Season's End
--OOC: ...I probably epically failed on this one. I suck at thread starters. XD Sorry about that.--

THE BLACK SHE-WOLF SIGHED as the rain poured overhead. My, my, it sure was raining a lot these days. Eh, not that Evane really cared. The Heaven's wet moisture could matter less in her mind. Right now, she was completely focused on how she could still evade everyone she met.

EVANE DAS ZAS'PARSUS was, in every possible way, an anti-social. She wished to meet no one. She could care less about the world around her. And, most importantly, she refused to make any contact with any other creature that passed her way. Sure, she saw the occasional wolf or fox dart around here and there, but they paid her no mind. And she liked it that way. She wanted to be a living shadow.

AS SHE THOUGHT ABOUT ALL THIS, she stared back into the sky blue eyes blinking up at her from the water. As the water rippled almost every second due to the rain, she scowled as her reflection bored her. She snapped her fangs at the reflection and stalked off. But she immediately stopped when she heard that twig crack. As the thunder clapped in the sky, she whipped around to locate where that noise came from.

THE FAE'S NOW BEWILDERED EYES darted in every possible direction for the source of the sound. Tch, speak of the devil. An outsider invading her personal bubble, which was, by the way, at least a mile long. A low growl escaped from her throat as the hair on her back stood on its end. As the rain fell down around her, Evane finally spoke. She was not about to deal with some stupid animal trying to get some shelter or something of the matter. "Whoever you are," she hissed, her back arching, "Leave. Now."
[html]

It was storming.

The sky was all theatric rumbles: timpani rolls and cymbal crashes. Rain hissed around Vesper as he took shelter under a scraggly tree, managing to get drenched just the same as if she’d been out in the open. Her toes gripped the ground as large ears flattened close to her skull. She appreciated the balance of wet and dry that the Earth played, but at the same time, she hated being caught out in crap like this.

It would be best to venture into Ethereal Eclipse; the forest hardly let any sunlight through, so the same should go for rain. She thought of the darkness that had enveloped the place and frowned, finally breaking out into a run as she tried to reach the thicker tree line.

It was impossible to hear anything over the sound of whispering rain and thunder claps, least of all her own paws or those of someone else. She ran faster until she was within the trees, but it wasn’t as thick here as she would have hoped. Shaking excess moisture from her tawny coat, Vesper sighed and continued marching on. If she was really lucky, she’d find an old fox burrow or something similar and take shelter in it—that is, if the place was shielded enough that it wouldn’t flood.

The thought of drowning made her heart leap into her throat.

She snapped out of the jolt of fear when a voice called through the trees; her ears swiveled forward with interest at the challenge, and a smirk crawled across her face. Was someone else grouchy about getting a little wet, too? This would be infinitely more interesting than seeking shelter; she banished the rain from her mind, knowing that if she kept to the thicker parts of the forest, she’d hardly get wet.

The call was all that Vesper had to go off of; the curtains of rain washed away any scent that had lingered in the air, and she didn’t feel like pressing her nostrils against old leaves to catch it again. She slunk silently through the undergrowth, pausing from time to time, taking care not to let her tail rattle a bush. A few times twigs caught on her fur, but she ignored the tug and pushed through it.

The black she-wolf appeared as she came closer, and immediately the hybrid turned and made a wide arch, careful not to let her paws fall upon brittle leaves or sticks. Had it not been raining, the wolf would have been able to catch her smell, but she wasn’t sure how good the other’s senses were. She simply moved quietly until she was behind the wolf—though still several yards away. She wasn’t stupid enough to stand directly behind a stranger’s tail, where it would be all too easy for them to whirl around. She doubted she could get that close without detection.

“Talking to yourself, are you?” Vesper called, smirking faintly. The expression did not reach her eyes, a blue as light as the other female’s; they remained cool if not completely emotionless. She was interested to know why this one was in such a bad mood.

Coding from The Mentors and Tears, Bones & Desire
Image courtesy of Khevyel@deviantart.com

<style>
.darkves .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.darkves p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.darkves b {color:#71d3ef; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.darkves {background-color:#585b5d; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/351e53l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b454b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.darkves-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.darkves .inner {margin:500px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000;}
.darkves .credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

AS THE BLACK WOLF continued to listen what was going on around her, she wasn't having much luck. The rain was blocking two important things: Scents and sounds. Two things she relied on very much. Ah, just her luck. But that thought almost instantly disappeared once she heard that voice.

