Driving me Crazy
[html]

OOC: took me long enough eh?

Niro found himself surrounded by buildings. He hadn't thought about where his bird was leading him, as that was what he was doing, following the red tailed hawk. Stopping, Niro could feel the fur on his neck rise. The last time he'd been in halifax he had almost been killed by a crazy wolf that lived in an office building. He looked around for Tobias who had disappeared behind a building, then he looked to see if he could see anything coming at him. So far so good. Taking a chance he whistled for the bird to come back. He was suppose to be showing Niro where there was something to hunt.... he could not hunt in the city no matter if there was an injured moose there or not. It was just too dangerous.
Niro kept a close eye and ear of things around him. He was on high alert, and was ready to bolt if something came running at him. He wasn't about to be caught unawares in this place again. No way! He crept forward, again calling for Tobias to come back. Marahute, who was sitting on Niro's shoulder, flapped her wings in protest. She knew that Tobias was in trouble, and that she hoped to see him caged for a while. That was Niro's perception the large golden eagle. He was normally right about her as well. He stool still, though he felt he really should be walking. He was tired of chasing after the stupid hawk.

<style>
.nitoboiii .ooc {font-style:italic;color:#000; }
.nitoboiii p {padding:3px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.nitoboiii b {color:#b3997e; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.nitoboiii {background-color:#443a31; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.nitoboiii .text {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:397px; margin-top:-80px; text-align:justify; padding:-150px 0px 10px 0px; }
.nitoboiii-border {width:397px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / + 349

Zalen had found himself in Halifax again, trying to quell his boredom. He was rummaging through street level shops today, the majority of them already having been picked clean, but it hunt was always exciting. Today he found himself in some kind of strange object store, the majority of the objects were broken and unrecognizable as always, covered in dust and grime and completely unappealing to him. With a sigh he raised himself up from his crouching position and cracked his back. He moved outside of the darkness of the hume structure and seated himself on a broken bench outside for a break.

This place was very creepy he had long decided. The towering hume buildings and skeletons of cars and other things made this place seem like some kind of twisted graveyard. It didn’t always smell too good either, especially in the heat of the day. But it was much cooler today, there was a slight breeze and Zalen felt relaxed as he closed his eyes for a moment.

He was thinking about Lucia again, her intoxicating scent, her standoffishness. Her very being was so opposite from his own that he could not understand what drew him to her so. He decided that if he did find anything of value today that he would gift it to her and that idea made him smile.

Suddenly his thoughts were cut short by the sound of flapping wings and Zalen’s eyes shot open to see where the sound was come from. He then saw something in front of him and that made his blood chill and his hair stand on end. It was a red tailed hawk and it had just alighted upon a jutting piece of metal above him. It sat there, staring into his soul and Zalen shuddered. It must be her again, coming to tell him something, or just to stare at him. The last time she had come in the form of a hawk she had given him the feathers that now resided in his mane. He swallowed as the silence dragged and then spoke, Ruby…?

<style type="text/css">
.zalentar002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#905549; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a100b; }
.zalentar002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalentar002 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#6a4a44; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1198jz7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967063; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalentar002 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalentar002 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:267 OOC: <3

Tobias perched quietly on the jutting piece of iron, looking down calmly at the man that now stood staring at him. He ruffled his feathers a little and called out, a high pitch scream that could be quite annoying if he continued for a long time. He stayed where he was though, continuing to keep his eye on the bird.

Niro heard the call, it was normally used to call Niro to prey if they were too far apart for Niro to see.... there was prey animal in this disaster? Moving cautiously, he walked forward to where he heard the bird scream. Marahute watched moving her head this way and that, soon focusing on where the redtail sat. Niro was preoccupied by the wolf that now stood under Tobias. Niro had stopped a good distance away. This wolf seemed well grooms, which meant it wasn't the insane wolf he'd met so long again. No he even had decoration in his hair, kind of like Niro's but as this darker male had redtail hawk feathers, the great mohawked one had golden eagle feathers, Marahute's since the ones he had before were far too worn to use anymore.

