Mother sea, come wash it all away.
[html]

Word Count :: 300+ Liliya needs to start meeting some packmates and realizing it's not so bad. Silly melodramatic Russian!

This had to end. Liliya didn’t know what to do with herself. The Russian had been sulking about Salsoa for days, going mostly unnoticed by the majority of her now fellow pack mates. It was what she wanted; she desired to fly beneath the radar, to go unnoticed by everyone. If that could happen, then perhaps by some divine edict this could all still be erased – Verusha wouldn’t be a slave anymore, and she would be on her way to find her family. It was an awful tease, and some part of her knew she shouldn’t keep fooling herself. Trying to cling so desperately to hope was only prolonging her pain. She should give in, she knew, but the dulling flame fueled by her Russian blood wouldn’t let her give in, not just yet.

For days she did her best to carry her weight. She wanted to make the charcoal woman happy, so she helped with the chores and brought in as many fish as she could catch from the river, but today Lady Pictou had not been so giving. Time after time she felt that familiar tug on her pole, only to find an empty hook, but it wasn’t until the string snapped back with no hook on its end did Liliya lose it. She swore like a Russian pirate and threw her pole to the ground, abandoning it where it lay by the river.

Frustrated, she stalked away from the river. She didn’t know where she was going, she just kept walking, walking… Her arms folded across her breast, she moved through the afternoon sun, barely paying attention to her surroundings. It wasn’t until she saw a dilapidated old shack that had crumbled to the ground long ago that she stopped. Far off in the distance she could see a body of water, and the very sight of the churning blue bay instantly relaxed the young sailor woman.

The longing in her eyes was plain. How dearly she wished she could sail those waters right now. They could take her so far away from here. She wouldn’t even mind if she didn’t have a vessel… she could just dive in and swim… swim until the sea swallowed her whole.

Image courtesy of 24730945@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-c03 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Scyfe.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#8A99B5; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:85px 0px 10px 0px; color:#262C38; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-c03 b {color:#0B0E15; }
.liliya-c03 .post b:before { content: open-quote; }
.liliya-c03 .post b:after { content: close-quote; }
.liliya-c03 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-c03 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 504

His family for the longest time he had thought that they were gone. He didn’t think that he would ever again be able to see his family and during his captivity had assured himself that this was for the best. Because if he didn’t have to see his family again then he couldn’t be hurt by them and he couldn’t hurt them by showing the state of his body now. Even though he had come to accept and even like the way that he looked because his master liked it, it was still an odd thing to get used to. But then once he got out he came across a family member that he honestly didn’t expect to ever see again. And not only that but the family member he had come across had pups of his own. It was mind-blowing the way that had happened and he had left there feeling slightly better about his situation. His family was happy and the Russos were prospering even if he himself didn’t participate much in that. It was good, the gypsy born male finding that it was a lovely sort of feeling to know that his family was doing well even though he had not seem them in years it seemed. But after he had met him, he hadn’t seen anymore about his family, hadn’t even so much as caught a whiff of one, but that appeared to change today, and he was going to be able to find a new family member today, an unexpected treat for him.

As he was walking, perhaps prowling would be a better word to describe what he was doing, he caught the scent of someone that he didn’t recognize. The hair on the nape of his neck bristled and he approached the scent. Once he came closer though, he realized two things. One, the scent was of a Salsolan female and two, she smelled suspicious, not in a bad way but in a way that tantalized him, letting him know that she was a persons of interest and it would be in his best interest to check in on things. The arbiter gave a low sound in his throat, almost a growl, letting her know that there was someone there. His stance proclaimed him one that was of high rank, his scent definitely that of Salsola. Hardened eyes of glacier color peered out from his life-hardened expression. There was something about him, something distinctly sad and almost reserved about him. He had led a long life after all, one that was filled with misery and woe but it seemed as though this female was not so different from him. The male was covered in scars, from his head down to his feet but the worst were covered up by the clothing that he wore, albeit tattered as his pieces were. Mismatched ears were trained upon her, one ear firm and holding its shape while the other was tattered and broken, looking like something off of a patchwork doll.

<style> .free-a24 .ooc {font-style:italic;} .free-a24 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;} .free-a24 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;} .free-a24 b {color:#7a2e28; letter-spacing:-.2px;} .free-a24 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;} .free-a24 .inner{background-color:#cad4d6; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a24.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;} </style>
[/html]
[html]
+400!

So lost in her reverie she didn't notice anyone approach – then again, she might not have any way because she wasn't expecting anyone to just happen upon her in such an open expanse of territory. Well, what did she think would happen? You can't trounce through your pack lands all day and not run into anyone.

It was the low growl that tipped her off, as was its purpose. An ear flicked toward the sound and soon she turned her gaze to meet the sight of the gray man that approached. Her stormy mood didn't want to welcome this visitor, but it was obvious that this man was of higher rank, and she was now obligated to recognize his authority. Well, damn it, who the hell wasn't higher rank than her? Except for her own mother. She was of one of the lowest rungs... at least she wasn't omega... and as she was learning had to answer to just about everybody.

Despite her mood, she was still primarily wolf, and when presented with someone who outranked her it was natural to recognize this. So before she even knew who the man was, she postured herself accordingly, shrinking her stature slightly and making herself prone to him. In her Optime form, rolling over and showing her belly was a little extreme, but slumping a little and dropping your tail usually did the trick. She nodded politely.