EVANE IMMEDIATELY WHIPPED AROUND behind her to face another canine. She almost pounced on it in surprise, but knew better than doing thoughtless acts such as that. The black wolf stepped back a few feet as her blue eyes adjusted on the new figure.

THE SHE-WOLF was skinnier than herself, blue eyed, creamy-colored. Evane noted the ripped ear, along with the numerous scars along her body. And her scowl only deepened at the artful smirk painted on her face. Her ear flickered in annoyance, thus caused her golden earrings to jingle.

EVANE'S BODY LOWERED a bit as the hair on her tail stood up in along with her ebony fur. "What business do you have with me?" she snapped, her voice a bit raspy from not speaking in so long. Evane deeply hoped that the she-wolf would run off after a while; She had no intention in starting up a senseless conversation.

...Lol. Wasn't that such a pleasant surprise?

<style type="text/css">
.razevane b {font-weight:bold; color:#82b4b7;}
.razevane i {font-weight:italic; color:#82b4b7;}
.razevane ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana;}
.razevane p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:11px;}
.razevane {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#4d6c6d; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2uj0zyr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#263536; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

The ebony she-wolf spun around, revealing shockingly blue eyes. She immediately scowled, her lips crawling back as an ear gave a soft metallic ring. She had piercings like many luperci that the loner had seen, but the scent of the multi-formed did not come from her. It was rather refreshing to face someone who was both non-luperci and not reeking of a pack.

It would be a little more refreshing to meet someone who had a bad attitude.

“What business do you have with me?” the she-wolf demanded. Her body lowered a little closer to the forest floor, but it was definitely not a submissive posture—if anything, it looked somewhat like a fighting stance, a half-crouch before pouncing. Her fur bristled despite its layer of wetness from the falling rain, and her tail rose like a banner behind her.

“I thought I heard you talking to me,” Vesper pointed out innocently—though with the number of scars to her lean body, she looked anything but innocent. The intensity of her smirk faded, but it still crept along her lips like a serpent. Her small paws were light on the wet ground as she took a few steps back and to the side, looking like a restless wolf rather than one who was consciously making the decision to stay out of range.

<style>
.darkves {background-color:#565656; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/351e53l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b454b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.darkves-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto; }
.darkves .inner {margin:450px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px;}
.darkves .credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

"I HAVE NO INENTION OF KILLING YOU," Evane hissed back almost immediately after the other wolf silenced her voice, "but will gladly do so if you stay in my territory." She bore her teeth as her whole body shook with anger...and a bit of fear. She hadn't seen another wolf in so long, and her trust in others has vanished completely. If this she-wolf even tried anything suspicious around her, she was as good as dead.

AS MORE LIGHTNING DANCED AROUND HER, Zas'parsus stared the coywolf down with the most lethal glare she could muster up. She was hoping if she could intimidate the somewhat smaller fae, she would leave. But she knew that was not going to be the case. This one seemed confident in herself, and the aura she was giving off proved it. The sandy-furred canine gave the ebony wolf a sense of anxiousness, and Evane was very impatient with her actions. Why wouldn't this wolf leave already? She proved her point that she wasn't afraid of Evane. What more did she want?

EVANE FLINCHED A BIT as the expected thunder followed the lightning, and her train of thoughts crashed. "So what will it be?" she asked with mock kindness. "Life or death?"

<style type="text/css">
.razevane {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#4d6c6d; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2uj0zyr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 24px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#263536; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Vesper’s smirk deepened as the black she-wolf threatened her. Most intelligent wolves would back off in the face of the words and exposed fangs, but while the loner considered herself intelligent, her confidence was a tragic flaw. Whereas some other wolves had a healthy amount of pride, her pride had turned to arrogance seasons ago. She was not going to slink around with her head and tail down and let other canines order her to do something.

“Your territory?” the coywolf repeated, cocking her head and scanning the darkness of the forest. Her blue eyes narrowed as they returned to the brighter ones of the dark stranger. “I’m impressed. Do you have a pack to back up those claims?”

