Here comes the storm.
[html]

Sky had been out and about looking for things, all of which being gathered for her sneaky scheme. She planned on doing something completely off the handle; killing Maska, the new head of AniWaya and the cause behind the war. She had to get in behind enemy lines, though, which meant she needed to be ready. Her current task?

Finding a venomous snake. Normally impossible in the northern lands where they lived, Sky did know of a few possible places she could find some, namely nearby Whisper Beach. The tides there made the area much warmer than the other shores so maybe she'd find what she was looking for. If not then jellyfish or something of the like would do just as well. She didn't want to have to turn to something less lethal, like poison berries or leaves to do the trick. Putting shredded plants into the food would leave a scent and taste. He might end up discovering it and she might end up dead as a result.

Enough of that, though. Sky wandered along the beach with a long stick in her hand, an even fork at the end of it, ready to capture any snake she came across. It needed to be live if she wanted to milk it properly, which meant that this entire expedition was a dangerous one for her. That's why she wore her boots that day, along with her denim pants (skinny jeans, tucked into her boots), a tank top and a leather coat she'd stolen somewhere. Her hands were protected in gloves, a thick leather riding style. The only thing she lacked was a face guard but with any luck, she wouldn't need it anyway.

By noon she'd had no luck and she'd been searching all morning. She'd found burrows with harmless, non-poisonous snakes inside and had been bitten once on the nose by one, but otherwise she'd come up empty handed. It was the middle of the day and by that point, she'd gotten hungry. So of course, the girl went fishing. She was standing waist deep in the water, a crudely made fishing line cast out with worms as bait on the end of a cruddy hook, made out of a safety pin and tied to some thin string, the other end tied to a long, flexible stick. She wouldn't catch anything big this way, but at least she'd have something. Behind her, a campfire on the sand, softly crackling with a low light.

This entire adventure felt all too familliar. She felt like a loner again, a rogue. Good. That mindset is perfect if we're going to be taking out Maska in a few days. Let's hold onto this feeling for a while, hm? Get used to it again. The darker voice inside her commented, now free to speak as the entire plan had been his idea. Sky was just along for the ride, really.

• § : : OOC : : § •
So here it is. Big Grin Hope this is okay.

<style>
.whitelies1 .padded {width:475px;}
.whitelies1 .ooc {text-align:center; text-indent:10px; font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:50px 110px 0px 10px;}
.whitelies1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.whitelies1 b {color:#9BB9CF; letter-spacing:0px; font-familyConfusederif; font-size:14px; }
.whitelies1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IJagu.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFBDAE; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DBD9CA; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 110px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Hells yes! Big Grin Fun times. / +796

Wayne had finally gotten the wagon all fixed up and working like it was brand spankin’ new. He had pulled the siding off of an old house and used it to replace the wood on the metal frame, as well as the sides. The wheels were perfect still, but he searched until he found a big enough rubber type wheel that could be used as a substitute in case one broke. After getting the wood all pounded down into place and testing that it wouldn’t fall apart, he took some thin metal sheets, which were very light weight, and laid them out in the wagon bed. Now not only would it be a stable and strong structure, they could take those metal sheets and use them as a shelter base if needed during their travels.

While Wayne had been working on the wagon, Dixie had her hands full with the beautiful appaloosa she’d named Queen. The mare was fierce, and did not want anything on her back or her face. She fought like a stallion, screaming and slashing the air with her hooves, determined to keep the little white wolfdog away from her at all times. Dixie would just dart in and out, shifting back and forth from lupine to optime form, again and again, until the mare wore herself out. By that time all the fight was gone and the girl was able to get a bridle and a saddle on the mare’s back. After a few days of the same thing, Queen stopped fighting so much and took the riding equipment with only some stomping and snorting.

When Wayne announced that it was time to start moving again, Dixie hopped up onto Queen like she’d been riding the mare for years, without a problem. The large male just grinned and shook his head, hitching Dixie’s stallion Duke up to the wagon and driving it alongside his companion. The smaller appaloosa mare wouldn’t be big enough for him, so they would need to go looking for a new horse sooner or later. Gypsy was back with that man up north, bred and pregnant and living the good life within pack lands until she dropped a foal. Wayne missed her a lot, but knew it would be good for them to get some separation, so it wasn’t so hard to leave her behind. Dixie and Duke were a bit relieved to have gotten rid of the unruly and mean mare for a while. It was a nice vacation from her bad attitude.

