disrupt the world's disorder
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

WOOOOOO MAAGIES BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!! (someone bring tha booze ;D) welcome to all of salsola, even if Magz doesn’t know your character. The more the merrier! <3 Set yesterday (9/21), in the early afternoon, at Magnolia’s residence in the heart of the ruins, near Lark and Eris’ pad :3
ALSO just so everyone knows i want this to be a quick thread please, you don't have to write them too long. i just want it to be fun and to have as many people involved as posisble! :O
Words: 724

The silvery woman woke up in the morning, albeit begrudgingly, and found herself staring at the disintegrated building above her. The morning light filtered in, though her bed was below the last of the ceiling and was shaded. The optime lady stretched her legs, yawned, and curled back up into a ball again. She had no reason to get up, nothing going on today. She sighed, and watched the little specks of dust play in the morning light. She wasn’t needed anywhere. What a depressing thought to wake up to.

She stayed this way for several hours, idly resting, until her empty belly made her get up. Her hunger got the best of the Associate, she hadn’t eaten in a while and it was quite a dreadful feeling invading her body. Sighing, she shifted to her four-legged form and ran out of the ruins, into the sparse other lands that she frequented. An hour or so went by, with Magnolia only catching a few hares and rabbits. Still hungry, the girl kept moving. She was silent, walking briskly, but still determined to find more food. Her stomach was still grumbling, and the girl pouted. This wasn’t going to be easy, was it?

Finally. There. A flash of brown caught her eye, and she followed it, stalking it in the high grass like a cat. A spotted fawn and its family were on alert, but Maggie kept her silence and slunk into the vegetation. She smiled, hoping she could bring something back to her pack that would be appreciated. After a while Maggie noticed the fawn was limping, and soon the family relaxed again after a moment of panic. Now grinning, the girl waited for perfect moment to strike. It almost seemed as if they’d never move closer, but one of the stags chose to graze in the field she was hidden in. The limping fawn followed its father, and with a flash Maggie attacked. The fawn got away, but the fast girl caught it, gripped its neck with all she had, and took it down. The rest of the herd ran away, but Maggie got her prize. She was positively beaming, blood covering her face, as she dug in and satiated the hunger in her stomach.

This was an occasion to be celebrated! Magnolia got her big kill for the first time, without messing up. After having her fill she girl shifted back into her preferred form, and carried the carcass back to her home, blood running down her stomach. She wanted to share this with her new family. As she walked through the ruins with the fawn she howled as loudly as she could, singing of food and celebration. The deer was placed upon a makeshift table made out of a pile of tree bark, and in a flurry of anxiousness the girl quickly cleaned her modest home, brushing away the leaf litter and arranging her jewelry on the floor in the neatest way possible.

A bubble of excitement poured out of her very full belly as she waited for whoever would make it over to her home. Is it my birthday? the associate asked herself after a time, jade eye wide with wonder. Lolita had said she was born late in the summer, when the winds brought the scent of fall into the air. Beaming, she let out a yip of happiness as she continued to arrange her pretties on the floor, tail wagging eagerly. The thought of Foxglove and Niro crossed her mind, temporarily casting a shadow on her face. She wondered if Foxglove knew it was her birthday too. Maggie sighed momentarily, but pushed the sad thoughts clouding her mind out. Now was not a time to be sad.

Magnolia made her way across the room, and looked at Kimbra lovingly. She adored her new pet! Since returning from the Kingdom, she had been focusing on her new friend to get the bird to trust her. It had taken a long time, with each day Magnolia earning Kimbra’s trust a little more. Today, the bird stood on her perch, watching the wolf’s activities with an air of curiosity.You’re going to meet everyone today! she said to the other duotoned female, wishing the little thing could understand her. Maybe she could. Who knew.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

i played it as if there wasn't really a door, if that's wrong/it matters, i can change. xD denver's bein all nice and stuff... Tongue

That morning, Denver found himself flipping through a weather-beaten book pilfered from Halifax. The book was one of a few titles he'd managed to find. He had been excited to see books again, despite their age and deterioration. This particular title was rather basic and uninteresting; it was an introduction to gardening and plants. He flipped through the thinning pages, careful not to rip them apart with his careless movements. At the back of the book, he found something more interesting: the tools. Pale eyes narrowed in interest as he began to read over the tools and their uses. Many were familiar to him, but he'd paid little attention to them as a boy, preferring to stay away from the dirt and insects.