She had learned at a young age that loners couldn’t defend pieces of land. Usually the only neutral territories were leftovers from pack claims, leaving the prey sources less constant. Even when she had been with her family, they had been nomadic, wandering from area to area following the migration and population bursts of prey. Tying yourself down to a forest was useless unless there were comrades to constantly patrol, mark, and defend the borders.

Thunder and lightning crashed around the two females, and the darker of the two flinched at the explosive sound. Vesper’s eyes widened a fraction then narrowed, and the smirk slowly faded from her lips as she focused.

The black she-wolf spoke: “So what will it be? Life or death?”

Vesper did not answer. She remained still until a crack of lightning lit up the sky and the peal of thunder followed a heartbeat behind. In that moment, she stepped forward, shoulders rolling forward and tail dancing up behind her. “Are those the only two options, sweetheart?” she asked—prodding, testing, trying to see if this stranger had any bite behind her bark. She did not necessarily want a fight, but she wouldn’t be completely against it, either. She wanted to see where this dark wolf stood against her. The meeting could end peaceably or with a clash of fangs.

<style>
.darkves {background-color:#565656; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/351e53l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b454b; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.darkves-border {width:500px; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto; }
.darkves .inner {margin:450px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Evane couldn't help but smirk as her eyes narrowed. "Alas, I do not," she admitted with no shame, "My somewhat ironic philosophy on wolf packs is the simple fact that all living creatures within the pack are too weak to live alone. Though I understand full well that my belief is horridly wrong." As the lightning flashed and a clap of thunder immediately followed it, the ebony wolf stepped forward. "I must say, despite my usual anti-social self, I enjoy speaking with you. You're, out of all the other idiotic canines I've met, actually worth talking to. Not completely worth my time, but...entertaining, none the less."

Evane actually surprised herself by saying so much, but she ignored it as her cunning grin faded. "As for the options...As much as I'd love to say yes, it's a definite no. There is a third unavoidable option." Zas'parsus took another careless step forward. "We could engage in battle...Or I could simply pretend I never met you. Either way...State your name. I'm just dying to know."

Her lopsided smile returned as more lightning struck, and her eyes had an eerie flame dancing in them. Why this wolf intrigued her so, she had no earthly idea. Though she could care much less about her, something about her was just...different. It was almost as if she was like Oxymoolé all over again, and though she hated that coywolf's guts, she felt like meeting someone like him again. The cockiness, arrogance, self-appointed dictatorship...She knew all the tricks in proving wolves like him wrong. And she always liked to be right.

She would just have to remember to dispose of her a short time later to stay isolated and away from the world as much as possible.

Lol, I kinda failed on the sky blue opening text stuff. XD Oh, well.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

The meeting started to get interesting.

The black she-wolf, who’d looked tense and had flinched at the peals of thunder, suddenly took a more confident approach to the conversation. She offered her opinion on packs, and while the hybrid started to open her mouth and tell her she didn’t want to hear it, the words “too weak to live alone” made her blink and smirk appreciatively.

“We agree on something—though I don’t think my opinion is as harsh as yours. I like packs whose members have spines, but it makes me want to vomit each time I see a dependent wolf crawling after their leader for scraps.”

She had a healthy dose of self-respect, and she wished to see the same in others. She thought of Sparrow, pressed against their mother’s side, a foil to her confident and independent sister. She thought of the coyotes trailing after Oliver as if he were some idol. All had disgusted her, and in the end, she’d left them when she couldn’t instill in them the guts she had.

“I’m honored,” Vesper said wryly when the female said she was worth talking to. “Glad that I can offer something to do on a rainy day.”

The canine stepped forward under the guise of the storm, just as Vesper had, and she wondered if this was an attempt at mockery or just a shared strategy. Regardless, she kept light on her toes, ready to leap and dodge if she needed to. She pricked her ears at the mention of a battle, her tongue swiping her lips as if she were staring at a piece of prey, then chuckled.

“If you’re so prepared to pretend you’ve never met me, why on earth would you give a damn what my name was?” The tawny wolf flicked her tail once in amusement then added, careless, “Call me Vesper. Want to return the favor?” She said this while beginning to move, pacing in a wide semicircle around the dark wolf, her gait lazy and showing that she didn’t intend to jump in and attack anytime soon. “I wouldn’t say no to a scrap, as long as death isn’t the end result,” she added, putting theatrical and mocking emphasis on the word “death.” Why some wolves were so prepared to throw their lives away battling a stranger was beyond her—but fights got her blood up in the best way.