The trail they’d been on for the last few hours had them coming upon a beach, the crash and roll of waves soothing to their ears. Coming from the coast of Texas, both of them were accustomed to the ocean and missed the sound greatly. Queen gave a low squeal and crow-hopped a few times as they began walking over the new terrain; her hooves sinking into the sand a bit with each step. Duke just snorted and tossed his head, pulling the wagon along like nothing had changed. Dixie just smiled and rubbed the mare’s neck, calming her and taking her closer to the water, letting her see what was going on and where all the noise was coming from. Wayne barked lowly and growled, calling to Dixie and pointing at something glowing in the distance. Rolling her eyes at his never failing paranoia, Dixie dug her heels into Queen’s sides and yipped with glee as the mare took off.

Galloping down the beach, they reached the small fire and the beautiful wolf in no time. Once there, Dixie pulled on the reins gently and spoke a soft ‘whoa’, letting the mare know to come to a stop. She threw her leg over the saddle and fell to the ground, landing easily on her feet. Holding onto the reins tightly in one tiny hand, she walked around and waved to the brown woman. Hi there, I’m Dixie-May…what has you sittin’ out here all by ya lonesome, hun? Her voice was soft and had that lilted southern accent pulling at the ends of the words. The softness matched her appearance, she was tiny and sweet looking, with soft fluffy white fur and icy teal eyes. Wayne pulled up with the wagon soon after and got down, walking up behind his little female companion and resting a large hand on her shoulder. He was tall, about a foot and a half taller than the white girl, and unlike her, he wore torn up pants and a hat. Large, muscle bulged arms and legs showed that he was a hard worker and the cautious glint in his eyes gave hint to his protectiveness of Dixie and inability to trust easily. Definitely an interesting partnership.

<style type="text/css">
.dixieemaay b {font-weight:bold; color:#babeb5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4b4d49; }
.dixieemaay p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dixieemaay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#888985; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2mzqyo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e5149; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dixieemaay p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dixieemaay p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Oh, well then. Looks like Sky had some company. She heard the tell-tale sound of hooves on sand and dirt before she heard the woman and her partner's voices. She turned around, ears perking curiously, just in time to see the girl ride up upon the little camp and dismount. Her friend came to join her soon after, just as Sky was wading back to shore, her line pulled up and wrapped around the rod she'd been using. Good afternoon, lady and sir. She smiled in return, her own sweet voice easy to listen to despite her troubles.

Believe it or not, I was lookin' for snakes. Got hungry so I set up a fire and went fishing. She hummed for a moment, shaking her leg to get rid of the water dripping down. Name's Sky. She'd have offered a hand to shake except she was rather wet, so the idea was pushed out of her mind rather quickly. Instead, she stood politely, fishing rod in one hand and the other resting casually on her hip.

The little woman was a cute girl, Sky had to admit. She had a soft, southern drawl to her that matched her appearance perfectly, bringing out a sort of country girl look to her. The man she stood by was a taller fellow, though not as tall as Sky's own Taliesin back home. He was obviously a hard, dutiful worker just by the looks of him, probably another country boy like the girl he travelled with.

But Sky only looked at them for a few moments before the beautiful mare the girl had been riding finally caught her attention. Blue eyes lingered on the dusky pelt of the mare, a fond smile creeping across the wolfdog's lips. She envied them, being able to ride where ever they needed to go. Horses were amazing creatures, far stronger and faster than even then most streamlined of wolves.

She's beautiful. Sky commented idly, as if not even realizing she'd been talking. Breaking the stare, she looked back to the petite woman with a smile. Care for a rest? I might have something in my bag we can eat. Apparently I'm not the fishing type. She held up her rod with a sheepish grin, showing off the untouched worm at the end of the hook.