Maggie's voice came sudden, nearly startling him in the serene silence of the sunny morning. He stood, marking it's page and setting it down. What's she celebrating so early, he though with a grin to himself. Since their recent violent task together, the pair had become close. Denver peeked into the stained mirror, straightening his short hair and donning his jacket once again. Peering around the room he spotted a bottle; another thing he'd found in the city. It was a dark red wine; strong, but sweet, he had decided with a sniff. Grateful, he grabbed it up and moved out the door, navigating the winding lichen-covered halls to Magnolia's own residence.

Pink nose inhaled the air near her home, and it bore no other strong scent, yet. Glad to be the first to meet her, he moved to "Hey," he called out as he approached her home, thick-glassed bottle in hand. He moved into the doorway. "What're you celebratin' this early in the day, hmm?" Looking around, his pale eyes found the bird. For a moment, Denver's face screwed up in a look of shock and uncertainty; after a moment, though, he realized that it was her pet. He would avoid it nonetheless. "You've got a bird..." A rhetorical, useless statement, but he couldn't say much else as his gaze lingered on the thing. Shaking his head, he blinked and focused on her. "I, uh, brought you this." He held the bottle out to her, eying the label to be sure it was the right one. Porto, it said. It would be good, he hoped.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

333(+3) :: Hi! Xochime is here! she doesn't really have anything to offer to magz, but perhaps a hug? Oh, and i think that we had another thread?

Little did she know about the time there in Salsola. She only learned to keep track of the time by the weather -- which was much colder than back at Mexico. Everyday was as monotonous as the other, and she put all her effort on making each of them different. However, she had developed some kind of routine. Every morning, she woke up to the sound of birds chirping around the small ditch that she had used as her temporary bed, looked for something to eat, and decided to find a place to start her daily labours (not that she had many to do). But then she heard the calling. Her bat-like ears perked up as the sound crossed the air. It was an invitation, and, even though it was not directed specifically for her, she decided to investigate, curiosity moving her forward.

She arrived to a small building a few minutes later, finding two smells around it. She recognized both, but one of them, the strongest and also the one that seemingly beonged to the resident of these ruins, was more familiar. She was sure that she had already met that wolf, but she couldn't recall specifically when. Curiosity pushed her forward once more, and soon she found herself in the entrance, eyeing the inside with curiosity. Two canines, one who's pelt was creamy colored and the other with a silver shade, blue toppling her head, were standing there. The coyote girl felt suddenly insecure about her presence in the place, and since the moment she neared the place she casted her deep red eyes down. "Do aye interrupt somethin'?" She asked. But then she remembered the name of the silver girl. Her fiery gaze rose as the memories filled her mind. Yes, she had been with this wolf before. "Magnolia?" She asked, her hard accent staining the words. But she did not say anything else and rather remained where she was, waiting for a sign of recognition or a fast dismissal.

Flower lives "Flower says Flower thinks

<style>
.xochime-a01 {width:475px; margin:0px auto;}
.xochime-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.xochime-a01 p {padding:10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.xochime-a01 b {color:#EBD30A; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.xochime-a01 .inner {background-color:#464400; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#232201; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:473px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

Anyone is still free to post! <3

Magnolia didn’t expect anyone to come as quickly as they did. As she finished organizing her modest home her dear friend Denver appeared in the doorway. She smiled and walked across the room to give him a quick friendly hug. Hey, she said back, grinning to herself as he said his awkward hello. My father gave her to me, isn’t she precious? But that’s for later. Today’s my birthday, and I brought a doe back for the pack. Help yourself! she said warmly, taking the bottle as he passed it to her. She murmured a quick Thank you, as she put the bottle on the floor, not entirely sure what to do with it. She had no idea what the bottle contained, but she figured he would explain it to her.

Maggie picked the bottle back up to inspect it carefully. Before she had too much time to look at it, her acquaintance Xochime appeared nervously. Hello! exclaimed, happy to see the russet woman again. She motioned for the lady to enter her home. Today’s my birthday, and I caught a little something for the family, She wasn’t sure who else would come (the doe was rather small and she wasn’t sure how many more people could sustain themselves on the meat) but she hoped her little gift to the pack would make her superiors happy.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

You had Xochime take out her nose ring didn't you Luna? I thought so but wasn't sure.. I was hoping someone else would join in! Oh well! <3

Denver couldn't help but be wary of the feathered creature, his eyes darting suspiciously back to the animal every now and then. "Precious... sure," he mumbled as she took the bottle from him. Maggie had caught a fresh deer for her party, but Denver had always preferred cooked meat. Shrugging, he decided he would have a bite or two anyways; after all, he hadn't eaten yet this morning. "Alright," he said pleasantly, moving to the carcass; it was still slightly warm. The wolf-dog grabbed the doe's thin haunch and dug his teeth right in, pulling the meat away from the thin bones easily. After a few chews, he swallowed and turned his gaze back to Maggie, who was inspecting the bottle. "It's called Port; it's a strong kind of wine. You ever had it?" He licked his lips, wishing they could open the bottle now.

