kick the leaves up and the magic is lost
[html]
OOC: still getting a hold writing intros, lol.

ONE PIERCING BLUE eye darted across the forest, tracking any movement that came from the rustling leaves. Sniffing cautiously, she picked up the scent of prey mingling with the musty smell of leaf decay. This is Ethereal Eclipse, a large forest in which wolves lurk with the thought of a warm meal and a full belly.

THE BLACK SHE WOLF tenderly pressed her paws into the cushy leaf carpet that covered the forest floor, careful not to make a sound. Her eyes were trained on the fat squirrel that lay sniffing for acorns in front of her. Her claws itched with longing, to feel that juicy squirrel perish under her sharpened claws like an owl's talon swooping up a mouse... there it went! Nakato growled with frustration. The squirrel had sensed her while she was daydreaming! She shook her head and padded away. "There's always other prey," she reminded herself, and she set off to continue hunting.

NAKATO WAS PART of Crimson Dreams, and while her pack was at war she set out to catch some prey."It's best to be useful to my pack," she told herself. But there it was, nagging at the back of her head. "It would be better if you could sink your teeth into the throat of an enemy." She shuddered, teeth gnashing at the thought of a kill. When will these repulsive daydreams ever leave my head? Nakato twitched her tail, and snuffled around in the forest for the scent of new prey. SNAP! A twig deeper in the forest broke, and she heard it. The young black she-wolf whipped her head around, eyes flashing with alarm. Someone was here.

<style>
#gnakato-a01 {width:75%;max-width:600px;min-width:450px;margin:0px auto;line-height:15px;font-size:12px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#gnakato-a01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.75px;word-spacing:1px;}
#gnakato-a01.table {background-color:#b3bdc7;border:1px dashed #000000;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ibvs7.png);text-shadow:0px 0px 5px #b3bdc7;color:#4f403b;}
#gnakato-a01.table .spacer {float:right;height:280px;width:235px;}
#gnakato-a01.table p {text-indent:30px;padding:0px 10px 5px 10px;}
#gnakato-a01.table b {color:#17b5dd;text-shadow:0px 0px 3px #ffffff;font-size:13px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;}
#gnakato-a01.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;line-height:13px;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:10px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Pupils dilated to adjust to the darkness as a slender coywolf entered the edge of the forest. She moved warily but steadily, swiveling her large ears to keep tabs on her surroundings as her paws brushed softly over the musky leaf-litter that had gathered over the years. She breathed in the cool, damp air, head cocked. Ethereal Eclipse had a suiting name—eerie and dark, the sunlight blocked by a thick canopy of leaves meshing far above her head.

It had been a rather spontaneous decision for her to travel west from the forest she’d hunted in since coming to ’Souls. Part of her was uneasy being so close to the packs lying on the borders of the Dampwoods, and another part was eager to blaze onward. Shaping her future with action had always been a mark of her independence, something that she’d valued greatly since her birth. Still, her paws were weary from a hard pace, and she wasn’t sure that she would have the energy to hunt now that she was here.

Now all that was left was to seek out a secure place to rest—easier said than done, considering she had never been to this part of the peninsula before. Vesper frowned faintly and picked up her pace, trotting across the soft ground and sniffing in revulsion at a tree recently climbed by a squirrel.

A twig snapped under her paw, and she leaped back, a bundle of nerves. She remembered the half-collie that had taunted her for her jumpiness, and her ears flattened. She smirked and gave her tawny coat a quick shake, deciding to venture onward.

In the darkness of the forest, Vesper did not notice the young black she-wolf until she was almost upon her. As it was, the scent of the startled stranger struck her, and the hybrid managed to stop and squint, vaguely making out the shape of the other canine. An awkward frown crawled across her lips.

“Hey,” the coywolf managed, not really sure what else to say in this situation. Her ears lowered again, and her posture was loose and uncertain.

I hope this is enough to reply to. xD

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey b {font-weight:bold; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey i {font-weight:italic; color:#161311;}
.vespergokey ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: pfft, this was enough to reply too. i even think i replied to much! xD

NAKATO'S EYES BLAZED when she remembered the Coyote that killed her mother. Surely this one could be nice... If the Coyote was hostile, he would have killed you by now, reminded the voice inside her head. She shook her head as if to clear it. "Hello," she mumbled, her posture loose in case a battle was coming. Her claws itched to dig into some bark to calm her nerves. She dug them into the earth.

THE COYOTE TILTED his head, as if calculating what to say or what to do with the strange she-wolf that stood there. Nakato looked him over. Smug smirk, usual for all Coyotes. Big ears, that was common too. Long legs, feh, good for running away like the cowards they are. Twitching her ear, she remembered that a Coyote had slaughtered her mother and she was the one to run away. She tried to clear her head. Don't think, she scolded herself. It only distracts you.