Horsey! ♥

<style>
.whitelies1 .ooc {text-align:center; text-indent:10px; font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:50px 110px 0px 10px;}
.whitelies1 b {color:#9BB9CF; letter-spacing:0px; font-familyConfusederif; font-size:14px; }
.whitelies1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IJagu.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFBDAE; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DBD9CA; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 110px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
You move fast! Saw the Queen icon on Sky's page. xD / +494

Dixie smiled at the pretty blue eye’d women and leaned back against Wayne’s body, resting her muscles. She was tired. They’d been moving for a long time without a break, and Queen was still green under the saddle. Her small body was not built for fighting a stubborn horse for hours on end. Still, she made no complaints and simply smiled, happy that the mare was now calm enough to just stand there with them without any fight at all.

The girl’s head popped up when Sky began answering her question, eyes widening a bit before a slow grin pulled her mouth open. Snakes, huh? Best snakes to find are down south, sadly. Little hellions ya got here are jus’ sad. Skinny, scraggly little thangs, I tell ya. And no poison! Ya’ll oughta get ya some rattlers an’ coppaheads. Them there snakes’ll kill anythin’ you throw at ‘em. She nodded and kept smiling, a bit curious as to what the other woman needed snakes for, but not rude enough to pry for information like some would be.

Wayne stayed silent, simply nodding along every now and then with what she was saying. He caught the longing look that Sky sent Queen, watching her eyes dilate slightly with want and obvious awe. Smiling, he reached out and stroked the mare’s shoulder and nudged Dixie at the same time. The little girl looked at the dark woman closer and saw it as well, the smile never leaving her face. She is a pretty gal, ain’t she? She turned around and unbuckled the saddle, tugging it from the mare’s back and hefting it over to the wagon. Wayne held onto Queen until Dixie returned with the soft rope halter and exchanged it for the newer rope bridle.

We caught her while helpin’ a friend catch and train his own horse about three weeks ago. Dixie started to wipe the mare down with her bare hands, simply rubbing the dust and grime away from her beautiful spotted, multi-colored coat. In the process, the little white girl got herself nice and dirty, but she didn’t seem to mind at all. After Wayne here sent his mare off to one of the packs for breedin’ we had to train Queen pretty quick, cause Duke has to pull the wagon…

Sky seemed to be a bit uncomfortable when she mentioned her fishing skills and the food supply. Shaking her head, Dixie just laughed and went back to the wagon, grabbing her saddle packs and carrying them over to the fire. Opening the top flap, she reached in and pulled out a handful of caribou and salmon jerky strips. Moving closer to Sky, she reached out and waited for the girl to take it. We always try to have some food stored for times like this. Also, we grew up on the coast down south…I can teach you to fish in the mornin’ when we can see what we’re doin’.

<style type="text/css">
.dixieemaay b {font-weight:bold; color:#babeb5; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #4b4d49; }
.dixieemaay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#888985; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2mzqyo.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e5149; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky grinned when Dixie laughed it off and trotted over to the wagon, coming back with some food. Just some strips of dried meat, but at least it was something. Sky sat herself down beside the fire and thanked her as she took her share. I wish I could take you up on that offer, Dixie-May... but unfortunately, I have a lot of travelling to do. I've been looking at joining up with a neighboring pack but I want to make sure I'm ready first. She'd never dare explain her situation to the girl and her manthing. For now, they could be led to believe she were a loner.

I'm not the fastest on four legs, so I'm leaving myself a good day or so for travel time. I wanted to be there by dusk tomorrow but it doesn't look like I'm gonna manage that. She rolled her shoulders in a shrug as she paused to eat a piece of the jerky, to which she hummed appreciatively at the taste. It was well done.

Besides, you two ought to be busy, yes? I don't want to steal away any time. It's already too much that I'm eating your food. She smiled politely at the two, her eyes shining in that usual way. Thank you, by the way. It's been a while since I last enjoyed such good company... though your fellow's a touch the silent type, I suppose. Sky's eyes flicked to the man, Wayne, with amusement and curiousity. He hadn't spoken since the two had arrived. She wondered what his voice sounded like...