An unfamiliar face emerged rather suddenly through the doorway, and his eyes raised in appraisal. She was a red-headed woman with similarly red eyes, but she looked familiar. Instantly he thought of Tlantli, that odd-looking gold woman, and wondered if they might be related. Those red eyes and that coyote-like stature were too similar. This one was about his height, and Denver was somehow comforted by it. She seemed to know Magnolia, and must have responded to her call. Wiping his mouth, Denver nodded to her. "'lo," he offered in greeting. "It's still kinda warm, too," he said, referring to the deer as he took another chomp out of the leg. It may not have been cooked but it tasted good nonetheless.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000
Sorry for the lateness!! D: and yes Bobby, she removed her ring before entering Smile

xochime kimaris

At first, the young Coyote thought about just crawling away, seeming like somebody had already claimed the piece of meat laying inside the house. But since she had been invited by the host, she decided to go in anyways. After all, some company was not bad at all, specially from the young girl, who seemed to be quite cheerful and innocent in contrast with most of the residents. So, acknowledging Magnolia's invitation with a nod, she entered the place going straight to the girl's side. "So, hum, eet is yar birday." She asked, a bit unsure about what to do. She was not sure why the day of birth was a reason for celebration, since she did not celebrate her own birthday. Sure, she had a vague idea of when had it taken place, but she had regarded it as something of low importance. Guess it was otherwise for other people. "Congratulations." She said, looking at her with a kind smile.

Only when the smell of blood reached her nose she diverted her attention towards the other male, who seemed to be enjoying the food greatly. She smiled Magnolia one last time before she leaned beside the hybrid to serve herself a portion. However, calling back her manners, she eyed him first. "Sir, may aye 'now yer neim?"

Flower Lives "Flower says" Flower Thinks

<style>
.xochime-d04 {font-family: 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 15px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.xochime-d04 .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/meprx.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.xochime-d04 .ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.xochime-d04 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.xochime-d04 .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', 'times new roman', times, serif; font-size:50px; padding:25px 15px 14px 0px; text-align:right;}
.xochime-d04 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.xochime-d04 .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.xochime-d04 .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:0 5px; float:left; font-size:60px;font-family: 'IM Fell French Canon', 'times new roman', times, serif;}
/*Speech*/
.xochime-d04 b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
/*Word of the Day*/
.xochime-d04 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Let me know if you guys want this closed or not. ^^ I’m cool with continuing or closing either way Smile

“No, I haven’t, is it any good?” the wolf asked Denver, wishing she could read the markings that were on the glass. She didn’t know how to read, and probably never would. Now that she was a year old it seemed silly that she didn’t know how to decipher the text, because the skill seemed like something an adult would pass on to their young. Did Lolita know how to read? The thought had never crossed her mind before. She didn’t really care; even if her mother did, the silver girl didn’t care.

She watched as her Denver happily devoured the meat and Xochime came over. She gave the russet girl a warm smile and a small hug. “It is,” she said happily, noting the look of confusing on the family member’s face. “My mother told me once that your first birthday is the most important one you’ll ever have. I don’t know when it is exactly, but I’m guessing. Celebrating is also nice, even if it’s not for anything too big,” she explained to the lady with the strange accent, and mumbled a quiet “thank you” when Xo said congratulations.

Xochime trekked over to the carass and Maggie joined her. The three of them feasted; Maggie was focusing on the top of the deer’s body. Blood streamed down her jaw and chest, but she didn’t care. The successful kill put a smile on her face.

<style type="text/css">
.magicbottle-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.magicbottle b {font-weight:bold; color:#c487bc; letter-spacing:1px}
.magicbottle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.magicbottle-line {width:400px; border-top:1px dotted #c487bc; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.magicbottle {margin:0 auto; background-color:#f2f7fb; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/68h21d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 290px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9497ba; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #a3cae8; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Fae

[/html]