at least in this form), and there were traces of others on her; she belonged to a pack of some sort. All of this was revealed with a quick, cautious sniff, before Vesper settled her rear to the ground and watched the thin female creep closer.

The coywolf snorted at the questions but kept her cool. “I suppose I’m expected to roll over and show my belly for every creature that comes stamping through the forest this close to sunset,” she said with easy sarcasm.

Her light blue eyes flickered over the stranger, vaguely interested in her rich, near-crimson dog-like markings. Her eyes, by contrast, were colorless. While Vesper had seen stranger creatures traveling around ’Souls for the short time she’d been here, it was still somewhat intriguing.

“What, you have personal experience with these critters?” Vesper motioned up in the trees with her muzzle, and a squirrel disappeared around to the other side of the trunk, chattering wildly.

lol That's quite all right. Meanwhile, I'm really sorry for the extremely short post. I didn't know what else to write.

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: this is about as violent as she gets XD growling and the like aslo tak means yes zalen means non-luperci this is a few words short Sad

A growl ripped through the womans throat, her head lowered and her eyes lit with malice. 'For creatures more superior than you, tak ,zalen' It had been a while since she had used her home tongue, but it felt amazing to use it in anger towards a clueless rat. Io ceased her growling, lifting her head and rolled down onto her haunches. Her face was indifferent to this newcomer, she didn't care about the strange single formed things that ran around the territories. She had her own problems to worry about without ponering about formless rats.

As the zalen spoke Io nodded stoicly, 'Squirrels? Yes...And you do not jump up trees for them'. She did not mention what was the correct way to hunt them, nor did she have any wish to. One, because it required an optime form and, two, because she had better things to do than instruct the formless. Well, not right now. She wasn't busy now, so she guessed it was just her cruel streak. And the fact she had now wish to visit her optime form for a stranger.

<style>
.io-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rn05r.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:75px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; border-top:1px dotted #000000; }
.io-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.io-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.io-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.io-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.io-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.io-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The muscular, russet-patched canine growled loudly; the sound caused Vesper to bristle and narrow her eyes in turn. She was somewhat surprised by the show of aggression, only because it seemed so out of the blue. She had made sure not to trespass onto any lands, so all she could reason from this was that the stranger had expected her to just submit to the taunting. The hybrid’s lip curled slightly, but she did not move from where she was seated, deciding not to be the first to start the fight.

“Zalen?” The unfamiliar word rolled awkwardly off her tongue, and Vesper snorted. “Sounds rather nasty.” She lifted her head, keeping it almost at the level of the bicolor hybrid, all bright-eyed arrogance. “No one is superior than me.” She grinned challengingly. “Unless you want to prove you’ve got some bite to back up that bark, sweetheart.”

If this somehow came down to a fight, she was ready. As much as she liked the energy and strategy that came into battle, contrary to popular belief she did not particularly enjoy scrapping with everyone she met. Discipline and control of emotions was as much of a virtue as skill in battle. It would be a waste of energy to tussle with this stranger, especially when they had nothing other than words to quarrel over.

“Maybe I’ll sprout wings,” the coywolf muttered on the topic of squirrels, but her disinterest in the topic came through in her voice. They seemed less brave when there was more than one scrawny loner to harass, but that was just fine with her. She’d get her revenge whenever she caught one closer to the ground.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 000

'Zalen', Io said calmly, 'means non-luperci...' Her words were draw out as if she had grown tired of the conversation. The lowly form before her challenged her. Io simple scoffed in reply, 'I hardly think me in this form would succome to you in that form'. Her words were sharp but her accent made the sharper than a hot stiletto knife through butter. The russet spined femme remained silent for a moment before she spoke again, 'Besides, I am not a violent person'. Verbally maybe, but physically? No, she had a brother to do her dirty work. And a mate, though she'd never ask Aeron to deal with her work.

'Yes, perhaps you will' Io drawlled softly. 'But I would work on finding a way to earn some more forms first'. Her words were harsh, but forms were more easy to come across than wings. 'So, do you often wander about late at night growling at who ever you come across?' It was a stupid question, of course not. But Io enjoyed making small talk that would often irritate the other person. Seeing other peoples misfortunes made her feel happy about hers. Of course her happyness was rarely shown due to her default personality.

<style>
.io-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.io-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t51 b {color:#15282E; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.io-t51 {background-color:#AFCDD7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o1xxF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#40626D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t51-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.io-t51 .inner {margin:10px 10px 170px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#40626D;}
.io-t51 .wordcount {color:#15282E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #40626D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The russet-patched female explained what zalen meant, and Vesper flattened her ears against her head with annoyance. She had come from a small part of Canada where non-luperci still flourished. In ’Souls, it seemed rare to come across someone who didn’t have the ability to stand on two legs, but the proud coywolf didn’t see why it should matter. Only intelligence and balance mattered in the grand scheme of things.