Omnomwhut. xD Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited about her. She's a beautiful horse and Sky's gonna love having her around.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Ok, so a tiny bit of PP'ng, hope thats ok. >< / +679

Wayne was busy letting Duke loose from the wagon and sorting their things out. It was an easy enough job and giving the two girls some time together to talk and socialize. Dixie leaned closer to Sky and smiled as the other woman talked; taking in everything she was saying and mulling it over. Traveling a lengthy distance on her own two (or four) feet…that was something that Dixie had never really done before. She’d always had a hulking beast of a companion to carry her for long lengths of ground. The concept was pretty hard to build up in her mind and she started shaking her head. Why don’t you get a horse? They are great companions, strong and fast…and they are good fighters as well. Before we got Queen, Wayne’s horse Gypsy and my Duke over there killed a mountain lion after it attacked Duke and I. They stomped it to death…Its skin is now a part of the wagon.

She shook her head slowly and stood up after another few moments of listening to Sky talk about traveling. Her hand went out and stroked over Queen’s face. The mare sighed heavily and bobbed her head a bit, eyes drooping as she dozed while standing there near the warm fire. You ain’t no burden at all, hun. We ain’t got nowhere to be. Loners, travelers, rogues…call us what you may. She turned back to look at Sky and held her hand out to the brown woman, beckoning her closer. ”We got us plenty of food, and now that we are on the beach, I can go fishin’ when the sun shows itself and catch us some new jerky. Now…come on over here and put your hand on this horse’s neck. Stand right here in front of me. Dixie waited until the other girl moved closer and obeyed the gentle order, hoping she didn’t take offense to being bossed around by a pup half her size.

Wayne leaned against Duke, the stallion was nudging the sand with his nose and pulling up little pieces of sea grass. The man smiled as he watched the girls, letting them interact with the mare before moving any closer. He walked up and slid an arm over Queen’s back, rubbing the spotted horse’s withers gently. ”Ya’ll lookin’ mighty fine with this here pony…” He grinned and nudged Dixie’s back gently, teasing her and the other female without being rude. Dixie just rolled her eyes and shook her head a little, taking comfort in the sound of his deep and rumbling voice. It sounded as if he spoke from his chest, almost a growl with a southern accent. The voice very much fit his bulky and gruff appearance. Smiling still, he patted the mare’s back and walked off to sit by the fire, chewing on some of the jerky while he watched the three females.

Queen’s eyes opened when she smelled the new canine and felt the new touch, her head swinging around to get a better look. There was no hostility in her gaze and her body’s posture stayed relaxed and comfortable. Dixie grinned and moved a way as well, watching as Sky stood there petting the appaloosa. He’s right, Miss Sky. You look good together…Now I can’t give you my saddle, since it was a present from my Pa, but you can ride with a nice thick skin and a halter just as good. Queen was a pretty smooth ride and as long as Sky could hang on and just let the mare run, she’d be perfectly fine. It’ll be a while before we find another herd I reckon…so you can have my saddle skin, it has a belly cinch so you won’t go slidin’ off. I can make another while we search for some more horses. Getting closer again, she pressed her muzzle against Queen’s nose and gave her a little kiss, smiling when the horse nuzzled her face. Say hello to your new Mama, Queen. Miss Sky here is gonna take good care of ya I’m sure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky obeyed silently, slightly intimidated at the sudden order, though it was probably just surprise at the sudden demand in the girl's tone. She placed a gently hand on the mare's neck, tracing gentle waves over the short fur there. Just as she was admiring the soft feeling of it, Wayne, the larger fellow, finally spoke up, a deep voice befitting of his stature. Sky glanced over at him and smiled, though she was unsure as to what he meant by it.

Queen, as the mare was called, turned to look at Sky, who kept her hand there in subtle strokes. When Dixie moved away, Sky brought a hand up to Queen's nose, smiling like a kid. She'd always loved their noses, soft and velvety.

Only a moment of this passed before Sky glanced over at Dixie as she spoke, going on about not being able to give her a saddle.. and... what? She's giving me Queen? She realized suddenly, ears flicking back and a stupid grin ever so slowly working its way onto her face. Her hand dropped as Dixie came closer again, making the offer final and apparently no longer an option.

Sky was completely dumbfounded. She had a horse. Blue eyes glanced at Wayne over by the fire, chewing his jerky, then at Dixie-May, a smile on her face in all seriousness... then at Queen, her new...