“Excuse me, who's Ruby? Did you lose a hawk too? I'm afraid his name is Tobias”

He said, wondering if the man could be a falconer like Niro, it would be great to know another one, it would give Niro something to finally talk about, but he was still cautious of the man, as he didn't know who he was nor what kind of disposition he held.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
[html]
OOC / + 255

When Zalen heard a male voice instead of a wispy female one he nearly jumped out of his skin. Turning quickly he saw a male Luperci standing nearby, a large eagle on his shoulder and obviously the handler of the hawk perched above him. Zalen was relieved it wasn’t her, but still somewhat startled by the sudden appearance of the man, Oh, no, no I just thought it was… he stammered, before taking a deep breath and calming himself, sorry, I thought it was a different hawk I knew, but not my own. Zalen stood to face the man.

Something about the way the mohawked wolf stood made Zalen realize he was in the presence of a superior, though he forced himself not to show any submission, for this was neutral ground and they were as equals here. But the sense of it was almost overwhelming and in Zalen’s heart there was a spark of jealousy. Clearing his throat he bowed his head slightly despite himself, I am Zalen. I am sorry if I bothered you and your hawk, I was just rooting through the old hume stuff to see if there was anything interesting. No luck so far. he smiled awkwardly.

Looking back at the red tailed hawk Zalen felt that queasiness enter his stomach again, the feeling that he had when Ruby’s spirit made herself known. But luckily, he couldn’t feel the chill of her presence now, though in the back of the mind he knew she was watching, as she always was.

<style type="text/css">
.zalentar002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#905549; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a100b; }
.zalentar002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalentar002 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#6a4a44; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1198jz7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#967063; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalentar002 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalentar002 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Niro couldn't wonder if the man was unnerved by Tobias, but he spoke of another hawk and the man smiled sadly. It was hard to lose someone, including a companion that wasn't of their species.

“I'm sorry I hope you find your hawk, they can be tricky birds. Tobias was just playing games with me. As usual.”

Niro didn't know he was probably saying the wrong thing when he spoke, not knowing the other man might not want the bird to come back, but Niro kne nothing of the man's past. Niro held up his arm but the hawk folded his wings, and then took off further into the city. Niro groaned a little, and put his hand over his face. The bird was in so much trouble.

“There is no need to be sorry, I think it is I who should be, since I don't think I wanted to come here in the first place.”

Niro's interest was perked a little though, when the man mentioned sorting through stuff for something interesting. Niro rose an eyebrow and looked to see if he could find the hawk, but so far no sight of him and though Niro wasn't a chicken he didn't think he would want to make it through the city alone.

“My name is Niro Takekuro, it is a pleasure to meet you. If you want I could help you? Since my hawk is still flying through the city and I need to get him back I'll have to go further, I could do with a bit of company.”

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +206

The man seemed friendly enough and Zalen relaxed, just as the hawk took flight deeper into the city. This seemed to irk the handler a bit, but he brushed it off as he introduced himself. Zalen wondered of which pack he belonged to, since he smelled not of Anathema, the only pack that Zalen was very familiar with.

Well met, Niro. Zalen said after the man had given his name, I would be more than happy to have you as company, though I must admit I’m not quite sure what I’m looking for. Which was true, he had no clue what he was looking for, but he wanted to give Lucia something the next time he saw her. Last time they had shared each other’s presence she had been so distant that he couldn’t help but want her even more. Perhaps a gift would warm her icy heart.

Zalen turned and began to head in the direction Tobias had flown, searching the ground with keen eyes, peering into the darkness of store fronts, Niro, where do you hail from? You seem like a wolf with responsibility. Do you lead a pack? Zalen was cautious in the way he asked this, he didn’t want to sound rude.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zzalenspi p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zzalenspi p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Smile) WC:263

The man let himself smile for a bit, though his frustration with the bird was apparent. He was happy he wouldn't have to move through the city alone. He shrugged as the man admitted to not knowing what he wanted in the first place.

“In human places like these, most of the time we never know what we are looking for. The stuff we seek tends to find us,”

Niro said starting to walk slow, keeping his eyes out for the stupid bird. Not only the bird but anything that could possibly want to rip his throat out. Niro was quite confident in his fighting skills but there were some encounters that he never wanted to experience again and that was with that wolf in the factory. Looking back at Zalen Niro smiled.