SHE LOOKED HIM over one more time. He had all of the characteristics of a Coyote.. but he also had a stocky build, like a dog. And a small, whip-like tail. Her tail almost bolted upright. A Coywolf! She thought they were only myths. Most likely because her pack stayed away from them. Wanting to know more about this mysterious canine, she cleared her dry mouth and asked in a gravelly voice, "Who are you?"

ooc text at top
<style>
#gnakato-a01 {width:75%;max-width:600px;min-width:450px;margin:0px auto;line-height:15px;font-size:12px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#gnakato-a01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.75px;word-spacing:1px;}
#gnakato-a01.table {background-color:#b3bdc7;border:1px dashed #000000;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ibvs7.png);text-shadow:0px 0px 5px #b3bdc7;color:#4f403b;}
#gnakato-a01.table b {color:#17b5dd;text-shadow:0px 0px 3px #ffffff;font-size:13px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;}
#gnakato-a01.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;line-height:13px;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:10px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

“Hello,” the black wolf mumbled, her paws shifting in the soil.

Vesper frowned immediately and took a step back. She was used to the etiquette of loners, who often avoided each other to avoid competition. However, this wolf smelled like it belonged to a pack—or at least had been in pack territory recently. She also did not seem like she wanted to simply walk away; she was more on edge than that. She practically smelled of it, an edginess bordering on aggression that made the coywolf herself bristle. She kept her body language neutral, her tawny tail languidly dropping against her hind legs and her ears at an indifferent angle. She did not want to give the stranger any signs that she was aggressive.

The frown continued to play across her lips until the blue-eyed, dark canine spoke again. Her voice was rough—maybe from disuse, maybe from some emotion, Ves couldn’t tell. “Who are you?”

Noting the upward flourish of the other’s black tail, Vesper lowered her ears once more and answered in a calm tone. “My name is Vesper. I’m a loner. No one special.” She smirked briefly, but it was more to make up for the awkwardness of the situation than at a joke. “What about you? What’s your name, and why are you looking at me like that?” Maybe she was only imagining the other’s look, but the situation was definitely unnerving anyway. She scuffed a paw in the leaves.

Haha, Vesper is a girl. x3 You kept saying "he."

<style type="text/css">
.vespergokey p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.vespergokey {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6cca7; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3370/longvesper.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 510px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:13px; color:#3B322C; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Oh, sorry, didn't realize that x_x Sorry! Fixed now.

NAKATO TILTED HER head. He didn't seem dangerous, but Coyotes were known for their craftiness. He could turn on her and kill her in an instant. She titled her head. "I'm Nakato. I belong to Crimson Dreams, my pack. I'm hunting here," she said as calmly as she could manage. She didn't want the stranger- Vesper, was it? to know that she was scared. He could be a follower of the Coyote that killed her mother. She forced herself to ease up.

THE COYWOLF SEEMED to be not an aggressive type. "So.. are you a Coywolf?" Vesper's expression betrayed nothing.. "I'm assuming by your silence you are," she beamed. "I thought they were only legends. Probably because our pack doesn't want any Coyotes around," she smirked. "And it is cool you are a loner too, but aren't you lonely without a pack? I would be," she said simply.

SHE WANTED TO know more about Vesper. She would return to her pack with jaws full of prey and tell stories about the Coywolf at night. Wait until they find out that Coywolves aren't legends! she thought, inwardly smirking about how honored she would be. They would love her! She smiled at Vesper, but her foot slipped in the leaf decay and she fell face-first into the rotting forest carpet.

<style>
[html]

The black wolf introduced herself as Nakato, mentioning that she belonged to a pack, Crimson Dreams. It was an interesting name for a pack, and Vesper was sure to ask about it later. Right now, introductions on a personal level were more important. She wouldn’t have to worry about a pack unless there were tensions or she ever decided to join one—not likely.

“So…are you a coywolf?” Nakato asked. “I’m assuming by your silence at hat you are,” she went on before Vesper even had a chance to say anything. The hybrid’s blue eyes narrowed slightly with annoyance, but she made no remark until the stranger—who had been so one edge before—continued to babble on.
And then she fell down.

Vesper sprang back as the other female fell down, startled. “Are you all right?” she asked, her tone flat and uninterested. She shook her tawny coat out quickly. “So Crimson Dreams doesn’t like coyotes?” Her lips twitched, unsure whether to smirk or frown. She shrugged. “It certainly does look like you need a pack, but not all of us do, Nakato. I’ve taken care of myself since I was your age.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]