I don't know what to say... She murmured softly, obviously thrilled with her gift, her new companion. Her tail waved unevenly behind her, twitching every time it centered out but flicking quickly in happy excitement. Horses were tough to take care of but she knew enough from working a few shifts in the stables back home. As long as Queen got the right attention and care, the two could make quick work of the distance between them and their destination. Asante sana...!

That's fine. :3 Sky's all excited!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Fun times. ^.^ / +526

Dixie stepped back and watched the brown girl as she realized what was going on, a small grin pulling up her lips. Shaking her head slightly, she walked back to the wagon and grabbed the saddle skin, bringing it back over to the mare. Queen stood still as the little girl tossed it up onto her back and cinched it tightly around her belly, making sure it was tight enough to stay on without slipping around. The mare already had the halter on, as they weren’t confident enough in her attachment to them yet and feared that she might run away. Stepping back again, she turned to Sky and nodded slightly. Hopefully you’ve got a little ridin’ experience…if you can, hop up on and get comfy, kay? Dixie held onto the halter and lead rope, tying the far tip of the lead into the unconnected side of the halter to make a functioning set of reins. Flicking the loop over the mare’s head, she positioned the soft rope near Sky so she could grab it when ready.

Keeping her hand curled into the halter so the mare wouldn’t start moving until Sky was ready, Dixie stood there and watched. They really did look good together. The few brown spots and streaks in Queen’s coat matched Sky’s coloring perfectly, making them a good matched pair. Smiling, the little girl let her hand slide away and dropped it to her side. She’s a good girl, might spook a little ‘cause you’re a new rider…but she ain’t been buckin’ much and don’t take off without command. Feeling confident that Sky would be fine, she walked over and sat down with Wayne, leaning against him as they both watched the Mare and her new owner. The male smiled and held a piece of jerky up to her mouth, making it his duty to see that she ate something, as she usually forgot. ”You know we gotta find us a new horse now, right? Duke can’t take this burden by himself for much longer…he needs a break.” His voice was soft and spoken close to her ear so as to not distract Sky, just wanting Dixie to know his thoughts on the matter.

Dixie sighed and nodded her head, smiling as the stallion they were talking about made an appearance. The medium sized chestnut horse walked up and came to a standstill at their backs, resting his nose on the girl’s shoulder and sighing heavily, as if to confirm Wayne’s words. Frowning a little, she reached up with both hands and rubbed his face and neck, using her nails to give him a good itching. I know, Wayne…but I just can’t let that sweet girl go walkin’ on her bare feet for long distances! Not when we got us a perfectly good horse right there that we woulda given away sooner or later anyway. She shook her head a little and frowned, staring at the fire for a bit. A slightly uncomfortable feeling churned in her stomach as she thought about Sky and her long distance traveling. I get the feelin’ that she’s gonna be needin’ Queen more than us.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky didn't need much more convincing than that. As soon as the saddle skin was secured and the halter fixed into reigns, the girl was hoisting herself up carefully, easily even. She'd ridden enough to know the basics as a pup but otherwise this was a new experience. The odd part? When normally inexperimental Sky grabbed hold of the reigns, seemed to completely forget Dixie-May and Wayne were still there and with a sharp 'hey', she nudged the mare into a swift trot.

They circled the beach a few times as Dixie and her partner talked, Sky occasionally laughing as the turned and moved in good stereo. She was grateful for the saddle not being there, her tail resting on the mare's back much like a narrow blanket would, limp and bouncing with each step. Sky herself seemed to take to the mare naturally, moving with her and enjoying her ride to the fullest.

She came trotting back over after a while, sliding off Queen easily and leaning an arm over the horse's back in some sort of hug. You're a fine girl, Queen. Good girl. She murmured as she stepped back towards the fire, holding the reigns in one hand and resting her other hand on Queen's shoulder. She's got some bounce in her step. Sky commented upon reaching the campfire. Should get me places in good time if we pace it right. Thank you both so much. She's a life saver.

Like Casper was now, Sky could sense a good companion in Queen. The mare had a gentle soul compared to the lady now riding her. A good contrast that would keep them both out of trouble. You do know I'm going to spoil her rotten now, right? A cheesy grin flashed across the wolfdog's face and though tired from her trek to the beach, the girl kept standing beside her new horse, too afraid of a dream to let her go. Every girl grew up wanting their very own pony. Now Sky had hers.