“I live in Cour des Miracles, I'm the majordomo, or also the babysitter of the pack, and huntsman.... quite a combination I know, but I like what I do, I'm afraid that out here my high rank means little and I'm on the same footing as any other wolf.”

Niro was a humble wolf and didn't care much for the attention that his titles gave him. Yes he was highly ranked, entrusted with the pups, but he was also a hunter, and still a man, and he could easily bleed like any other. Niro had always been cautious all his life, due to the unfortunate upbringing in Florida. He was not willing to trust easy, and not willing to give anyone an excuse to hurt him.

<style>
.niro-c03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-c03 b {color:#0B151E; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niro-c03 {background-color:#CDE7FE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/nirogift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 318px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A3F52; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-c03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Rubiks cube! / +279

Zalen listened to the man speak as his eyes scanned the gray rubble about them. So this man was from Cour des Miracles, a pack of which Zalen had only heard mentioned one time. He did not know much about them, nor where exactly they were located, but this did not bother him now. He had become increasingly aware of the turmoil in Nova Scotia, especially between Aniwaya and Crimson Dreams, but as far as he was concerned, the rest of the packs were still relatively peaceful, save perhaps Salsola and their slaves and the madness that was Inferni.

Suddenly, something of color caught his eye in the mass of gray and he stopped in his tracks, looked at the spot intensely, all senses focused on it. There, in the dirty, was something. He trotted over to it quickly, sniffing around before moving some rubble aside to reveal one of the strangest objects he had ever seen. He lifted it gently, it was small and fit in the palm of his hand. It was a multicolored cube, made up of small blocks of white, orange, yellow, blue, red and green scattered around its six size. As he examined it he found that its face could move independently of each other, and this amazed him.

Standing he quickly brought it over to Niro, the excitement of the find getting the best of him, Look, what do you think it might be? What a strange hume thing… He was completely lost as to what it might be, but it was beautiful and strange and would be perfect to give as a gift to Lucia, a wide grin came to his face.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 264 OOC: Sorry it took so long to reply, forgive me ; ;

Niro knew his talk of his pack was boring, but the man wanted to know... now if he'd asked about the birds, he'd go into an animated discussion of how he came to become a falconer, but the man did not, instead they were both distracted by what Zalen found. Niro perked his ears up as he followed the man who moved a little rubble to pick up something small. His eyes moved from one side of the street to the other, and make sure there was nothing hiding inside one of those storethings. Looking back he saw what the man was holding and tilted his head.

“I have never seen it before, what do you suppose it does?”

Niro knew things had a purpose, though with what humans made, not everything was quite useful, many things were things to show of their status in their social lives, or just something that had no reason, like some of the strange “Art” he had seen around the many places he went. Humans weren't structured, and he thought that was the reason for their demise. He noticed the grin on the man's face, then gave him a quizical look.

“Did you see something I missed?”

He asked, totally perplexed. He wasn't about to take it out of the man's hand, that was entirely rude but he wanted a closer look, maybe there was something on it that gave a clue as to what it was and Zalen thought it was amusing.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#0f0f1e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Sorin[/html]
[html]
OOC / +244

Zalen was so wrapped up in his thoughts about the weird gift in his paw that he had completely forgotten about the mohawked man and his golden eagle standing beside him. After coming back out of his thoughts he looked dumbly at Niro for a moment before regaining his sense, Oh! Uh… well the reason I was looking around here for something was to find a gift, and I think this’ll be perfect, whatever it is. he said this while spinning one of the faces of the cube over and over again.

Zalen looked up at the bird perched on Niro’s shoulder, now giving it his full attention. It was a large and beautiful bird of prey and Zalen had never seen one this close up before and a part of him wanted to reach out and stroke its golden brown feathers. Having an eagle or hawk to help one hunt must be very convenient.

Tell me Niro, how does one become a bird keeper like you? Is it hard to train them? Do they make good companions? He was only asking this because sometimes days could get quite lonely in his den, and perhaps a bird or other animal companion might be good for his soul. Though he wondered with the experienced he had had with the red tailed hawk in the burnt lands might steer him away from that particular breed. Still, he was curious to see what Niro had to say.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]