The stranger’s voice cut through the space between them. She had a point about her larger, stronger form, and Vesper frowned. “Size isn’t everything,” she said, her voice slightly lowered. “If anything, it might make you slower.” She knew that she was taking a shot in the dark with this one, having no way to know if the canine was more skilled than her. She liked to think of herself as a champion fighter, but the reality was that she hadn’t competed against someone in this halfling form.

When it was suggested that she find other forms, Vesper curled her lip. “I’ve heard nasty stories about being transformed. Why would I lower myself to something like that?”

She stood, but her stance did not turn aggressive; while her burning eyes clearly showed her irritation, she had abandoned the idea of a fight altogether. She gave her tawny coat a shake and smirked slightly at the woman’s last comment. “I could ask the same of you,” she pointed out smugly. “Didn’t you growl first?”

Ves is so arrogant. xD

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

occgoodnessss

Io rolled her eyes, jesus, did this thing stop? But still a smrik appeared on her face. He comebacks were always to die for. 'My, my, now that is a shot in the dark...' she said softly, 'Measuring youself up to a stranger'. Of course, Io had not been doing that, well not exactly. She had been measuring up the chances of a luperci sucumming to a zalen's claws. In her mind it did not weight up. Io scratched idle spirals into the dirt below her, laughing silently at this girls foolishness. 'Belive it or not, Secui forms are both faster and stronger...' Her words were stern, yet with the usual hint of amusement behind them.

'Nasty stories?' Io question, the amusement now coming forth. 'No, I think not'. Truly she had no idea how it felt to suddenly gain forms. She only knew what it was like to suddenly have the ability. She supposed that the only difference was that ones lucky enough to have the genes from birth had knowledge about what was going to happen. Io had never been afraid, neither had Europa, nor Galileo. So to her it just seemed silly.

Io ignored the rat's later comment, she was not here from a fight.

<style type="text/css">
.IoBerlinfreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f3f3f3; }
.IoBerlinfreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#eeeeee; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #f3f3f3; padding: 135px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01-border1 {width:486px; border:1px solid #494949; margin:0 auto;}
.IoBerlinfreebe01-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #313131; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]

The luperci pointed out Vesper’s error in speculating about her fighting skills, adding that “secui” forms were faster in addition to stronger. This piece of information made the coywolf narrow her eyes, opening her mouth to make a retort, before closing it slowly. There was really nothing that she could say, other than some childish remark about experience and ability. She was blessed with a quick form yet cursed with small size, and she knew that being pinned would be the end of her.

The luperci female dismissed her comment about nasty stories, and while Vesper was done with arguing about her fighting abilities, she was still frustrated on this point. Her brow furrowed, and she spoke coldly. “How can you really know? Have you ever turned someone? Been turned?” She lashed her tail behind her, though the rest of her body and face was stoic. “I can’t really apologize for my genetics, or not wanting to submit to some shapechanger to be transformed.”

This post is quite a bit under 200 words... I can add more if needed, but for the life of me I couldn't think of what to write. Also, I'm not sure how much longer they'll be able to tolerate talking with each other. xD I don't mind if we start wrapping this up soon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

sure~!

Word Count → 000

Io narrowed her eyes, 'I was born like this, nobody shifts until their six month, or sometimes later. But we are told what happens and told not to have fear. And yes I have turn someone, my son'. So it wasn't directly turning someone, but it was still the same. She had to tell him there was nothing to fear, condition him. And she'd have to do the same again if her plan worked. Of course Aeron was hesitant to follow along, but Io assumed that Aeron gathered that Io would do most, probably all of the work. She was incredibly happy that she would have a perfect excuse to laze around in Secui form for several months, and possible more after that.

The russet and white woman stood, sighing softly, 'I do not expect you to apologise, I expect you to have respect...'. She didn't say who or what for, there was no need. She had grown tired of explaining things in great length to this zalen and to be honest she prefered the ambiguity of it all. She r stretched for a minute, ready for her immenant departure. She sense the conversation coming to and end, and she had no wish to sit by a stranger and not speak. But she had to get in another nigglely bit first. 'If you wish to stay clear of our little 'virus' stay away from any fighting. And do not get into any physical activity with any males. Oh and stay away from a man named Galileo Gray, he will sort out both of those things for you if you are now careful'.

<style>
.io-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.io-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.io-t51 b {color:#15282E; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.io-t51 {background-color:#AFCDD7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o1xxF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #D9F4FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#40626D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.io-t51-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.io-t51 .inner {margin:10px 10px 170px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: dotted; border-color:#40626D;}
.io-t51 .wordcount {color:#15282E; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #40626D; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]