<3

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
this post sucks so bad. >.< i'm tiiiired. / +431

Sky seemed to be a pretty good rider, so Dixie decided to pass up giving any lessons. There was no reason for her to teach when it wasn’t needed; it would have just been a waste of time. Wayne kept talking to the girl as they watched the appaloosa mare trotting around, her hooves lifting proudly even though it was clear that she was tired from traveling all day. Queen liked Sky, something that was easy to see for the two horse smart canines. They could simply tell just by watching the two together, there was already a bond forming and it looked to be strong. As long as the brown woman took good care of the young mare, the mare would take good care of her.

When Sky pulled up near the fire and slid off of Queen’s back, Dixie tilted her head up with a slight smile and watched. The mare was calm and at ease with the new woman, seeming to already know that she was in good hands. There was no fear or hesitation as the horse turned her head and nuzzled the blue eyed woman, just a budding friendship. That was some mighty fine ridin’, Miss Sky…and it looks like you got yourself a new friend there. Queen’s taken a likin’ to ya already. Standing up, the white girl curled her arms around Duke’s neck and held onto him, soaking in the heat that his huge frame was giving off. The winter wasn’t quite there yet, but Dixie and Wayne weren’t used to the cold nights yet. Their bodies were still acclimated to the warm that came up until December all along the southern half of North America.

You look tired, hun. Were you just gonna sleep out here on the beach tonight? Seems like a good idea. Walking over to the wagon, Dixie got a second halter and brought it over to the dark gold stallion, fitting it to his head snuggly. We usually tie these two together at night so they can move around. Duke won’t leave us, so Queen will be safe with him. She took the ‘reins’ she’d fashioned for Sky and tied the end of Duke’s lead to them, securing the knot tightly. Rubbing both the horses, she patted their rumps and sent them off, grinning when they just trotted a few yards off and stopped, both of them looking worn out. Dixie nodded to Sky and went back to Wayne, curling up in the sand at his side and closing her eyes. See you in the mornin’ Miss Sky…

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sky grinned stupidly again as Dixie complimented her riding. She was glad to have the approval. She watched quietly as the southern girl tied the two horses together and sent them off, talking about going to sleep. It sounded like a good idea... unfortunately, it wasn't in Sky's agenda. Or rather, it wasn't in that dark voice's agenda... and despite letting Sky have her fun, he had other plans, plans that could now happen before arriving in AniWaya thanks to the gift the two strangers had presented the young medic.

Good night, miss Dixie. Good night, mister Wayne. Sky murmured, sitting down by the fire as it slowly faded into a burning ember. She'd wait.

As much as Sky hated having to work the poor, tired mare, she knew that the sooner she left, the sooner her plan could be put into motion. Crimson Dreams needed the relief and she couldn't take any breaks. With no poisonous snakes around, the girl would have to find some other way of poisoning Maska, some undetectable thing.

So she waited until the two were fast asleep. The moment the fire died and the pair were off in dream land, Sky got up silently and moved over towards the two horses. Queen was already nodding off as Sky approached. I'm sorry about this, Queen. She whispered to the mare as she untied her from Duke. A very soft snort was her answer and the hybrid could sense confusion and weariness from the mare. Come on. I don't want these two in any danger because of me. We're in this together now, okay? That seemed to clear the confusion a bit, though it lingered.

Sky mounted the mare and with a soft click, the two were off into the night, leaving the friendly pair of horse wranglers behind to sleep. Once they were out of earshot, Sky nudged Queen into a tired but even run, making as much distance between them as possible.

I'll remember your kindness, Dixie. I owe you for this. I'll let Queen rest again once we're away from the shoreline. I can't let you figure out what I'm up to. You already know too much. Sky thought to herself as she rode along. We'll repay them someday, Sky. The dark voice reassured. But we have more important matters to attend to first.

...Yes, Sanja. Sky murmured. I know.

Not only does the dark voice in Sky's head finally have a name, but now Sanja and Sky are getting along!? This can't bode well. Sky makes a quick escape into the night with this exit post. She and I love Queen. Big Grin Thank you so much.

<style>
</style>[/html]