<style>
.darkves b {color:#71d3ef;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Vesper....Vesper...Easy enough to remember. Not that it would matter too terribly much, but, nonetheless, at least it wasn't as crappy as she had originally believed it might of been. "Evane das Zas'parsus," the black she-wolf replied coolly, bowing her head as her eyes closed, "Evane will be fine." She opened her eyes again as she stepped back.

As the rain started slowing down to a soft pitter-patter and the thunder seemed to die down a bit, Evane flickered her ears again as she turned her back on the hybrid. "It's hard to tell, but it happens to be fairly late. I must go." She cocked her head towards the coywolf and smirked. "Although I wish not to see you again...I care not if we happen to cross paths. In fact, I might just give you the pleasure of a battle next time."

As Zas'parsus began to trot off, she turned back forward and her grin grew. What would this Vesper do in response to her leave? If she reacted in a positive way...Then let the puppeteer begin her job of manipulating this poor little coywolf.

Oh yeah...I kinda added a bit of stuff in Evane's personality...she's very manipulative when she meets people...So, she's not wasteful when someone messes with her...space. XD

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Evane das Zas’parsus. As soon as the words were spoken, the small coywolf’s ears lowered against her slender skull. She loathed the thought of trying to pronounce it, but just as she was about to come up with a demeaning nickname, the other stated that simply Evane would be fine.

“Good,” Vesper said with cool amusement. Her nose wrinkled up slightly. “The canines around here have such long and exotic names.” The names of her family members were all one word and related to nature or natural events—though she couldn’t be too sure about her father. The smallest of frowns pulled on her lips, but she shook the thought of him from her head. He had disappeared from her life what seemed like so long ago, and it was pointless to think about him. He—and Sparrow—were gone.

Evane decided that it was time to leave, now that her demeanor had evolved from grouchy and tense to something annoyingly, falsely pleasant. She spoke of a battle in the future before turning to depart, trotting through the wet woods.

“I’m always up for a spar, my lady Evane,” Vesper said to her back, smirking toothily. “If you ever want to choose something other than life or death.”

With that, she turned as well, ready to explore the rest of the woods now that the rain was letting up. She wasn’t entirely sure how she felt about the meeting that had just transpired, or about the dark she-wolf with the intriguing sky blue eyes—but she was walking away amused and curious to know what another meeting might be like.

OOC -- Manipulation is always fun, though I don't know how well Ves would fall for it. xD Really depends. So wanna call this thread done? PM me if so. :3 Also... I made you another table. >3 It's in a thread in the graphics board somewhere.

<style>
.darkves .ooc {font-size=10px;}
.darkves b {color:#71d3ef;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

I like it!!! Big Grin Thank you, Raze.
Oh, and, I mean...If you want it to be. I'd like ta role play with you again sometime.

Evane stopped. ...Oh? So she did leave. ...No matter. The ebony wolf didn't really care. She wanted to stay alone, after all...But if Vesper did come back...She would be a nice little tool for Zas'parsus' use. Her smirk grew as she started trotting off once more.

As the rain finally stopped falling and the lightning flashed for the last time, Evane easily found the cave her and Oxymoolé once shared and paused at the entrance. For some reason...She could feel his relatively dead aura sparking around the cavern. ...Wait...

The sky blue eyed wolf frowned deeply.

Was that Vesper...A coywolf? No wonder the usual coyote arrogance was apparent in her. And those ears...Too big for a normal wolf. Evane exhaled deeply as she entered her home. How could she just not realize something like that? She hated coywolves with all of her blackened heart. The least she could do is recognize them for the ruthless...things they are.

As Evane stretched and lay down on the hard cold floor of her cave, she reflected on her day's meeting.

...Out of all the coywolves she had seen...This one, by far, was the best.

And if Vesper ever crossed her path again, she would take her sweet time ripping her apart.

<style type="text/css">
.razevane01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#536c7c; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razevane01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.razevane01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razevane01 {margin:0px auto; width:490px; background-color:#e2e4e9; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/33upzf7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6b6361; border-radius:10px; padding: 400px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9ea0a3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]