“Hello, sir,” her voice was thick, laden with the heavy Russian accent. She tried to discern whether his growl was one of hostility or had truly just been the announcement that he was there, but without knowing much about the man she couldn't be certain. Her eyes flicked up for the briefest of moments, but she recognized nothing about the man... except perhaps the shades of gray in his pelt. She saw flecks of flesh color... No, a second glance proffered more than just flecks... the man was scarred all over. For a moment she cringed at the markings, wondering what he must have gone through to sustain such injury.

“I am Liliya,” she offered, knowing it must be the proper thing to do to introduce herself to one of a higher stature than herself. She did not realize offering her last name, too, would be so beneficial. “It is good to make your acquaintance.”

The breeze shifted, taking the scent of the sea away from her and carrying the man's scent to her upon a small flurry. There was something so amazingly familiar about this one. Her eyes widened in recognition, yet she couldn't place it. She was sure she'd never met him, so why were her senses telling her that there was something important about him?

<style type="text/css">
.nukimuki b {font-weight:bold; color:#bbc0da; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0b102f; }
.nukimuki p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nukimuki {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#333d7b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/15gsgfq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 485px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9396ad; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 527

He approached the other, not realizing that she was related to him, even distantly. Giving a little sound as he walked into where she was, he didn’t really care that this female didn’t want his presence because he was there and now it was a bit too late to try to get him to go away other than listening to him and doing her best to respond to him positively. And they were in the Salsola lands, why wouldn’t the Arbiter be interested in her and what she was doing, especially if he hadn’t seen her before? She wheeled around to see him and prostrated herself, not completely submissive but good enough. He wasn’t the leaders after all, so this much would be plenty for him. He continued to approach her until he was standing relatively in front of her. Giving a nod of his head in acquiescence and to say that he had accepted her submissive nature, he gave a little tilt of his head as she spoke. Her voice seemed to have an edge of Russian to it, no more than an edge. It was as if someone had dipped her words in the Russian accent and had allowed it to simply roll off of her tongue. But he kept his thoughts to himself for now. He showed no signs of hostility; she hadn’t earned his ire and so would not have to face the sharp ends of his claws just yet. Not unless she screwed up later and would need to be put in her place.

He felt the eyes on him and he looked over at her, giving a little sigh as he watched her cringe and could imagine why she would do so. He didn’t smell bad after all so it had to be his horrifyingly disfiguring scars. He was a mess, and the only one that knew him through and through was his master who wasn’t here right now so he was left to her silent perusing in silence, at least for the moment until she seemed to regain herself enough to speak to him. Her first name didn’t mean anything to him but she didn’t seem to want to offer the last name to him. As she finished speaking, he gave a little bow to her again. ”Nice to meet you too. I am Janos Russo the arbiter,” he introduced himself, not realizing the magnitude of what he just said. His words were laced with the same Russian but it was softer, having begun losing it since his time in captivity. ”I have not seen you before. Are you new here?” He asked her, wanting to be able to recognize everyone. Not because he would necessarily be able to see them again but if he did he would at least like to know that the one he was talking to was one of the older members. He could tell that she was a Salsolan member. If she wasn’t, then she wouldn’t have the scent that she had on her on her and she wouldn’t have gotten this far without either him or one of the other two arbiters interrupting her.

<style> .free-a24 .ooc {font-style:italic;} .free-a24 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;} .free-a24 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;} .free-a24 b {color:#7a2e28; letter-spacing:-.2px;} .free-a24 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;} .free-a24 .inner{background-color:#cad4d6; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a24.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;} </style>
[/html]
[html]
+400!

The man spoke his name and Liliya froze, her usually expressionless eyes staring at his face in utter shock. He might have preferred her sudden excitement to be over his stature in the pack – which in itself was impressive enough – but it was the surname that caught her attention. It was Janos! The Dark Lady had promised her that there was another by the name of Russo among Salsoa's ranks but she had yet to meet her relative. Now he stood before her eyes, this dust-gray and scarred man. She suddenly saw no weakness or pity in his torn up countenance; instead she only saw the Russian blood that coursed through his veins... their blood.

“The Madam... Madam Eris told me about you!” she proclaimed joyously, her arms flying into the air. “On the day I met her and came to Salsoa, I said, 'I am lookink for my family. They are important to me.' And vhen I told her my family name she said that there is another by my name here! This is an amazingk day!” All at once the dark mood and gloomy thoughts that filled her mind vanished, replaced only by the joy of finally finding another Russo.

“My mother and I... I brought her back here from the mother country so we might find our family. Well, she is not Russo – she is Agata... never mind - but I am Russo. And so are you!” She was so happy she could dance. She held out her arms as though she expected what she was saying to dawn on Janos at any moment, as if he too was on a lifelong search for the rest of the Russo pedigree and would leap into her arms, enraptured by the discovery.

“I have been with Salsoa for a few weeks. Maybe just over a month,” she provided the information quickly when she remembered his inquisition. “Mother is with me-” she kindly left out the part about Verusha being caught as a slave for now “-we met the Dark Lady Eris just past the river, near the shore where our boat washed up. She give us food and protection, and in return I give Russo usefulness.” She grinned and nodded as though the statement answered all questions anyone could have about the jobs she does for the pack.

“My father, he is Rurik. You know of him, no? My mother, her name is Verusha, she is here in Salsoa too. Tell me, who is your father? Your mother? You were born in Russia, no? You have accent too. Is little, but is there, is to be proud of.”

<style type="text/css">
.nukimuki b {font-weight:bold; color:#bbc0da; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0b102f; }
.nukimuki p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nukimuki {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#333d7b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/15gsgfq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 485px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9396ad; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]